It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

.... and so the old gods stir

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+48 more 
posted on Nov, 8 2009 @ 06:22 PM
link   
….and so stir the old gods.

This is merely an old thought I have had since puberty, and have finally afforded the opportunity to look further into it. That’s all. Do not take it as my solid opinion or belief. As my research brings me further in, So too will my opinions and ideas evolve with my findings.

First let me coin the term Truth Seeker Spectrum. (Tss) The spectrum has two sides. Accepting, (what we call the believer) and Opposing (what we call sceptical) toward the centre of the spectrum lie those that look at all possibilities and take the time to look at what they see without ruling out either mundane or ET. Far left are the fanatical believers, and far right are the fanatical sceptics.

It matters little at this point what genre of faith you follow, or even where you are on the TSS. We all know something is happening. For the majority that do not, there is little for you in this thread.
Of all the mysteries behind Celtic, and Scandinavian history, they have one commonly known historical fact. This is the same fact known to the people all over the world In relation to the old gods, with the exception of Africa beyond Egypt. All the old gods said one common thing. “I will return….”

The most fascinating facts about the Scandinavians is this: In Scandinavia, during the final battle when the christians were imposing their malevolent culture on the people there, one person said to Odin himself, “Please leave us. We are tired of all the fighting. Please go.” And Odin responded “I will return.” (Poetic/prose Eddas)

The Celts on the other hand, they had what were known as the Clan of Danu. Tuatha de Dannan. Long story short, they lost their final battle and were asked to go, they did as asked, but went as fey folk in the mounds and in the earth. Around Samhain, if a person is worthy and at the right place, they are allegedly invited into the fey realm.

Then we have the Egyptians, and early central/south Americas into the south west US. And the all too commonly debated Sumerians.
All had a single founding god. The monotheistic aspect if you will

Sumerian, Anu
Celtic Danu
Egyptian Nu
Greek Zeus
Roman Jupiter
Scandinavian Odin
Aztec Cuculkahn
Maya Quetzlcoatl

Now here is something I have not yet seen taken into consideration. I will not postulate my finding here to be superior research work over professionals, I simply haven’t seen this correlation.

The territories that stand close together in geophysical proximity have great similarity in names for their “all father”. Sumaria close to Egypt Anu, and Nu. Egypt being slightly closer to Celtia Danu, and not too far from the Greeks Zeus then with the Romans having to romanticise everything JU(piter)The scandanavians being further north and farther from the rest of the continent of Europe and Asia Minor territories, have Odin.

The Aztecs and Maya were not that far off from one another, slightly different names, as they were different times, and different dialectical languages, which leads one to wonder how the Inca’s came up with the name Inti. (that’s another paper)

The oldest known being about equal are the Egyptians and the Sumerians. Anu and Nu were recognised as the all fathers here. And like all the afore mentioned cultures, both came with their people from the stars. (or heavens if you will but they are one in the same) We know these gods, through history, and study, that the majority of these gods came with guardians.

These guardians are often depicted as large, or giant beings with (and this is also universal) serpent, or alligator/crocodile heads. Or they were just large and had reptilian-esque skin. Now perhaps this was a fad for people of earth back in those days, but one does have to ask themselves regardless of what side of the TSS they are on, How did these people coincidentally decide that lizards are cool enough to deify as holy guardians to these gods?

We see models of flying machines all over the scriptures of the ancient ones. We see carvings, fetishes, and cave paintings of these lizard-esque peoples representing gods, or guardians over homes, and in burial chambers of the old world ranging from snakes being drawn around a scene, to the alligator headed guardians of Sumer and Egypt to what I call the Juan-ti (D&D thing) holding her baby as a what looks to be a humanoid lizard person or something.

We see what can arguably be called evidence that these bringers if art, math and science were literally from other places. (um.. not locally here on earth) and at the same time we see how these same evidences can be arguably more mundane than not.

What intrigues me are not the paintings, the edifices, the artifacts, or even the primitive astronauts found all over the world as a blatant warning that we aren’t nor have we ever been alone, What intrigues me are the similarities in the names, and roles, of these gods throughout the globe. Mainly, with the Celts, the Egyptians, and Sumerians.

With these three in particular, and possibly from the Greek as well, is that they all came here the same way, and this also spans into the Americas, and Asia. All had come from the stars, and all left after a great battle. The only exception being the Tuatha de Dannan of the Celts (the latest and last).

We can go to every country and every continent all over the globe and see the same things. The gods come to remove a hostile and malevolent source of tyranny that are larger in size than the humans they oversee. A battle takes place for dominance. The gods teach science, art, astronomy, math and reading during their brief rule, there is a final battle, and the gods tell the people they will return. The only exception to this rule is the last dominion of the old gods, the land of the Celts.

cont'd

[edit on 9-11-2009 by stanlee]

posted on Nov, 8 2009 @ 06:23 PM
link   
The Tuatha de Dannan. Same entrance, large ships and this time, a really thick mist. This time the Ships were burned, by the owners, to ensure their stay. And the final oddity, Danu did not come with the Tuatha de Dannan. They battle the FirBolg, and eliminate their rulership. The FirBolg retaliate and lose, hence their departure from the lands. Blah blah blah teach science, art, math, astronomy, yada yada, a final battle with someone else trying to take over, they lose this one here too, and instead of leaving the people, they merely go into the earth to become the fey folk.

The entrances to their realm are the so called burial mounds we see throughout the UK. It is said to this day that on Samhain if a worthy person approaches the burial mounds, they are welcomed to visit the fey lands in the earth and learn from them.
My question to this is simple. If we were to dig the burial mounds throughout the UK Namely (Wales, England, Scotland, and Ireland) what would we find in there? If we were to dig up under the paws of Sphinx in Egypt what would we find?

Most likely bodies donning the armour and weapons of old. Here is my opinion, and thought. The one thing these gods taught that I have not mentioned, as I was saving it for this right here, is the afterlife. You leave this world with your needed possessions, and rise again. What would happen if we dig further in these mounds? My guess is we would find something else.

These dead bodies are in my thought placed there as they were noble warriors, and great hero’s who now lay to rest while still ‘on duty’ protecting the nether realms as gate keepers. Crazy I know, but we see this globally. This same practise. The sphinx alone is said to be the guardian of a secret chamber. What could be more frightful to the people in that day and age beyond the dead?

The funny thing to me are these two facts;
1) The Egyptian/Scandanavian/Sumerian gods said they would return.
2) wait a couple hundred years and the Egyptian civilisation comes from out of the blue. Centred around a couple of large objects recently discovered as being older than the Egyptian civilisation. Much older. Millions of years older.

The time lines being as different as they are, perhaps they did return in these areas. Starting in Sumer, the great revolt there took place, and they left saying they would return. Egypt (as the civilisation and culture sprang up literally from nowhere 3000 years ago,) Anu (IMO) becomes Nu. Same role and everything.

This could (to my earthly understanding) be the predecessor of Anu. Or Anu itself, if these gods are truly immortal. Egypt had its great battle, and lost, and then did the Tuatha de Dannan appear with the teachings of Danu. Danu in my opinion must have been the daughter of Anu, or Nu as Danu is female.

Cont'd

posted on Nov, 8 2009 @ 06:23 PM
link   
Now lets take this further. Lets say these gods are not dissimilar from us. Lets say they too have time lines, geneology, and breed as well. I think the family tree would look like the book of Names in the bible... or this:

Sumeria= Anu. Anu begets (the Aztecs)Cuculcahn. Cuculcahn begat (Egypt) Nu, Nu begat (Mayans) Quetzlcoatl, Quetzlcoatl Begat (Scandinavia) Odin/Tir (depending on which version of the Eddas you wish to follow) which brought an end to the pyramids and Odin/Tir (begat or quite possibly du to the time lines, Quetzlecoatl was the father of both Odin/Tir AND Danu) (The Celts) Danu. And its quite possible as well that Danu was named after her great grand father Anu, as we do see the conical pyramid burial mounds all over the UK from Wales to Scot/Ireland.

I do not neglect the fact that the Norse beliefs did travel into the Celtic lands as well all the way down to Germania. The Teutons. This is why I believe they are related as such, and Odin/Tir is the brother of Danu. AND they were the last two old god cultures to inhabit the earth. Odin left, saying he would return, and the Clan of Danu (Tuatha de Dannan) went into the earth, where her people are still believed to remain. (dead or alive.)

Who then was the sire of Anu? I have no idea. Probably the one that had the recent super ancient cities and mines built in southern Africa, and or Mars?
Now perhaps this is all coincidence, and these civilisations just happened, and the pyramids in South and Central America were merely by reason of a traveller to Egypt and everyone there agreed pyramids are cool etc. Ok. I will not discount that possibility.

Why then would I name this thread “The Old gods stir? I say this because of all the sightings in these respective lands that coincide with their arrival. Central/South America. Cuculkhan/Quetzlcoatl.. flying serpents. Over both Central and South America are these giant snake like things seen floating in day and night sky. They move as snakes move, and appear to be under intelligent control. (People on the opposing side of the Truth Seeker Spectrum (TSS)) I clearly did say APPEAR to be under....

Take the so called “Walson craft”. Many say its satellite, space junk, and or hoax. THats cool and all, but the same craft was spotted over Norway. I mention this because Odin was always on his Super fast “horse”, Sliepnir. This “Horse” (or method of transportation that slightly resembles a horse at a great distance to ill advanced eyes) was so fast it was said to have 8 legs. It could go from Gaul to Iceland in moments. (sounds like other things we hear about in modern UFOlogy) We see signs of their return every day all over the world (if you are on the accepting side of the TSS)

Sightings are going on worldwide, as the worlds dilemmas become more and more socially problematic. Perhaps the old gods are returning. Perhaps the Celts of Today will finally see Danu.
I mentioned before Danu did NOT come with the Tuatha de Dannan. My thought is because she was female she was not allowed to personally oversee the lands. The Celts were vicious warriors, and the FirBolg were even worse.

Perhaps her dad... Quetzlcoatl saw that area as being too violent and had her send her immediate underlings in her stead. Who knows? About the only thing I know for sure is that to my understanding, there is something going on globally, and something (perhaps relative to all these sightings) big is about to take place.
Thank you.
Stanlee

posted on Nov, 8 2009 @ 07:02 PM
link   
Stanlee....thank you very much for a really intriguing thread. I've read it a couple of times, but I'm so dog tired I can't think straight. There is something in what you write that makes me feel it is part of the truth, and that you've got it right...but I will have to sleep on it and process some more, I think...

I'm particularly interested in the idea that we have been taken into the Earth in the past, and I'm sure you're aware that this event has been chronicled in Native American history many times too. Do you have any theories on this? I will try and find linkies for you tomorrow. I found this article recently, and it also talks about various locations in Scotland and about the inhabitants of the inner Earth.

www.bibliotecapleyades.net...

You've caught my attention, and I hope you get more posts that make more sense than mine....
....I too feel insinctively that there is something massive in the works, a fundamental change or a reboot of the system, and have had warnings all over the place, but I can't pin it down to one event, or even a series of events. Just an urge to prepare and connect.

Star and flag from me....talk tomorrow, I hope.

Cait x

posted on Nov, 8 2009 @ 07:38 PM
link   
Super interesting, I too think you are on to something, I'll have to re-read this again but I've thought about the same thing when I found out about this history. Why is it that civilization's history all over the world relate to each other so much? I can definitely see where your going with this. keep it up. I wish I had more to add right now but I'll add it when it comes. starred and flagged.

posted on Nov, 8 2009 @ 11:54 PM
link   
I like where you are going OP, but can you please separate your paragraphs with indentation and a line break?

Thanks

posted on Nov, 8 2009 @ 11:59 PM
link   
reply to post by bananasam

LMFAO!!!! Actually I did. lol I just didnt go back into the thread to do this. also this is the rough draft of the actual paper. just wanted opinions on how it is so far. it goes so much further than even this.

there you go mate... I cant get the indentation feature to work but its nicely separated now. thank you for pointing this out. it should prove easier to read for other readers.
cheers

posted on Nov, 9 2009 @ 12:48 AM
link   
love your thread and definitely think you're on to something.

Makes ya think really...

but I'm to tired to think now, must sleep

posted on Nov, 9 2009 @ 04:45 AM
link   
By the same token, ancient writings around the world talk about a high civilization that existed that was destroyed in a series of cataclysms that shook the world (pole shift?). These same ancient writings then talk about beings often referred to as "shining ones" who visited various ancient settlements and helped them to evolve by teaching them various things. By the same token the ancient writings usually always refer to "wars amongst the gods" - whoever they were, from wherever they came, they were not an entirely peaceful species and it seems that their aggressive tendencies were passed down to the race of beings they had long ago created (us).

Many of these same ancient writings talk of the original creation being somehow "sullied" as a result of a rebel faction of this ET species mating with the original humans. We could deduce from this that certain genetic material was then introduced into the gene pool of the original creations, genetic material that was not intended to be part of our makeup for whatever reason. Perhaps the resultant genetic "boost" to the original humans acted in a way to overload our systems, meaning we had an imbalance - too much ET DNA perhaps ?

If we take an objective look at humankind it is not difficult to conclude there is something very wrong with the species - rape, murder, war, child abuse, torture, prostitution rings, honour killings, drug cartels, etc....a whole load of "bad" stuff goes on down here, perpetrated by human beings. There must be tens of millions of evil "crimes" going on across the world, every year. Perhaps these evil tendencies are a result of something within our genetic makeup .............?

I play devils advocate with my self sometimes and wonder if the "gods" are perhaps planning to genetically "fix" the human race - and perhaps the greys are instrumental in bringing these measures into place. On te surface of it what the greys do seems bad/wrong/evil but what if the creator gods know what's good for the human race, what if they know us better than we know ourselves and they are undertaking these genetic manipulations to prepare for a "new world" .

Left to our own devices down here human beings have proved how a streak of utter insanity exists amongst the species . What if the only way to achieve a peaceful world is to wipe out alot of the population and start over with a "new race" whose DNA has been fixed such that all evil tendencies have been eradicated along with perhaps predisposition to disease and illness and premature ageing...all "flaws" that could well have been unwittingly introduced into the gene pool back when the rebel group of ETs began mating with the original creations.

I sometimes think that the human species would actually thrive and evolve in leaps and bounds if tightly - yet benignly -controlled. We cannot as a species be trusted not to do "bad " things and so measures that on the surface of it seem like "big brother in action" may very well be necessary measures to help ensure order.

But I'm going off topic a little......

To conclude I'll just say that yes, it certainly seems as if the world is being readied for a return of the visitors . And if this visitors, like so many humans understand, know there is really no "death" then in the big scheme of things would it really matter if the majority of humankind "died" to make way for a better world......? "The needs of the many outweigh the needs of the few".....like I said, just playing devils advocate here.........

posted on Nov, 9 2009 @ 05:12 AM
link   
Interesting stuff.

I think what it may point at is a significant difference between when we think mankind evolved and when it actually did. I think that the similarities of all the religious legends may come from a single originating religion, that was around before before the breakup of the supercontinents, before man went off to the ends of the Earth. The offshoot religions then evolved as man went off and evolved seperate societies in other areas.

Of course, that would mean that man was intelligent and had been about for a few million years more than scientists think! So that's probably a non-starter...

posted on Nov, 9 2009 @ 05:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by stanlee

The time lines being as different as they are, perhaps they did return in these areas. Starting in Sumer, the great revolt there took place, and they left saying they would return. Egypt (as the civilisation and culture sprang up literally from nowhere 3000 years ago,) Anu (IMO) becomes Nu. Same role and everything.

Anu was a major deity in all Mesopotamian religions, from the Sumerians to later Akkadian and Babylonian mythologies. The cause of this, which is in support of close geographical locations as you proposed earlier, is the simple passing of tales via word of mouth or through texts, as these civilizations (Egyptians, Akkadians, Assyriands) came after the Sumerians.

As to the general idea you are proposing in this thread; people have always seen and associated 'bad times', or bad periods of time in human history with the actual 'end times' prophesied by their religions. Many in the past would look at new discoveries in science as signs that the end is approaching. If you actually consider the LEGIT UFO sightings, not those which can be debunked, but those that have had all alternative theories extinguished, you would find you are only left with a few. And with those few, no one really know's if they're legit or not. In a way, what I'm trying to say, UFO sightings are one of OUR 'end times' signs (not speaking for myself), whether they be legit or not.

Starred for your efforts though.

[edit on 9/11/2009 by serbsta]

posted on Nov, 9 2009 @ 05:57 AM
link   
Excellent material to ignite cerebral activity if one is capable. Correlations and similarities come very close to opening up a whole new world. Unfortunately this nation has been so (dumb down) by our "so called leaders"......(thats a f**king dangerous joke) that a large number both young and old could not appreciate your incite into parts of humanities heritage. Incredible and extremely thought provoking. Thank you for your time.

posted on Nov, 9 2009 @ 06:06 AM
link   
Very cool thread! I like how you put some thought on this, starting from the creation of the TSS.

Could you give a brief summary of all the content you are putting in your paper? I'm curious to know what else you have in mind relating to this topic.

Anyhow, I have my own take on all of this. I agree that there is definetly a correlation going on that hints us that there is more then we currently understand. Or in other words, I do think its very plausible that these Gods are real entities and of extra-terrestrial origins.

But here is where my ideas are a little different and one even may say that they are more twisted then any other idea. I simply cannot believe that such advanced species would be as agressive as what we make them to be. I am unable to see how a spacial travelling species would be having wars as a commonality. In my perspective they would be long destroyed before achieving the technology they have with this agressive behavior.

So how did they actually behave and why do people see them as being so dangerous and ferocious? I seriously believe that they are all just "playing around" with humanity. Jokers, screwing with us just for fun. Earth is a playground for them. But they don't feel guilty about it because they actually helped us a lot in our evolution. Okay okay, maybe this sillyness of them created A LOT of suffering for us humans. But then we have to ask, isn't this suffering actually the catalyst for evolution? The more suffering the faster we are prone to evolve. That is if we are really the fittest and are meant to perpetuate.

In my perspective only a fool would think that such great entities would lose themselves in anger, shame and pride. And that is exactly what we humans are, fools.

posted on Nov, 9 2009 @ 06:13 AM
link   
S&F for this thread!

This is something that I have often thought about since I was a teenager. It seems perfectly feasable to me that the Gods were ETs and that for some reason we may never understand, they either ruled over and enslaved us, or guided and protected us. I have always found this more convincing than the whole God being an invisible, yet all powerful and all knowing deity. There were too many holes in that story for me (I actually got kicked out of Sunday School for asking too many awkward questions as a kid, lol).

Either way, I don't know for sure whether this is true or not, so I'm going to keep an open mind, but it's definitely the way I've been leaning for many years now.

posted on Nov, 9 2009 @ 08:14 AM
link   

The territories that stand close together in geophysical proximity have great similarity in names for their “all father”. Sumaria close to Egypt Anu, and Nu. Egypt being slightly closer to Celtia Danu, and not too far from the Greeks Zeus then with the Romans having to romanticise everything JU(piter)

JU en.wiktionary.org...

JE(zeus) en.wiktionary.org...

SUS en.wiktionary.org...

(JESUS)

posted on Nov, 9 2009 @ 08:16 AM
link   
reply to post by stanlee

I do think the Old Gods are returning, to much is happening a sif to prepare us and the world. Not to mention the reports of the tall men at the stargate in the Andes coming out to take readings then going back in.

Let's hope they don't destroy us and start it all over again.

posted on Nov, 9 2009 @ 08:22 AM
link   
reply to post by Geladinhu

well I guess a brief summary is this: these cultures,, with the exception of the celtscame from literally no where, and seemingly over night. its not that a town popped up in some remote distance, its that they were fully social, and came equipped with things like law, mathematics, ethics, etc... things that take societies time to achieve. THe Sumerians were my favourites though. like the egyptians thousands of years later, they came armed with a form of writing that has no roots. Cuniform, like the heiroglyphics of south america and egypt came from nowhere. One can look at the heiroglyphs world wide and see how they are relative to said object, or said person. Cuniform does not work like this and above and beyond that these same three cultures not only came from nowhere, (Sumerian/Egyptian/South AMerican) they came with again law. they also came with art. Literature, philosophy. math and astronomy.

then all the early civilisations have the same begin times, and the same end times. my question as ET did not have a hand in our civilisations, why, if at all, then? Who were these master races? do they infact have something to do with the artifacts on Mars? and do they have something to do with the recent finds in southern Africa. which ,as I have discovered last night has more to do with all this than I previously thought.

posted on Nov, 9 2009 @ 08:28 AM
link   
One quick point, as much as I like to delve into the creation myths of our ancients I think that a people under pressure, who in effect are being deposed from their place in history see their demise as proof that the gods are deserting/leaving them.
The gods promise to return is, to their followers, a promise that their society will once again rise to prominence.
As we have seen, this just isn't the case. A promise to return, in all cases (even in Christ's) has proven to be an empty promise as time rolls by and the old gods do not reappear.
I think ultimately this has so much to do with humans who long for stasis, and nothing to do with the idea that old gods will actually return, or even exist.
Ultimately, the stories that humans created to make sense of their world, serve as a mirror. The only truth to be taken from them is what we can learn about ourselves and the sadness that comes from watching our worldviews slowly or quickly die.

posted on Nov, 9 2009 @ 08:32 AM
link   
reply to post by cosmicpixie

I dont altogether agree with you, though partly. I keep hearing and reading bad things said about humans, and then notice the world they live in, the illegal pyramid power structure that keeps them not only deprived and abused, but traumatizes them in their mind, body and soul and cuts them off from their answers, their right hemispheres. I guess you can pretty much look at good families, ie. an middle class family in Scandinavia, with intelligent, seeking parents to see that their children none of these things. It takes a lot of chaos, and inequality and war, disease, cia drug trafficking and crimes against humanity to break people.

Yes I think that dna and genetic healing would be lovely, as long as its not something thats being down, as Vrill is, with a nazi eugenics program, and a very male/macho oriented one at that. It does make me question the entire structure of the universe and have been sending out some prayers/affirmations and visualizations for all corrupt leaders everywhere to step down unconditionally, for everyone in the cosmos to be free and for mothers and grandmothers to begin to shine the light and the way.

posted on Nov, 9 2009 @ 08:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by stanlee
reply to post by Geladinhu

well I guess a brief summary is this: these cultures,, with the exception of the celtscame from literally no where, and seemingly over night. its not that a town popped up in some remote distance, its that they were fully social, and came equipped with things like law, mathematics, ethics, etc... things that take societies time to achieve. THe Sumerians were my favourites though. like the egyptians thousands of years later, they came armed with a form of writing that has no roots. Cuniform, like the heiroglyphics of south america and egypt came from nowhere. One can look at the heiroglyphs world wide and see how they are relative to said object, or said person. Cuniform does not work like this and above and beyond that these same three cultures not only came from nowhere, (Sumerian/Egyptian/South AMerican) they came with again law. they also came with art. Literature, philosophy. math and astronomy.

They did not come out of nowhere, please do more thorough research before resulting to such drastic claims. Read the works of Samual N. Kramer, a world renowned Assyriologist. He states that there were many tribes in the area who were on the brink of civilization for thousands of years.

Edit: Here's a followup question. What kind of evidence would you look for to substaniate claims of an evolving society and not just one that popped up 'over night'?

Would you look for really small, badly developed buildings?
- No, they would have been rebuilt by an advancing society.

Would you look for half developed languages?
- No, that wouldn't make sense would it.

How do you know that law and ethics just popped up 'over night'?

[edit on 9/11/2009 by serbsta]

<<   2  3  4 >>

join