It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A preview of 2010???!!!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 26 2009 @ 08:01 PM
link   
In the spirit of New Year's, I've decided to share my Resolutions to improve myself and the world around me. Feel free to contribute yours as well, because I'm sure we can all use some inspiration.

So here goes.

I, smyleegrl, do hereby resolve that during the upcoming 2010 year, I will.....

1. NOT think rude thoughts about the blokes who take a buggy full of groceries thru the 10 items or less express lane.

2. to just smile and not think disparaging thoughts the next time someone tells me "Oh, what fun you must have as a teacher! It's like playing all day long!"

3. Keep the spirit of Christmas in my heart all year long by letting my husband buy me gifts whenever the mood strikes me.

4. to not throw blunt objects at the television whenever TPTB talk about all the good the new laws are doing.

5. to make sexism an equal opportunity employer. I'll open my own restaraunt and employ scantily clad hunky men to be the waiters. I'll call the restaraunt "Peckers."

6. do my part to encourage the local economy by consuming chocolate based items.

7. to deny ignorance by getting all my news from the ATS website....and no where else.

8. smile politely whenever someone tells me "Oh, your child looks just like your husband! Aren't you glad?"

And my number one resolution for the New Year....

To remember that laughter truly is the best medicine, smiling releases endorphines, and that the upcoming year will be the best possible because I Will Make It So!

Here's hoping you all have a wonderful New Year's, as well! And don't forget to share those resolutions!

posted on Dec, 26 2009 @ 08:34 PM
link   
Thanks smyleegrl for a good belly laugh today. I appreciate your humor that brightened the day here.

Be well

posted on Dec, 26 2009 @ 08:36 PM
link   
LOL
Good one.

I myself find resolutions like budgets, easy to make but hard to stick to, so I avoid them as much as possible.

[edit on 26/12/09 by GobbledokTChipeater]

posted on Dec, 26 2009 @ 08:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by smyleegrl

5. to make sexism an equal opportunity employer. I'll open my own restaraunt and employ scantily clad hunky men to be the waiters. I'll call the restaraunt "Peckers."

And my number one resolution for the New Year....

To remember that laughter truly is the best medicine, smiling releases endorphines, and that the upcoming year will be the best possible because I Will Make It So!

Here's hoping you all have a wonderful New Year's, as well! And don't forget to share those resolutions!

Freekin great my dear! You would get along with my better half just fine. I hope you and yours have a "Great" New year!

posted on Dec, 27 2009 @ 08:17 AM
link   
Keep those resolutions coming, friends! We all need a good laugh now and then?

posted on Dec, 27 2009 @ 08:22 AM
link   
reply to post by smyleegrl

ok that's funny...happy new year to you, and don't let the bastards get you down...and c'mon...you know your hubby loves you.

posted on Dec, 27 2009 @ 11:38 AM
link   
reply to post by jimmyx

Yes, my hubby loves me a lot. He's a keeper!

Best wishes for a new year~!

posted on Dec, 27 2009 @ 11:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by smyleegrl
8. smile politely whenever someone tells me "Oh, your child looks just like your husband! Aren't you glad?"

lol, they know you too well then, lol.

For me, i will be negative as usual. Why break the cycle of my life, for one year, no, i think life is sh1t and that i should always project that out.

[edit on 12/27/2009 by andy1033]

posted on Dec, 27 2009 @ 05:41 PM
link   

For me, i will be negative as usual. Why break the cycle of my life, for one year, no, i think life is sh1t and that i should always project that out.
reply to post by andy1033

Well friend, good luck with that. Just be sure to keep your negativity far away from me.......unless you fancy a smile, that is! lol

Sincerely, best wishes for the next several years!

[edit on 27-12-2009 by smyleegrl]

posted on Dec, 30 2009 @ 05:15 PM
link   
I need to add a couple of resolutions to my list.

I resolve to continue to do my part for the local economy by consuming cholocate-based items en masse.

I resolve to think of the recent airplane bomber attempt as the Tidy Whitey Terrorist.

Please, all, add more!

new topics

top topics

join