It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Obama Approval Dips Below 50% - It's Over

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 20 2009 @ 05:32 PM
link   
In less than a year Obama crashed below 50% approval.
It's the economy. The American people want solutions not excuses.
The Beginning of the End - Obama-

posted on Nov, 20 2009 @ 05:45 PM
link   
Oh how I wish you to be right....

BUT - I hardly think dropping below 50% can be considered crashing. I may be mistaken, but I thought most Presidents averaged an approval rating in the upper-40s.

I thought Obama's was considered very high and is now normalizing.

Because of these ups and downs, Bush's 49% approval average for his presidency will rank him in the middle of the pack (7th of 11) of post-World War II presidents. His average to-date of 49.4% is similar to Richard Nixon's 49.1% but slightly better than Harry Truman's and Jimmy Carter's historical lows below 46%.

Link: www.gallup.com...

The above lists the average approval rating for each President.

posted on Nov, 20 2009 @ 05:49 PM
link   
i doubt anything is over... but i can honestly say im very very happy his approval rate is going down, and i hope that continues until it reaches 0% and he is impeached. i dont see this happening. he still has tons of people swingin from his nuts, people who just believe he is doing right and will continue to blindly follow him

posted on Nov, 20 2009 @ 05:53 PM
link   
Nothings over, this man is intelligent......

He will wait for the right time when his approval ratings are really low, and then pop something huge to pull his ratings back up......watch n see

hes been waiting and waiting on the war in the big sand box, my guess is he will use that , at least in part to bump his ratings up, but me thinks hes got more in store to "bring the people" back....

posted on Nov, 20 2009 @ 05:57 PM
link   
reply to post by Eurisko2012

Even as an Obama detractor, I'd say its far from over. He's in trouble, no doubt, but he wouldn't be the first president to recover from a sub-50% approval rating to win re-election. Now that said, the real problem that Barack Obama faces is that his policies are even less popular than he is. That suggests that he's going to find it difficult to recover from his decline in the polls unless he's willing to significantly moderate his political agenda and move back toward the American mainstream. Perhaps he's willing to do that, but then, he still has another problem, Nancy Pelosi, and the fact that she's in a position to drive the agenda may well be his biggest political liability of all.

posted on Nov, 20 2009 @ 05:57 PM
link   
Patience is a virtue that many on ATS must learn!

Obama's doing his best. The problems will not disappear in one year!

The economy is recovering, universal healthcare is closer then ever, and he's working his hardest with improving foreign relations.

Don't despair. It's not the end.

posted on Nov, 20 2009 @ 05:59 PM
link   
reply to post by vor78

That is very true. While 49 - 50% say they approve of Obama, only 38 - 40% think that the country is headed in the right direction.

Since Obama is in charge of leading us in said direction, I would say those numbers are more reflective of a possible re-election.

posted on Nov, 20 2009 @ 05:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by vor78
reply to post by Eurisko2012

Even as an Obama detractor, I'd say its far from over. He's in trouble, no doubt, but he wouldn't be the first president to recover from a sub-50% approval rating to win re-election. Now that said, the real problem that Barack Obama faces is that his policies are even less popular than he is. That suggests that he's going to find it difficult to recover from his decline in the polls unless he's willing to significantly moderate his political agenda and move back toward the American mainstream. Perhaps he's willing to do that, but then, he still has another problem, Nancy Pelosi, and the fact that she's in a position to drive the agenda may well be his biggest political liability of all.

His policies that he's implementing in now should not be a surprise. He spoke of universal health care during the election. He spoke of wanting to reduce our nuclear capacity.

If people voted for him because he's black, then they're just as bad as the people who didn't vote for him because he's black.

When I voted for Obama, I voted for the man on his views, not the color of his skin...

posted on Nov, 20 2009 @ 06:02 PM
link   
For those who would like to celebrate the non-existent defeat of Obama, please ask yourself what would GOP do given the circumstances, if they were in power?

Some of GOPers admit that they well, "thank God we are not in the administration".

I seriously doubt that we would fare better under ANY leadership, and possibly worse.

As for people, well, they aren't happy indeed due to economy. Years of wrong can't be fixed in one year of right (even if it is indeed right).

posted on Nov, 20 2009 @ 06:02 PM
link   
reply to post by Mak Manto

..........WHAT?!

The Economy is NOT recovering, unemployment is now almost 11 percent, our dollar value is dropping like a lead sinker, countries all over the world are dumping the dollar and buying up gold, DC is printing money like they are wood stock fliers, and on TOP of that they are trying to pass ANOTHER bailout to suck MORE money out of tax payers, pile on top of that this healthcare plan thats going to cost billions.....

I hope you were speaking in jest........

Edit to address above poster.......you dont fix the economy by blaming bush, just like Bushes spending didnt fix the economy, the Obama administrations insane spending wont fix the mess left to them........THEY ARE ACCOUNTABLE FOR THEIR ACTIONS......its almost a year now, stop blaming everything on previous administrations and hold him and his people accountable for what theyve done so far....

remember this "If we pass this bailout we must do it now, and if we do unemployment wont rise over 8 percent" hmmmmmm and what are we at now?

[edit on 20-11-2009 by ManBehindTheMask]

posted on Nov, 20 2009 @ 06:03 PM
link   
i'd say a 45-50 approval rating is good...keeps him on his toes.

you got a high approval rating, you do everything the same, the lower the rating, the more he will want to change to be liked.

posted on Nov, 20 2009 @ 06:19 PM
link   
Check out Matthews video,

rubyslippersblog.blogspot.com...

Chris Matthews is Not Feeling the Tingle This Week
The entire segment from tonight's Hardball has Chris Matthews analyzing what's going wrong with the Obama administration. He hits on several points including the decision to try Khalid Sheik Mohammed in New York, the group is too intellectual (too much Ivy League) and my personal favorite, he's missing the magical touch as witnessed by his bow to the Emperor in Japan. If you don't have time to watch the whole clip skip to 4:15 to pick up on Matthews rant about the bow, but he's surprisingly on target for the most part on where Obama is failing:

Are the chickens coming home to roost?

posted on Nov, 20 2009 @ 06:22 PM
link   

Patience is a virtue that many on ATS must learn! Obama's doing his best.

I just have to ask, did you feel the same way about Bush?

Yes, or no, will do.

[edit on 063030p://bFriday2009 by Stormdancer777]

posted on Nov, 20 2009 @ 06:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by ManBehindTheMask
I hope you were speaking in jest........

I was hoping that he was being sarcastic, but sadly it doesn't look that way.

posted on Nov, 20 2009 @ 06:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by ManBehindTheMask
Nothings over, this man is intelligent......

He is brilliant. However, brilliant doesn't equal effective.Woodrow Wilson was brilliant as well. Effective? Nope.

[edit on 20-11-2009 by SpeakerofTruth]

posted on Nov, 20 2009 @ 06:34 PM
link   
reply to post by SpeakerofTruth

Im guessing you didnt read the rest of my post, or the posts i made after that, you would have understood where i was going with that.

The plain fact of it is, if he would have gotten elected and done NOTHING we would be in better shape then we are now.

posted on Nov, 20 2009 @ 06:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by Stormdancer777

Patience is a virtue that many on ATS must learn! Obama's doing his best.

I just have to ask, did you feel the same way about Bush?

Yes, or no, will do.

-----------------------------------------------------

[edit on 063030p://bFriday2009 by Stormdancer777]

The economy is like an anchor around his ankle.
The KSM trial in New York City is just another anchor for the
other ankle.
Lets see what Gallup says December 24, 2009.

[edit on 20-11-2009 by Eurisko2012]

posted on Nov, 20 2009 @ 06:42 PM
link   
If his approval rating drops to -1,980,789% what does it mean? NOTHING!!!!!! So why make the claim that "It's over" when we all know NOTHING is going to happen?

posted on Nov, 20 2009 @ 06:50 PM
link   

I agree with you completely, but you and I both know that a good number of people vote for superficial reasons in every election and for every candidate. In this particular instance, I think the big one wasn't race, but mass bandwagon jumping by the 18-24 crowd. The second, I believe, was that there was a line of thinking that we needed a change from the last eight years, and some didn't exactly care at the time what that change was. Now those people are beginning to have a little buyer's remorse.

Still, I think all of that stuff is a little beside the point. At the moment, Barack Obama appears to be a little under 50% in the polls. Considering that he won 52.9% of the vote, its not totally unexpected that he's in this range, but he can't dismiss it offhand, because at this point, he's starting to lose people who voted for him and that's potentially a major problem. The question is whether or not he can recover from it or if his approval ratings continue a slow decline. I'm certainly not going to write him off, but the way the policy numbers are trending and the way the economy continues to deteriorate, I think he's got a serious struggle on his hands.

[edit on 20-11-2009 by vor78]

posted on Nov, 20 2009 @ 06:58 PM
link   
reply to post by vor78

Look at the independents he lost in Virginia. Landslide victory.
That was your first clue.
It's over.
-------------------------------
He tried and failed in New Jersey.
It's over.

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join