It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Do women have a human right to taxpayer paid abortions? I don't think so!

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 10 2009 @ 07:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by HotSauce
reply to post by galatea

LMAO.. not exactly. But there are statistics on the matter. You should try to take sometime to check them out.

Your the one making the claim.

So maybe you should post the statistics that back what you are saying, otherwise your just spouting bs.

posted on Nov, 10 2009 @ 07:34 PM
link   
There is NO reason for physical abortions now, except in rare circumstances like rape or severe birth defects, due to RU486- the morning after pill. The FDA has shown it is effective, inexpensive and has stated that it should be available over-the-counter; but politicians have created road blocks for women to obtain the drug. Every fertile woman not wanting to become pregnant should have a few emergency doses of RU486 at home. It is also ridiculous that women should have to go ask a pharmacist for the drug, who may or may not choose to provide it.

Tax payers shouldn't have to pay for abortions, or life long care for unwanted children either. There will always be women who are irresponsible, and there will always be accidents like condom failure. I would prefer to kill a dividing cell with RU486 than a viable fetus at up to 12 weeks. The pill is inexpensive in comparison to the alternatives.

posted on Nov, 10 2009 @ 07:35 PM
link   
reply to post by HotSauce

Abortion is what happens when you have a populace unwilling to take sexual responsibility for their own reproduction. Sure in events of rape its a necessary evil, can't get around that but I really don't think the tax payer should pay for any of it unless they agree to it. The whole idea of having a "right" to an abortion is absurd, we're talking some abstract medical version of infanticide, I wouldn't call that a right but again until us apes decide not to rape each other and not to have wanton unprotected sex we're going to need to have abortion.

Makes me wish evolution was a much faster process, we need to mature as a species.

posted on Nov, 10 2009 @ 07:35 PM
link   

the cut off limit for food stamps in ny for a family of three is $1907 a month.....about $11 an hour.

so, I guess what the gov't is trying to tell us is that it takes a job paying around $11 an hour to support a family of three.....
so, I guess my answer to you is what do you expect when most of the jobs listed in the paper are paying so much less than that amount, or, at the other end of the payscale, way more than that and requiring specialized training!

posted on Nov, 10 2009 @ 07:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by concernedcitizan
Let's reverse gender. Should taxpayer dollars fund vasectemys. Killing sperm is killing babies, isn't it. Right? I guess this should be a new thread, eh.

If thats how you rally understand it to be..... I will pay for yours as long as its non reversable.... seriously your a dim bulb

posted on Nov, 10 2009 @ 07:37 PM
link   
reply to post by dawnstar

People can work more than one job. Let not limit our creativity when looking for a sloution to our self-inflicted problems.

posted on Nov, 10 2009 @ 07:39 PM
link   
Scientology Staff have been ordered to get abortions and let the taxpayers foot the bill...

from the Catholic Sentinel LINK

According to Tabayoyon, there were several instances where pregnant women were coerced into having an abortion as an alternative to exile. When she reported her own pregnancy, the Medical Officer arranged for the life of her child to be terminated. Tabyoyon is only one of many affidavits, testimonies and statements from past Sea Org members who had abortions at the insistence of the organization.

posted on Nov, 10 2009 @ 07:41 PM
link   
reply to post by HappilyEverAfter

Ooh, self righteous and humorless. Check your head. It way be screwed on a little to tightly.

posted on Nov, 10 2009 @ 07:44 PM
link   

and let's not let our unwillingness to see the world as it is lead us to believe the unworkable to be solutions!!
we have too many single moms now, the gov't has decided that they should work, unfortunately, in many cases, the jobs that they work don't pay for the cost of the childcare that is needed for them to work!! so, ya, let's double that cost, pay more, makes lots of sense!!!

posted on Nov, 10 2009 @ 07:46 PM
link   
The left is completely out of control, of course women DO NOT have a right to public funded abortions... How outrageous! It is time to fight fire with fire... Has anyone got a quarter to half a million bucks just laying around? Lets join forces and end abortion in this country... How, give abortion rights to men!

Allow men the right to choose if they will be responsible for her choice or not. Not that men can force or stop a woman from having an abortion, oh no... that has already been settled by the SC. This RIGHT will guarantee all men the right to abort his responsibilities to that fetus before it is born... if a woman can kill it, then men should have the legal Constitutional right to abandon it before it is born... Read more about fighting fire with fire here!

--Charles Marcello

posted on Nov, 10 2009 @ 07:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by concernedcitizan

Ooh, self righteous and humorless. Check your head. It way be screwed on a little to tightly.

Far from either.

posted on Nov, 10 2009 @ 07:49 PM
link   

The inability to laugh at oneself should be considered a sign of serious mental illness. I think that means all of us on ATS would be certifiable. Lighten up.

posted on Nov, 10 2009 @ 07:50 PM
link   
reply to post by littlebunny

that dad isn't gonna get out of the responsibility for the kids he helped create untill AFTER the taxpayers find that they aren't responsible for the kids they had nothing to do with creating....sorry!!!

posted on Nov, 10 2009 @ 07:52 PM
link   

It took a little while but i get it. If a woman has the abortion we don't pay a dime. If she has the baby we don't pay a dime. So it's a win-win. Sign me up!

posted on Nov, 10 2009 @ 07:54 PM
link   

So you would prefer they had the babies, unable to afford them and instead spent a lifetime withdrawing state benefits for the child which actually would cost even more.

Yep no logic here.

posted on Nov, 10 2009 @ 07:55 PM
link   
reply to post by lostviking

well, gee, I'll show you a good reason right here....

news.bbc.co.uk...

as far as I am concerned, if tax money can go to cure cancer, combat chlorestoral, ect.....it can go to save a pregnant ladies life also, even it that means abortion.....
after all, are you gonna expect that pregnant lady, her family to pitch in and fund your cancer treatments later?

posted on Nov, 10 2009 @ 08:03 PM
link   
Hate to break it to you all. But some tax dollars do pay towards abortions. It is not a direct funding for Miss So and So and her abortion. But your tax dollars do fund scholarship of med students that later become abortion doctors. Grants are give to clinics that also happen to perform abortions. Grants and tax exempt status are given to organizations that donate towards or out right fund abortions.

Heck, some patients even have their transportation cost to the clinic where it performs paid in full by your tax dollars.

Now suppose a Senator (salary is paid in whole by tax dollars) pulls out the cash for his dear daughter Mitsey (or whatever) to have her "little problem" go away. Is that not also tax funded abortion?

[edit on 10-11-2009 by Ahabstar]

posted on Nov, 10 2009 @ 08:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by dawnstar

that dad isn't gonna get out of the responsibility for the kids he helped create untill AFTER the taxpayers find that they aren't responsible for the kids they had nothing to do with creating....sorry!!!

Wonna bet! Women get pregnant the same way men get her pregnant... with her zipper down and her panties around the ankles...

Besides it is completely and totally unconstitutional to grant a special right to any sex, race or creed... and forcing men to be responsible for a life not yet born, while calling it her choice... is clearly unconstitutional... To even suggest otherwise is pure nonsense... Men just have to fight for it...

Remember no one thought the constitution allowed for a woman's right to have abortions either...

Can you imagine what children who survived mommy not killing it but daddy not having to pay for it in the future are going to think of the pure stupidity of this whole selfish abortion rights movement... Let alone all those kids we will all have to pay for in the name of personal choice and complete selfishness… WooHOO!!!!

I will be the flag bearer for men’s abortion rights... Hell yes its disgusting... But not nearly as disgusting as the person who’s supposed to love it the most choosing to kill it just so she can have a mulligan... At least men won’t be killing anything, only women have that honor… so ahh...sorry!!! Well no not really!

--Charles Marcello

[edit on 10-11-2009 by littlebunny]

posted on Nov, 10 2009 @ 08:14 PM
link   

I can imagine what the kid will think after the taxpayers decide they aren't supporting it anymore, and well, daddy is nowhere to be seen!!
Like I said, if dad can get out of supporting the child he helped to create, then well, we, the taxpayers danged sure shouldn't be supporting it!!
and which do you think is more unconstitutional???
I do believe the idea that the dads should be financially supporting their kids has been around longer than the constitution has been...
we, the taxpayers paying for those kids, well, that hasn't been around that long!
and well, I don't think it's gonna last much longer either.

maybe both mommy and daddy better start keeping their zippers up!!!

[edit on 10-11-2009 by dawnstar]

posted on Nov, 10 2009 @ 08:16 PM
link   
If its my dime pay for the abortion.We spend enough money out of this country.A woman should be the one who chooses what happens to her baby.

Lets take this one step more... If she has the baby aborted for non medical reasons she should be sterilized.This would stop the five kid deal.

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join