It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

East Anglia Climate Research Unit , exposed ?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 20 2009 @ 08:17 AM
link   
Breaking News Story: CRU has apparently been hacked – hundreds of files released

wattsupwiththat.com...

To: ray bradley ,[email protected], [email protected]
Subject: Diagram for WMO Statement
Date: Tue, 16 Nov 1999 13:31:15 +0000
Cc: [email protected],[email protected]

Dear Ray, Mike and Malcolm,
Once Tim’s got a diagram here we’ll send that either later today or
first thing tomorrow.
I’ve just completed Mike’s Nature trick of adding in the real temps
to each series for the last 20 years (ie from 1981 onwards) amd from
1961 for Keith’s to hide the decline. Mike’s series got the annual
land and marine values while the other two got April-Sept for NH land
N of 20N. The latter two are real for 1999, while the estimate for 1999
for NH combined is +0.44C wrt 61-90. The Global estimate for 1999 with
data through Oct is +0.35C cf. 0.57 for 1998.
Thanks for the comments, Ray.

Cheers
Phil

Prof. Phil Jones
Climatic Research Unit Telephone +44 (0) xxxxx
School of Environmental Sciences Fax +44 (0) xxxx
University of East Anglia
Norwich Email [email protected]
NR4 7TJ
UK

We knew the rumors were that they were fudging the numbers.

The question is why?

[edit on 083030p://bFriday2009 by Stormdancer777]

posted on Nov, 20 2009 @ 08:18 AM
link   
briefingroom.typepad.com...

The director of Britain’s leading Climate Research Unit, Phil Jones, has told Investigate magazine’s TGIF Edition tonight that his organization has been hacked, and the data flying all over the internet appears to be genuine.

posted on Nov, 20 2009 @ 08:22 AM
link   
Is every one and every thing in every government dirty?(rhetorical question)S+F

[edit on 20-11-2009 by genius/idoit]

posted on Nov, 20 2009 @ 08:32 AM
link   
Wow this is big news and awesome!!! Finally thanks to this hacker we can catch these elites in the giant web of lies that is human derived global warming!!!! Awesome Awesome Awesome

posted on Nov, 20 2009 @ 08:33 AM
link   
I posted a similar thread several hours ago in the Breaking News section:
www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Nov, 20 2009 @ 08:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by Shirakawa

TY to you too then+S&F!!!! This is huge and we can't get it out to enough people fast enough! We know that the MSM will never report it like they should it'll be a mere blip on the news...

posted on Nov, 20 2009 @ 08:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by Shirakawa

So it is the real deal then? You think?

I just read your topic.

posted on Nov, 20 2009 @ 09:09 AM
link   
reply to post by Stormdancer777

I believe this is genuine. The amount of data is such that faking it would be a task so hard that one would have to be extremely motivated to do so, or payed. If it's a fake, it's the results of many months, probably years, of work. If it's indeed real, though there's still a possibility, something might have been altered in order to put the involved individual under an even worse light.

We will see in the next new days how this will turn up.

For now, only climate blogs and the Examiner have covered this story.
It's something that started from a post in a climate blog (The Air Vent), so some time could pass before the "real" news sites cover it.

Let's move this discussion to the other thread, though

[edit on 2009-11-20 by Shirakawa]

posted on Nov, 20 2009 @ 09:31 AM
link   
reply to post by Shirakawa

It's something that started from a post in a climate blog (The Air Vent), so some time could pass before the "real" news sites cover it.

I see,

Well I have spent years on GW and this would not surprise me at all.

Let's move this discussion to the other thread, though

Let's not and say we did.

Seriously though, I will post on your topic.

posted on Nov, 20 2009 @ 12:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by Stormdancer777
We knew the rumors were that they were fudging the numbers.

The question is why?

Because that's all these people have - rumour and innuendo?

Making accusations of dishonesty in some effort to sink a whole field of science in the pursuit of an ideological agenda.

Oh...that's not what you meant. Looks like your words were a tad ambiguous and open to misinterpretation.

:O

posted on Nov, 20 2009 @ 01:06 PM
link   
reply to post by melatonin

Oh...that's not what you meant. Looks like your words were a tad ambiguous and open to misinterpretation.

LOL, thanks for stopping by, mel, always love to read your post.

posted on Nov, 20 2009 @ 01:09 PM
link   

I knew it. Man, how many times several of us have been saying this for years, we even have had at least a couple of scientists who came forward and told the world that they were approached to and told that they needed to rig the data so the Global Warming scam could continue en course, but these testimonies were seen as false, and this information was eventually taken from the mainstream.

These people will stop at nothing to keep alive their hoax. Thanks a lot Stormdancer. Starred, and flagged.

[edit on 20-11-2009 by ElectricUniverse]

posted on Nov, 20 2009 @ 01:11 PM
link   
reply to post by melatonin

You mean, in the pursuit of YOUR ideological agenda you would put forth the hoax, and lies of AGW. is this the "doing stuff that matters" that you keep participating in?

posted on Nov, 20 2009 @ 01:13 PM
link   
reply to post by ElectricUniverse

Hi ya Electric, Yea I took a beating for my GW debunking on another forum,

I hope this gets the attention it deserves, or will they spin it into something unrecognizable?

posted on Nov, 20 2009 @ 01:15 PM
link   

You do know that certain people "cough" you know who
like to try to derail certain threads that present the truth and these people always intentionally distort what is being said, and what the information shows. Kind of strange that these people appear at the nick of time don't they?

posted on Nov, 20 2009 @ 01:21 PM
link   
reply to post by ElectricUniverse

Yes it is odd,

posted on Nov, 20 2009 @ 01:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by Stormdancer777
LOL, thanks for stopping by, mel, always love to read your post.

Good to hear.

Perhaps you'll be clearer in future in expressing yourself, you're not posting private e-mails readily taken out of context ya know.

Anyway, keep digging guys - when you find nothing of great importance, you'll have to move on to find the supersecret island-based submountain server where all the real incriminating stuff is kept.

posted on Nov, 20 2009 @ 01:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by melatonin
Anyway, keep digging guys - when you find nothing of great importance, you'll have to move on to find the supersecret island-based submountain server where all the real incriminating stuff is kept.

No need, we always have people, like you, who shows us quite clearly what the agenda of those who have been making the biggest hoax on mankind is all about. Keep doing stuff that matters mela

And BTW, it is clear by now what is actually happening, the global temperatures have been showing a cooling trend, oh but wait CO2 causes warming, and causes cooling, and then causes more warming, to cause cooling right?....

posted on Nov, 20 2009 @ 02:00 PM
link   
The email that bothers me is one there's not a lot of talk about.

It's the one where Philip Jones is talking about how McIntyre is starting to go after the HadCru data.

The data he's referencing would appear to be the original temperature data HadCru was supposed to hold. As I heard the story McIntyre did want to see that data. Others including established scientists eventually joined in the quest. Excuses were offered by Jones for not providing it. Those excuses were investigated, and found to be lacking credibility. Finally with the pressure continuing to mount, Phil Jones claimed the data no longer existed. He claimed it had been destroyed.

OK, so here's why I think that email should matter. Jones appears to be talking like that data did exist in the email. This would be after the point in time the data was supposedly destroyed, wouldn't it? So how can that data be there, but not be there?

[edit on 20-11-2009 by Ntity]

posted on Nov, 20 2009 @ 02:13 PM
link   
Fox news is on it....check it out

Climate Skeptics See 'Smoking Gun' in Researchers' Leaked E-Mails
Friday, November 20, 2009

Print ShareThis
Climatic Research Unit

CRU's main building. Since the server was hacked, the center's site reads, "This website is currently being served from the CRU Emergency Webserver"
Hackers broke into the servers at a prominent British climate research center and leaked years worth of e-mail messages onto the Web, including one with a mysterious reference to a plan to "hide the decline" in data about temperatures.

The Internet is abuzz about the leaked data from the University of East Anglia's Climate Research Unit (commonly called Hadley CRU), which has acknowledged the leak of 61MB of confidential data.

Climate change skeptics describe the leaked data as a "smoking gun," evidence of collusion among climatologists and manipulation of data to support the widely held view that climate change is caused by the actions of mankind. The files were reportedly released on a Russian file-serve by an anonymous poster calling himself "FOIA."

In an exclusive interview in Investigate magazine's TGIF Edition, Phil Jones, the head of the Hadley CRU, confirmed that the leaked data is real.

"It was a hacker. We were aware of this about three or four days ago," he told the magazine, noting that the center has yet to contact the police about the data breach.

TGIF Edition asked Jones about the controversial "hide the decline" comment from an e-mail he wrote in 1999. He told the magazine that there was no intention to mislead, but he had "no idea" what he meant by those words.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join