It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What have we done?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 7 2009 @ 02:13 PM
link   

Original Music Video

To get a better understanding of what I am talking about, watch the music video. Embedding isn't allowed because it is from Universal Music Group and there being stupid with copyrights.

Lyrics to Handlebars :
I can ride my bike with no handlebars
No handlebars
No handlebars

No handlebars
No handlebars

Look at me, look at me
hands in the air like it's good to be
ALIVE
and I'm a famous rapper
even when the paths're all crookedy
I can show you how to do-si-do
I can show you how to scratch a record
I can take apart the remote control
And I can almost put it back together
I can tie a knot in a cherry stem
I can tell you about Leif Ericson
I know all the words to "De Colores"
And "I'm Proud to be an American"
Me and my friend saw a platypus
Me and my friend made a comic book
And guess how long it took
I can do anything that I want cuz, look:

I can keep rhythm with no metronome
No metronome
No metronome

I can see your face on the telephone
On the telephone
On the telephone

Look at me
Look at me
Just called to say that it's good to be
ALIVE
In such a small world
All curled up with a book to read
I can make money open up a thrift store
I can make a living off a magazine
I can design an engine sixty four
Miles to a gallon of gasoline
I can make new antibiotics
I can make computers survive aquatic conditions
I know how to run a business
And I can make you wanna buy a product
Movers shakers and producers
Me and my friends understand the future
I see the strings that control the systems
I can do anything with no assistance
I can lead a nation with a microphone
With a microphone
With a microphone
I can split the atoms of a molecule
Of a molecule
Of a molecule

Look at me
Look at me
Driving and I won't stop
And it feels so good to be
Alive and on top
My reach is global
My tower secure
My cause is noble
My power is pure
I can hand out a million vaccinations
Or let'em all die in exasperation
Have'em all healed of their lacerations
Have'em all killed by assassination
I can make anybody go to prison
Just because I don't like'em and
I can do anything with no permission
I have it all under my command
I can guide a missile by satellite
By satellite
By satellite
and I can hit a target through a telescope
Through a telescope
Through a telescope
and I can end the planet in a holocaust
In a holocaust
In a holocaust
In a holocaust
In a holocaust
In a holocaust

No handle bars
No handlebars

No handlebars
No handlebars

I wanted to point out this song for one reason. Look at what is happening. Every technology we discover has been used for killing. Every technology we have made has been used for destruction also.

What have we let this world come to? We are letting everything we discover be used for evil. What a wonderful world it could be if we could focus our energies of killing on something better.

Why do we let this go on? Is there a way we can stop this madness?

Isn't horrible how normal half of this is? Isn't it horrible how this is a popular song, and people don't see the comparison.

Many songs lately have been made to have very eye opening lyrics.

We need to fix this world.

Mods, do not put this in the BTS music section, because this means something more than just the song.

[edit on 7-11-2009 by Phlynx]

posted on Nov, 7 2009 @ 02:17 PM
link   
Dont blame the people, we are powerless and have no control over what our countries are doing. Change the government is the best you can hope for, and the government is nothing more than desk clerks for the corporations. So you cant change the world by voting.
Specially since there is no real difference between parties.

The world looks the way it does because there is no responsibility to the people anymore. The power is in the hands of the bankers and the corporations. Nobody elected them to run the planet but they do.

[edit on 7-11-2009 by Copernicus]

posted on Nov, 7 2009 @ 02:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by Copernicus

Dont blame the people, we are powerless and have no control over what our countries are doing.

The world looks the way it does because there is no responsibility to the people anymore.

seems you are right, there is no responsibility but not TO the people...FROM the people. if the citizens of the nations of our world sit by and idly go about their meaningless, consumer driven lives then they deserve the default government imposed on them by the people THEY elect to make decisions for them while they complain that congressman ___________ is ruining the country.

in fact, it is those who see the problems in our society yet insist on waiting for someone to do something that should really be blamed.

if YOU had unlimited power and money and people were begging you to control their lives (so they don't have to and still feel valid in whining about someone ruining their lives) wouldn't YOU take advantage? well, maybe not...but between the two 'mistakes' people are making, neither is the victim.

posted on Nov, 7 2009 @ 02:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by Copernicus

Dont blame the people, we are powerless and have no control over what our countries are doing. Change the government is the best you can hope for, and the government is nothing more than desk clerks for the corporations. So you cant change the world by voting.
Specially since there is no real difference between parties.

The world looks the way it does because there is no responsibility to the people anymore. The power is in the hands of the bankers and the corporations. Nobody elected them to run the planet but they do.

What I'm saying is we have let them take control. We have let them take the control right from us. So it is our fault.

posted on Nov, 7 2009 @ 02:33 PM
link   
reply to post by Phlynx

What I'm saying is we have let them take control. We have let them take the control right from us. So it is our fault.

We were never in control

Peace.

posted on Nov, 7 2009 @ 02:46 PM
link   
reply to post by Phlynx

Entirely agree. We allowed ourselves to be fooled, time and time again. We allowed ourselves to be cultured and conditioned. We allowed corporations to get as big as they did.

Men have less than half the testosterone counts that they did a couple generations ago. It drops a little more each year. We're pacified babies. Overworked, malnourished, undereducated, amoral & feminized.

If not now, when? I see no end to this insanity. It's all down hill from here.

posted on Nov, 7 2009 @ 03:46 PM
link   
It is the fundamental flaw in democratic governments ... sooner or later people learn how to play the game and then they start playing for what they want... and down the line you inevitably have a king

posted on Nov, 7 2009 @ 04:21 PM
link   
It is most definitely OUR OWN fault. I see people growing a backbone soon however. For this, I am most excited.

posted on Nov, 7 2009 @ 04:43 PM
link   
I don't think it can be changed, no matter what kind of paradise carrot they try to dangle in front of the survivors.

This planet is ending. The toxins in our air and water have half lives of billions of years. It can't be simply 'cleaned up'. Nor can moving to some other location eliminate it.

This planet cannot be revived, cured, purified, restored to a paradise...whatever. This planet is in it's last throes. The only change we can make is within ourselves at this point. Love is all there is.

In my Father's house are many mansions: if it were not so, I would have told you. I go to prepare a place for you.

And if I go and prepare a place for you, I will come again, and receive you unto myself; that where I am, there ye may be also.

And whither I go ye know, and the way ye know.

posted on Nov, 7 2009 @ 04:55 PM
link   
Rage against the machine is better.

Seriously, it's an eminem clone, with a a political twist.

Immortal Tech does it much better:

posted on Nov, 7 2009 @ 05:12 PM
link   
reply to post by Phlynx

Since when have toothpicks been used for destruction and war? Or my little ponies? What about MP3 players? Has the loom been used for war too?

I get what your saying, and yes we do need to make it stop. You can't though, no one can because no one is willing to stand up against their governments anymore. You want to make it stop then become a domestic terrorist and raise your own army against the government. Once you've taken the current government out of power, replace it with a new one with laws put in place that stop it from growing to large and powerful.

Ah crap, we already did that with America, people just stopped giving a damn and forgot about the constitution and bill of rights.

Honestly, it'll never happen not withing the our lifetime that's for sure!

posted on Nov, 7 2009 @ 05:15 PM
link   
reply to post by Enrikez

the flobots have many other good songs such as; stand up, and rise.
they just say it how it is.

posted on Nov, 7 2009 @ 05:22 PM
link   
reply to post by Dave157

They may have, all I'm saying is that it's been done, is still being done and will always be done.

I don't mean to come across as a jerk or anything, but this is hardly thread worthy. If we made a thread everytime a mediocre song questions the establishment we'd be drowning in music videos.

I think the OP just likes the band and wanted to post the song.

posted on Nov, 7 2009 @ 05:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by Enrikez
reply to post by Dave157

They may have, all I'm saying is that it's been done, is still being done and will always be done.

I don't mean to come across as a jerk or anything, but this is hardly thread worthy. If we made a thread everytime a mediocre song questions the establishment we'd be drowning in music videos.

No, It isn't because I just like the song, it was because the music vdieo goes through a lot of what is going on today. I can't put up the music video because of UMG.

I also prefer this song over the song you did because it isn't saying curse words every five second.

posted on Nov, 7 2009 @ 05:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by Phlynx

reply to post by Dave157

No, It isn't because I just like the song, it was because the music vdieo goes through a lot of what is going on today. I can't put up the music video because of UMG.

I also prefer this song over the song you did because it isn't saying curse words every five second.

The videos I posted do the same thing as far as going through things that are going on today. I still don't think you are making your point very well IE you are not convincing me that this song and it's message is any different than thousands of others that are topically similar.

And as far as which songs are better, that's not what this is really about, as that is not very objective. Now, one or the other may be more effective to you or myself, but that's not really the issue here either. In other words, your preference or "my song is better than your song because I said so" doesn't move me much either.

You haven't even bothered to dissect any of the lyrics in the song to take any meaning from it or to explain what you think is so important about it either. This is one omission that leads me to believe that you just like the song and wanted to post it.

posted on Nov, 7 2009 @ 06:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by Phlynx

reply to post by Dave157

The videos I posted do the same thing as far as going through things that are going on today. I still don't think you are making your point very well IE you are not convincing me that this song and it's message is any different than thousands of others that are topically similar.

And as far as which songs are better, that's not what this is really about, as that is not very objective. Now, one or the other may be more effective to you or myself, but that's not really the issue here either. In other words, your preference or "my song is better than your song because I said so" doesn't move me much either.

You haven't even bothered to dissect any of the lyrics in the song to take any meaning from it or to explain what you think is so important about it either. This is one omission that leads me to believe that you just like the song and wanted to post it.

What I bothered to dissect is about the music video, not the song lyrics, but sense embedding is blocked for it, I can't put up the music video for everyone to see.

I never said my song was better then your song, I said I prefer my song because it doesn't have so much cursing. Please stop messing up a thread you don't like. If you talk on it so much, it will make it get more views because of posts, but if you don't talk on it, it will just die off if people don't like it.

posted on Nov, 7 2009 @ 06:57 PM
link   
reply to post by Phlynx

Then consider me helping you out

Either way, not a big deal. We just disagree.

posted on Nov, 7 2009 @ 08:06 PM
link   
Phlynx,
Please pardon me. It is not my intention to hijack your thread. I have been asked to quantify the following statement and I would like to give references to uphold my remark. Thank you.

Originally posted by Alethea
This planet is ending. The toxins in our air and water have half lives of billions of years. It can't be simply 'cleaned up'. Nor can moving to some other location eliminate it.

Some sources state that depleted uranium has a half life of 4.5 billion years.

Depleted uranium remains radioactive for literally billions of years, and over these long periods of time it will continue to produce all of its radioactive decay products; thus depleted uranium actually becomes more radioactive as the centuries and millennia go by because these decay products accumulate.

www.ccnr.org...

There are tons of articles on this very website which give greater detail on DU. Just type it into the search function. Youtube has some explicit videos on human mutations caused by coming into contact with the dust. If you read long enough, you will probably come to understand as I have, that the human race cannot continue.

Here is another article concerning unexploded H-bombs that are along various coastlines.

The steel case is undergoing corrosion by the seawater and will eventually begin to leak (the Russians evidently foresaw this and made the casings for their version of the Mark 15 hydrogen bomb from non-corrosive stainless steel). Because isotopes have an extremely long half life—713,000,000 years for uranium-235 and 4,510,000,000 years for uranium-238—the danger isn’t going away anytime soon. Hazardous radiation is being emitted 24 hours a day, seven days a week. Just because you can’t see it, doesn’t mean it isn’t there. Even a small dose can cause irreparable harm to your health.

www.fdungan.com...

Nobody knows for sure exactly how many derelict nuclear bombs are rolling about on ocean floors worldwide. In 1989, Greenpeace estimated the number to be 50. At least 11 of them belong to the United States. Of those, four definitely have live payloads. We know from the Bikini tests that 40 kilotons detonated in a lagoon can render an atoll uninhabitable for decades. When you consider that a single hydrogen bomb packs 10 to 1,000 times as much punch as a fission bomb, it is tantamount to criminal negligence to let such a device endanger an unsuspecting populace

ibid

top topics

join