It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What do you REGRET learning?

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 2 2009 @ 12:55 PM
link   
I always have been out to gain knowledge and wisdom.
Therefore I don't 'regret' learning anything, but I (thought I) understood everything a couple of years back. It was all so simple. I went to church regularly, I knew what to do to be 'saved' and I knew that the evil PTB were being led by the devil and 'out to get me' (us), the world was going to end and Jesus would come back, bringing with him eternal life and a new peaceful home.
Life was soooo simple. Until a friend asked me about Ezekiel...

Why TF is there a UFO in there? I started crossreferencing, using my concordance and Internet bible search tools, the way any 'good Christian' would. I was hoping to prove Ezekiel a liar or fake. Or brush the 'nonsense' off with the excuse of it being prophetic (although I was already certain, that I couldn't believe that lie). However, the quagmire I was in got worse and worse the more I researched. This unidentified flying object, was all over the Bible....
After thinking and praying (some of you may prefer the word 'meditating' as opposed to 'praying') about it, I came to the conclusion that a lot of reevaluating needed doing.
Weeks and months later I realized I could not speak to my ex (christian) brethren about it, because it could emotionally harm them and give them the same feeling of loss that I had, without helping them in any way.
(Do as ye will as you harm none is a universal law of all religions!)

So, sometimes I actually regret learning about it, there is no going back. 'The steak is unreal'. It's too late. I'm not at home anymore, in the place where they sing and pray to The Almighty God and the heaven people who created us, although I was so comfortable there.

Yes, ignorance is bliss. If the worst that can happen to you is that your football team loses on the weekend and you 'know' that all politicians are liars, 'the missus is a ****' and the boss is out to get you, then OMG your life is heaven!
Would I swap?
Sometimes I'ld like to. Sometimes it would stop the worrying, the anxiety and the helplessness. But the honest answer is:
I want to learn the truth and gain wisdom, it's the only treasure, that no one can steal from me!

And so I'll end this (as always) stupidly long post with:

Love and blessings at all,
Samuel
p.s. I know why my posts are always so long: I used to love preaching

EDIT spelling: spellt Ezekiel Hesekiel.

[edit on 2-12-2009 by Aldolas]

posted on Dec, 2 2009 @ 08:30 PM
link   
reply to post by Aldolas

Pretty powerful post.... Nice work.

I guess there are certain things that you just can't get passed once you learn more about them. You mentioned "Hesekial" but my google searches bring up an african runner, so that can't be who you mean. Can you tell this learning impaired OP who that is please?

posted on Dec, 2 2009 @ 08:38 PM
link   
no regrets....knowledge is wealth and ignorance is poverty

posted on Dec, 2 2009 @ 09:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by andy1033
I am not sure i learned it here. But knowing satanism is real and pagans are just a cult who do not like others

Excuse me?!

As a Pagan I find that ridiculously offensive...I am a Pagan and I love everyone...I know many Pagans who love the world for what it is...

wow...that was so bigoted it hurts me to quote it

-Kyo

posted on Dec, 2 2009 @ 10:26 PM
link   
I always thought years ago we were better people and the corruption and chaos around today was just a symptom of modern times. Finally someone told me the truth. Life in America never was like it was portrayed in the Frank Capra movies. We had no special innocence years ago.

[edit on 2-12-2009 by rusethorcain]

posted on Dec, 2 2009 @ 11:02 PM
link   
I don't regret learning too much, some things have made me sad but I'd rather know than not know.

posted on Dec, 2 2009 @ 11:34 PM
link   
reply to post by Roadblockx

Sorry, spelling mistake. I've just corrected it. I meant the biblical prophet Ezekiel, the one that describes the UFO. I wrote his name the German way(Hesekial).

@ KyoZero: I agree with you. But I couldn't comment, because I don't know enough about either religion to comment on that post.

posted on Dec, 3 2009 @ 10:17 AM
link   
reply to post by Aldolas

I am learning about this guy now. After living in German for a few years, I said the name out loud several times and I thought that was what you meant but I hated to assume. Thanks for the clarification and for giving me something that will eat up some time this afternoon.... Sigh

posted on Dec, 4 2009 @ 04:15 AM
link   
reply to post by Roadblockx

Holy cow, where did you get your avatar - is that a rock or mud ball, geeeeze it is BIG!

I usually love to learn new stuff, however it saddens me to learn about how animals and children are abused.

Really makes me depressed..........is ignorance bliss?

Humans are funny, sometimes good people remain "asleep" because if you acknowledge you know something in order to keep making yourself feel & believe you are a good person you must then take some kind of action in order for you to believe you are still a "good person".

If you deny / turn your back / remain asleep / don't want to know, than you can't blame yourself because you tell yourself, "Well I didn't know" ignorance is giving yourself permission not to be aware of a "evil" being done.

If you are made aware of something negative, than you become either a part of the problem or the solution - If you don't know (or don't want to know) you can't be held accountable.

Each year around Christmas I try to give just a few bucks to the ASPCA. The animals that share this planet with us have no say, no voice.

Read my signature.

Live long & prosper.

[edit on 4-12-2009 by ofhumandescent]

posted on Dec, 4 2009 @ 04:31 AM
link   
reply to post by andy1033

exchristian.net...

•As soon as Christianity became legal in the Roman Empire by imperial edict (315), more and more pagan temples were destroyed by Christian mob. Pagan priests were killed.

•Between 315 and 6th century thousands of pagan believers were slain.

•Examples of destroyed Temples: the Sanctuary of Aesculap in Aegaea, the Temple of Aphrodite in Golgatha, Aphaka in Lebanon, the Heliopolis.

•Christian priests such as Mark of Arethusa or Cyrill of Heliopolis were famous as "temple destroyer." [DA468]

•Pagan services became punishable by death in 356. [DA468]

•Christian Emperor Theodosius (408-450) even had children executed, because they had been playing with remains of pagan statues. [DA469]
According to Christian chroniclers he "followed meticulously all Christian teachings..."

•In 6th century pagans were declared void of all rights.

•In the early fourth century the philosopher Sopatros was executed on demand of Christian authorities. [DA466]

•The world famous female philosopher Hypatia of Alexandria was torn to pieces with glass fragments by a hysterical Christian mob led by a Christian minister named Peter, in a church, in 415.

I think you need to research how many people have been murdered in the name of "Christianity" I strongly suggest you surf on over to the link provided above.

I have experienced many different "faiths" and for the most part, the Pagans were the kindest.

The "Christians" were for the most part hypocritical pompous know it all mean jerks - just my own experience.

Religions, all of them are holding mankind back from his true potential. They were invented to control and manipulate humanity.

We are timeless, limitless consciousness having a physical experience.

In the "beginning" we were all a part of the whole but splintered off, forgetting we were all part of the whole. (like drops of water (us) in the ocean (god).

That longing each of us feels is that wanting to come back to the "whole" the creator force we term "God".

Jesus was a great prophet but so was Mohammad and Buddha.

Jesus never said he was god, he said he was the son of man - a part of the whole like you and I.

Live long & prosper.

Expand your world beyond what you have been spoon fed.

posted on Dec, 4 2009 @ 02:02 PM
link   
and back on topic...
What do I regret learning?

I've been here (reading) for a few years. I don't post much because I have learned that I have a lot to learn! That, I don't regret, knowledge is power. What I regret is that I'll never be intelligent enough to be sure about some of the theories I am starting to believe. An example would be 9/11. I will never understand enough of the physics and chemistry necessary to reach a definite conclusion whether the buildings were brought down with explosives. Thermite, Thermate, etc.... I understand freefall speed, but not how it is affected by inner girding of advanced architectural structures. Since each side of the debate has PhD's, scientists, authorities in their fields, swearing their science is correct I would have to choose which to believe. Which goes back to the who do you trust question...
The same is true of concerns about HAARP, the Haldron Collider, many topics here on ATS.
So I guess I regret knowing that I will never have definitive answers to some things. Another way to phrase it would be: What proof is proof enough?

Sometimes, when I'm exhausted, confused and overwhelmed with information I wish I wasn't 'awake' (as some ppl refer to it). That I could be a happy soccer mom, worried about where to get the best haircut and if I should choose paper or plastic. But after a rest, and after I do some things will help me be prepared if society goes downhill I usually bounce back. In the end, I wouldn't even know to get prepared if I wasn't 'awake', so I can't regret it, at all. But I do get tired...

Thanks for the great thread idea! I rarely post because I'm reading and trying to learn. But this one, I actually felt qualified for!=)

(edited for grammar mistakes you only see after you click post!)

[edit on 12/4/09 by preparanoid]

posted on Dec, 7 2009 @ 02:20 PM
link   
What do I regreat learning? LIES. Since man appeared on this planet he has been feed lies mixed with truth, truths mixed with lies, riddles, parables and sayings. He was never given straight truth for the fact that he could not comprehend it, secondly for the faint chance that he might discover it and parhaps insult it, attempt to courrpt or defy it. And thirdly, because he does not really want to know the truth. It is a bizzare and paradoxial fact that Truth hides itself. One must search for truth. It seldom will just come to you. It does not want to be made public or be seen. It is hidden in the lies. When one studies only what he believes to be truth, he can’t learn from lies. Hidden in the lies of our realities are bits of truth, for none of us can clearly see to the fact that lies have been given to us as truth. In fact we must study both and it is impossible to singly look truth into the face tainted with so many lies. I guess I just regreat learning lies.

posted on Dec, 12 2009 @ 11:19 PM
link   
To tell you the truth, I didn't even know what the NWO was until I started reading this site a few months ago. I wish I didn't learn about that at all, haha, while ignorance is bliss, this knowledge is needed, even though it is just a conspiracy for the time being.

[edit on 12-12-2009 by Cricious]

posted on Dec, 13 2009 @ 04:47 AM
link   
Although I'm saddened by what I know, I don't regret anything I've learned. As other posters wrote, I'd rather know than not know.

I was a mixture of sweet and innocent in my teens as well as jaded by a father who was on the front lines in WWII and came across the first concentration camp and a mother who grew up during pre WWII in Austria. They both saw the ugliness and propaganda and taught me not to believe what I was being taught in school.

Life taught me the rest of the ugliness, deceit, cruel emotional games and all that. In my heart, I am peace, love, and butterflies. In my head, I am sad, not a happy person, always wary but also always able to play the game of social decorum when needed. It makes for a rather lonely existence that I must control.

Would I give up what I know to live the life of peace, love and butterflies? No. In my heart, I live in "Linda Land," and that gives me hope that all of the ugliness of life is a means towards a good end. Maybe that too is part of Linda Land, but without hope for something better for humanity, I have nothing.

I do count my many blessings, as we all should. They are numerous.

posted on Dec, 13 2009 @ 12:39 PM
link   
I regret learning fractal geometry. Although it is very very interesting, it has ruined some simply beauties such as trees. And now whenever I look at something...I look for the fractal pattern in it...kind of a bummer

posted on Dec, 13 2009 @ 02:39 PM
link   
that my lover faking that playboy bunnyhore, while I'm studying here

posted on Dec, 13 2009 @ 05:20 PM
link   
I regret Learning the depth of hidden Racism there was around, Absolutely shocked and disgusted I was at some of things I had read , some people openly talking about the hatred they feel for different ethnic minorities.

There was a short period there where it was almost open warfare, until SO and the staff stepped in to knock it on the head, and back into the closet it went.

It almost IMO got to be our very own ATS WW1.

All better now though

[edit on 13/12/2009 by azzllin]

posted on Dec, 14 2009 @ 01:02 AM
link   
It upset me to learn some of my childhood idols are frauds - mainly John Glenn. I read a lot about moon landing theories and realizing he was another fake upset me. I still teeter on whether or not the moon landings were real, but it's just something I wish I never read. Being so interested in space as a kid, reading some things just bums me out.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join