It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Hatred for Christians

page: 9
<< 6  7  8    10  11 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 6 2009 @ 08:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by truthtothemasses
I feel sorry for people that have to turn to christianity to sort their life out. I see these people like I see people that have an IQ of 80. Borderline retarded.

...and this may be what the OP is talking about.

Is it ok to insult people or groups you feel sorry for?

Would it be ok to call someone mentally challenged "retarded" to their face or in front of their friends / faimly or others?

If someone is just plain unattractive and can't find a mate - is it ok to say to them, "I'm sorry you are so ugly that you will be alone forever."?

If the answer to the above is "no" then why is it ok if you do it with people of any religion?

posted on Dec, 6 2009 @ 11:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by Frogs

I feel sorry for people that have to turn to christianity to sort their life out. I see these people like I see people that have an IQ of 80. Borderline retarded.

Would it be ok to call someone mentally challenged "retarded" to their face or in front of their friends / faimly or others?

If someone is just plain unattractive and can't find a mate - is it ok to say to them, "I'm sorry you are so ugly that you will be alone forever."?

If the answer to the above is "no" then why is it ok if you do it with people of any religion?

Because these "retards" have been completely mucking up this world for about 1700 years now. If said retards weren't trying to control every single aspect of everyone's lives, I wouldn't have a problem with the retards.

posted on Dec, 6 2009 @ 11:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by Frogs

Because these "retards" have been completely mucking up this world for about 1700 years now. If said retards weren't trying to control every single aspect of everyone's lives, I wouldn't have a problem with the retards.

I'm sure theres another word you can use for us.
This one really makes me uncomfortable.

posted on Dec, 6 2009 @ 11:33 AM
link   

Why are you hating on the disabled for? If you have a problem with religion you are entitled to express that.. but insulting the disabled to make a point is also "mucking up this world" by spreading bigotry.

posted on Dec, 6 2009 @ 11:40 AM
link   
reply to post by oliveoil

Just calling it like it is.

You guys are "challenged" individuals much like retarded people are challenged because they are very slow to learn what we "normal" people see as simple concepts. Retardation is usually diagnosed at a very early age where people who have "devoted themselves to christ" or become a "born again christian" usually happens in adulthood. The irony is that these so called adults aren't dedicating themselves to this christ at all. 99.99999999% of these "christians have no idea of this concept of christ.

posted on Dec, 6 2009 @ 11:48 AM
link   
reply to post by truthtothemasses

You guys are "challenged" individuals much like retarded people are challenged because they are very slow to learn what we "normal" people see as simple concepts. Retardation is usually diagnosed at a very early age where people who have "devoted themselves to christ" or become a "born again christian" usually happens in adulthood. The irony is that these so called adults aren't dedicating themselves to this christ at all. 99.99999999% of these "christians have no idea of this concept of christ.

Well that's a hell of place to stop. Right when the overbearing, arrogant,
love of your self was becoming intolerable. When did we start having cliff
hangers on ATS? Please save it. There is absolutly nothing normal about
you and you know it better than anyone.

[edit on 6-12-2009 by randyvs]

posted on Dec, 6 2009 @ 11:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by subfab

the crusades killed millions of people. particularly muslims, but anyone who didn't agree with their doctrine met horrible fates.

Well, the muslims returned the "favor" with the expansion of the Ottoman Empire, and continue to do so to this day, although today they conquer with political correctness and demographics instead of the sword.

Originally posted by subfab
the same thing can be said about all religions. muslim, judaism, christianity, catholic, scientology, buddhist, heck you name the religion and we can find an atrocity associated with it.

Buddhism is not a religion and although people make it into one, there are no atrocities associated with it. In the whole of Buddhism there is no reward for killing for Emptiness; there is no Buddhist battle cry.
Nowadays there are reports that some buddhist take drastic measures against Christian missionaries in Asia but this is a response to what they perceive as an invasion. They are wrong in their reaction, however, from buddhist point of view.

Jainism is a religion and there are no atrocities associated with it.

I do think that religions are a symptom of a condition of the human mind, the condition of not knowing, so the religions are filling the void. However, the harm it does to the majority of humans, especially in the 21st century far outweighs the few benefits religion may have on some people.

[edit on 6-12-2009 by tungus]

posted on Dec, 6 2009 @ 12:14 PM
link   

reply to post by oliveoil

Just calling it like it is.

This is a class A exhibit of that which I described. Fear of that which you don't understand.
I do not understand the appeal of any religion. However I do respect the rights of others to make that choice.
There are only two things that "retard" human development. Fear and ignorance.
Try not to be a flag bearer for either and I think you'll find your life more satisfying.

Edited to add:
This true for both sides of the "fence" incidentally. Fanatical devotion to any idea, without the capacity to question, is bad.

[edit on 6-12-2009 by EdCase512]

posted on Dec, 6 2009 @ 12:50 PM
link   

Well I guess its better to be retarded, then it is to be ignorant. At least we know no better.

I will pray for you.

posted on Dec, 6 2009 @ 01:47 PM
link   

Well, you're a brave boy sat behind your keyboard calling me retarded.
How old are you? 12

posted on Dec, 7 2009 @ 12:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by oliveoil

Well I guess its better to be retarded, then it is to be ignorant. At least we know no better.

I will pray for you.

Maybe the term used by truthtothemasses isn't the best choise to describe otherwise intelligent people who make decisions based on a slightly more sophisticated version of the Santa Claus syndrome, it fades in comparison to the empty moral superiority that oozes from the phrase "I will pray for you."

If you really want to do me a favor, please don't pray for me. Or at least don't tell me that you will. If you are sincere you will pray for me in silence, but then again how would the world or your god know how religious you are.

The last thing I want is to end up in the same heaven with people like that. What a punishment!

posted on Dec, 7 2009 @ 05:25 AM
link   
reply to post by tungus

Maybe the term used by truthtothemasses isn't the best choise to describe otherwise intelligent people who make decisions based on a slightly more sophisticated version of the Santa Claus syndrome, it fades in comparison to the empty moral superiority that oozes from the phrase "I will pray for you."

If you really want to do me a favor, please don't pray for me. Or at least don't tell me that you will. If you are sincere you will pray for me in silence, but then again how would the world or your god know how religious you are.

The last thing I want is to end up in the same heaven with people like that. What a punishment!

I see your point with regards to praying... but please remember...

You get good and bad people everywhere... Some people, who call themselves Christians, will see a starving man in the street and pray for him when they get home.

A truly great Christian will take that man home with them... feed him, give him a bed to sleep in, and help him get back on his feet!!

Regardless of what some Christians claim... praying alone will not feed a man!!!

Whenever I see a homeless person I will give them money or food, when I have had time I will stop for a chat and yes... I will pray for them when I get home... I have learnt so much talking to homeless people.

Some people believe that when a man is starving it is Gods way of testing that man.

I believe the test is on YOU! What can YOU actually do for that man?? Will you give him money, shelter or food?? Or will you creep off home and say a little prayer just to help you sleep a bit easier??

I believe that at the end of times I will not be judged merely on the content of my heart... but the action i have taken when following my heart. No point just feeling sorry for someone when you are in a position to help them.

Do not confuse Christians with the masses of people who go to church in the hope of getting eternal life and then go and judge and hate everyone who does not have the same ideals as themselves.
They are just selfish people and you will find these people in all sections of society.

Do I think I am the perfect Christian?? Not by a long shot... I sin every day... But I try!!!!

posted on Dec, 7 2009 @ 09:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by Muckster

Some people believe that when a man is starving it is Gods way of testing that man.

I believe the test is on YOU! What can YOU actually do for that man?? Will you give him money, shelter or food?? Or will you creep off home and say a little prayer just to help you sleep a bit easier??

In the past I have given money and food to homeless people and there have been many more times when I have refused to give.

The issue lies not so much with the homeless but with the god who's testing me. If an all knowing god doesn't already know my character and needs to test me, I am telling you right now, I am boycotting the test. I do not need his praise or his judgment. I have a moral issue with a deity who puts some people through suffering so he can test them or to test others.The story of Job is a perfect example of what I am talking about.

Would you torture a cat just to see people's reaction or to test the cat if it still loves you after you have been mean to it? And even if you had to do that in the past, after a few thousand years wouldn't you able to kinda predict the outcome?

I have no use for such god nor his tests.

[edit on 7-12-2009 by tungus]

posted on Dec, 7 2009 @ 10:04 AM
link   
reply to post by tungus

The issue I have is with a god testing me. If an all knowing god doesn't already know my character and needs to test me, I am telling you right now, I am boycotting the test.

Your looking at it all wrong.

The thing you should realize is that God is an all knowing God, But humans on the other hand are not.

God gives Humans free will.When God tests You it is for you to realize and make a decision.God is only letting you use that free will to decide.
He is helping you.

posted on Dec, 7 2009 @ 10:21 AM
link   

reply to post by tungus

The issue I have is with a god testing me. If an all knowing god doesn't already know my character and needs to test me, I am telling you right now, I am boycotting the test.

Your looking at it all wrong.

The thing you should realize is that God is an all knowing God, But humans on the other hand are not.

I have an issue with that too. If I was creating humans I would make them to be equal to me in all respects including all knowing, that way they would see the future and immediately know the effects of their actions. That way no one will commit a horrible act, no one has to suffer that act while is being committed, the doer doesn't have to suffer the consequences and I don't have to judge anyone with diminished intellect for committing a horrible act. Of course, I wouldn't create anyone with diminished capacities in the first place, but that's another topic.

God gives Humans free will.

Again, free will without matching clairvoyance is like handing a gun to a four year old and then sending him to life in prison after he shoots bunch of people.

When God tests You it is for you to realize and make a decision.

Or he could have just given me and everyone else the clairvoyance he has and negate the need for tests with the associated horrible sufferings. That is, if he wanted us not to suffer.

[edit on 7-12-2009 by tungus]

posted on Dec, 7 2009 @ 10:32 AM
link   
as to why people always cry christianity vs atheism beats me,

seams to me christians are egocentric if anything ,
and besides if you want to use the "term" correctly its contra-theism
your talking about that is directed towards christianity,
any right minded atheist wouldent even speak to a theist.

posted on Dec, 7 2009 @ 10:50 AM
link   
reply to post by tungus

If I was creating humans I would make them to be equal to me in all respects including all knowing, that way they would see the future and immediately know the effects of their actions.

What then would be the point? I think that I would want freewill. A choice.

posted on Dec, 7 2009 @ 10:56 AM
link   

reply to post by tungus

If I was creating humans I would make them to be equal to me in all respects including all knowing, that way they would see the future and immediately know the effects of their actions.

What then would be the point? I think that I would want freewill. A choice.

Are you saying that god does not have free will because he is clairvoyant?

posted on Dec, 7 2009 @ 11:04 AM
link   
reply to post by tungus

No what I am saying is what would be the point if everyone were "all knowing".
In retrospect to us humans having "clairvoyance", If we are without God then we do not. Read my sig.

posted on Dec, 7 2009 @ 11:13 AM
link   

reply to post by tungus

No what I am saying is what would be the point if everyone were "all knowing".
In retrospect to us humans having "clairvoyance", If we are without God then we do not. Read my sig.

The point will be that we will all live harmoniously with everyone and wouldn't bumble around in the dark. No one will cry in court saying that they are sorry that they shot someone.

As far as having knowledge when being with god. Isn't this the same god that kicks people out of paradise precisely for possessing knowledge?

top topics

<< 6  7  8    10  11 >>

join