It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

We must act now to save the planet *action required*

page: 13
<< 10  11  12    14  15 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 11 2009 @ 05:58 PM
link   
I'm all for it.
Nuke the evil CO2.
Kill THE basterd with fire, let the napalm rainnnnnnnn!!!!!!

posted on Dec, 11 2009 @ 07:12 PM
link   
I propose that its totally irrelevant to save this planet from us Humans, imagine the small window of existence we have had to influence the Planet negatively and then put it into perspective of how old the Universe is ?

This Planet's existence is but the blinking of an eye to the Universe and in 4 billion years when our Sun goes super nova it wont matter that the Planet had green life on it for a few hundred thousand more years.

In the end this Earth ceases to exist as does its occupants and inhabitants be it sentient life or single celled life.

Live for the now because tomorrow wont matter.

posted on Dec, 11 2009 @ 07:46 PM
link   
reply to post by mazzroth

Yeah, you are right! All that matters is that we become space faring, and find other planets to colonize. The Earth will actually be inside the Sun at some point in the not to overly distant future. Then what will it matter what we did here? If we failed to colonize other planets we would be erased from existence. Nothing will have mattered. The only thing that separates us from other life forms is that we know we will be destroyed. We need to use the Earth's resources to achieve extreme technological advancement, so we can live on.

Oil is produced from within the Earth. The Soviets proved the abiotic oil theory with their white tiger oil field. We need to use oil and gas while better energy sources are researched.

posted on Dec, 11 2009 @ 09:22 PM
link   
do you honestly believe that the human race needs to be star traveling? we are not in control of our own planet, so what gives us the right to try to colonize other 'hospitable' environs? we deserve to be eradicated for what we have done to this earth. every single organism on this planet does what it is bred to do ie, born, feed, fight ,#, breed..only the human race has managed to go 10 steps further.i look to the day when the next step of evolution on this planet happens.we have no given right to do what we are doing at the moment, to this planet but the BIG QUESTION is this..."HOW DID WE MANAGE TO GET WHERE WE ARE?" how the hell did we get from a 1900 8inch television and also radio, to producing weapons of destruction that are able to destroy cities (thankyou very much OPPenheimer)within 50 years.? how did we manage to realize the full potential of the atom whilst experimenting with it without scientists blowing themselves up? how did we discover micro circuitry, nonotech and biotech all in the space of 100 years?Evolution? maybe, but we have been on this earth far longer than 100 years, yet all of a sudden the advances in tech double, triple, quadruple every year. We become tech smarter, but still thick as # when it comes to looking after our own planet. I hope we never get the chance to colonize other planets because human beings will never be Gia, ie in tune with their environment.

posted on Dec, 11 2009 @ 09:30 PM
link   
This thread made ma laugh!

I can't commit Hurry Curry but I'll do my bit by holding my breath for 10 seconds of very minute! If everyone did this, we could cut C02 emmissions by over 10% instantly!

[edit on 11-12-2009 by Flighty]

posted on Dec, 11 2009 @ 09:35 PM
link   
I belly laughed at least 4 times in this thread. OP you are friended.

Simply awesome.

posted on Dec, 11 2009 @ 09:37 PM
link   
[edit on 11-12-2009 by singlethinker]

posted on Dec, 12 2009 @ 02:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by downtown436
reply to post by andrewh7

No, I swear, I am totally sincere. We have to wage a war on CO2!

No, I swear. You're a walking, talking example of neocon arrogance - luckily you're clever enough to amuse your own kind because you certainly aren't intelligent enough to interest someone with a college education. You are probably qualified to host an AM talk radio show.

Glenn Beck is an alcoholic, college dropout and he makes $30 million a year perpetuating ignorance, fear, and hatred. You'd fit in well over at Fox News. Start working on pie charts that add up to more than 100% - get the practice in now. It's unfortunate that a joke thread like this can be passed off as a serious discussion. ATS must set the bar fairly low for you.

[edit on 12-12-2009 by andrewh7]

posted on Dec, 12 2009 @ 02:32 AM
link   
Fight Co2!
Save the planet and kill yourself!
Lift your head up high and blow your brains out for the good of the earth!

posted on Dec, 12 2009 @ 09:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by DrumsRfun
reply to post by downtown436

Ok I nominate you as being the first one to be eradicated.
You seem to be high on some good gasoline for your evil v-8 engine as your sig indicates.

You know what they say about living in glass houses eh?

It's a Firesign Theatre quotation, dude. Sheesh, where's your 70s' experimental stoner radio-theatre knowledge, man?

posted on Dec, 12 2009 @ 09:50 AM
link   
*** you Co2

That sure got me motivated, I took action against the evil Co2 within an instant. I always knew I was right "Co2 is evil and it's man made" tonight is the night a Super Hero is born, that's right folks I am Co2's worst enemy, I am Captain Climate.

Even my Super Hero cloths are made from recycled nappies, I may smell like # but don't let that fool you because I am going to save the planet. Al Gore already has me a Captain Climate Cave in a secret location, from there I can see everything you evil Co2 Breathing scum are up to.

I have special booster rockets made from washing up liquid bottles and a bicycle pump. I am not like that evil Iron man, Meh he has the cheek to call himself a super here, does he know every time he fires up his stupid rockets a baby seal dies, and how much Co2 did he use making that suit "That by the way is no match for Captain Climates suit"

So be warned folks, Captain Climate is here to take care of evil man made Co2 and everything that creates Co2. Captain Climate is always looking for a Super Hero Co2 fighting partner too, one preferable with knowledge of destroying a volcano.

Edit: Just in case anyone questions the things sticking out my neck, they replace my lungs, that's right folks "I don't even breath out Co2" everything that comes out of me goes through at least 10 Co2 Filters. I could take a crap next to a baby seal and it would live another 3 years.

[edit on 12-12-2009 by NotAgain]

posted on Dec, 12 2009 @ 05:08 PM
link   
Uh...

I really really don't get it? Is this guy legit and just really really wrong, or is this whole post just a joke/attempt at getting stars, replies, and flags?

This whole thing is like somebody telling me that humans created water?

Wow... my head hurts, I gotta go.

posted on Dec, 12 2009 @ 07:22 PM
link   
reply to post by andrewh7

Such hatred....sad.

Anyway, the whole thread was amazing. Being able to take the opposite view point, their talking points and going to the extreme was probably the idea from the start. Straw man or not, it highlights the very nature of such arguments for what they are.

These are the very claims that are being shoved down our throats day in and day out. Why can't we have a civil debate about it? Because both sides use the extreme in an attempt to highlight or discredit their adversaries.

Being able to turn the tables and show just how ridiculous such claims are, does two things...as have been shown here: Bring out the people that truly believe this stuff and people that have no sense of humor whatsoever and feel they need to be serious 100% of the time.

Anyway, no flag, but star for the OP. (Nothing personal, but to me its not a flaggable thread...im a greedy right wing bastard when it comes to giving out my flags!)

posted on Dec, 13 2009 @ 05:38 AM
link   
reply to post by downtown436

wtf??? co2 isnt man made.......idiot!

posted on Dec, 13 2009 @ 09:54 AM
link   
reply to post by Silicis n Volvo

Yes it is, and mad made Co2 is evil so evil I cry myself to sleep every night thinking about poor mother earth.

I answer these sort of questions everyday, bottom line "Science does not lie"
it takes time to get this through to people and the longer it takes the more money it cost "THEM"

Do you really think our Government would lie to us, I would not insult your family.

Co2 is real and it's man made, and the only way we are going to save the planet is mass suicide. Once Captain Climate makes sure humans do this safely Captain Climate will get to work on with killing the rest of the Co2 so mother earth can be the rock she once was, look at all the other planets, especially Mars look how peaceful Mars looks isn't it time Earth had a few million years rest.

Anyway I have to leave for a few hours, some eco-terrorist put some Xmas lights up over the road, they will soon take them down when I show their kids some photos of dead kittens.

posted on Dec, 13 2009 @ 10:25 AM
link   
reply to post by NotAgain

lol haha i get u now

posted on Dec, 13 2009 @ 10:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by DINSTAAR
Suicide is an interesting theory, but wouldn't genocide be more effective? I have a deep seated hatred for people on my left. Can I kill them before I kill myself?

Like physically on your left? I'll be sure to stand to your right in that case. Wouldn't wanna be killed while running my EPA anti-C02 torture prison.

posted on Dec, 13 2009 @ 12:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by NotAgain
*** you Co2

Even my Super Hero cloths are made from recycled nappies, I may smell like # but don't let that fool you because I am going to save the planet. Al Gore already has me a Captain Climate Cave in a secret location, from there I can see everything you evil Co2 Breathing scum are up to.

I have special booster rockets made from washing up liquid bottles and a bicycle pump. I am not like that evil Iron man, Meh he has the cheek to call himself a super here, does he know every time he fires up his stupid rockets a baby seal dies, and how much Co2 did he use making that suit "That by the way is no match for Captain Climates suit"

So be warned folks, Captain Climate is here to take care of evil man made Co2 and everything that creates Co2. Captain Climate is always looking for a Super Hero Co2 fighting partner too, one preferable with knowledge of destroying a volcano.

Edit: Just in case anyone questions the things sticking out my neck, they replace my lungs, that's right folks "I don't even breath out Co2" everything that comes out of me goes through at least 10 Co2 Filters. I could take a crap next to a baby seal and it would live another 3 years.

[edit on 12-12-2009 by NotAgain]

YAY!!!!!
You are the best climate champion EVAR!!!!1111
I have HOPE that we will kill co2, now!
But what about the clouds?????
They are the biggest contributer to global warming!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

posted on Dec, 13 2009 @ 12:30 PM
link   
I hate one-line posts!

EXCELSIOR!!!!!!!!

posted on Dec, 13 2009 @ 12:35 PM
link   
No offense but if humans became extinct we would take the planet with us, this is our planet if any one try's to take it from us we would destroy it just so no other life could take it over. Humans greed is to powerful this time of age i fear if aliens do show them self's will kiss there butts for any technology they would give us. Once we got all we wanted we would stab them in the back and enslave them, that's human nature to take over and destroy. We our not positive beings we are stuck in the middle of negative and positive.

top topics

<< 10  11  12    14  15 >>

join