It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Abstinence and the development of intuitive gifts

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 4 2009 @ 12:55 PM
link   
Just a friendly reminder.

We are spiritual beings having a physical experience.

I don't recall anyone taking their physical body with them after death.

posted on Dec, 4 2009 @ 01:09 PM
link   

Well I must admit I lasted exactly one week! Interestingly, what ended it is that I got laid for the first time in nearly two years. I have still not masturbated since I started, and plan on never doing it again. Going without for a certain amount of time increased my testosterone, focus, drive, etc..I became a magnet for certain types of girls.

Good on you! Masturbation depletes zinc and according to some researches male orgasm triggers the stress system.
I guess sublimination is the key, transforming that sex energy into some higher vibration not into semen, but without the right training one can easily fall victim to the perverted priest syndrome, those who only suppress and have not the slightest idea of inner alchemy.

I first discovered this when I was a teenager and fell in love for the first time. Out of "respect" for the girl I stopped masturbating and tada, unlimited energy. At first I thought this was because of being in love, a bit later on, after some research and practice, I realized otherwise.

posted on Dec, 4 2009 @ 01:14 PM
link   
reply to post by FireBalls

Thanks man. I naturally sublimate, so quitting masturbation gives me much more ability in that respect. I have a blood disorder (pyroluria) that causes a severe deficiency in b6 and zinc. Pretty sure I was forced to sublimate from birth. I often was under so much stress, that I'd spend hours in a closet, crouched in a ball, meditating and gathering universal essence.

posted on Dec, 6 2009 @ 02:19 AM
link   
reply to post by Realtruth

Sorry, don't have the same perspective. We are one with the cosmos. All root from the big bang. A point in singularity, that comes from nothingness! Beyond this, I see no reason whatsoever to think that individual consciousness continues on after physical death.

You are free to believe in this, call it a knowing if you must, but I choose not to believe. It works very well for me, personally. I hope this opposing view doesn't disturb you.

posted on Dec, 6 2009 @ 02:33 AM
link   
Why would anyone want to give up sex, its so natural and beautiful. Unless your single and are talking about playing it solo, then it might not be too bad of an experiment to try.

However it is fact that orgasm's relieve stress and release endorphins and such.

It tends to wear you out though, if you do it a little too much, ... I suppose you lose a little lifeforce in effort to create new life.

posted on Dec, 6 2009 @ 03:48 AM
link   
reply to post by IntastellaBurst

Well that's an easy one! It's energy consuming. Not only physically, & emotionally, but in time as well. Sperm is nutrient dense. If you ejaculate too frequently, it depletes your body of zinc and lecithin. It will also decrease testosterone and raise DHT levels. That is the main cause of hair loss.

Another reason is to sublimate the energy. This produces genius, & mystical states.

Their are many reasons. While it may seem to most as being negative (and it could very well be for most) , it's a means to growth and success (for others) .

I think the key distinction is that what I aim for is increased sublimation, not repression.

[edit on 6-12-2009 by unityemissions]

posted on Dec, 12 2009 @ 09:44 PM
link   
These saints sufi and shamans I alluded to start with that, then they msy advance to longer periods. Indian schools alwas say you should never force holding on. I experienced the opposite. When after prolonged periods I returnde I was odd and upset for no reason for a day. I guess tantrik sex would be the way to me finally. I was not healthy for a few years and my relationship was problematic, so it was rarely an enjoyable expreience. But I remember great things earlier with the same partner.

Got you u2u, you need to give the hour and minute too and I wll get back. There are periods in life when it is good, others when it is a delusion.

posted on Feb, 7 2010 @ 08:46 PM
link   
To go into a relationship without an End in mind is the most One could/ should expect of one's self. It should move at it's own pace, naturally. This way, one won't be disappointed and are less likely.....to disappoint.

To never take from another that which the other is not free-willed to give.
To take from another, is to take from yourself.
Whether one feels remorse or not for a bad choice, they will 'experience' regret and it's 'relative' pain.

One should allow one self the liberty to Love as many as necessary.....
.....till one has found a prospect in another.
Mine the heart with the feather of an ostrich and guard it with eye of an Eagle.

Most have only so many 'gifts' to offer another and vice-versa.
Open with care and touch in the appropriate degree.
When the gifts run out, one yearns to go hunting.....
.....for contentment.

Intuitive improvisation is usually Right when applied with the filter of sentience.
Compliment within Reason though silence is conducive to touch.
Touch with the stroke of a feather and love like the cat You are.

Don't act; Be.
.....or Bee not.

To acknowledge and respect the positive traits of another is beneficial.
To know 'when' to be a freind, acquaintance and/or neighbor unto another.

To connect with telepathic 'intent'.
It feels real because it is most often is.

The battle is often found within and 'felt' without.
Touch more, talk less.

To Realize that the more 'folks' one meets, the more opportunities one has.
The less folks one is intimate with, the less one will have to seek.

You're in the flow when you Glow.
She's in the glow when you flow.
You'll be back.

Some relationships are designed to be short term.
Some are designed to be long term.
It is important to distinguish between the two.
though both can compliment your development.

Pay attention.
Listen more; talk less.
Why think when you could connect.

Never expect more than you deserve.
You will get what you deserve whether you want it or not.
Know who You are and where you are 'headed'.
This is appreciated.

Whether one is aware or unaware of their surroundings, the environment will not cater to your will. You Create your environment. Create with care.

Don't be afraid to love yourself for all your shortcomings.
It will make it easier to oblige your partner.
Truth hurts or helps.
Your choice.

Why give up prematurely.
It's not 'natural'.

Seek and you Will find what you are looking for.
Look and Feel your way.....magnetically.
Works for me.
But that's Me.

Your you.
Be you.

Communicate.

If the above does not ring for you, it was not meant to.
If it does, it does.

As 'I' know it.
Works for me.

A man 'can' separate sex from love quite easily.
I wouldn't advise it.
The act itself is part of the 'experience'.
Make it count.

Love before dishonor.
Don't forget to seal the deal.
Timing is everything.....

~Respect~

For what it's worth.

[edit on 7-2-2010 by Perseus Apex]

posted on Mar, 12 2010 @ 07:47 PM
link   
Came across this thread and starting today I'm going to cut back on the masturbation and see if I notice any positive side effects. I'll start at once a week and see how it goes.

posted on Apr, 19 2010 @ 11:57 AM
link   
I'm giving it yet another go. Day four now. This morning I noticed a LOT of sexual tension, so I remembered upon a technique to transmute this energy. I'm not commiting yet to say that there's energy vorticies, and spiritual energy or whatnot, but this technique classifies it as such, and boy does it work! I highl recommend anyone entering celibacy to use this whenever they feel that their energies are out of whak.

The Sixth Rite

posted on Apr, 23 2010 @ 11:46 PM
link   
reply to post by unityemissions

Over a week now and there's no pressure whatsoever anymore.

I came to a point where I realized that this was mostly mental, and I was beter than being a slave to my emotions and instincts.

My intuitions supercede the desires for copulation.

Changes include increased phermone & hormone production, increased sense of humor, increased creativity, increased intuition, increased mental and physical stamina, increased focus, and higher self-esteem!

I'm not kidding.

Pretty sure it effects everyone differently, but in my case, this is the way to go.

Peace.

posted on Apr, 24 2010 @ 12:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by unityemissions

Changes include increased phermone & hormone production, increased sense of humor, increased creativity, increased intuition, increased mental and physical stamina, increased focus, and higher self-esteem!

I'm not kidding.

I congratulate you Sir. I haven't been ill in maybe 5-6 years now. Everybody else gets flu, stomach things, diarrhea, headaches, the usuals. I don't. It all begun when I started doing yoga.

I do however have to do constant strength exercises because of all my floating in space and relaxation my muscles tend to wither

So I have to lift some weights, do pushups etc. Nothing too heavy, but just to keep up the normal state. I don't really enjoy it that much, but it's necessary.

posted on Apr, 24 2010 @ 12:14 AM
link   
My thought is if you are going to be sexually abstinent, maybe think about eating somewhat less & perhaps apply a certain scrupulous constraint on indulgences for the most part.

My few memories of sexual restraint is that it left me in a pretty strange thought process. I got Agoraphobic around that time too. Could be associated with that. Not that you probably want to be a nympho either.

Try not to hang it all on that one thing, as though it is a panacea. Explore it sort of, but keep ready to retrieve yourself back from it too. Try other areas of behavior modification & stay open the notion of kind of not over controlling anything & just living kind of loose & organically.

To me life is like you explore your way through it, & try to avoid getting too crazy in any particular direction with the possible exception if you have some constructive/creative passion.

posted on Apr, 24 2010 @ 12:20 AM
link   
reply to post by Tryptych

The sixth rite that is posted above is a yoga technique. I did that for two days, and after each time I'm not kidding you, the energy went right up the torso and out the top of my head into my immediate surroundings. Now the link is established, and there's no more tension. Pretty sure the advanced progression has to do with the fact that I naturally meditated alone, in complete darness, stillness, and silence as a child for hours at a time day after day.

Glad you seem to be quite well.

Thanks for the reply.

Peace.

posted on Apr, 24 2010 @ 12:25 AM
link   
reply to post by slank

I've been agrophobic before, and have tried various diets including vegetarian. It's not for me. My genetic/blood type requires high protein. It's not an issues though. The sexual tension is just gone now. When you're ready, it's easy to give up.

This go around is quite expanding in awareness and the opposite mindset of being agrophobic. I understand how that can happen. It's when your energy is blocked at a level. Probably the heart level. Once you're ready, your energy will run down your spine, into the ground, and back up through the torso and out the top of your head. I can feel it now. Wind has turned into water. My belly is filled with fire.

Thanks for the reply.

Peace.

posted on Apr, 24 2010 @ 09:36 PM
link   
I have noticed before in my life that when I'm abstinent, my dreams are more vivid and I tend to remember them. There has been long stretches where I have had no dreams, due to the most obvious reason.

posted on Jul, 12 2010 @ 09:12 PM
link   
Well I'm doing yet another round. No need for the sixth rite this time. Each time I do this it gets easier and easier! I'm on day 9 now. It's an incredible feeling to say the least. I'm not sure if it's simply hormonal balance or what. I have been doing what I see to be as energy work. I feel my belly fill with fire, then pull it up into my heart, and I usually get such a rush that my sight nearly turns solid white with blissful light. An incredible experience. I have to cut it out if I'm in public, because the increase in energy becomes too noticeable, and some people freak a little bit.

I've figured out that what my problem was these last times was not truly committing in thought. I still have sexual notions that arise from time to time, but I simply let them pass as fleeting thoughts instead of allowing them to build. If they build, I go hard and then there's serious problems! So I learned to not get to that point, and to express my sexuality towards myself and nature. I can't really begin to describe how my perception has changed .. I do this touchscreen game at the local bar. One of them is this game called tai-play. I've probably got the highest score in the state, but now I've topped my best recently, and the speed is ... freaking amazing using both hands. I feel as if my feelings alone are moving my hands .. very difficult to properly describe. When I see the trees, or the birds, or the sky .. it's different. A greater quality of harmony is experienced, and I .. feel .. everything!

I feel as if my feminine side is fully free to integrate into my psyche. I'm not gay or anything. I see a previous poster alluded to that.
Nope, I've always been attracted to females, but now it's as if my whole self is free to play and interact with nature and society. As if I'm born again.

Well, I hope this thread may help someone. If you're struggling with depression, or any other emotional/psychological issues, you may want to try this out. Just be easy on yourself, and if you have to release, do it. It's much worse to hold it in if you've started the sexual looping process and aren't able to sublimate properly.

Peace.

posted on Jul, 12 2010 @ 09:25 PM
link   
reply to post by Realtruth

that is one of my favorite quotes " we are spiritual beings having a human experience"

and to the OP, good luck with all this! I would love to learn to be more spiritual and intuitive, but i'm not ready to give up my vices quite yet.

posted on Jul, 12 2010 @ 09:41 PM
link   
I hate to sound full of myself, but I have turned down girls a few times because I couldn't stand talking to them or generally liked their personality. Personally I think I am soemwhat awake spiritually and for me it is pretty easy to overcome the lust. I'm also only 18 so I got awhile to think about this one in depth.

posted on Jul, 12 2010 @ 09:44 PM
link   
reply to post by America?

But do you masturbate?

It's a whole new level giving that up, man.

Eh, I've turned down dozens of women over the years because there wasn't much there. This has little to do with spirituality, imo.

<< 1    3 >>

join