It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

10 ways to get back at Corporate Jackals

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 19 2009 @ 02:04 PM
link   
There sure are alot of posts about fighting back. People feel more and more taken advantage of these days, and rightfully so. It seems like once a week, some kind of scandal is revealed, and somehow, you are affected.

Just like when you pay your cell phone bill. Did you know some of that money goes to the government? "Air Time" fees, "Connection" fees, are actually hidden taxes.
Or how about some of the other things we learned this past decade. Our tax dollars being misused. Unethical bank business.

You have every right to want to fight back.

But wait a second, dont go for that bug-out-bag in your personal armory, not just yet.

Here are ten ways to fight back against big business, corporate, soul-sucking conglomerates. And surprisingly, they are legal and EASY.

1. Mortgage underwater? Just walk away from it. Even academia says it's OK. Move to the city and rent.
"Homeowners should be walking away in droves," University of Arizona law school professor Brent T. White told the Los Angeles Times. "But they aren't.

I dont own my home, I rent. I have never owned one, so I dont understand the full process. CAN you just leave it? I mean, debt on paper.....is it really that bad?

2. Unplug your cable. The easiest way to kill the so-called news networks is to cut them off at their enablers. Don't like the hate spewed by Rupert Murdoch's News Corp nutjobs? Pull your cable bill's plug, or shut down your satellite. Tired of the way that Reality TV, in entertainment and otherwise, has replaced reality itself?

YES.YES.YES. Cable TV is entirely over-priced. How much do you pay a month? Now take that number, and run the figure against how many hours a month you actually watch the TV.
How much do you pay an hour?
Too much. Thats how much.

3. Kill your landline. Chances are, your carrier is a privacy sellout you're already paying double. What's that you say, you're on a package deal that gives you a landline, a cell account and a cable subscription? Why? If you have a cell account, you don't need a landline, so they're just jacking you for money.

I agree with this one as well. I know alot of people who do this. I havent even owned a home phone in 5 years.

One more...then you can read the entire article.

8. Stop buying bottled water, factory-farmed beef and new cars, especially hybrids.
The first offense is a bailout for the oil industry, the second is a climate-change massacre, and the third is a waste of your time and money. The electric cars will be here soon.

I am fully aware of the conspiracy against the electric car. That people have tried to shut it down. But they cant do that forever.
I have a filter on my faucet.Bottled water is just not economical. It's very expensive, and isnt much different than what you can get with a filter on your tap.

I dont eat read meat. So, oh well on that one.

Read the full article here.

Are these good ideas?

Do you have any ideas for yourself, something not mentioned on the list?

What are some other ways you can contribute?

posted on Dec, 19 2009 @ 02:19 PM
link   
reply to post by InertiaZero

This is awesome, we should compile as much information like this as possible.

Who needs cable TV anyway when we have the internet?

posted on Dec, 19 2009 @ 02:23 PM
link   
reply to post by dalan.

It would be cool, to create an index, for any techniques like this.

Great Idea!

posted on Dec, 19 2009 @ 02:26 PM
link   
Number 9 should be organize the peoples to boycott certain corporations.

VOTE WITH YOUR DOLLAR!

If you dislike walmart, for instance, campaign to convince people to stop shopping there, and guess what, they'll suddenly be on their knees.

The mighty corporation and big business is totally dependent on our continued funneling of dollars into their pockets. We can stop that, easily.

posted on Dec, 19 2009 @ 02:32 PM
link   
Not bad ideas.

For some sick reason, I've always liked to put billets in the wheels.

I think dumpster divers has been somewhat stigmatized because of the corporate jackals; they don't want their carbage used for free. Many companies has now isolated their dumpsters, maybe even guarded. But they say it's for your own sake.

Also, collecting the natural resources like berries and vegetables whenever you can would be a good thing to do.

-v

posted on Dec, 19 2009 @ 02:35 PM
link   
reply to post by Kaytagg

It's a rough time to tell people not to shop at wal-mart, lol.

But I get what youre saying. Like if everyone quit buying gasoline for a week, it would throw the oil giants into tragic debt.

Corporations need us.

Getting people to cooperate is pretty darn hard though. For something like that to work, it would have to be en masse.

How do you get your campaign to be so appealing, no one can resist it? How did these corporations campaign to US in the first place?

posted on Dec, 19 2009 @ 02:42 PM
link   
Nice thread OP. I have been wanting to do a thread like this so I will contribute:

Agri-business: Don't agree with mass indoor farming with genetically modified seeds from Monsanto?
Buy from local farmer's markets or better yet, grow your own food. If everyone did this, the giant agri-business would dry up.
www.globalresearch.ca...

Inhumane pig and beef farmers: Don't like the idea of how cows and pigs are treated and packed together in cesspools of their own waste, breeding new flu strains?
Cut out red meat and pork forever, giant pig and beef farmers dry up.
www.celsias.com...

Don't like the way Walmart kills small business? This one is easy. QUIT SHOPPING THERE!! They will be done! Game over.
www.aflcio.org...

Hate "too big to fail" big banks like Goldman Sux, BoA, Wells Fargo, and the like?
Give your banking business to the local community credit unions. Bye-bye big banks!
www.moneyunder30.com...
www.bargaineering.com...

This is what needs to be done to "take back our country". It takes a collective involvement though and the sheeple won't even ask themselves the question, or question their assumptions about the world they live in. They just want to whine about it and shop at Walmart for their veggies and bacon.

posted on Dec, 19 2009 @ 02:59 PM
link   
reply to post by 12GaugePermissionSlip

Great ideas!
Good links too. Especially the ones about the animals.

I have heard alot of talk saying violence and rebellion will "take back the country".

Starting civil war doesnt stop these people. Taking their money does. Money is power/influence. I mean, we are talking about people without souls. They dont care about others.
Wal-mart would probably sponsor a civil war, to ensure they retain business in the midst of all the killing.

Taking money away from these guys is like putting your kids to bed without dinner.

They were bad, and when they want to be bad again, theyll remember what it's like to try to doze off when their bellies are growling.

[edit on 19-12-2009 by InertiaZero]

[edit on 19-12-2009 by InertiaZero]

posted on Dec, 19 2009 @ 03:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by InertiaZero
reply to post by dalan.

It would be cool, to create an index, for any techniques like this.

Great Idea!

EXCELLENT idea, please help make this happen everyone.
also--badass picture of tifa

posted on Dec, 19 2009 @ 03:34 PM
link   
In regards to number 3, I just choose not to own a cell phone.

I assure you if I didn't have living family members I would kill the home phone as well. I also haven't had cable or satellite TV in 9 years at least. If I choose to watch some form of TV or movie, I have the internet for that, all without the commercials to boot.

As far as part one, you signed the mortgage, you should pay it. Even if your rate got jacked up 20% it's your fault for signing an adjustable rate mortgage. You should have read the fine print. Any time money is involved, read the damn fine print.

posted on Dec, 19 2009 @ 03:38 PM
link   
reply to post by Hypntick

But do you think some people were taken advantage of, but the home sale "boom"?
Banks lended alot of money to people who obviously couldnt afford the mortgage.
Or do you think this is victimless?

posted on Dec, 19 2009 @ 03:41 PM
link   

if i wanted to live like that, i would move to a third world country. i like the choices i have here in america. you can live a frugal life with a change in your attitude, if you want. nobody is stoping you from NOT buying things. a little self control and discipline is what is needed.

posted on Dec, 19 2009 @ 03:59 PM
link   

Let us talk practicality. lst get organized, belong to a group. What ever that group decides, all must follow it blindly. Target one business at a time and stop buying their products. For example, the group decides that we will not watch Fox TV. Every one should stop watching Fox for a year and see the results. Or you don't want to buy Gas from Chevron retail outlets for a year. May be targeting a credit card. This way they can learn real fast not to mess with us.
How to get back to the Government. I don't exactly remember how to do it. But I remember that if you turn the city charter back to township, you don't have to pay property taxes. For Phone, if we all get together and launch our own communication satellite, we can chip in a few bux for the cost. We can use free satellite phone and the government will never know who own the telephone. There will be no taxes. Cell Phones are nothing but the old walki talki (wireless, CB radios) that are digitized and encrypted. If we own the equipment, we have control of it. In essence, we can do a lot if you think about it. Actually if you think about the history. It was people that got together . Build churches, schools and pooled their talents chartered Cities and Government and Hospitals etc. . In todays society, the Politicians abused it. Tried to own everything that people build for the common good. And this is all with deception. Utitilities were build with our tax money. Roads were build with our Taxes. Deception is Privatization. Silver Dome in Pontiac Michigan was build costing 75 Million to the Tax payer. They just sold it for a few hundred thousand dollars. So is the Ohio Turn pike sold to a Maxican Conglomerate for dirt cheap. Politicians are robbing us right and left. Clinton had a few thousands invested in Oil exploration. That investment grew in Millions. Don't you think Bankers bought Politicians like Clinton. It is ridiculous to think that medicine from other nations are inferior in quality and for congress to put a ban on importation But these are the ways to rob us one way or the other. Unless we fight back democracy is for the civilized people which does not work for us any more.

posted on Dec, 19 2009 @ 04:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by jimmyx

if i wanted to live like that, i would move to a third world country. i like the choices i have here in america. you can live a frugal life with a change in your attitude, if you want. nobody is stoping you from NOT buying things. a little self control and discipline is what is needed.

I hate to tell but you do live in a third world country! You do not and can not own "anything" in the US. You don' t pay your real estate taxes it is sold on public action, you car, boat and everything is never owned. You can not legally raise live stock to be eaten by you and your family!

A third world country may have more freedoms in the end.......sad.

Tru

posted on Dec, 19 2009 @ 04:10 PM
link   
A fun thing to do is when you get junk mail that comes with one of those envelopes that says postage paid by,, I take the whole thing and mail it back to them. They have to pay for it. The heaver it is the better so if ya have anything else stuff that also.

I don't get much of this mail any more. I also send email or letter to anyone depositing there junk in my mail box or lawn. I tell them if they send it again I will impose a five dollar disposal fee. If the fee is not paid they will face litigation.

This has worked wonders, I get mail only two to three times a week now. It burns me up they send me junk, I have to carry to my garage garbage can then drag it back to the street and pay to have it taken away.. BS on that !!

And for the ones that keep sending it I wrap a brick in brown paper then tape the envelope to the brick, they love getting that.

Oh edit to add: I DON'T WANT TO GET RIPPED !!

[edit on 19-12-2009 by 22-250]

posted on Dec, 19 2009 @ 05:12 PM
link   
reply to post by 22-250

That is very clever. They DO have to pay for the postage, to and from.
I think I will do that with my junkmail from now on.

posted on Dec, 19 2009 @ 05:14 PM
link   
reply to post by charlie0

I agree, but is there a group?
If not, where do you begin starting one?

posted on Dec, 20 2009 @ 12:06 PM
link   
Yes I encourage everyone to do it , look at it as a way to reduce waste and landfill space. I also do it with newspapers . Papers are the most fun because there is no mailing list. When you tell them to stop it they don't know how to do it because its a drop shipment so to speak.

I just tell them tough you figure it out thats no excuse. Time for them to be responsible for there product and not make it our problem. So send it back!!

Edit to ad again: I DON'T WANT TO GET RIPPED !!

[edit on 20-12-2009 by 22-250]

posted on Dec, 20 2009 @ 12:12 PM
link   
reply to post by dalan.

i do, unfortunatly not everything i wanna see is online yet. which consists of college football. some games i can watch online, but most i cant. so im pretty much paying to watch football...worth it til i can find for free i guess, considering how much it would cost to fly and watch them all at the stadiums=)

posted on Dec, 20 2009 @ 12:29 PM
link   
reply to post by charlie0

Yeah the silverdome sold for what 600 thousand? They were offered 22 million a few years ago? Do you live near by?

Hum..........

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join