It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What is this weapon

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 21 2004 @ 12:14 AM
link   

Is this a rail gun??

XL5

posted on May, 21 2004 @ 12:39 AM
link   
Its not a rail gun, not unless the barell is bigger and flattend/oval and has HUGE cables coming from it and going to a HUGE power supply. Its either a gas gernade gun, mini rockett launcher or heavy round gun.

posted on May, 21 2004 @ 08:28 AM
link   
Google Chinese grenade launcher and you find info and pic's on the W87 and it's variants.

posted on May, 21 2004 @ 09:28 AM
link   
yeah u can see the mag and the bi pods on the barrel

posted on May, 25 2004 @ 09:10 AM
link   
For me, this thing looks for automatic grenade launcher with revolver magazine, like american and russian ones.

posted on May, 26 2004 @ 11:54 AM
link   
The barrel gives enough evidence that it is a type of grenade launcher and the mag shows it as well...

Shattered OUT...

P.S. No something like that CAN never be a rail gun, not enough power, and it would not use a mag, more a clip of 6-7 rounds.

posted on May, 26 2004 @ 12:00 PM
link   
Why would a gernade launcher use a scope??

Is it a sniper gernade launcher??

posted on May, 26 2004 @ 12:34 PM
link   
It's a water pistol.

posted on May, 29 2004 @ 10:56 PM
link   
Dunno...but, I...WANT...ONE.

posted on May, 29 2004 @ 11:56 PM
link   
That's not a scope per se, but it's used for trajectory.

posted on May, 30 2004 @ 12:34 AM
link   
watch Supercop with Jackie Chan, you'll see it.

It's either a automatic shotgun, or grenade launcher, I forget, they both looked alike.

posted on May, 30 2004 @ 12:54 AM
link   
Is no one as interested in what the writing says behind him as I am? Pictures like these usually have some form of text to go with them that gives their viewers some way to interpret the picture, which means for us we can determine what's going on in the minds of the Chinese. If that's a chinaman...they all look alike lol.
See, all the exact same

Anyways...so yeah, someone go find someone who can read mandarin?

posted on May, 30 2004 @ 12:58 AM
link   
flame thrower or machine gun.......

posted on May, 30 2004 @ 01:00 AM
link   
As previously posted this is a Type 87 grenade launcher.

posted on May, 30 2004 @ 01:14 AM
link   
Great picture and a great question. Text probably says something like, "Even great warriors use condoms!"

The drum magazine doesn't look like the right shape to hold US style grenades, so they be using something smaller. I'm not getting the whole picture though - I think the Chinese server must be seriously overloaded.

I'll do the Google, as suggested, including type 87, and check this thread tomorrow to see if we have a definitive answer. Whatever it is, I sure wouldn't want one pointed in MY direction.

[Edited on 30-5-2004 by Strider]

posted on May, 30 2004 @ 01:32 AM
link   
Forget tomorrow. Type 87 it is.

At 500 rounds per minute, it's a good thing this baby has only 6,9, or 12 round magazines! With rounds that are claimed to have an armor piercing capability, and a range out to 1750 meters, this is a whole different ball game from our little guys. Round velocity is still slow, so I guess the armor piercing claim depends on the force of the explosion on the outside of a vehicle. Still, this is indeed one nasty item.

top topics

join