It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why Muslim Maj Nader Hasan yelled Allhu Akbar

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 7 2009 @ 12:24 PM
link   
reply to post by Solar.Absolution

Is it proposterous to say it is the most barbaric religion today?

Is it proposterous to say that it glorifies death?

posted on Nov, 7 2009 @ 12:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by mhc_70

Yes, feeding into the hate filled propaganda that MSM has been feeding North america for the better part of 30 years is PREPOSTEROUS. The same thing could be said about Christianity but I don't want to derail this thread so I'll leave it at that.

posted on Nov, 7 2009 @ 12:34 PM
link   

posted on Nov, 7 2009 @ 12:35 PM
link   
Nader Hasan plotted and carried out what he thought was a pathway to heaven. Life sucked for him and for him it was a totally selfish means to an end. While not a terrorist in the sense that we know them as Al Quida or Hamas, Hasan wanted to commit suicide. But Alas..! there was an out for him. If he could kill a bunch of infidels and scream praises to allah while doing it, he could go to heaven, get a harem of virgins, sweet wine, and spend eternity in total selfish bliss.

In the end Hasan is a murderer. He only got religious for allah when he decided to end his life anyway. A coward who could not handle life.

It pleases me that it was a woman who took him down, as in Islam they are considered cattle or at best slaves for the men.

-SNIP-

Mod Edit - To Remove Political Accusation.

(5) All other politically-charged trolling and sniping intended, in the opinion of our staff and topic participants, to derail discussion away from the issues are not allowed.

Reaffirming Our Desire For Productive Political Debate (REVISED)

[edit on Sat, 07 Nov 2009 14:09:48 -0600 by MemoryShock]

posted on Nov, 7 2009 @ 12:55 PM
link   
I have read quite a few religious books as they form a nice counterbalance to my scientific/analytical mind.

It's very easy to ignore some obvious words in a phrase to make the phrase sound the way you want it to, I have quoted the phrases you quoted from the Koran and highlighted your obvious omissions:

Allah is an enemy to unbelievers. – Sura 2:98

You could easily paraphrase this with any other god/demi-god, Christian unbelievers are essentially enemies to the believers of Christ no?

On unbelievers is the curse of Allah. – Sura 2:161

See my above statement...

Slay them wherever ye find them and drive them out of the places whence they drove you out, for persecution is worse than slaughter. – 2:191

I always found a theme in the Koran and it always referred to oppression, being victimized and being forced into situations of distress (and thus how a Muslim should respond).

But I am sure if you ask any other religious person e.g. a Christian or Jew they would agree the above statement does hold true in many situations such as war where another force is invading your homeland and persecuting you (I don't see that happening in the US).

Fight against them until idolatry is no more and Allah’s religion reigns supreme. (different translation: ) Fight them until there is no persecution and the religion is God’s entirely. – Sura 2:193 and 8:39

Surely a moral code for many religions including Christianity, defend one's religion, root out paganism (idolatry) / fight persecution (again most would say fighting persecution is moral/just).

Fighting is obligatory for you, much as you dislike it. – 2:216 Prescribed for you is fighting, though it is hateful to you.

Hmm suspicious translation my friend. I have few different versions of the Koran on my bookshelf, I have been told by a muslim friend the version by Yusuf Ali is the most authentic and modern version - I can't find that particular translation.

….. martyrs…. Enter heaven – Surah 3:140-43

Again many religions have similar tones, fighting for the cause of your god/gods and freeing your people from persecution will give you passage to heaven/wherever you are supposed to go.

If you should die or be killed in the cause of Allah, His mercy and forgiveness would surely be better than all they riches they amass. If you should die or be killed, before Him you shall all be gathered. – 3:157-8

Two phrases here, again dying for the cause of your god/gods so a similar theme to many other beliefs. Secondly he (god) is stating that if you are killed or die by some means then you will face him (I have confirmed 'gathered' means being restored back into your physical/temporal form standing before god).

You must not think that those who were slain in the cause of Allah are dead. They are alive, and well-provided for by their Lord. – Surah 3:169-71

Again this phrase is not dissimilar to many quotes I have read in books such as the Torah, the various Bibles, Buddhist scriptures and many other belief systems I have studied.

-------------

Now don't get me wrong, what that guy did is just insane, religion or no religion you cannot justify what he did and I was horrified when the body count started rising - why is the world going mad, every other day you read about some completely out of character event occurring and then to add more salt to the wounds, I read about another shooting in the US...

The mind boggles trying to think what this guy was conjuring up in his mind. I am a computer scientists by trade so I always follow my scientific and analytical instincts but I couldn't make head or tail of why this guy did what he did.

But what really puzzled me was facts and figures were being so wildly distorted starting with 3 shooters, ending up with 1 shooter and then him suddenly becoming a muslim - why torture the information like this?

posted on Nov, 7 2009 @ 01:07 PM
link   
The reference to the Bible should be left out of this discussion, because it is
only history, but not our law, contrary to the countries of origen of the
Jihadists, where the Qur´an and the Sharia are replacing the constitution.

Belief has no place in our constitutions, as it is not based on facts but rather
on trust of something being true.

That is why Western governments have abolished the term blasphemy.

Our Western governments are secular after a clear separation of religion
from the state.

The Ten Commandments are only a guide-line supporting our constitutions,
but not contradicting it. They do not call for hate or crime.

Since Christianity has a papal system, it has corrected itself and has
evolved over the centuries, while Islam without such will forever be rigid.

posted on Nov, 7 2009 @ 01:16 PM
link   
He didn't snap...He did it in the name of islam or allah (not capitalized because neither word deserves such respect).

Here's a link to one of his blog postings. For me this pretty much sums it up.

Look, these people can claim all they want about it being a "peaceful" religion. If that's the case why are world leaders and leaders of this religion always talking about killing and destroying other religions i.e. infedels?

www.securitymanagement.com...

There was a grenade thrown amongs a group of American soldiers. One of the soldiers, feeling that it was to late for everyone to flee jumped on the grave with the intention of saving his comrades. Indeed he saved them. He inentionally took his life (suicide) for a noble cause i.e. saving the lives of his soldier. To say that this soldier committed suicide is inappropriate. Its more appropriate to say he is a brave hero that sacrificed his life for a more noble cause. Scholars have paralled this to suicide bombers whose intention, by sacrificing their lives, is to help save Muslims by killing enemy soldiers. If one suicide bomber can kill 100 enemy soldiers because they were caught off guard that would be considered a strategic victory. Their intention is not to die because of some despair. The same can be said for the Kamikazees in Japan. They died (via crashing their planes into ships) to kill the enemies for the homeland. You can call them crazy i you want but their act was not one of suicide that is despised by Islam. So the scholars main point is that "IT SEEMS AS THOUGH YOUR INTENTION IS THE MAIN ISSUE" and Allah (SWT) knows best.

Phil

posted on Nov, 7 2009 @ 01:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by Solar.Absolution

Originally posted by mhc_70

Yes, feeding into the hate filled propaganda that MSM has been feeding North america for the better part of 30 years is PREPOSTEROUS. The same thing could be said about Christianity but I don't want to derail this thread so I'll leave it at that.

Talk about propaganda, now thats some spin there!

What you percieve as propaganda is actually a consequence of the barbaric principles used on offenders of Islam. The provactative methods of dismemberment and executions/crucifixtions drive the MSM ratings, but thats the intention. That way the blame is easier to deflect.

posted on Nov, 7 2009 @ 02:12 PM
link   
This was an Islamist suicide bombing with an intended multiplier effect.

He "saved" the lives of 13 x X fellow Muslims, X being the statistical average
of Muslims killed by foreign occupational troops.

A number of Muslims can be considered potential sleepers, as all Muslims
consider themselves followers of Allah first and nationals second.

posted on Nov, 7 2009 @ 02:18 PM
link   
This religion in selfish plane and simple. I see Christian churches all the time doing for the community. Always donating time and money. There is a mosque near where I live and they do NOTHING to support the community, NOTHING! My neighbor goes there at least twice a day to pray blah blah blah. All of them are Doctors and such with plenty of $$$ but give nothing to the community.

Disclaimer: I prescribe to no religion but grew up in America with their Christian values.

To answer the OP's question...He yelled it becuase he was killing the troops in the name of alah.

He was selfish...He couldn't go over and support the killing of his fellow alah lovers and he didn't have the nads to kill himself (wouldn't get the virgins blah blah blah).

I sure hope he doesn't die in the hospital so he can go to Levenworth and get some justice from some prisoners. Can you imagine what some incarcerated vets are going to do to this guy?

Edit: S&F OP!

Phil

[edit on 7-11-2009 by Philalethes]

posted on Nov, 7 2009 @ 02:53 PM
link   
Whatever went into his head repeatedly, went into his heart repeatedly.
Good in = Good out.
Embracing and finding purpose and justification requires internalizing.
He consumed the teachings, he became the teachings,
he acted on the teachings.
Snapped? I would go along with that if it was spontaneous for sure,
but from the information given so far, it would seem that he made a decision with enough time to change his mind, and its obvious he didnt change his mind.
His behavior went unquestioned, unchallenged prior.
His complaints if any went unaddressed.
His problems were not remedied.
His teachings over came his enlisted duty and common sense.
He obviously fell back on or felt driven back to the only option that held for him the validation for his existence.....
His core belief, His teachings.
If they are violent teachings = violent acts.
So it can be argued till theres no more air to breathe but do we not become what we are taught? Do we not become conditioned?
Allah Akbar ????????
Praise Jesus???????
Praise the lord??????
Whatever???????

Heaven has to be a pretty bloody place.

[edit on 7-11-2009 by HappilyEverAfter]

posted on Nov, 7 2009 @ 03:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by ELECTRICkoolaidZOMBIEtest
reply to post by dooper

the bible commands the murder of believers of different gods too.
www.biblegateway.com...:2-7&version=NIV

[edit on 7-11-2009 by ELECTRICkoolaidZOMBIEtest]

Cracks me up when people quote the part of the Bible where unbelievers were executed about 3500 years ago. Same people say that the Bible is a fantasy.

Frankly, I would love to see you find any Christians today who are executing Muslims.

The text you are quoting is about Hebrews who turned to idols. Today, Muslims kill Muslims who convert to Christianity. Christians, however, do not kill Christians who convert to Islam. Christ said love your neighbors, bless those who despitefully use you and persecute you. I don't hear any of that from Muslims. I would not want a neighbor who was giving me a choice to convert or die. Muslims do that when they have the upper hand.

That being said, we do have our occasional crackpot that hits the abortion clinics.

Besides, Muhammad is dead and Christ is alive.

[edit on 7-11-2009 by Jim Scott]

posted on Nov, 7 2009 @ 04:14 PM
link   
reply to post by ELECTRICkoolaidZOMBIEtest

The scripture you selected was one cheesy comparison.

Islam is the only religion to command killing of ALL non-Muslims. Islam also has specific instructions for those who would violate the commands of Islam.

The Old Testament scripture was a death sentence for those who would bow and worship another God - clearly a means of punishment.

Neither Jewish law, nor Christianity teach kill non-believers.

Islam alone requires killing of all non-believers.

Next time you pick an analogy or retort for identical things - pick something whereby apples are compared to apples, and not comparing apples to impressionist paintings.

posted on Nov, 7 2009 @ 04:26 PM
link   
The best way to put it is that Islam is still in the Old Testament...

It's incompatible with any modern religions or world views.

posted on Nov, 7 2009 @ 04:33 PM
link   
thats racist,.

posted on Nov, 7 2009 @ 04:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by Violater1

Allah is an enemy to unbelievers. – Sura 2:98

On unbelievers is the curse of Allah. – Sura 2:161

Slay them wherever ye find them and drive them out of the places whence they drove you out, for persecution is worse than slaughter. – 2:191

Fight against them until idolatry is no more and Allah’s religion reigns supreme. (different translation: ) Fight them until there is no persecution and the religion is God’s entirely. – Sura 2:193 and 8:39

Fighting is obligatory for you, much as you dislike it. – 2:216 Prescribed for you is fighting, though it is hateful to you.

….. martyrs…. Enter heaven – Surah 3:140-43

If you should die or be killed in the cause of Allah, His mercy and forgiveness would surely be better than all they riches they amass. If you should die or be killed, before Him you shall all be gathered. – 3:157-8

You must not think that those who were slain in the cause of Allah are dead. They are alive, and well-provided for by their Lord. – Surah 3:169-71

To be honest, this all sounds just like the old testament.

"Slay them wherever ye find them and drive them out of the places whence they drove you out, for persecution is worse than slaughter. – 2:191"

--this could be summed up as 'An eye for an eye".

"Fight against them until idolatry is no more and Allah’s religion reigns supreme. (different translation: ) Fight them until there is no persecution and the religion is God’s entirely. – Sura 2:193 and 8:39"

=='thou shalt not worship false idols'.

Etc...

posted on Nov, 7 2009 @ 04:34 PM
link   
The following is my opinion as a member participating in this discussion.

Originally posted by HunkaHunka
The best way to put it is that Islam is still in the Old Testament...

It's incompatible with any modern religions or world views.

And yet...

Some of the views expressed in this thread about Islamic people are straight out of the Old Testament, aren't they?

The intolerance, the hate, the judgemental attitudes. Condemnation of a group....calls for hell fire and brimstone....

As an ATS Staff Member, I will not moderate in threads such as this where I have participated as a member.

posted on Nov, 7 2009 @ 04:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by dooper
reply to post by ELECTRICkoolaidZOMBIEtest

Yeah, right. His being a Muslim has nothing to do with it.

I guess him yelling "Allahu Akbar," Allah is the Greatest is an old Zorastrian chant, right?

No worse than the human sacrifices at Bohemian Grove. I'd venture to say that the muslim terrorists are funded heavily by the satanic freemasonic cabal with the guiding hands of the illuminati.

posted on Nov, 7 2009 @ 04:42 PM
link   
reply to post by spellbound

Not to get all religious but Jesus only tought peace and love.

posted on Nov, 7 2009 @ 04:53 PM
link   
Listen his own peers believe it was motivated by his radical beliefs,

Fort Hood shooting: Texas army killer linked to September 11 terrorists

www.telegraph.co.uk...

Major Nidal Malik Hasan worshipped at a mosque led by a radical imam said to be a "spiritual adviser" to three of the hijackers who attacked America on Sept 11, 2001.

Hasan, the sole suspect in the massacre of 13 fellow US soldiers in Texas, attended the controversial Dar al-Hijrah mosque in Great Falls, Virginia, in 2001 at the same time as two of the September 11 terrorists, The Sunday Telegraph has learnt. His mother's funeral was held there in May that year.

The preacher at the time was Anwar al-Awlaki, an American-born Yemeni scholar who was banned from addressing a meeting in London by video link in August because he is accused of supporting attacks on British troops and backing terrorist organisations.

Text
But Richard had previously argued with Hasan when he said that he felt the "war on terror" was really a war against Islam, expressed anti-Jewish sentiments and defended suicide bombings.

"I asked Richard whether he believed that Hasan was motivated by religious radicalism in his murderous actions," Mr Pasha said.

"Richard, with great sadness, said that he believed this was true. He also believed that psychological factors from Hasan's job as an army psychiatrist added to his pathos. The news that he would be deployed overseas, to a war that he rejected, may have pushed him over the edge.

"But Richard does not excuse Hasan. As a Muslim, he finds Hasan's religious perspectives to be fundamentally misguided. And as a soldier, he finds Hasan's actions cowardly and evil." Text

Richard was his friend and Muslim convert.

[edit on 043030p://bSaturday2009 by Stormdancer777]

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join