It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Second blast at train crash site targeted investigators

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 1 2009 @ 08:32 AM
link   

Second blast at train crash site targeted investigators

en.rian.ru

A second blast at the site of the terrorist attack on the Nevsky Express train was targeted at a group of investigators

Three cars of the Nevsky Express high-speed train from Moscow to St. Petersburg derailed Friday evening after an explosive device equivalent to 7 kg (15 lbs) of TNT detonated on the railroad tracks. A second, weaker bomb exploded on Saturday at 2:00 p.m. (11:00 GMT) at the site of the attack.

According to the latest information, 26 people were killed and more than 90 inju
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Dec, 1 2009 @ 08:32 AM
link   
For those that don't know
a few days ago was the first train attack with the chairman of the russian federal reserve in it.

mong the dead are Boris Yevstratikov, the head of the Russian State Reserves Agency, and Sergei Tarasov, a former senator from St. Petersburg, reports said.
news.xinhuanet.com...

Just thought some people might be interested in this.

en.rian.ru
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Dec, 1 2009 @ 09:27 AM
link   
while this is a nasty attack i gotta say, in terms of strategic planning, the second bomb is brilliance.

they tactically removed their main target, then what, a COUPLE of days later, a secondary explosion makes it impossible to carry out a decent investigation...

either it was an unexploded part if the first blast OR ... and this is not such a long shot looking at the profile of the target, ...

they DELIBERATLY had the secondary explosion to help cover thier trail.

tactical brilliance. any one want to pick a 3 letter agency?

posted on Dec, 1 2009 @ 09:31 AM
link   
Im not saying they were involved but that's an old SAS trick. They used it when blowing up pipelines and communication lines in the Gulf War / Desert Storm.

[edit on 1-12-2009 by VitalOverdose]

posted on Dec, 1 2009 @ 10:36 AM
link   
This tactic has been used by the Taliban/Al Queda in Afghanistan and Iraq for a few years now.

I remember seeing a story about, I think it was a Marine, that jumped down in a hole to disarm a bomb that went off or something along those line, but anyway as he was digging out around the bomb he found a wire between his legs and the extremist set it off while he was in the hole.

Just saying, I doubt it was the CIA or anybody like that.

posted on Dec, 1 2009 @ 10:39 AM
link   
reply to post by Hastobemoretolife

This tactic has been used by the Taliban/Al Queda in Afghanistan and Iraq for a few years now

Yes Ive notice that to. Ive got several bits of video from Iraq where secondary bombs have gone off after the army have turned up to investigate the first blast. Its quite terrifying.

Ive seen video of the blast that broke the track in Russia and it looks like it was done with a shaped charge. It seems a bit odd that the second blast was smaller than the first though. 15lbs isnt a massive amount of explosives (but certainly enough to break a train track if used in a shaped charge).

[edit on 1-12-2009 by VitalOverdose]

posted on Dec, 1 2009 @ 10:42 AM
link   
reply to post by Hastobemoretolife

Why would Al Qaida/Taliban(former CIA) want to kill the Chairman of the Russian Federal Reserve?

Sorry, there's absolutely no motive for them to be involved here.

posted on Dec, 1 2009 @ 10:43 AM
link   
Reserve chairman on board, 2 bombs go off, one a few days ago, and then the second one a few days late..

So let me get this straight. w/e bomb blew the first time took out its initial target, and THEN a few days later, bomb number 2 went off, ruining any possibility of an investigation.

I smell a hit...

First questions i would ask...

who benefits from this guy dying?

being a fed chairman, makes me think that someone didint like his policies, and i dont think it was Joe Russian either. i think this was a tactical hit by a 3 letter agency, mentioned above.

posted on Dec, 2 2009 @ 08:55 AM
link   
there are alot of 3 letter agencies in the world...

any one of them could have thier own reasons to hit this target.

in not blaming any one of them specifically. it could be any of them. however it seems a bit to "pro" to be al's qaida/terrorists.

having read thier handbook i can say they are tactically retarded. thugs training at best. hardly up to shaped charges and secondary time delayed blasts.

they are more like "fire an ak form the back of a moving motorbike at a hotel"
i am sure however the russians will blame chechnyan rebels.

new topics

top topics

join