It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

All of my nails fell off when I was a child.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 26 2009 @ 06:13 AM
link   
I think I was around 2-3 years old, and the doctor said he'd never seen anything like it before.

My parents told me when this happened I was in good health, and it came from absolutely no where.

I've googled it and found few results, but some describing exactly what happened.

Anyone here with a medical background know anything about this? No doctors seem to know what cause it, and there's no diagnosis.

Could this be the work of all those precious vaccinations and immunizations? I don't know.

But I know it happened to me, and it still weirds me out to this day. I've never had it happen since. My nails are very healthy, cuticle and all.

Also, at age 10-11 I developed psoriasis of the scalp which was horrible to my social atmosphere, as you can imagine. It completely disappeared late 2008, and now I've not a spec of dandruff.

If anyone knows anything about what might cause these symptoms, please, help me out.

posted on Dec, 26 2009 @ 11:01 AM
link   
Your parents assumed you were healthy but your weren't? did your mom breast feed you?

posted on Dec, 26 2009 @ 07:14 PM
link   
reply to post by Rawhemp

If you could correlate how breast feeding and losing all your finger nails works, please, do.

And yes, she did, for about 6-8 months.

And I was perfectly healthy, I showed no poor health what so ever. During this period of losing my nails, I lost no energy what so ever, I was continuously active.

posted on Dec, 26 2009 @ 08:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by Revolution-2012

If you could correlate how breast feeding and losing all your finger nails works, please, do.

Breast milk is what you need as a baby until your about 4-5yrs imo, probably longer ideally. The fact that your mother took you off breast milk so early may have caused a fat deficiency as babies need such high fat content? The problem could have been many things tho. Also just because you had so-called energy indicates in no way your health, You could have been suffering from one of many deficiencies. This is all speculation tho and I doubt anyone could pinpoint the specific reason but it shouldn't really matter as long as you have all your fingernails now

posted on Dec, 26 2009 @ 09:06 PM
link   
The nail on my left big toe has fallen out twice now in the past five years.

It appeared normal, I had no prior knowledge it was loose. It just falls off and starts growing a new one.

Not having a nail there feels a little weird at first,but I am use to it now.

Would really be nice what causes it.

posted on Dec, 26 2009 @ 09:48 PM
link   
look to spirituality perhaps

In buddhism the acquiring of a rainbow body meant that eventually the monks nails and hair fell out and regrew from anew. Only once does this happen. The regrowth in most cases is stronger, healthier, shinier, etc.

I do not personally know whether there are past lives or not as I am on the fence about it myself having remembered at least pre-existence before he body.

But if there is reincarnation, perhaps in your last life you were a buddhist working on the rainbow body and it was a manifestation from that.

posted on Dec, 26 2009 @ 09:54 PM
link   
Hi Revolution.

Were your nails very thin and flexible at the time they fell off? Was it every one of them, or just certain digits?

Nails are markers for indication of health.

What do your nails look like today?
Do you have any lines or ridges in your nails? Any bumps? Any white spots or dark spots?

Are your nails much wider across the top than they are at the nail bed? Enough so that they might almost be considered triangular in shape?

Do you have "moons" in all of your nails?

Describe your nails.

posted on Dec, 26 2009 @ 09:58 PM
link   
It could have been caused by the Coxsackie A virus. There are some reported cases when all finger and toe nails of an infant have fallen off, either during the virus infection (also called as Hand, Foot and Mouth disease) or even several weeks after that. There are not always any severe symptoms other than some rash during the virus infection, so the nails falling off some weeks later is sometimes seen as a "mystery" if the infant was otherwise healthy at the time.

Here are some discussions about the Coxsackie infection, which BTW is called the "entero pox" in some other languages other than English.

posted on Dec, 26 2009 @ 10:00 PM
link   
Sounds like you might have had a vitamin deficiency. Nothing major and easily remedied but that can create unhealthy fingernails and toenails.

posted on Dec, 26 2009 @ 11:21 PM
link   
reply to post by Rawhemp

I was switched to formula. Once again, you're not making the connection to breast feeding and ALL of my nails falling off. Please refrain from posting if you're just giving an uneducated speculative opinion.

To Dominicus:

I'm very spiritual, however, I don't think enlightened enough to be a rainbow spirit as you describe. =(

To Alethea:

Thanks for the concern, I'm not sure I will have to ask my father if he remembers, I don't remember them mentioning this, my mother and him just said they woke up and my fingernails shed, reptillian like. Gone. All simultaneous to.

Not a single white spot or dark spot on the actual bulk of the nails, on my thumbs I have the moon where the middle of my cuticle meets my nail(is that what you call it?) They're all very well colored, very healthy, smooth and shiny.

I do have lines on the ridges, kind of like where your nail presses into your skin a bit.

My nails are virtually symmetrical, rounded off at the end at a good curve. No triangle, they look like perfect nails.

To Doc Lithium:

I thank you very much for this, although we cannot be for certain given it was so long ago. I will take it into consideration!

To Ashley D:

Not sure how common losing all your nails from vitamin deficiencies is....but, it could be a possibility

posted on Dec, 27 2009 @ 08:32 AM
link   
This book may give you some insight in determining health problems according to certain physical manifestations. I highly recommend the book.

Dr. Chi's Method of Fingernail and Tongue Analysis
Tsu-Tsair Chi N.M.D., Ph. D

new topics

top topics

join