It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why Muslim Maj Nader Hasan yelled Allhu Akbar

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 7 2009 @ 05:52 AM
link   
That's what America needs right now.. Hatred against muslims, so attacking Iran wont seem so wrong after all.. The gov. needs public approval, so they provide us a "good reason". axis of evil etc..

Same song different Maestro.

posted on Nov, 7 2009 @ 06:01 AM
link   

posted on Nov, 7 2009 @ 06:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by Violater1
I just finished reading the Quran,

Riiiight...
Or maybe you looked up some "killing" phrases on the Internet so you could lie to us all and say that you "just finished" reading the Quran... because this site has the EXACT same verses in the EXACT same order as your OP...

Source

Freaky coincidence?
Well, I for one, don't believe you've ever seen a Quran, much less read one.

Interestingly, the MSM isn't even mentioning the religion of the guy who went on a shooting spree in Florida yesterday...

Originally posted by neformore
Its like sanity just goes out of the window, and instead the rabid slavering pack dogs come out in search of a need to try and slam anything Islamic

Take away the word Islamic and you've just described most threads on ATS lately. It's disheartening, to say the least.

posted on Nov, 7 2009 @ 07:10 AM
link   
The OP is entitled to his opinion that Islam incites hatred and violence. Anyone else who disagrees, muslim or otherwise, are also entitled to state that they don't think islam incites hatred. The vast majority of muslims are fairly peaceful people wishing to have a happy existence, much like the majority of westerners.

I think it does incite hatred to some extent, more so than other religions, yet it also requires more than islamic texts for someone to commit acts of crime or terrorism.

If anyone wrote a non-religious book that stated killing a particular group of people is necessary, and that this group of people were of a lower class and that you should despise them, then there would be no argument against anyone suggesting that it incited hatred.

People should never confuse racism or discrimination with healthy debate about a religion, and no religion should ever get a free ride.

I own a copy of the Qu'ran and no I haven't read all of it because in my opinion it's just garbage. I have however opened random pages and read those, and it is simply anger & hatred towards non-believers & especially Jews. Yes, some of the phrases state Allah will do the murdering, but this can be interpreted that believers can do this in his name.

I have no idea why anyone would want to read this book everyday, as it can only negative effects to somebody's psychology. If you are told to hate a group of people so many times, you might begin to. All Muslim's are also demonised in the same way, but we shouldn't fall into the same trap and hate all muslims either. But humans tend to have these emotional and illogical frailties, so this anger & hatred inevitably resonates between certain muslims and certain westerners making the original problem worse.

[edit on 7-11-2009 by john124]

posted on Nov, 7 2009 @ 08:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by Benevolent Heretic

Riiiight...
Or maybe you looked up some "killing" phrases on the Internet so you could lie to us all and say that you "just finished" reading the Quran... because this site has the EXACT same verses in the EXACT same order as your OP...

Source

Freaky coincidence?

There are many sites that go out of their way to emphasise the violent passages of the Quaran. This is unfortunate because there are passages about peace and justice too. The problem is how the idea of self-defence is used to justify the killing of non-believers. Extremists capitalise on this notion of self-defence by convincing others that criticism of Islam or dishonouring Allah is an attack on Islam. As history shows, they have been pretty successful in brainwashing others to commit violent acts against innocent people.

Interestingly, the MSM isn't even mentioning the religion of the guy who went on a shooting spree in Florida yesterday...

Probably because that guy did not carry out his attacks in the name of religion. Saying this current example was not done in the name of religion is kind of like saying a guy who blows up a stem-cell research clinic while yelling "On the 6th day, GOD created man...On the 6th day, GOD created man...On the 6th day, GOD created man!" was not motivated by religious beliefs.

[edit on 7/11/2009 by Dark Ghost]

posted on Nov, 7 2009 @ 08:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by dooper
reply to post by ELECTRICkoolaidZOMBIEtest

Well, I doubt he just "snapped." You can "snap" and just shoot your own damned self.

Fine about those peaceful religions.

Islam is the bloodiest, and the only one in existence that commands its followers to kill all non-Muslims, until religion - all of it is for Allah alone.

Islam may be the most violent in reading, but in practise i think Christianity did the most violence. But again should not any violent act, be casted away regardless which book its written in?

Best regards

Loke.:.

posted on Nov, 7 2009 @ 08:24 AM
link   
reply to post by ELECTRICkoolaidZOMBIEtest

Sorry but Christians don't live by the old testament, we live by the new. Thanks for playing.

posted on Nov, 7 2009 @ 08:30 AM
link   
reply to post by dthwraith

So, you guys don't follow the Ten Commandments then?

posted on Nov, 7 2009 @ 08:32 AM
link   
reply to post by neformore

Could not agree more.

This mind set and current belligerency on ATS is going to destroy this site, sadly

posted on Nov, 7 2009 @ 08:48 AM
link   
reply to post by Violater1

It is unreal how easily one can construe/skew/misrepresent a belief system based on translations/interpretations that fits one owns opinion of a specific religion.

If the OP was right in his interpretation of Islam, majority of the billions of muslims around the world would be out murdering everyone. The reality is the majority of muslims who read the koran in the original classical arabic or in translations have a very different translation and interpretation of the book.

I request the OP to identify an average muslim or better yet source a muslim academic scholar and quote him the verses he highlighted, and see the reaction the OP receives.

Any and all religions can be misunderstood, skewed and be a source for fanatics. The OP should speak to the members of the KKK and the neo-nazi movement, and I guarantee they will quote directly from the bible to say their approach and interpretation is correct.

One should understand, spiritualism is what one needs to focus on and not religion. Organized religions always have flaws because the human interpretation of any spiritual verse over the course of time has been exploited. The icons of faiths (like Jesus, Moses, Mohammed) have all been ridiculed and new, misleading and outright lies about their lives and teachings are now being paraded in the mainstream as the real history.

It is not surprising we as humanity are in dire straits, spiritually, economically and socially. Why? because we have stopped thinking for ourselves, we are now being led with our fraternity type, ethnocentric thinking (We are the best, and they are the worst).

I think it should be a prerequisite for all students, to go through an intensive course in Anthropology in order to study and understand the fundementals in qualifying norms, cultures and faiths that exists in this world.

If for one we consider ourselves as only member of humanity, we would be ashamed of how uncivil, ignorant and hate-filled the majority of the global populace has become.

Here endeth the rant.

posted on Nov, 7 2009 @ 09:21 AM
link   
If indeed the reward is 72 virgins, I would hope it would not have been the gender of his preference.

I would like to see supporting evidence that this action was not a byproduct of religious influence.

Are acts of violence ever discouraged in the Quran at any time?

posted on Nov, 7 2009 @ 09:30 AM
link   
I dunno about the rest of you , call me crazy...but when someone yells "allahu akbar" before killing people , history tells me they are usually Muslim extremists performing Jihad... But hey , maybe I'm wrong.

posted on Nov, 7 2009 @ 09:41 AM
link   
Many Americans are useful idiots.

WE ARE FACING RADICAL ISLAM!!!!!!!

Of course his religion is going to be mentioned. This is not saying all muslims practice radical Islam. Some people try to be so politically correct it's scary.

We are facing an enemy that wants to control the souls of men. Radical Islam wants to tell you how to pray and who to pray to. They will kill as many Americans as they can.

Some people hate Israel so much they think its okay for a religious zealot like Ahmadinejad to have nuclear weapons.

I think some Americans are truly useful idiots and they cry about people mentioning the guys religion but we are facing radical Islam idiots. The Jews are not trying to make the whole world worship King David by cutting peoples heads off because they don't agree with their religion.

posted on Nov, 7 2009 @ 10:23 AM
link   
reply to post by spellbound

How about the born again christianity? I mean it isn't a violent religion

[edit on 7-11-2009 by starwarsisreal]

posted on Nov, 7 2009 @ 11:05 AM
link   

Pick any religious book-the Bible,torah,koran,the vedas etc etc.
Then cherry pick a load of quotes to suit whatever claim it is you are making.
Any book can be made to represent peace,war,love,hatred depending on what quotes you select.
To say an entire religion is good or bad depending on a few quotes is misleading.
Do all muslims want a caliphate?No a few crazy ones do.
Do all christians want to initiate armaggedon?No a few crazy ones do.

posted on Nov, 7 2009 @ 11:19 AM
link   
The problem is that, while there is violence in all three books (Old Testament, New Testament, and Koran), Islam is the only religion in which a large proportion of the followers actually practice the violence. Violent extremists in Judaism and Christianity are numbered in the dozens, possibly the hundreds. Violent "extremists" in Islam number in the millions.

This guy didn't just "snap". He planned this massacre for at least a little while, got hold of the guns (or had them against the rules of the base), gave away some possessions, said some goodbyes. It wasn't like he just suddenly lost control and had a couple of pistols around that he used. It was planned, and he didn't expect to survive.

If he was chanting "Allah hu akhbar", then he was chanting the same thing that Muslim "extremists" chant when they fire a missile at unarmed civilians, shoot into a crowd, or otherwise kill. This doesn't prove Hasan was motivated by religious feelings, but it certainly offers a clue to that effect.

posted on Nov, 7 2009 @ 11:38 AM
link   
reply to post by chiron613

Its a cyclic thing-the Christians were huge in number during the crusades,now its the muslims turn to have more nut balls.
Same story all along though-leaders will use whatever holy book to give meaning to their wars,so they get more support from the masses.

You would have thought people would have worked that out by now,but theres always enough easily led goons about to whip into a religious frenzy for whatever war there leaders fancy.

Crazy Humans.

posted on Nov, 7 2009 @ 11:58 AM
link   

Christians terrorism

Buddhist terrorism

Hindu terrorism

Sikh terrorism

jewish terrorism

Whats your point? All religions have fanatics who don't mind killing themselves or others in the name of their God. All religions have people in them who preach hate and violence in the name of their God.

Don't know if this guy was a sleeper or not but despicable acts like this aren't the sole property of Radical Muslims.

[edit on 7-11-2009 by Isthisthingon]

posted on Nov, 7 2009 @ 12:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by Benevolent Heretic
Riiiight...

Source

Freaky coincidence?

I think you nailed it. Not only the EXACT same verses in the EXACT same order, but right down to the five periods before "..... martyrs....", and the four periods afterwards.

This OP never "finished reading the Quran", and has far more than likely never even opened the book. This is merely a copy/paste job from one of the countless online Muslim-bashing sources overgeneralizing the religion based on the actions of a few fanatical nutjobs.

[edit on 11/7/09 by redmage]

posted on Nov, 7 2009 @ 12:16 PM
link   
reply to post by redmage

Agreed, to single out Muslims as the 'violent religion' is just plain ignorant and I hardly believe that the OP read the whole Quran only to extract a few quotes including the ever wonderful "....." editing. To say that Muslims are violent and hate filled is preposterous considering...

A report from an American think-tank has estimated 1.57 billion Muslims populate the world...

source

But I know the intelligent folks of ATS are aware of this and are more open minded than the OP but I digress research is research, and everyone has the right to think what ever they want but to project that hate onto others...

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join