It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Let's quit paying our taxes during the Year!

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 3 2009 @ 03:35 AM
link   
Here is a good legal way to tell our government how we feel. I read a thread about how California is taking an extra 10% out of peoples withholdings.

Let's all change our w-4 withholdings to either exempt or 9 deductions. This is totally legal. If you want to check it out, just call a place like H&R Block. I use to do this all the time. Put your money in a Local Community Credit Union, that way the Corrupt Banks will not get any of it. Now if you want, on April 15 send in your taxes, of course their may not be any reason for this if the economy tanks like everyone is predicting.

JUST AN IDEA!

posted on Nov, 3 2009 @ 04:37 AM
link   
a lot of people suggest doing this, and as far as i know no one has tried it, not even the advocates for not paying taxes. it's hard to get behind an idea that will end in federal prison that the proponents for wont participate in.

posted on Nov, 3 2009 @ 05:59 AM
link   
No, you won't land in prison. It's totally legal, you'll just have to pay it when you file. Now if you don't pay THAT then you'll go to prison. If they find you.

posted on Nov, 3 2009 @ 06:14 AM
link   
I like the idea of everyone in America going to local credit unions anyways. You have to understand something. Our tax system is so set into the scheme of gov't control, that we can't escape it. No matter what we do. You will goto jail if you don't pay taxes.

But you got to remember this: Everyone and their mom is using online banking, from major banks, or mobile banking for their bills to get paid.

If even 50% of Americans were serious about taking back control of this great country, you would see alot more vested interest in local, small banks or credit unions. But instead, you see people scared, like sheep running from a pack of wolves.

I feel bad for those that can't see what's coming. I.e., this new copenhagen treaty, cap and trade, etc,etc.

Sorry for getting off topic, OP.

posted on Nov, 3 2009 @ 06:35 AM
link   
If I did something like that,I know I would end up in prison,making
new "friends".

posted on Nov, 3 2009 @ 09:50 AM
link   
reply to post by endisnighe

Those are some taxes we pay, that you suggest we try to get around.

Every time you purchase something you pay a tax. There are taxes on property, taxes for the internet, cable, phone service.......on and on.......

What you suggest is the tip of the iceberg.

Do you really want to do what you suggest, and then pay $8.00 for a $2.00 loaf of bread, with the other $6.00 going for taxes?

If they can't get it one way, they will figure out another!

posted on Nov, 3 2009 @ 09:59 AM
link   

Its legal for someone not to pay until April 15th, but there will be a penalty accessed and you chances of an audit go up exponentially. Oh, and while it is legal for people to wait paying their taxes until April 15th, it is illegal for you to advise them to not pay taxes or delay paying their taxes. Theoretically, everyone that listened to you, could sue you for the penalty they were accessed by the IRS and the audit costs, and the authorities could charge you for a multiple of things ranging from offering tax advice while being unlicensed, to encouraging tax evasion. My point is, I would not encourage people to incur penalties and interest, nor would I personally do it.

posted on Nov, 3 2009 @ 09:59 AM
link   
Go into business, form a LLC, or inc. and write eveything off.
Just like the big boys. It's easy, legal, and the American way.

Form an off shore account like the super rich to hide your money.

All the resources are right under your fingertips.

posted on Nov, 3 2009 @ 10:03 AM
link   
Ok I am all for it. I have quit a year a go. I make under the threshold to file anyways. I always like sticking to the man!

posted on Nov, 3 2009 @ 10:12 AM
link   
reply to post by dreamseeker

You have to file regardless if you are under the threshold to pay. Legally speaking if you don't file for 3 years in a row its a felony.

posted on Nov, 3 2009 @ 11:07 AM
link   
if I file and I owe money is it a crime if I don't pay it? I will probably owe money. I don't have to file on my SS that isn't required. I work on commission and make only $1000 per year.
The government does not need anymore of my money. I paid into the tax system for 20 years. They are screwing me but not giving me a raise or SS and making it hard for me to find a job due to SS regulations.

[edit on 3-11-2009 by dreamseeker]

posted on Nov, 3 2009 @ 11:08 AM
link   
Ok, everyone that has said this is illegal, where are your links? I asked, if you did not believe, me to call someone like H&R Block.

THE SKY WILL FALL, You will go to prison, blah blah blah.

Way to go folks, way to prove me right. You are all slaves and wish to be slaves forever.

Show me the proof where this is not legal.

posted on Nov, 3 2009 @ 11:12 AM
link   

I do NOT want to be a slave. I have fought many times before. I am willing to fight the current system alone I might not do much but if a million people think like this maybe somehow a difference can be made.
Where would our founding fathersbe if they said we might break a law or we may get in trouble? we would be a british colony.
What if Martin luther King said there is nothing I can do or Susan B Anothony? A revolution has to began with someone somewhere.

[edit on 3-11-2009 by dreamseeker]

posted on Nov, 3 2009 @ 11:12 AM
link   
reply to post by dreamseeker

Actually, if I was you, check with H&R Block or some other tax helping service. With your amount of income, you will get more money back than you would pay in. The redistribution of wealth works in your favor.

posted on Nov, 3 2009 @ 11:14 AM
link   

If I am self employed? I don't have any deductions except for my phone bill, a portion of my rent and thats about it. It is less the standard deduction. I will talk to my sister again she is an accountant and last year she siad I would owe $200.

posted on Nov, 3 2009 @ 11:19 AM
link   
reply to post by johnny2127

Damn! Johnny I realize you may be right in what your saying but man, your the bright light in this dark room of venting .

Just bustin chops.

posted on Nov, 3 2009 @ 11:27 AM
link   

Are you sure about that?

You don't have to file if you make under $5,000.00.

I don't know what the threshhold is, (do you mean poverty) but if you call the IRS, they will tell you that you don't have to file if you earned less than that.

posted on Nov, 3 2009 @ 11:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by johnny2127

Its legal for someone not to pay until April 15th, but there will be a penalty accessed and you chances of an audit go up exponentially. Oh, and while it is legal for people to wait paying their taxes until April 15th, it is illegal for you to advise them to not pay taxes or delay paying their taxes. Theoretically, everyone that listened to you, could sue you for the penalty they were accessed by the IRS and the audit costs, and the authorities could charge you for a multiple of things ranging from offering tax advice while being unlicensed, to encouraging tax evasion. My point is, I would not encourage people to incur penalties and interest, nor would I personally do it.

yup, your right...i have been around for 57 years, and the one thing they will always get you on is tax evasion...
example...the only guy to do prison time for the iran-contra scandal was the guy that cheated on tax laws. all the others convicted were either granted pardon by bush 1, or had probation, community service, or paid fines
for all you out there that try this...let us know how it works out for you

posted on Nov, 3 2009 @ 11:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by Blanca Rose

Are you sure about that?

You don't have to file if you make under $5,000.00.

I don't know what the threshhold is, (do you mean poverty) but if you call the IRS, they will tell you that you don't have to file if you earned less than that.

It really depends, if it is that little. I think $3,000 is the cutoff. Its a combination of how much you made, plus social security, VA benefits and a few other variables. If you are self employed I believe you are still supposed to. If not, they will file a supplemental return eventually. However, you can only get stimulus checks if you file a return. Also, if any taxes were withheld and you make that little, you should probably file to get those back.

posted on Nov, 3 2009 @ 12:29 PM
link   

Thanks for replying.

My husband went back to work, on a 9 month basis while he is on SS disability. He got seriously injured but made a lot of money before that happened. We had a problem with him getting his w2's, and he just filed for what should have been filed in April. He requested an extension.

While people are on social security disability, they have a right to return to work, on a trial basis for 9 months. They could earn a million bucks, and still collect the benefit. After that 9 month period, they are limited to somewhere around $950.00 a month without losing the benefit.

He just talked to the tax man today, who is handling his mess, and was told that the SS disability money is still not taxable.

I am not sure where you are getting your information from. I know it is confusing, since tax laws change every year.

Also, last time I checked, it was legal to file a back log of tax returns up to 5 years late, without penalty, if you owed nothing.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join