It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Leggo My Eggo! The Impending Waffle Shortage!

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 28 2009 @ 12:19 PM
link   
Yup, you read that right.

The toasted treat won't be widely available until mid-2010. Who's to blame?

In a tizzy over news that Eggo waffles will be in short supply nationwide through mid-2010, lazy breakfasters have begun hoarding and protesting. "What will America run on?" says Hamilton Nolan at Gawker. "America doesn't run on Dunkin...To remove Eggos from our morning routine...threatens the American Morning." (Watch a local report about customers dealing with an Eggo shortage.) Kelloggs cites factory difficulties to explain the sudden dearth of toaster-ready waffles, but conspiracy theories abound. What's behind the shortage?

Global Warming:

Pestilence:

Corporate Ineptitude:

Corporate Greed:

Leggo My Eggo!

[edit on 28-11-2009 by loam]

posted on Nov, 28 2009 @ 12:22 PM
link   
Aww man!

I live on 2 eggos a morning and some coffee! This is going to really suck.

Looks like I'm going to buy as much as I can to survive!

posted on Nov, 28 2009 @ 12:23 PM
link   
I haven't a clue why there's a shortage, but the guy who said this threatens the American morning...

Why not make your own waffles, if it's so important to you?! Are we really that lazy? I personally prefer rolled oats, honey, and cinnamon in the morning.

posted on Nov, 28 2009 @ 12:25 PM
link   
Oh, dear. Is this what the world has been reduced to?

It seems that lazy breakfasters will have to make do with either frozen pancakes or dry boxed cereal.

posted on Nov, 28 2009 @ 12:26 PM
link   
This seems surreal. I saw some news reports about this. I can't believe people are so freaked out about this. Seriously, make your own, they are healthier for you that way anyway.

posted on Nov, 28 2009 @ 12:39 PM
link   
reply to post by Lexxica

Originally posted by Lexxica
...make your own...

Make your own?????

We can do that????

posted on Nov, 28 2009 @ 12:51 PM
link   
Pancakes have been quietly waiting for this opportunity to make they're come back.

On a serious note, besides signaling possible food shortages (quit scary) is this really a big deal?

just buy a waffle iron. haha.

[edit on 11/28/2009 by Alaskan Man]

posted on Nov, 28 2009 @ 01:37 PM
link   
I think we ought to remember that a "shortage" also creates demand. Once something is thought of as scarce everybody has to rush out and get as much of it as they can

Maybe there was really a flood in one of their plants and maybe they do have equipment issues at another one , but it also could just be a move to increase sales of the product.

I tried em a time or two and they are too small and tough like cardboard. I think they just plain cost too much for what ya get. Aint gonna bother me a bit. Hope all the eggo heads out there can make do and survive

edit:spelling

[edit on 28-11-2009 by savagediver]

[edit on 28-11-2009 by savagediver]

posted on Nov, 28 2009 @ 01:49 PM
link   
Well if you are like me and have hypoglycemia, your blood sugar is probably to low in the morning to fix real waffles with out passing out. I know that I have to eat first thing when I get out of bed or else I am to weak and dizzy to eat. So I guess I can understand, but why not fix a quick bowl of instant oatmeal or have a banana while your are waiting for your eggs to fry?

posted on Nov, 28 2009 @ 01:56 PM
link   
Mountain Dew and Twinkies.

Because breakfast is your most important meal.

posted on Nov, 28 2009 @ 01:56 PM
link   
Bagels and Coffee! It's quick and easy and NO shortages!

Seriously though, I can't believe this is a problem. Carbs. for breakfast probably isn't the healthiest way to eat anyway, but not to mention if it's the frozen toast-it waffles.
Personally, I dislike most "breakfast" style foods so I often have soup in the morning.
Very nice in the winter; warm and quick and can take it to go...

[edit on 28-11-2009 by LadySkadi]

posted on Nov, 28 2009 @ 02:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by LadySkadi
Bagels and Coffee! It's quick and easy and NO shortages!

Seriously though, I can't believe this is a problem. Carbs. for breakfast probably isn't the healthiest way to eat anyway, but not to mention if it's the frozen toast-it waffles.
Personally, I dislike most "breakfast" style foods so I often have soup in the morning.
Very nice in the winter; warm and quick and can take it to go...

[edit on 28-11-2009 by LadySkadi]

Carbs are important.. of course not only carbs.. Balanced breakfast does well. I need carbs in my diet or else I find myself with a lot less energy when I go and exercise.

posted on Nov, 28 2009 @ 02:24 PM
link   
I've been boycotting waffles since they stopped making/carrying the square ones anyway. I don't like round waffles. They don't fit in the toaster too well and they're hard to cut into neat little squares. They all seem to be round now, and I blame Eggos, which never tasted that good to me anyway...Aunt Jemima and that other brand (when they had square ones) were much better. It's the little things in life.

posted on Nov, 28 2009 @ 04:41 PM
link   
i hope this is not true...
i do not eat eggos in the morning, but as a before bed snack...

eggos smothered in butter and syrup = zzz

posted on Nov, 28 2009 @ 04:51 PM
link   
reply to post by savagediver

reply to post by baphomet420

I think this is one of the most important threads EVER!

In fact, I'm shocked it doesn't have more stars and flags!!!

I demand congressional investigations!

Is this HYPE and FICTION, or are we really Eggo-less!?!

reply to post by ~Lucidity

Ever see the minis?

Dumb, dumb idea....

[edit on 28-11-2009 by loam]

posted on Nov, 28 2009 @ 05:16 PM
link   
OK all you silly Americans - Calm down!...

I have the answer, you take 2 buttered pieces of bread and you can either place 2 or 3 rashers of bacon between them, or a fried egg or 2 (yolk must be runny)... Bit of salt and pepper if desired and why not go nuts with some brown sauce.

Add to that one mug of strong tea with full fat milk and 2 sugars and your done.

posted on Nov, 28 2009 @ 05:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by loam

Leggo My Eggo!

No, you Leggo My Ego!

posted on Nov, 28 2009 @ 05:20 PM
link   
Thank god!

No one needs that poison

posted on Nov, 28 2009 @ 05:23 PM
link   
What's next? Dogs and cats living together??? Mass hysteria!!

posted on Nov, 28 2009 @ 05:25 PM
link   
reply to post by loam

Btw, in case of waffle shortage, here's a healthy all American alternative:

top topics

<<   2 >>

join