It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The History of the World According to the Ancient Vedic Scriptures

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 30 2022 @ 12:08 AM
link   

originally posted by: Zanti Misfit
a reply to: iamthevirus

Yes , and I suspect some of them are in Professional Sports .....*)

Well maybe... nah, most of them live on baka laka daka street if you ask me. That must be homo boner all up in pro sports, I don't pay attention to that I'm a science guy.

posted on Aug, 30 2022 @ 03:51 PM
link   

Hmm.... Really ?

Ok , An ebonite rod with an excess of 6.4 X 10^8 electrons shares its charge equally with a pith ball when they touch. What is the charge on the pith ball, in coulumbs ?

Answer - The charge of an electron is -1.602 x 10^-19 coloumbs .

Is that Correct , Or.........>?

posted on Aug, 30 2022 @ 04:24 PM
link   

originally posted by: Harte

originally posted by: GENERAL EYES

It's a text from an Ancient Culture and in the appropriate forum for such discussions.

If you take no interest in these ancient works, why are you here?

I wouldn't call the thread misplaced. I'd say it's full of woo crap and extremely light on actual substance from ancient texts though.

Just read the thread to see why I say that.

Harte

Oh REALLY Harteless ? Maybe you can Enlighten Us All here with your VAST Knowledge of the Ancient Past of Planet Earth Based on Your Flawed Science of Unobservable Data . That which Occurred during the Dawn of Early Homo Homo Sapiens is Still to this Day an Unknown . Countless " Theories " based on Suppositions does not Undeniably Confirm Clueless " Guesses " . Why not just Admit for a Change that the Discipline of " Science " is Sometimes Found Wanting when it comes to the Origins of Mans Beginnings on this Beautiful Blue Marble > ? Oh , and when it comes to Our Ancient Ancestors either being Highly Spiritually Enlightened and Knowledgeable or Just Ignorant and Highly Superstitious , the Jury is Still Out on that one ....

Read the thread. The topic is the Vedas, not EMH.
Provide an ancient text by Early Modern Humans. I'll be glad to critique that too.
Try reading the Mahabharata yourself - it's free online - translated by Ganguli (who in this very thread is incorrectly called an "historian" and quoted on atomic bombs, though he died before any atomic weapon was even built.)

What I said absolutely stands - full of woo crap and extremely light on any ancient texts.

Harte

posted on Aug, 30 2022 @ 04:26 PM
link   

originally posted by: iamthevirus
a reply to: Harte

Definitely misplaced, got my feathers in a ruffle lol. I guess I'm just used to other forums and old forum like conspiracycentral where they had strict categorization rules. I see the title Ancient and Lost Civilizations that means "science" (archeology) to me.

This is clearly metaphysics though...

This forum is listed as one of the "Mysterious Subjects" forums.

Harte

posted on Aug, 30 2022 @ 04:28 PM
link   

Yes , Vedas are the Topic .Were Ancient Indians just Creating Good Fiction , or were they Imparting Real History to their Descendants ? You are Implying Fiction , are you Not ?

posted on Aug, 30 2022 @ 05:22 PM
link   

originally posted by: iamthevirus

Definitely misplaced, got my feathers in a ruffle lol. I guess I'm just used to other forums and old forum like conspiracycentral where they had strict categorization rules. I see the title Ancient and Lost Civilizations that means "science" (archeology) to me.

This is clearly metaphysics though...

This forum is listed as one of the "Mysterious Subjects" forums.

Harte

Yes there is mystery in archeology and science still.

Metaphysics isn't mystery it's mysticism, there's a section for that.

posted on Sep, 18 2022 @ 12:56 AM
link   

Yes , Vedas are the Topic .Were Ancient Indians just Creating Good Fiction , or were they Imparting Real History to their Descendants ? You are Implying Fiction , are you Not ?

It's also sensible to consider if maybe the history they were writing down was not their own. Or not theirs directly.

Maybe a nearby culture achieved space travel, anti gravity, and harnessed the power of the atom, then went off into space and never came back.

Once you are in outer space, and get a taste of the resources available out there, conquering Earth would feel like a big waste of time to you. Might have a battle or two, maybe even a war with someone. But eventually you'd just forget about it.

Maybe the people who wrote the story down were just bystanders, watching something outside of their capabilities unfold, and just hoping not to get hit by the nukes.

posted on Sep, 18 2022 @ 05:36 AM
link   
First, it must be noted that mentions of flying vehicles and mighty weapons in religious books is the basis for ALL this fringe speculation about aliens and Hindu Vedas.

Now, consider that lots of religions include "flying vehicles." Practically every ancient religion did - the Sun and Moon flying across the sky in boats (and later chariots) is one example that's ubiquitous. The Throne of God flies around in the Bible.
Also, ALL gods have mighty weapons. I mean, how you gonna be a god without a lightning bolt or two?
How can you explain that meteorite that everyone saw last night if it wasn't a God striking the Earth?

See, there is NO evidence of any ancient Vedic technology to be found anywhere - though several lies HAVE been told concerning ancient India (Mohejo-Daro, Dwarka, etc.)

You could even say it's not unusual at all to have flying vehicles and mighty weapons in your dogma. Truth is, it would be more "mysterious" if a religion didn't include a flying vehicle and a massive weapon or two.

That said, ho hum, this is all BS.

Harte

posted on Sep, 18 2022 @ 07:44 AM
link   

Now, consider that lots of religions include "flying vehicles." Practically every ancient religion di

So most old religions talk about sun Gods coming out the sky and interacting with us.. and its all Bull because you say it is...

lol

posted on Sep, 18 2022 @ 09:31 AM
link   

originally posted by: purplemer

Now, consider that lots of religions include "flying vehicles." Practically every ancient religion di

So most old religions talk about sun Gods coming out the sky and interacting with us.. and its all Bull because you say it is...

lol

..and and its all NOT Bull because you say it is... LOL

posted on Sep, 18 2022 @ 03:20 PM
link   
a reply to: Hanslune

Thats not what I said.. What are you adding here .. Nothing.. Normally a little more coordinated than that..

The narrative that Gods came from the sky and shared knowledge with us is found globally.. Even the bible shares this..

Along with nearly old old world cultures. The archetypes change but the story remains the same. If you want to be dismissive of all these cultures and people and their truths... Good for you! :-)

posted on Sep, 19 2022 @ 12:07 PM
link   

a reply to: Hanslune

Thats not what I said.. What are you adding here .. Nothing.. Normally a little more coordinated than that..

The narrative that Gods came from the sky and shared knowledge with us is found globally.. Even the bible shares this..

Along with nearly old old world cultures. The archetypes change but the story remains the same. If you want to be dismissive of all these cultures and people and their truths... Good for you! :-)

What did these multiple Gods provide? How to do simple things that human's could easily do? However, not providing really useful information on sanitation, germ theory (boil your water), food preservation, pottery, metals, etc. Stories were made up to explain why certain things were, because they had no science. Stories included talking animals, flying chariots, magic and impossible things, do you believe those also? Do you think the world was created by dipping a spear in the water and the drops formed land? If not why? What you are doing is cherry picking a few examples instead of looking at the full body of the information.

posted on Sep, 20 2022 @ 12:00 AM
link   

You could even say it's not unusual at all to have flying vehicles and mighty weapons in your dogma. Truth is, it would be more "mysterious" if a religion didn't include a flying vehicle and a massive weapon or two.

That said, ho hum, this is all BS.

Harte

You would think their gods wouldn't need a flying vehicle, though, wouldn't you? Why can't they simply fly the way Superman flies?

Reminds me of this:

posted on Sep, 20 2022 @ 10:01 AM
link   
Exactly right Bloody Marvelous.

You have to remember that it was faulty humans who were making up this stuff and they tended to anthropomorphize Gods to make them seem more human. The Greek and Roman pantheons are great examples of this. Those Gods showing up with all to human egos, temperaments and lusts. How did people travel? Foot, horse, chariot and ships, how did gods travel, the same although they did so with greater speed.

posted on Sep, 20 2022 @ 05:21 PM
link   

lol

You don't know enough about Vedic beliefs to make that comment, and it shows.

Harte

posted on Sep, 20 2022 @ 05:22 PM
link   

The narrative that Gods came from the sky and shared knowledge with us is found globally..

No such narrative exists.

Harte

posted on Nov, 23 2022 @ 01:58 AM
link   
I temporarily left ATS and this forum because the number of Woo Woos was increasing dangerously and I was not interested in suffering stupid.

The same # is being peddled over and over again without a grain of truth in it.

posted on Nov, 23 2022 @ 05:34 AM
link   
a reply to: coredrill
Its who yells the loudest wins these days.No logical arguements just pick an idea and stamp your foot on anyone who disagrees.

posted on Nov, 23 2022 @ 07:35 AM
link   

originally posted by: coredrill
I temporarily left ATS and this forum because the number of Woo Woos was increasing dangerously and I was not interested in suffering stupid.

The same # is being peddled over and over again without a grain of truth in it.

There's fresher cowpies here than what you'll find in this old thread, old pal.

Harte

posted on Nov, 23 2022 @ 08:22 AM
link   
... there's little truth in the OP ; sorry ; and the reasons are several ;
I did translate myself sections of Rg-Vega and studied others like Ramayana

the first problem is that one must have 'a workable concept' of whát they could describe
[=otherwise proper interpretation is impossible] ; and you will see that Rg-Veda talks about
the world-tree standing upon Eden , and this earth somewhere 'at a branch' of that tree :
the tree itself ['Indr'a Thunderbolt'] carrying 'their paradise' [termed Svar] ;
searching back in óther [credible-] old texts you will recognize that tree and paradise
in the Egyptian spells and also in scripture : though there 'evil' ofcourse as 'the tall cedar' ;
and slowly one can reconstruct a picture of that region

second is that after the original - and truthful - Rg-Veda ,
many other books were written to HIDE the truths inthere and therefore ,
for example , the Maharabhata is nothing else but an unreadable Deflection ;
the reason is that after God spoke through the prophets explaining the other reality ,
the evil realm launched a series of religions and books to deflect that --
even the Greek Egyptian pharaoh started to write hieroglyphs from left-to-right
with result that translators never understood the glyphs befóre that time
[=always needing to be read bottom-upwards]

the third is the Sanskrit itself :
they are composed of original roots which often show a connection to a concept
[like the Egyptian hieroglyphs do]
but these words can have 'an innocent' meaning but the same time a 'real one'
yet the translators completely miss the 'real' meaning of words
because they did not understand what reality was being described ;

fourth : stripping down the roots results - in a number of instances -
'anóther reality [-as theirs]' which , in ALL CASES , is 'the eden reality' they hate ;
for example 'the Dawn' [-uSaS] derives from the root [-iS] which is the eden tree of
life but now as the corrupted 'Dawn' of theirs ;

... all the above should be taken in consideration when reading Rg-Vega .
Concerning the flying machines : there's no mention of them in the Spells
so i would label it is that Disinformation [=see above] ;
though i won't rule them out grin

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join