It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Former evangelist: Religious right is 'trawling for assassins'

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 20 2009 @ 08:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by On the Edge
I see this also as just a "script" to make "right-wing" Christians look like a serious threat! Remember the Dept.of Homeland Security Report,they have patriots,home-schoolers,pro-lifers,Christians,etc ,..all lumped together as Extremists.

You're either an extemist threat or you're not having an effect. You may as well go back to sleep and return to playing the game by their rules. In case you haven't noticed, the deck is stacked against you, and you're only playing the cards they choose to give you.

Let them have their silly names for you. You want them to like you? Seriously? Does it really bother some of you people to have your enemies call you names? Grow a backbone for crying out loud! Things arent even that bad yet.

I love it when they call me names. It's a badge of honor. Thank you Jesus!

[edit on 20/11/09 by PSUSA]

posted on Nov, 20 2009 @ 08:43 AM
link   
when will the war on terror start with house clearing from these right wing ultra extremists christians? the pit of a decent critsian society , i call for the marines to flush them out and burn them down

damn religous terrorists in the heart land of the USA!

posted on Nov, 20 2009 @ 08:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by AshleyD

Also, the article misquotes the passage. Psalm 109:8 only states, 'Let his days be few and let another take his office.' It's in reference to hoping he is a one-term president. However, the article adds in Psalm 109:9 (not part of the bumper sticker campaign) which states, 'Let his children be fatherless, and his wife a widow.'

That is talking about death and would be horrible if included but that is not part of the slogan, which the article incorrectly claims.

Any other time the xtian zealots would be screaming "You got to read all the verses around it or else you're taking the verse out of context."

So, to assure the zealots that no one is taking the verse "out of context" the following scripture was included.

It is obvious what was intended in this; the meaning and intent are unmistakable. I think the religious groups that initiated this should be held accountable as well as the other participants---printers of the bumper stickers and shirts.

If you defend this as a joke, I must say it is a sick joke. Truth in jest?

This is hate mongering and the religious leaders are setting the example.

[edit on 20-11-2009 by Alethea]

posted on Nov, 20 2009 @ 09:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by Raist

But they were not quoting all of Psalms 109 only 109:8. There is no need to bring the rest of that scripture in as only one verse is quoted.

This is a common secular problem. When one quotes scripture they only quote what is given not the rest of the chapter. They quote only what is given so we know where to start and where to end. Either read the quote as it is given or don’t bother reporting on it.

Raist

You too! You know damn well if I quoted only one specific scripture to make a point you would whine "You can't do that. You are taking it out of context. Let's read the whole chapter so we can understand the entire meaning."

Christians always insist that they cannot discuss a single scripture from a chapter. "Let's look at the big picture," they'll say. "You can't just isolate one verse." ("That's not fair," they whine.)

OK. Well....Rachel gave you the context and everybody else sure got the meaning!

posted on Nov, 20 2009 @ 09:28 AM
link   
reply to post by Alethea

If this was a case where we're engaging in deep study or hermeneutics, I would 100% agree with you. Context is always critical during in depth analysis. However, a verse on a bumper sticker or t-shirt is what it is. I really don't know what else to tell you.

For instance, I have a plaque by my door which reads, 'Choose you this day whom you will serve. As for me and my house, we will serve the Lord.'

It's a famous passage and is part of many pieces of home decoration for Christians. However, the actual context of Joshua 24:15 (where this is taken), discusses picking sides before going to war. Am I going to war? No.

reply to post by Harlequin

when will the war on terror start with house clearing from these right wing ultra extremists christians? the pit of a decent critsian society , i call for the marines to flush them out and burn them down

I'm glad to see you eating up the propaganda hook, line, and sinker. I thought ATS could see past stuff like this but apparently the MSM is still effective with their tricks.

[edit on 11/20/2009 by AshleyD]

posted on Nov, 20 2009 @ 09:37 AM
link   
Christians are doing a great job at turning people away from Christ.

posted on Nov, 20 2009 @ 10:55 AM
link   
reply to post by earthdude

It's not "Christians" as much as the Word of God itself! No one today wants to be told anything they think is wrong,or that there may be consequences for rejecting God.

So they reject the messenger as well as the message.(The truth is just so Politically Incorrect! Someone might get their "feelings" hurt!)

posted on Nov, 20 2009 @ 11:17 AM
link   
Really? They are marketing this?

Sorry I can't link it for some reason just Google Pray for Obama Psalm 109 and hit shopping and you will see it.

This is what Psalm 109 v 8 has to say...

8 May his days be few;

may another take his place of leadership.

9 May his children be fatherless

and his wife a widow.

10 May his children be wandering beggars;

may they be drivend from their ruined homes.

11 May a creditor seize all he has;

may strangers plunder the fruits of his labor.

12 May no one extend kindness to him

or take pity on his fatherless children.

13 May his descendants be cut off,

their names blotted out from the next generation.

14 May the iniquity of his fathers be remembered before the Lord;

may the sin of his mother never be blotted out.

15 May their sins always remain before the Lord,

that he may cut off the memory of them from the earth.

Source: Psalm 109

Really?

[edit on 11/20/2009 by whatukno]

posted on Nov, 20 2009 @ 11:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by SevenThunders

Originally posted by skepticantiseptic
reply to post by SevenThunders

May the words of Kim Clements' resonate throughout our world.

My heart prays that his vision comes to pass.

posted on Nov, 20 2009 @ 11:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by whatukno
Really? They are marketing this?

Obama stuff for sale

This is what Psalm 109 v 8 has to say...

8 May his days be few;

may another take his place of leadership.

9 May his children be fatherless

and his wife a widow.

10 May his children be wandering beggars;

may they be drivend from their ruined homes.

11 May a creditor seize all he has;

may strangers plunder the fruits of his labor.

12 May no one extend kindness to him

or take pity on his fatherless children.

13 May his descendants be cut off,

their names blotted out from the next generation.

14 May the iniquity of his fathers be remembered before the Lord;

may the sin of his mother never be blotted out.

15 May their sins always remain before the Lord,

that he may cut off the memory of them from the earth.

Source: bible.logos.com...=&ref=Ps%20109&ver=NIV&tab=home&content=.

Really?

You did not just quote Psalm 109:8 !!! You are quoting Psalm 109:8 and 9-15 as well. Why is this so hard for some people to understand?

Once again Psalm 109:8 states - May his days be few;may another take his place of leadership. Period..That it. No need to quote versus 9-15 since they are not relevant to the topic. You fell right into the MSM trap of distorting the truth.

posted on Nov, 20 2009 @ 11:27 AM
link   
It seems inspite many of the decent efforts of President of USA few people in the country are hell bent to take the country backwards.

posted on Nov, 20 2009 @ 11:27 AM
link   

posted on Nov, 20 2009 @ 11:33 AM
link   
reply to post by Erasurehead

You did not just quote Psalm 109:8 !!! You are quoting Psalm 109:8 and 9-15 as well. Why is this so hard for some people to understand?

Once again Psalm 109:8 states - May his days be few;may another take his place of leadership. Period..That it. No need to quote versus 9-15 since they are not relevant to the topic. You fell right into the MSM trap of distorting the truth.

No the truth is what the context that verse is in. This is about killing a leader. That is what Psalm 109 is about. Christians love to take one sentence out of the bible and run with it. But that's not how the bible works. That whole thing is about killing what is supposedly an unjust ruler. That is the truth. So quoting a bible scripture and saying it's innocent when the passage is clearly not innocent at all is just asking people to be ignorant.

It's a direct threat, all it takes is someone able to read to know this.

posted on Nov, 20 2009 @ 11:53 AM
link   
Let's look at it this way,...even if a whole country of people want a ruler to die,that isn't the same thing as committing an act of violence against said ruler!

Unless certain people have no way of controlling themselves and say,"But the bumper sticker made me do it!"

posted on Nov, 20 2009 @ 11:57 AM
link   
reply to post by Harlequin

Yah,how about those Muslims.

How is Christian extremism any different then what you have said???

posted on Nov, 20 2009 @ 11:58 AM
link   
Let's make it REALLY easy for everyone. If the religions want to start talking politics, they can start paying real taxes. All of them. Property taxes especially. Not just back-handers to politicians to force through their agendas.

Interesting point made above of how the quoted line (e.g. Peanuts 4:10) is ONLY the line to read, and not the next. I think context is very important. If, for example, a verse were to say: "Be kind to all children. Then kill all the people with Ginger hair" you can't say that the 'word of deity-of-your-choice' is JUST be kind to children. "be kind to the animals. Then throw rocks at them..." is not just "be kind to animals." I realize it doesn't say this in your book, but please look at the point of it.

A family member called my home during the election in tears, imploring us to vote for McCain because, "Obama is the antichrist!"
Where did this information come from? From her pastor. One of those pastors that wants Obama dead.
She just took what the poisonous viper in the pulpit was saying as truth.
Faith is an odd thing sometimes.

posted on Nov, 20 2009 @ 11:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by whatukno

No the truth is what the context that verse is in. This is about killing a leader. That is what Psalm 109 is about. Christians love to take one sentence out of the bible and run with it. But that's not how the bible works. That whole thing is about killing what is supposedly an unjust ruler. That is the truth. So quoting a bible scripture and saying it's innocent when the passage is clearly not innocent at all is just asking people to be ignorant.

It's a direct threat, all it takes is someone able to read to know this.

If the same quote was being directed en masse against a loved one of the people here justifying it, (presuming they have loved ones,) I'm sure they'd be singing a different tune then.

Suddenly it would be no joke and the context would become blindingly evident.

I used to be a Christian until I saw what so many Christians are like. Now I see the use of the word Christian as an insult to all those who "Christian" bigots and murderers are busy hating and harming.

If offered a place in a "Christian" heaven I would turn my back on an unjust God and spend eternity doing what I could for the residents of the nether regions.

As also would the Jesus that I know.

posted on Nov, 20 2009 @ 12:21 PM
link   
reply to post by Battleline

ALL raving mouth fanatics , be they muslim , sihk, hindu , jew or christian needs to be herded into the sea - theres no place in this world for this kind of `religious` hysteria.

and that includes certain MODS who edit my posts from things they dont like.

T&C applies to mods just as much as users.

[edit on 20/11/09 by Harlequin]

posted on Nov, 20 2009 @ 12:21 PM
link   
reply to post by AshleyD

This is the only way liberals can fight back,they can't argue with facts or logic if they do then everyone would know there real agenda, to have there way or ruin it for everyone else.I love when the Christian hateing libs do this so blatantly, it shows who they really are as people.Totally insecure about everything but there hate.

Madcow is the perfect example of the liberal left in altering the truth to meet the needs,her and NBCs rattings show it.

I can't help but wonder when the last time Madcow codemmed the Muslim extremist or anyone on NBC for that matter.

posted on Nov, 20 2009 @ 12:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by Harlequin
reply to post by Battleline

ALL raving mouth fanatics , be they muslim , sihk, hindu , jew or christian needs to be herded into the sea - theres no place in this world for this kind of `religious` hysteria.

and that includes certain MODS who edit my posts from things they dont like.

T&C applies to mods just as much as users.

[edit on 20/11/09 by Harlequin]
You did not answer my question.How do these religious fanatics differ from what you are preaching?

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join