It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Praise to the U.S. Marine Corps

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 22 2004 @ 12:17 PM
link   
Apparently, prisoner abuse is done by just about everyone in Iraq:

story.news.yahoo.com.../latimests/20040522/ts_latimes/reportcitesmarinesiniraqisdeathatacamp< br />

A military investigator has concluded that low-ranking Marines repeatedly struck two defenseless Iraqis at a makeshift prison camp last June, and one of the detainees died after he was left disabled and naked under a scorching sun

Yes, the involved Marines are guilty of the crime and deserve to be court martialed. But let's dig deeper. Was there a cover-up? Did these Marines do it for fun and rape, humiliate, and physically torture the prisoners in sadistic ways? Did commanders try to downplay the situation? ABSOLUTELY NOT.

It was bad, but the Marines are taking responsibility for their actions. They are not making attempts to cover up anything and are forthcoming with the awful event. They are criticizing mistakes made in investigation. And as guilty as the involved Marines may be, they did it out of anger and frustration, not because they wanted to have fun, like those Army losers at Abu Ghraib did.

This shows how you cannot let people like Graner and anybody else following (even if it's a million people) stain America. They DO NOT represent America, or even humanity. There are the real Americans, the real people, and Iraq, no better example than the U.S. Marine Corps.

Do not let the sadistic jack-@$$es at Abu Ghraib make America look bad. There are still good people in Iraq, like the Marines. I am not condoning what they did, but there is a HUGE difference between doing something so terrible for fun and doing something terrible just because you're angry and frustrated. Being angry is human and understandable (considering the situation in Iraq), doing something like that for fun is inhuman.

As the Marine commander said, to compare Abu Ghraib to the Marines is comparing apples with oranges. Marine Corps ARE America. They have picked up the slack for us since Day One. And they are paying a HUGE price because of the acts of others.

[Edited on 22-5-2004 by sweatmonicaIdo]

posted on May, 22 2004 @ 12:28 PM
link   
I think you are right but we are counting more and more incidents and not just in war.
More than 1000 muslims were imprisoned after 9/11 and most of them have been abused heavily and went/are going to court.

I think those people don't represent America but an ongoing process of hatred against arabs in general

Thumbs up anyway for the marines

posted on May, 22 2004 @ 12:31 PM
link   
sweatmonicaIdo - I agree with you 100%

posted on May, 22 2004 @ 12:51 PM
link   
Yeah, Marines rule.

So, I guess I rule too then.

Cpl. Jethro.....

OUT

posted on May, 22 2004 @ 02:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by shoo
I think you are right but we are counting more and more incidents and not just in war.
More than 1000 muslims were imprisoned after 9/11 and most of them have been abused heavily and went/are going to court.

I think those people don't represent America but an ongoing process of hatred against arabs in general

Thumbs up anyway for the marines

It is rather unfortunate.

But we can never forget the contributions of the good people, whether here or abroad.

posted on May, 22 2004 @ 02:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by KrazyJethro
Yeah, Marines rule.

So, I guess I rule too then.

Cpl. Jethro.....

OUT

I don't want to make it an Army vs. Marines situation, but you have to face the facts.

88 of the sexual abuse cases among soldiers in Iraq were committed by the Army. Only 1 by the Marine Corps. And almost every single prisoner abuse and atrocious acts against Iraqi civilians has all been by the Army.

Let's not forget the it's the Army that's complaining about too much combat and less benefits and leave. The Marines have been getting their butts kicked, are stretched thin, have heavy losses, but I don't hear them complaining about anything.

The Army is full of pro-Bush, pro-U.S. false propoganda. No such things from the Marines. They are all combat.

It's funny, Nasariah was held by the 82nd Airborne Division. The Marines took over because the Army couldn't take the heat. As a result, the Marines suffered some huge losses and in the end, it turned out all they had to do was negotiate with the warlord. Pathetic work on part by the Army and our government.

And yes, Camp Whiteside (Marine prison camp) is nothing compared to Abu Ghraib. Nobody at Camp Whiteside is trying to have "fun."

posted on May, 22 2004 @ 02:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by OpusDei
sweatmonicaIdo - I agree with you 100%

Anger is a part of human nature. But you have sadistic "fun" because you want to. Big difference.

You know what they say, it's not what you do, but why you do it that matters.

posted on May, 22 2004 @ 02:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by sweatmonicaIdo

Let's not forget the it's the Army that's complaining about too much combat and less benefits and leave. The Marines have been getting their butts kicked, are stretched thin, have heavy losses, but I don't hear them complaining about anything.
The Army is full of pro-Bush, pro-U.S. false propoganda. No such things from the Marines. They are all combat.

Is it any wonder that the Army sends it's people to Parris Island to learn how boot camp is supposed to be done?

These jokers have quite a few different boot camps (each housing people going to specific jobs), which is stupid if you ask me.

Plus, reservists are almost always WAY nastier and less disciplined than the regulars. Is it any wonder at all?

posted on May, 22 2004 @ 02:27 PM
link   

Is it any wonder that the Army sends it's people to Parris Island to learn how boot camp is supposed to be done?

These jokers have quite a few different boot camps (each housing people going to specific jobs), which is stupid if you ask me.

Plus, reservists are almost always WAY nastier and less disciplined than the regulars. Is it any wonder at all?

Apparently, Army Basic Combat Training is only an stupid obstacle, and it has no effect whatsoever. It pretty much means nothing, considering how screwed up they end up.

DON'T EVEN START WITH RESERVISTS. This is harsh, but they don't deserve to wear the Army uniform. They complain and complain, when they know full well the prospects of their decision.

The moment they reach combat, it's like they become Detroit criminals. Scary, they are absolutely awful. Aren't the Abu Ghraib soldiers reservists?

[Edited on 22-5-2004 by sweatmonicaIdo]

posted on May, 22 2004 @ 02:32 PM
link   
Don't know about the rest of you, but we should delegate this entire war to the Marines. They have been the only bright spot in what has otherwise been a complete failure. They are the ONLY ones who actually know how fight.

posted on May, 22 2004 @ 03:13 PM
link   

The Reservists around me are a pet peeve of mine. NOBODY complains and whines about this war louder or longer.

I didn't sign up for this BS! On and on....

But they sure cashed those checks all those years. :shk:

posted on May, 22 2004 @ 03:17 PM
link   
YES YES THE MARINES

THE FEW...THE PROUD...THE WE ACCEPT ANYBODY!!!!

F*** THE MARINES SCUM BAGS

posted on May, 22 2004 @ 07:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by RANT
The Reservists around me are a pet peeve of mine. NOBODY complains and whines about this war louder or longer.

I didn't sign up for this BS! On and on....

But they sure cashed those checks all those years. :shk:

What are they complaining about? They can't do a single thing right!

posted on May, 22 2004 @ 07:40 PM
link   
Alot of them thought they had a sweet "weekend warrior" gig that's now turned full time. In the south (and I imagine other places) it's almost a rite of passage. Whole freaking families are in the Reserves.

Granted, a war screws up their lives pretty good, and I feel for them.

BUT shoulda seen this coming. No free lunch when you sign on the dotted line.

posted on May, 22 2004 @ 10:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by RANT
Alot of them thought they had a sweet "weekend warrior" gig that's now turned full time. In the south (and I imagine other places) it's almost a rite of passage. Whole freaking families are in the Reserves.

Granted, a war screws up their lives pretty good, and I feel for them.

BUT shoulda seen this coming. No free lunch when you sign on the dotted line.

Apparently, responsibility does not exist among them.

But yeah, war is a bitch!

posted on May, 22 2004 @ 10:18 PM
link   
A problem is that the Army allows a very liberal lifestyle. Marine Corps Fraternization Policy dictates that Marines can't go clubbing or on dates with other Marines. They even discourage marriage between Marines (without actually preventing it). The Army is 180 in these respects.

What they need to realize is that you can't be a good soldier if you let things get in the way. Normally, I will defend a liberal lifestyle to the death, but the military is different. In the military, you have to be very conservative, because one mistake and it's all over.

So I think the Army lifestyle had a lot to do (while not being the complete cause) of the problems we see among Army soldiers today.

One person even referred to the Army as a "sample" of military, not a true military.

posted on May, 26 2004 @ 01:38 PM
link   
Shame, I pity your army.

new topics

top topics

join