It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Universe Picture that took 4 months to take!

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+56 more 
posted on Nov, 3 2009 @ 09:59 PM
link   

Universe Picture that took 4 months to take!

img19.imageshack.us

A unique look at our universe.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Nov, 3 2009 @ 09:59 PM
link   
A really neat picture of our universe. If you click on it once it will zoom in and then just scroll down. After looking at this it boggles my mind! I mean really, how in the world can our brains absorb all that information. The universe is to big to ever understand completly. I like the part that said modern physics would not allow the galaxy to exist.

img19.imageshack.us
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Nov, 3 2009 @ 11:08 PM
link   
I have never ever seen a picture or website that posted actual comparisons of stars like that!!! flag n star for the creator of this thread
im giving this 3 thumbs up, becuase im a HUGE astronomy fan.... i ahd no idea arcturus was tha big! the entire solar system is only a slit bar on the scren..that is one huge ball of fire! The same with Pollux! unbelivable scaling...

+7 more 
posted on Nov, 3 2009 @ 11:21 PM
link   
Er,dont like to be a party pooper but its been on ATS for ages and I use a slice for my side bar picture
But very much agree it really puts things in perspective doesnt it?
Oh and S&F to you for showing it

[edit on 3/11/09 by Moreonethananyone]

posted on Nov, 3 2009 @ 11:23 PM
link   
Awesome Find! Star & Flag! That's a great interactive photo!
Thanks for posting this up for us to enjoy! The vastness of our Universe astounds and amazes.

Synth

posted on Nov, 4 2009 @ 12:22 AM
link   
Nice illustration first the size of atoms thread made me feel big, now this makes me feel really small!

Just imagine all the possibilities yet to explore out there.

posted on Nov, 4 2009 @ 12:33 AM
link   
These are my 2 favorite photos of the universe. You can spend hours looking through these.

home.exetel.com.au...

home.exetel.com.au...

posted on Nov, 4 2009 @ 01:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by nepafogo
These are my 2 favorite photos of the universe. You can spend hours looking through these.

home.exetel.com.au...

home.exetel.com.au...

Wonderful images there, thanks.

posted on Nov, 4 2009 @ 03:03 AM
link   
i had never seen that picture before, what a trip. its crazy to think that as much as it feels like it put things in perspective, in reality its impossible to really understand how small we really are

posted on Nov, 4 2009 @ 03:37 AM
link   
That is an amazing picture..... truly amazing.

posted on Nov, 4 2009 @ 08:17 AM
link   
Utterly amazing!

This truely puts into perspective how small our solar system is.

posted on Nov, 4 2009 @ 08:48 AM
link   
Awesome, simply awesome.

posted on Nov, 4 2009 @ 09:21 AM
link   
Thank you, very informative picture.

posted on Nov, 4 2009 @ 09:59 AM
link   
absolutely gobsmacking jawdropping picture. And people say we are alone?? haha!!!

S+F

posted on Nov, 4 2009 @ 10:00 AM
link   
Amazing pics. I have a question though, if VY Canis Majoris is the largest known star and only 4900 light years away, why exactly are we not able to see it with our naked eyes and why are we not able to feel its effects? Has it not existed for 4900 years yet for its light to reach us??? Even if it takes 4900 years for light to reach us from it what do you think would happen in the situation its visible considering the fact that its sooo huge. Any astronomers here who can help me out???

posted on Nov, 4 2009 @ 10:10 AM
link   
It almost makes me sick to my stomach to think how infinitesimally small we are in comparison to the rest of the universe.

But at the same time, it also makes me laugh, and gives me an astounding sense of wonder! To think: what are the odds that our teeny-tiny little solar system came into existence at just the right time, that it would eventually be the womb of the only known forms of life (as far as we know it), in this section of our tiny little galaxy. But at the same time, just going on the size of our galaxy alone, there MUST be more life out there. The universe is too large NOT to contain some other forms of life!

Unfortunately, viewing this has made me slightly doubt my hope that the human race will ever contact another form of intelligent life. I certainly hope that I am proven wrong in my doubts.

posted on Nov, 4 2009 @ 10:26 AM
link   
reply to post by poling2482

This picture is amazing. There is now way we are alone in the universe. The case can be made that we have not been contacted but after looking at this I beleive there is a 100 percent chance that some sort of life exist out there.

posted on Nov, 4 2009 @ 10:56 AM
link   
wow thats a really cool photo

star and flag for you

posted on Nov, 4 2009 @ 11:12 AM
link   
Look at that Canis Majoris star!
It's a monster!

If Earth was to orbit around it up close we would only see a huge wall of fire with no end at the one side of the planet.
I wonder how many planets orbit it. Maybe 100? How about moons in system? Maybe more than 1000?

Amazing!

Imagine what rare elements we can find if only we could travel there.

posted on Nov, 4 2009 @ 11:17 AM
link   
Lol, I see a new thread about that picture at least three times a year. People should really look first. Anyhow, that doesn't lessen the lesson that picture invokes.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join