It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Ancients Series | Part I: Sumerians

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 30 2009 @ 08:52 PM
link   
reply to post by PhyberDragon

What is your source for your claim that any Nepalese civilization predates the Sumerians? That's contrary to anything that I've ever heard or read.

posted on Oct, 30 2009 @ 09:11 PM
link   

Being created in God's image meant he was a spiritual being first, with a body. Man was immortal, and the Tree of Life is freely given. The first death was spiritual and occurred immediately. Yes, the serpent lied.
The forbidden fruit was simply a test. Man would have had eternity to learn all the knowledge he desired.

posted on Oct, 30 2009 @ 09:18 PM
link   
reply to post by serbsta

Thanks to you for putting the time and effort into writing this mini-series of the Ancients... It's a topic that's been the center of my fascination for sometime...

I look forward to the next parts and anticipate that there will be more than a handful of connections linking these ancient civilizations together...

Can't wait for Egypt.

posted on Oct, 30 2009 @ 09:32 PM
link   
reply to post by undo

It's interesting that the name EA even exists. My understanding is that vowels were not used, therefore names like En.Ki would actually be N.K and you could pretty much insert a vowel anywhere depending on gutteral usage, however we deduced so hoakily what that was. but the name EA standing alone with no consonant at all would not have been written as there were no vowels in the language. To imply it's our version of a gutteral name, well, that would be an assumption that it was in gutteral use since there was no way for any such name to have actually been written. I may be mistaken, but isn't that why words such as Abram, Abraham, Ibri, Ibrihim, Aham, Brahma, Brahman, Aham Brahaman (I am Brahma, or, I am that I am) are so connected because it's all about vowel placement. Just curious.

[edit on 30-10-2009 by PhyberDragon]

posted on Oct, 30 2009 @ 09:33 PM
link   
reply to post by PhotonEffect

I've always been good at stealing thunder, so I'll go ahead with linking these civilizations, or at least giving a jumping-off point. What about megaliths and megalithic circles? They are found pretty much all over the world, from Africa, to Europe, to Asia and the Americas. Many are built with techniques seemingly impossible for the level of technology of the purported builders? What kind of cultural exchange could have been going on?

posted on Oct, 30 2009 @ 09:42 PM
link   
reply to post by undo

When reading my King James Version of the BIBLE in church I remember reading in the footnotes that Ba'al literally meant "The Lord" and it made me wonder then and there why The Lord forbid worship of The Lord.

posted on Oct, 30 2009 @ 09:58 PM
link   
Very interesting post.

I've always thought as much.

I heard someone say about a group of people worshipping satan that were actually really nice people and good people... and I thought. how obsurd... but what if it was true, what if they were worshipping the entity that freed their souls & lives from oppression... what if Satan was Enki or Enlil, or whichever (too tired to get it straight) and God (the other) wanted to keep us humans dumbed down. It would be very interesting... Because in our current state of world affairs, the Government is dumbing down people and treating them supposibly as our "creators" did... I wonder if they know something we do not?!

posted on Oct, 30 2009 @ 10:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by PhyberDragon
reply to post by undo

When reading my King James Version of the BIBLE in church I remember reading in the footnotes that Ba'al literally meant "The Lord" and it made me wonder then and there why The Lord forbid worship of The Lord.

Yes, its common in Christianity for some to (wrongly) state that Ba'al is an evil spirit, or in fact Satan himself. This is false, even though he was referred to by the Hebrews as the false God, as BA.AL does literally mean 'lord'.

Its also interesting to note the fact that Bel in Babylonian meant the planet Jupiter, not the Sun as many people like to believe. Worshipping of Bel or Ba'al was never the worship of the Sun, hence there can be no association with any Sun God's. Ba'al was different.

Again we have TWO SIDES, TWO GOD'S. It would be interesting if someone could trace the etymology of these entities throughout the Sumerian, Hebrew, Christian, etc, sacred texts. I wouldn't be surprised if there is a distinct pattern that arises.

Cheers.

[edit on 30/10/2009 by serbsta]

posted on Oct, 30 2009 @ 10:27 PM
link   
reply to post by honkusbobo

I wish I could remember where I've read it, it was back in 2001 when I did. This old man, an antiquarian had alot of books he used to let me read and it was in one of them. Of course I also used to own the European General Commandary of Europe Instructions to the American General Commandary written in the 1800's, though I've read the entire thing, it was written in code, but came witha translation key which I memorized and then burned, but, the book was later stolen and taken to Utah by a Mormon, so I've read many interesting things which unfortuanately I can't source for you. But then, links like Wikipedia are considered scholarly here although they are riddled with contamination and hoaxes if you ask me. But yeah, sorry. I do recall that the passage was talking about how the records were closely guarded secrets and had been up until the time of the writing of the book and so it claimed that the history was little known at best by the modern world. Could be the author was wrong, but, I've not mistaken what he wrote, he wrote 4000 years before the civilization of Ur. But you can't trust history, the Maximillian Social Studies book I once read from the 1920's taught of thre races of men, the Anglo Saxon, the Mongoloid such as the Yellows and the Barbarian Races which included the Browns and Reds. Who can believe what you read in a book or online. I'll believe in Gods and aliens when they come to my house for dinner (even if dinner is me).

posted on Oct, 30 2009 @ 10:27 PM
link   
Alot of talk here about God, I wonder how long before someone connects the dots...

posted on Oct, 30 2009 @ 10:34 PM
link   
reply to post by maryjk_99

What's with all this it was spiritual and had all these meanings malarkey? Hey you're entitled your beliefs, but, are you sure we read the same story, mine wasn't prefaced with all that crap, nor were the pages it was lifted off of. That's called reading into a thing, and if it was designed to be read into then God did not have me in mind when he inspired it's being written for all which would be just yet another fallability on it's part. Eat it and you will surely die, they ate it they lived, it did not say you will die in the spirit. And after they ate it did not say that their spirits died. Are you sure we are talking about the same story?

posted on Oct, 30 2009 @ 11:04 PM
link   
reply to post by Matyas

Care to elaborate on what you mean? I can see the direction but i can't really tell what you're trying to say.

posted on Oct, 30 2009 @ 11:28 PM
link   
Serbsta

I thought this was a kick assed writeup you did .I really liked the way you
added the different views/scripture of different ancient writings so everyone could see the similarities .i started noticing the same thing a few months ago when I started reading the Koran. Very similar to the bible in certain ways .I think just about all religeons have the same "meaning"to get to a better place/heaven if you will by doing that Gods work.I also think religeons are a great way for a few power hungry people to control large populations of people.

well enough for now will read some more of your post!!
good luck with your research!!

posted on Oct, 30 2009 @ 11:46 PM
link   

no doubt, same question goes for the "E." prefixed to other words meaning house or temple of.
E.ABZU (enki's temple at eridu)
E.NUN (another name for e.abzu)
E.KUR (enlil's temple at nibru)
perhaps it derives from the sound of E.ABZU but without the ZU (or Z)
also enki was considered LORD EARTH, and that derives from eridu, i do believe. earthu, eardu, erdu etc

posted on Oct, 30 2009 @ 11:56 PM
link   
reply to post by serbsta

well you might find this interesting:

the addition of the "B", "BA" or "BAB" prefix to other god names or names of divinity in mesopotamia, appear to be enki references, representing "ABzu"
AB and later BA, were words designating water, thus the tower of BABEL was the water gate of the gods (add "chaos" - the chaos water gate of the gods or simply the gate of the gods of the nun, and you have the "confusion" reference from the biblical translation of "babel" = confusion/chaos)

so theoretically "BA'AL" was generally a water god reference and designated a royal descendant of Enki.
this is converse to Enlil, who would not have the "B" prefixed because the god word was his property: which if you remove the vowels leaves only "L" (

posted on Oct, 31 2009 @ 12:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by undo

no doubt, same question goes for the "E." prefixed to other words meaning house or temple of.
E.ABZU (enki's temple at eridu)
E.NUN (another name for e.abzu)
E.KUR (enlil's temple at nibru)
perhaps it derives from the sound of E.ABZU but without the ZU (or Z)
also enki was considered LORD EARTH, and that derives from eridu, i do believe. earthu, eardu, erdu etc

I find that naming situation fascinating. I might create a new conspiracy with this..

Superman & Smallville

Jor-El
Jar-El
Kal-El

& Other House of El

I wonder if whoever wrote it all was trying to tell their story or if the subconscious mind just tapped into it??

edited because i goofed up the quote

[edit on 31-10-2009 by rjmelter]

posted on Oct, 31 2009 @ 12:03 AM
link   
reply to post by rjmelter

oh that was deliberate!
even tolkien was hip to it

ARWEN UNDOMIEL
GALADRIEL
ELROND

excerpt from the book of 1 enoch

And it came to pass when the children of men had multiplied that in those days were born unto them beautiful and comely daughters. And the angels, the children of the heaven, saw and lusted after them, and said to one another: 'Come, let us choose us wives from among the children of men and beget us children.' And Semjaza, who was their leader, said unto them: 'I fear ye will not indeed agree to do this deed, and I alone shall have to pay the penalty of a great sin.' And they all answered him and said: 'Let us all swear an oath, and all bind ourselves by mutual imprecations not to abandon this plan but to do this thing.' Then sware they all together and bound themselves by mutual imprecations upon it. And they were in all two hundred; who descended in the days of Jared on the summit of Mount Hermon, and they called it Mount Hermon, because they had sworn and bound themselves by mutual imprecations upon it. And these are the names of their leaders: Samlazaz, their leader, Araklba, Rameel, Kokablel, Tamlel, Ramlel, Danel, Ezeqeel, Baraqijal, Asael, Armaros, Batarel, Ananel, Zaqiel, Samsapeel, Satarel, Turel, Jomjael, Sariel. These are their chiefs of tens.

source
www.ccel.org...

[edit on 31-10-2009 by undo]

posted on Oct, 31 2009 @ 12:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by undo
reply to post by serbsta

well you might find this interesting:

the addition of the "B", "BA" or "BAB" prefix to other god names or names of divinity in mesopotamia, appear to be enki references, representing "ABzu"
AB and later BA, were words designating water, thus the tower of BABEL was the water gate of the gods (add "chaos" - the chaos water gate of the gods or simply the gate of the gods of the nun, and you have the "confusion" reference from the biblical translation of "babel" = confusion/chaos)

I have to say mate, i am loving your posts! Learning heaps and getting more and more interested in etymology, especially since most of it has Sumerian origins.

I thought though, that Abzu and Enki were two different entities. I've read that Enki lived inside the Abzu (water), but not that they were the same, maybe that's why AB has associations with Enki?

Yes i knew about BABEL and it being a water gate, very interesting stuff.

So, in summary, is it safe to say now, that BA'AL was ENKI? Or is there more to it?

posted on Oct, 31 2009 @ 12:15 AM
link   
reply to post by serbsta

well a ba'al could be a royal descendant of enki, as well, as a god. it's a title of royalty as well as of divinity. a royal descendant of a god would be the biblical nephilim, the mighty men. ya know, bloodlines and all that jazz

please, whatever you do, just forget you ever read the enuma elish. go read these texts first (the enuma elish is a hatchet job). scroll down to the section on enki for starters
www-etcsl.orient.ox.ac.uk...

then once you have all that info, then go re-read enuma elish

posted on Oct, 31 2009 @ 12:17 AM
link   
reply to post by undo

angEL
EL
EL
EL
EL
EL
bLAh bLAh

hAHa

i saw a lot of Els

now I am paranoid tho... think about it.. Ang EL. What is the root word for the meaning of those who decended from heaven... in soooo many contexts

The Bible uses the terms מלאך אלהים (melakh Elohim; messenger of God), מלאך יהוה (melakh Adonai; messenger of the Lord), בני אלוהים (b'nai Elohim; sons of God) and הקדושים (ha-qodeshim; the holy ones) to refer to beings traditionally interpreted as angels. Other terms are used in later texts, such as העליונים (ha'elyoneem; the upper ones). Daniel is the first biblical figure to refer to individual angels by name.[3]

^^-en.wikipedia.org... And so what if it is wiki you see my point

I think the OP is on to something! Great post. (altho im having too much fun with the deeper and less irrelevant thoughts :-p )

[edit on 31-10-2009 by rjmelter]

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join