It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Israel summons envoys from all over the world

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 25 2009 @ 09:47 PM
link   

Israel's ambassadors and consuls generals from all over the world have been summoned to attend a conference to be held over global challenges facing Israel.

The meeting to be attended in Jerusalem Al-Quds on December 27-31 is hosted by the Ministry of Foreign Affairs, headed by Deputy Prime Minister and Foreign Minister Avigdor Lieberman

Benyamin Netanyahu will also attend the conference along with Defense Minister Ehud Barak, Minister of Intelligence and Atomic Energy Dan Meridor, and other senior officials

This is the first time a conference for all of Israel's heads of missions has been held

www.presstv.ir...
www.israelnationalnews.com...

sounds like a big to do for the israelis... wonder whats up? perhaps they are preparing for something.. BIG... if you recall there were reports in the media about the israelis striking before the end of the year and in the early months of the coming year... we should keep an ATS eye on this... your thoughts folks?

[edit on 25-12-2009 by TheCoffinman]

posted on Dec, 25 2009 @ 10:06 PM
link   
If Israel were to strike with all these important people in Israel, what would be the result if Iran fired back? All these important folks killed....hmmm. Sure way to get everyone involved, ain't it?

posted on Dec, 25 2009 @ 10:07 PM
link   
reply to post by TheCoffinman

I can't see Israel striking Iran alone, or even with just US or NATO backing. The Islamic regime is already a sinking ship, just give it more time to sink fully. Sunday will see the biggest protests yet in Iran.

Although I do wonder if the Iranian army/airforce and the opposition has been in contact with the Israeli govt. and if they have a plan of some sort.

[edit on 25-12-2009 by john124]

posted on Dec, 25 2009 @ 10:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by AlreadyGone
If Israel were to strike with all these important people in Israel, what would be the result if Iran fired back? All these important folks killed....hmmm. Sure way to get everyone involved, ain't it?

That's a lot of IFs.
What if the important people didn't die?

posted on Dec, 25 2009 @ 10:21 PM
link   
reply to post by john124

If they didn't die? Man, the only thing worse than a bunch of dead survivors is a bunch of pissed off survivors.

posted on Dec, 25 2009 @ 10:30 PM
link   
The reason iraqi soldiers and saddam royal guards didnt fight back americans
i believe money paid a role, i mean honestly you would think by 2003 iraq would had some air supremacy over the middle east
guess what happend? tanks rolled in, and everyone though saddam was going to his scuds but didnt.

Why? there were NO troops! I MEAN WOW no enemy troops over a mile over the country and you thought that was odd, funny how that red dust storm came in, and all the media fuss it was god protecting them, ya right

If israel does attack iran by this year or next year, iran will strike back,
iran isnt a pushover like iraq was, and you cant presume them with money.

Why? well they got oil fileds already whats the point??

[edit on 25-12-2009 by Agent_USA_Supporter]

posted on Dec, 25 2009 @ 10:36 PM
link   

They way I read this is Israel is calling all of ITS own consulate people

back to Israel to have a Pow wow session.

Not people from other countries.

Am I wrong ?

posted on Dec, 25 2009 @ 10:48 PM
link   
reply to post by Sean48

thats correct, summoning them to warn them all perhaps... they wouldnt be stupid enough to attack while they were meeting .....
i think u misunderstood the first post.. why else would u summon all these folk together with ur pm, fa, dm, and intel/atomic miniter at once....

posted on Dec, 25 2009 @ 10:51 PM
link   

Your post and links are where I looked at it, the other posters were

writing like other heads of States were coming to Israel

I believe it will be a Israeli "stragegy session , gameplan " for the

up coming show down , politicial or military , with Iran

posted on Dec, 25 2009 @ 10:52 PM
link   
For the record/confirmation:

www.mfa.gov.il...

The Ministry of Foreign Affairs, headed by Deputy Prime Minister and Minister of Foreign Affairs Avigdor Liberman, will host a conference next week (27-31 December) for Israeli Heads of Missions. At the conference, Israel’s ambassadors and consuls general serving throughout the world will discuss broad diplomatic and strategic issues.

This is the first time a conference for all of Israel’s Heads of Missions has been held. The idea is to facilitate direct dialogue with the country’s leaders, mutual updates on major diplomatic issues, and a discussion of action plans to deal with the challenges awaiting the State of Israel in the international arena in the coming year, including the Iranian threat.

A major part of the conference will be devoted to examining Israel’s integration and potential contribution to items on the world agenda such as the environment, renewable energy, water and sewage treatment, and new technologies. The participants will discuss how to develop and promote Israel’s foreign relations and its image as a country that contributes to creating a better future for everyone. They will also talk about the rise of new global powers and how to deal with them.

On Monday, 28 December, the Heads of Missions will be guests of President Shimon Peres at the President’s Residence.

Foreign Minister Liberman will open the conference. Other officials invited to attend include Prime Minister Benyamin Natanyahu, Defense Minister Ehud Barak, Minister of Intelligence and Atomic Energy Dan Meridor, Bank of Israel Governor Stanley Fischer, and senior officials of Israel’s diplomatic and security community.

The Ministry of Foreign Affairs plans to make the Heads of Missions Conference an annual event, as it is in other leading foreign ministries in the world.

posted on Dec, 25 2009 @ 11:56 PM
link   
Well, all I can say is that I hope they are discussing the fact (and I use this term loosely here) that their initiatives in the region really DO need to turn towards "Green Energy" and actually move away from the war rhetoric.

Otherwise, it sure looks like things are about to ramp up.
Which is NOT good, IMO.

posted on Dec, 25 2009 @ 11:58 PM
link   

reply to post by john124

bunch of dead survivors

I know those words but they dont make any sense?

[edit on 25/12/2009 by OzWeatherman]

posted on Dec, 26 2009 @ 12:10 AM
link   
maybe they just want to call thier people back so they don't have to worry about diplomatic hostages being taken agound the globe after they accidently fire off a few rounds at Iran.

posted on Dec, 26 2009 @ 12:10 AM
link   
If Israel were planning a strike, would they use this as a way of getting a common story and notification of expected timing to all of their diplomats without sending out any electronic communications that could be intercepted?

posted on Dec, 26 2009 @ 01:01 AM
link   
I would tend to agree with The Coffinman.I think they want to get their stories strait regarding the reasons for the attack.Once it begins there will be little time for pow wows.S/F.

posted on Dec, 26 2009 @ 02:15 AM
link   

reply to post by john124

If they didn't die? Man, the only thing worse than a bunch of dead survivors is a bunch of pissed off survivors.

What sort of event could you see leaving a bunch of "dead survivors"?

- Perhaps if people were to fall into a regeneration unit from a great height . . .

posted on Dec, 26 2009 @ 02:47 AM
link   

This is not good....and thanks for bringing it to my attention.

Israel does not, and I mean they do not openly talk about their business, ever. Israel is not even a member of the nuke club even tho every one fully knows they have Nukes stolen by the US from the US and given to them and they are openly talking about an unprecedented meeting between their top officials, pulled from all corners of the glob to discuss "challenges facing Israel"?

This is 100% a double buff message that says "WE ARE GOING TO @#$% YOU UP IRAN!". This is not good.....

Israel is turning up the heat so Iran will feel forced into making a nuke. They will see no other alternative other than to fight or become another Iraq. this is just crazy.

[edit on 26-12-2009 by Izarith]

posted on Dec, 26 2009 @ 03:00 AM
link   
reply to post by Izarith

Iran won't build nukes
If they do, it justifies Isreals concerns.

If they don't build one, it paints Isreal as the bad guy and that would suit Iran.

posted on Dec, 26 2009 @ 03:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by munkey66
reply to post by Izarith

Iran won't build nukes
If they do, it justifies Israel's concerns.

If they don't build one, it paints Isreal as the bad guy and that would suit Iran.

Dude!!

The US full out invaded a country that had absolutely nothing to do with nothing and got away with it scott free!

Lets not talk about looking like bad guys, No one gives a crap!

Iran will build a nuke or at least try, it is their only chance for survival.

Every country in the world that has acquired nuclear weapons instantaneously becomes immune to invasion. you become one of the big boys who gets to play ball with the rest. Hell The second North Korea got nukes the US and every other country backed away and let them be. It will be the same for Iran if they get them. But they wont.

Getting nuclear weapons is like getting your drivers license for countries. The only difference is there is only so much space on the free way and others don't want to car pool.

Like I said this is a double-bluff on Israels part. They are giving Iran the kiss of death in the hopes that they get sloppy. All eyes are on Iran right now.

[edit on 26-12-2009 by Izarith]

posted on Dec, 26 2009 @ 03:52 AM
link   
It is certainly NOT GOOD.

The only times a nation would withdraw its embassies would be the start of hostilities. WW1 and WW2 are clear examples. During the cold war, if spies were caught, ambassadors would be recalled and the host country's ambassor would be deported back.

No logical reason for a ambassadorial level event for conferences when 2nd tier staff, video conferencing, etc is readily avaliable.....

Iran has gone too far this time......their mouth foaming daily chantings and threats to 'wipe Israel of the map of Earth' had became too much of a reality to the community of Jews, as the iranian nukes are being readied and primed.

Seems like the jews figured they are gonna be alone on this to take on the might of the Persian Army whom had stuck their middle finger to the world on the nuke issue. Thermopylae again?

[edit on 26-12-2009 by SeekerofTruth101]

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join