It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Looking for others who have had their rose colored glasses knocked off

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 13 2009 @ 07:29 PM
link   
Welcome Kenny.

Although I knew a great deal of truths before coming to ATS, it was still like having 1 rose colored glass and one normal one before I discovered ATS.
Now I have no rose colored glasses on. It took me decades to lose the second one, so we must be patient with those we talk to.

If you told me the things I know now just 10 years ago, I would be doing the loop de loop thing too.

Never before in history has so much truth been available to the masses, but at the same time the same applies to all the lies propagating themselves through society.

It's like a 12 topping pizza with 6 toppings that are lies and 6 are the truth, and you have to try to figure out which is which before you eat it. And the toppings you like best aren't necessarily truths, and the ones you hate aren't necessarily the lies either. Because personal and emotional bias usually effects our perspective.

[edit on 13-12-2009 by Blue_Jay33]

posted on Dec, 13 2009 @ 07:36 PM
link   
Err umm..I am quite confused, as is normal at this time of day, so please

elaborate on the Doppleganger effect here..........seein, double, double

vision......

Welcome to the nightmare..........??

posted on Dec, 13 2009 @ 07:37 PM
link   
reply to post by Magpie82n

It wouldn't be so bad if x factor had original artists on, people who pen thought provocative lyrics that make people question. Not going to happen though because this program like many others by the MSM is specifically designed to keep you numb brained. The day I stop thinking will be the day the universe ends and that ain't never gonna happen.

Keep singing Magpie82n

posted on Dec, 13 2009 @ 07:55 PM
link   
reply to post by Blue_Jay33

Hi Blue_Jay33
Now I like metaphor almost as much as I like super supreme with extra cheese but if I am following your train of thought correctly, I will seriously have to start considering cutting back on junk food. Which is a shame, a DAMN shame.

let us not get our metaphors mixed when we are talking about food, please

All that aside I do understand where you are coming from and no, it's not Papa Luigi's pizza parlor.

It is so true though, that you have to be able to distinguish between the olives and the anchovies otherwise it could leave a bad taste in your mouth.

I look forward to sharing other pizza's er sorry conversations with you Blu_jay33

posted on Dec, 13 2009 @ 08:02 PM
link   
reply to post by savageheart

Hi savageheart.

Please don't concern yourself with the doppelganger thing, that would require a review of the entire thread and believe me it is confusing it's not just you!

And it's not just your nightmare it belongs to all of us, we all deserve a little bit of it too.

Not sure what time of day it is there but either have a good nights sleep or I hope your day goes well.

Nice to meet you mate.

posted on Dec, 13 2009 @ 08:08 PM
link   
reply to post by kennyb72

Thanks for the reply. I too am new to the forum. I find a great deal of valid observations going on here.

The name suicidal survivalist is something that came to me recently.
The dicotomy between the desire for the body to survive what I surely see as coming soon and the futility of seeking thaqt as when our bodies die, we step out with memories intact to a whole different reality. The astral that is.

Have you had the OBEE yet ? How about the UFO sightings ?
Future dreams ? That sort of stuff,

My feelings about suicide are complex. The ability to over ride the self destruct mechanism of the body would be very difficult. However, it's my feeling that would be a valid path choice albiet a rather final one as far as participaiting in this 3'rd density manipulated reality.

And since there is no heaven or hell (unless you create it and participate), the only person who can or will "judge" you is you or your higher self.

But on the other hand, I have gone to great lenghths to relocate to a remote rural area and "dig in" for endgame. creating as best as possible a self sustaining lifestyle. Stocking up, solar power, concrete buildings etc.
But finding like minded people is very challenging.

Have you read any David Icke's book ?

posted on Dec, 13 2009 @ 08:52 PM
link   
reply to post by suicidal survivalist

Hello again, suicidal survivalist. I must admit your tag name did disturb me a bit as I would hate to think that anyone would feel the weight of the world so great as to go down that path.

I have zero doubts about the continuation of the spirit and I feel I have a handle on what happens next. I am still concerned that you feel that suicide would be a valid path when I know that it would do your eternal soul immense damage.

It is not a decision for our limited physical mind to decide, when we leave this mortal world. That decision has already been made by your higher self and others.

You have a purpose my friend and like it or not you must see it through. You don't realize just how much help you receive and how much you will receive in times of adversity. When you truly believe this, nothing could ever make you contemplate the "easy way out".

As far as OBEE's go I have had a few. I am one of those people who regularly have what is termed sleep paralysis and I have tried to overcome my fear and leave my body to travel. The furthest I got was to the bathroom where I tried to turn on the light. When nothing happened 'SNAP' I was back in my body again. I know it is a reality but I just haven't plucked up enough courage to take it further.

When I was about 10 yrs of age my friend and I saw something in the sky that we could not explain. Very high altitude but stationary glinting in the evening sun. Two objects hovered there for five minute or so and then whoosh they shot across the sky so fast. We new then that there was nothing on earth that could do that.

I have had numerous other sightings during my lifetime, in fact when I was younger I would go outside any time and look into the night sky and see light dance around above me. I started to take it personally for a while. I used to think why are they watching me.

Even now, even though I haven't seen anything for a while, I still remember a dream I had where aliens invaded earth. I swear they looked just like the greys we hear of nowadays and this was long before images started to appear in the media of what they where supposed to look like.

I too have taken myself and my wife off to a rural area to dig in. You know since I have been here my worries have subsided a fair bit because there is such a great sense of community here and it is nice to have the opportunity to help others and grow a wonderful sense of belonging.

I feel very contented right now and I am sure that everything will come out really well in the end.

posted on Dec, 13 2009 @ 08:52 PM
link   
Hi Kenny,

I too have lurked on ATS long before choosing to participate, and have only recently became a member. So allow me to welcome you, and to say hello to everybody else.

RecentlyAwaken said:"Take nothing at face value, use it as a jumping off point to start your own investigation and find your own truths." that is a great bit of advice. (and if I understand the forum here, it's each of our duties to do so.)

As far as people that make negative comments that are useless in threads, or worse, that attempt to destroy any inspiration to research or debate, or share ideas.... I think that there are more now, because more people are waking up these days. The people that thoughtthey were awake because they use to imagine bad things happening, are seeing that bad things are happening.

Difference being: it's one thing to think there is a guy in the alley with a gun, and another thing to actually see the guy.

So, Kenny, bring all of your ideas, research and even your craziest hunches, to the table. After all, you can't see everybody making th koo-koo finger twirls from behind our screens.

posted on Dec, 13 2009 @ 09:01 PM
link   
reply to post by Heros_son

Thanks for your kind welcome Heros_son, It really is heartening to find so much kinship here. I must confess I have avoided joining for so long because of some of the unkind words that you read. This thread has really validated my decision to start posting. You are quite right if a loopy finger happens in thin air and nobody is their to witness it "did it really happen" quote by Zen of the loopy finger.

posted on Dec, 13 2009 @ 09:07 PM
link   
Question everything, without fear or favor!

Not every topic is a winner, or worth your time of day. But, if you keep watching, and reading, there are those EUREKA moments when you discover a fantastic posting. It is like opening a present...you never know what it is, until you open it.

Some posts are just door prizes for showing up...others, are the Grand Prize!

You'll start to know who it is after a while, that will always give great ATS gifts.

I have my favorites, and look forward to their next neatly wrapped and packaged blog. Unfortunately, they take long hiatus' between postings. It is like waiting for Santa...and you can't even take a peek or shake the package, to try and guess what it is...you have to wait until they miraculously show up under the ATS tree. Darn it!

posted on Dec, 13 2009 @ 09:19 PM
link   
reply to post by kennyb72

Hey KennyB. Wow a meaningful dialogue ! What a wonderful thing.

The rose colored glasses is a nice metaphor. I prefer the idea of those with the glasses still on as living in the Barbi dreamhouse world.

You are correct about having a purpose or mission. We chose that before we incarnate and nothing can get in the way of that. The same goes for time and manner of death. Although or mission is not always clear to us.

This is chosen by us or our higher slf if you will before we are born or decide to fulfill an incarnational objective. Nothing can stop or change the death event.
So you cannot die before your time and when that event is upon you, nothing can stop or alter it. This goes to the concwpt of leading a "charmed life" or the feeling that someone (your higher self) is looking after you or protecting you.

From your comment and experiences you are no doubt a very advanced incarnate. I wish you the best on your path. I could only offer advice from what I have learned. I try and adhere to the law of allowance as best I can so everyone can think what the what and do what they feel they must.

So, whaen sort of did you come to the realization that something is terribly wrong here on the prison planet ?

What do you think about the ATS thread regarding the large object MUFON is reporting below the South Pole ? I suspect the Alien invasion fleet is coming. But this might be getting off topic.

posted on Dec, 13 2009 @ 09:41 PM
link   
Hello there. Cool intro.

there are some weird folks around here.
Beware and be warned.

Welcome to ATS.

posted on Dec, 13 2009 @ 09:42 PM
link   
reply to post by Confused and Dazed!

I agree with you Confused and Dazed, I have been lurking around for quite a while and sometimes you hit on the most interesting of posts. It is those special posts that keep you coming back. I do like your analogy of a Christmas tree.

I just got back from sitting under the willow tree at the bottom of my paddock pondering on some of the conversations I have had on this site. I swear trees are so underrated when it comes to quiet meditation. I moved from suburbia about two years ago and relocated in the country mainly because of world events.

I was just out there with the warm breeze blowing and with my German Shepherd sitting by my feet looking out to the mountains to my right and the green sweeping hills in front of me and the birds singing, feeling really relaxed.

I looked at my dog who was so alert watching my back so to speak. It occurred to me that if it wasn't for all the cr@p going down in the world, I wouldn't be here in this little piece of heaven that I have wound up in.

Talk about turning a negative into a positive. There is a lot to ponder on, when people talk about a multiverse and following the right path that ultimately leads you to a universe that suits you.

Maybe during that long hiatus these folk go off and sit under a willow tree.

Nice to meet you Confused and Dazed

posted on Dec, 13 2009 @ 09:48 PM
link   
reply to post by ladyinwaiting

Hi ladyinwaiting, do they have big eyes and a beak and wobble around a bit. I am sure I have come across at least one of those already

Seriously this looks like a nice place to hang and I WILL watch out for the freaks.

Nice to meet you

posted on Dec, 13 2009 @ 09:52 PM
link   
I bet there is a lot many of us have in common such as:

A thirst for knowledge at a young age.

Reading the encyclopedia for kicks.

Trouble in school despite or because of above average intelligence.

Authority issues.

Less than average interest in professional sports. (I'm convinced they're all rigged. Too much money at stake)

An underlying sense that things are not what they appear to be.

Dissatisfaction with the "Buy it, use it and throw it away" mentality of most people.

And perhaps with some, a sense that life is too serendipitous to be a coincidence.

I fall into the trap of finding somebody at a party that touches on an ATS topic and I start reeling off facts, figures and possible explantions until I've scared them off.

Just tonight my wife said she was astounded at the range and level of detail of my topics of interest. Its a disease.

We've got to stick together and stop laying into each other. Our ranks are growing. Soon we will be vindicated.

If ignorance is bliss, then that's why I so friggin miserable. F¤]kin A!

posted on Dec, 13 2009 @ 09:59 PM
link   
Hello Dude. Welcome!!! Lets Rock

posted on Dec, 13 2009 @ 09:59 PM
link   
Waking a person up from a dream...especially a nice dream, is a violent and unwelcome invasion. There they are, dancing through fields of flowers and along comes some a$$hole who makes it all go away. Not only that...but they wake up into a world that is far, far less pretty and sweet smelling.

The problem is this...who has the right to force such an act upon the unwilling? Is it justifiable because you are "saving" the other person? Well...I guess "saving" isn't the right word since you don't resolve the problems of the waking world. It's more like a draft where you wake the other person to join a fight...a war...for a better reality.

As a musician and songwriter, I have repeatedly used a line in songs that goes like this. "Is your reality so much better than my fantasy?". We have been forced to wear rose-colored-glasses and now others want to remove them. Is that a good thing? I'm sure to many people...it isn't.

Maybe a better way to approach this task is to first ask..."do you want to see the devil in the forest...or simply continue to see the trees" (or something along those lines), before you force anyone's eyelids open. And I suggest not forgetting...they may wish to kill the messenger. No one initially seems to like being told how life sucks, when they have convinced themselves that it is a bed of roses.

I can tell you for sure, that opening my eyes hasn't made me any happier. As a logical (computer programmer) person, however...I prefer to know reality vs fantasy. But am I happier for it? Do I smile and laugh more for knowing it? NO! Maybe...just maybe...living in the fantasy is easier, and prettier. For those people...maybe continuing to sleep is better and maybe, it is also better for the "war" to allow those people (the ones who like what they currently see) to continue to sleep, while others fight the war. Maybe those people are not needed for the war...maybe they can't be warriors. Maybe, just maybe, they should be awakened for the celebration only after the war has been won.

Just a thought.

posted on Dec, 13 2009 @ 10:00 PM
link   
reply to post by suicidal survivalist

I began to realize something was seriously wrong when people or the MSM and politicians to be more precise, started to tell me that something was red when I could see quite clearly that is was blue. as an example(insert your favorite conspiracy theory here....................)

With regards to the aliens sitting off the south pole, I suggest they get a wiggle on and invade before the polar ice melts

posted on Dec, 13 2009 @ 10:12 PM
link   
HI Kenny welcome aboard mate and i for one think exactly the same way you do and i'm not ashamed to admit it lol

posted on Dec, 13 2009 @ 10:13 PM
link   
reply to post by zarp3333

Hi zarp3333
I guess you have to find your way to a place like this to see you are not alone with your nagging fears for the future.

You are quite right! if you actually stop and look at how our lives are set up you realize that you are being manipulated. Don't even start me on serendipity yet as I would never get away from the keyboard.

We really do have to stick together, It is the key.

If you are miserable it is because you haven't taken this all to it's logical conclusion.

Evil will reign only until it destroys itself, leaving the only thing that really works and that is harmony.

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join