It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why did God create the Dinosaurs?

page: 9
<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 4 2009 @ 11:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by the_denv
LOL!

This is my first visit to the Religion Thread and I seriously can't believe it! LOL

I thought there were whack jobs in the general threads, now I have been proved wrong!

You're just as much a "whack job" as the rest of us...congratulations and welcome to the asylum

posted on Dec, 4 2009 @ 11:21 PM
link   
Why did God create dinosaurs? Because he has a wicked sence of humor?
Truthfully (maybe) it could be anybodys guess and you'd be right/wrong.

posted on Dec, 4 2009 @ 11:23 PM
link   
reply to post by Jim Scott

There you go. Because you're christian it makes you better than me?

Get off your high horse. I've experienced religion first hand so don't talk to me like you know me.

The very least you can do is give evidence of god that isn't intuition or a gut feeling, which shouldn't be that hard considering your god is omnipotent.

As for religion, it feeds of your emotions and makes you dependent to it. They tell you how to think and take your money, but don't cross them because you'll go to hell.

Please that's the definition of mind control.

Because I'm atheist doesn't mean I don't feel or believe in nothing. I just reject the christian god or any other god because I learned I can live without it.

posted on Dec, 4 2009 @ 11:25 PM
link   
Why did God create dinosaurs? Hmmmmmm..........Why do I paint? Because I can. Are all of my paintings perfect? Nope. And I could never have gotten to some of my recent paintings if I hadn't gone through the processes of the earlier paintings.

Unlike God, though, nobody is writing stories that say I am perfect and never change. I feel sorry for God if God never changes and is perfect. Where would the fun in that be? Hmmmmmmmm.......maybe if I was a perfect painter, just maybe I would mix things up, you know, just to keep the critics talking about me. Hey, God, pretty neat how you did this all. Keeps us guessing and keeps us critiquing. Well, some of us. Some of us don't guess at all, we think we know it all. For sure, though, the critics keep on doing what they do. Why? Cuz they can.

[edit on 4-12-2009 by kyred]

posted on Dec, 4 2009 @ 11:30 PM
link   
reply to post by woodwardjnr

It was Lisa and turned out to be an advert for the shopping mall being built!!

Silly pagans !!

posted on Dec, 4 2009 @ 11:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by woodwardjnr
If God created everything, why did he create dinosaurs? I mean all they did was walk round tearing each other up to bits.

We can all agree Dinosaurs existed, so what was their purpose in the big plan?

The same reason why everything else is created? For human purposes. It is written in the Quran, read it once in a while.. It has clear answers to subjective questions.

GOD says everything in this universe is created for humans to interact with. As you can see we are interacting, we are using everything, from atoms to gravity, to friction etc etc. Everything in this universe can be used for our own purposes.

Why dinosaurs you may ask? They say petrol comes from biological beings, that is a lot of energy. We are using it, but at the same time we are fighting over it and killing each other due to it. Dinosaurs helped create this massive wells of underground energy.

posted on Dec, 4 2009 @ 11:51 PM
link   
reply to post by The_Zomar

I'm not a troll, but maybe its because god isn't real. The people that wrote the bible had no clue about dinosaurs so they didn't make a guest appearance on the ark.

You are using one extreme side of an argument to perpetuate another extreme argument.

Do i believe in the Bible 100% as its written? No!

But i also believe in God, in some form or another, my form, how i feel it to be true.

So saying "there were dinosaurs, therefore there can't be God"

is just as stupid as saying "God created the planet 7000 years ago and we walked along side Dinosaurs"

Don't be a messenger of idiocy.

Stand up and deny it.

And to the OP's question:

I really am not sure what plan God would have had for the Dinosaurs. I don't view God as creating everything we see (cars, boats, buildings) but i see God putting forth a plan to lead to the evolution of human beings.

Perhaps what we call dinosaurs was a side effect....or a "bonus" if you will, of that evolution?

I believe God & Science are the same thing.

But i also think that using Dinosaurs to disprove God is completely a cop out argument (not that you said this...i just caught that feeling from your OP)

Asking "Why did God create dinosaurs" in order to disprove God is like asking "Could God create a mountain so big that even God could not move it?"

Neither question has an answer - IF - you believe in God.

Why?

Because God is the creator of what we call Logic. We cannot understand logic any more than circle-boy in 2D land can understand the 3rd dimension.

[edit on 4-12-2009 by Snarf]

posted on Dec, 4 2009 @ 11:56 PM
link   
reply to post by Snarf

true

It just disproves the bible in a way but not god.

I feel most people call it god just to give it a name. The christian god and the "god" I believe in are two different things.

posted on Dec, 5 2009 @ 12:01 AM
link   
reply to post by vjr1113

The funny thing about what you call "christian god"
is that Christ himself never taught the things we find in the bible.

Christ taught to have love in your heart. Christ was basically the Dali Llama or Ghandi - but also (if you believe in God) the "Son of God" because Christ was the earthly presentation of God.

The rest of the garbage in the bible was put there by kings and powerful men...long long long ago...in order to control the idiot masses.

It still works today.

But dont look to the bible for moral references in a literal way.

Look to it in a metaphorical manner:

Love thy neighbor.
Don't cheat
don't steel
be happy with what you have, and don't dwell on what you don't have
help others

etc...

IMO - that is what religion SHOULD be about - and i believe that is what Christ DID teach during his years on this planet.

But what i believe does not coincide with the "Main stream" philosophy behind modern "Christianity'

with this i agree.

but you should not hold Christian extremists against regular Christians (like myself) any more than you should hold suicide bombers against peace loving Muslims.

posted on Dec, 5 2009 @ 12:05 AM
link   

The Bible tells us that God created all of the land animals on the sixth day of creation. As dinosaurs were land animals, they must have been made on this day, alongside Adam and Eve, who were also created on Day Six (Genesis 1:24–31)

Actually, Adam was created early on the third day...Look carefully at Genesis 2:4-9. It says: ..."When God made earth and heaven, when no shrub of the field was yet on the earth and no grasses of the field had yet sprouted because the Lord God had not sent rain upon the earth and there was no man to till the soil, but a flow would well up from the ground and water the whole surface of the earth. The Lord formed man from the dust of the earth, He blew into his nostrils the breath of life, and man became a living being. The Lord God planted a garden in Eden, in the east and placed there the man he had formed...." If you look back at Genesis one to find a time where there were was no vegetation, you will see that at the beginning of Day 3 God made dry earth and afterwards He said ..."Let the earth sprout vegetation"... So man, or Adam was created and placed in a garden greenhouse called Eden, early on day three, then God went about the rest of creation while Adam and the plants and animals he made for the garden florished in their protected garden. The rest of man was created on day 6 with the rest of the animals, as it states in Genesis 1:24-27 ..." Let the earth bring forth every kind of living creature...","... And God created man in his own image, in the image of God He created him; male and female He created them...". In the Genesis 1 account the animals were created first, then men and women, In the Genesis 2 account, God created Adam and then a garden and then the animals. Genesis 2 is an "inside story", the overall story of creation was in Genesis 1 and the detailed story of the creation of the lineage of the Messiah was in Genesis 2. The Messiah's geneology can be traced all the way back to Adam, not "adam" the race of humans but Adam the first man. This is also the answer to who was Cain afraid of when He said "they will kill me" or when he found a wife...Cain was the son of the first man, who was created on the 3rd day, he married from the daughters of "man" who had their beginnings on the 6th day. It answers a bunch of questions, doesn't it?
As far as when and why the dinosaurs came... Job 40:19 (NIV and JPS Hebrew-English Tanach) talks about the Behemoth being the first of God's works, so the dinosaurs including the Behemoth (Brontosaurus...?) and the Leviathan were some of the first of Gods works, they were here shortly after the vegetation arrived and were gone (at least most of them... the leviathan was a sea creature that was seen after man was sailing the seas...) before the 6th day man arrived on the scene. It seems likely to me that the dinosaurs were created to provide for the fossil fuels (the dinosaurs and the dense vegetation) that civilization would need much later in the scheme of things. God knew in the beginning that we would need these things in the end days.

posted on Dec, 5 2009 @ 12:13 AM
link   
reply to post by Jessicaviv

Adam and Eve were created about 6,000 years ago. There is a time lapse between the creation of the earth and the creation of Adam and Eve. Gods time is very different from our time a day to him may translate into 1 billion years to us. Read Genesis very carefully and you will see were I am comming from. Also God tells Adam and Eve to go forth and replenush the earth just like he told Noah and his family too after the flood / this eludes to there being a life form before Adam and Eve. Unless this is a mis-translation. Point is the Bible does not say the earth is 6,000 years old anywhere, we can calculate 6,000 from ADam and Eve to today but not the earth.

posted on Dec, 5 2009 @ 12:18 AM
link   
reply to post by elle.mental

Sixth day. Genesis 1 v 26. It also wasnt Adam and Eve it was just Adam (Man) possibly not the same Adam that was later in Eden either. Eves creation clearly happens during the time of Eden in Ch 2.

However what Snarl said is right, you shouldn't take the bibles word for anything, for one it was never intended to be a fully literal work, even by the jewish belief system. Not to mention the problems regarding the bibles authenticity and earlier religions from which it borrowed.

None of those issues however negate the existance of a supreme creator being of some sort, nor do they negate the very idea of a universal godhead.

[edit on 5-12-2009 by gYvMessanger]

posted on Dec, 5 2009 @ 12:31 AM
link   
Um.. I dunno.. what do you run your car and machines and factories and everything on? Oil? Coal? What creates oil and coal? The majority of both were created during the age of the dinosaurs. All those plants and giant animals dying and being compressed over the eons, formed the massive reservoirs of oil and beds of coal we now have.

They are called fossil fuels for a reason.

So.. perhaps they were the catalyst to put us past the metal ages, and into the future.

[edit on 5-12-2009 by fleabit]

posted on Dec, 5 2009 @ 12:41 AM
link   
God put dinosaurs here to piss off Creationists.

Kinda like the platypus. God likes curve balls.

posted on Dec, 5 2009 @ 12:48 AM
link   
reply to post by JayTaylor

I too visited the fossils in Glenn Rose, Texas (in my teens). Human and dino tracks together, but I heard someone destroyed the human tracks. I haven't been back to see if it's true or not, in the way of some people today, they probably are gone.

I wonder if anyone has pictures of it back then...hmmmm. I'll have to dig out Mother's old albums and see what's there.

posted on Dec, 5 2009 @ 12:50 AM
link   
I'm not too sure about the dinosaur thing, but there is a lot of stuff that has been painstakingly hidden from us. I can only speak of my basic christian/catholic upbringing, but you have the Book of Mary Magdalen, The Book of Judas, The Book of Enoch and I'm sure many others that I am not aware of or remembering. These are Bible versions that have been purposefully hidden from us and omitted from the "official" versions of the Bible. The Book of Enoch speaks of giants and rulers from another planet/dimension. I wonder what else what hidden over the course of time?

posted on Dec, 5 2009 @ 12:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by Melissa101

Adam and Eve were created about 6,000 years ago. There is a time lapse between the creation of the earth and the creation of Adam and Eve. Gods time is very different from our time a day to him may translate into 1 billion years to us. Read Genesis very carefully and you will see were I am comming from. Also God tells Adam and Eve to go forth and replenush the earth just like he told Noah and his family too after the flood / this eludes to there being a life form before Adam and Eve. Unless this is a mis-translation. Point is the Bible does not say the earth is 6,000 years old anywhere, we can calculate 6,000 from ADam and Eve to today but not the earth.

This is what I don't understand. If Moses, or whoever it was that wrote Genesis was inspired by "God" or that "God" spoke through the writer of Genesis, and the definition of a day (see below) is explained, then how and why could someone assume that a day to "God" is anything but a 24 hr. period?

And God called the light Day, and the darkness he called Night. And the evening and the morning were the first DAY.

Especially when the next few verses are using the word DAY, why would anyone
assume a difference in time in a day from one verse to the next?

And God called the firmament Heaven. And the evening and the
the morning were the second DAY.

I know there is another verse in the bible that says one day to "God" is like a thousand , but if that is the case, then why isn't that verse included in the Genesis creation story? That's a pretty important fact, if true.

This thread has a lot of interesting ideas on how dinosaurs came about. I suppose we will never know the truth.

posted on Dec, 5 2009 @ 12:59 AM
link   
Maybe God was just having some fun by creating stupid little creatures that roar, eat, and sleep? Why did he create you.

posted on Dec, 5 2009 @ 01:00 AM
link   
reply to post by Angus123

I've seen many funda-mental-ists claim that fossils are a trick. God put them there to test our faith, lol. And still others think men and dinosaurs co-existed.

You should know more about what you boast.

Stop at 48 secs I believe that is a Giant.

[edit on 5-12-2009 by randyvs]

posted on Dec, 5 2009 @ 01:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by virraszto

Originally posted by Melissa101

This is what I don't understand. If Moses, or whoever it was that wrote Genesis was inspired by "God" or that "God" spoke through the writer of Genesis, and the definition of a day (see below) is explained, then how and why could someone assume that a day to "God" is anything but a 24 hr. period?

And God called the light Day, and the darkness he called Night. And the evening and the morning were the first DAY.

Especially when the next few verses are using the word DAY, why would anyone
assume a difference in time in a day from one verse to the next?

And God called the firmament Heaven. And the evening and the
the morning were the second DAY.

I know there is another verse in the bible that says one day to "God" is like a thousand , but if that is the case, then why isn't that verse included in the Genesis creation story? That's a pretty important fact, if true.

This thread has a lot of interesting ideas on how dinosaurs came about. I suppose we will never know the truth.

Moses wrote Genesis? At least read the book before you bash it.

<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join