It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Gingrich Strikes Back At Beck: His Agenda Is A ‘Very Destructive Model For The Republican Party’

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 28 2009 @ 09:40 AM
link   
thinkprogress.org...

Former House Speaker Newt Gingrich has been taking fire from conservative activists and far-right Republican leaders for endorsing Dede Scozzafava, the moderate GOP candidate running in the special election in New York’s 23rd district. These “purists” — including Sarah Palin, Tim Pawlenty, Dick Armey, and Bill Kristol — are backing Conservative Party candidate Doug Hoffman, revealing a wider rift within the conservative movement: the tea-party activist base versus “Big Tent” Republicans.

It seems the rightwing conservatives have lost their "golden boy" to the moderates.
Further evidence that the GOP is in the process of splintering into factions.
I support third and forth party diversity. However it could insure dem/lib victories for some time to come.

Is their any potential canidate in the GOP that could be a uniter?

and

Are Beck and Rush a destructive force as the article says?

[edit on 28-10-2009 by whaaa]

posted on Oct, 28 2009 @ 09:57 AM
link   
reply to post by whaaa

I think he's right, it IS a threat to the party. As a conservative, I haven't got a problem with that though. Democrats didn't become Marxists. Marxists moved into the democrat party. Now democrats are moving into the republican party. I dont want a liberal representing my interests, I dont care what letter is behind their name.

It comes down to voting on principal vs party line. I'm less and less a party guy. Some think the answer is more parties, I'm thinking the answer is NO parties. A standard questionare for everybody to see where a candidate stands should be sufficient and would take all the power the two parties hold and transfer it back to the indivdual.

As far as looking for a uniter? Why should RINOs, who support the oppositions POV on some of the most basic issues, be tied to the rest of us? I dont think anyone can unite the opposing views in any of the parties...could be wrong. I know I'll vote for anyone I can agree with on the big stuff with. Regardless of party.

posted on Oct, 28 2009 @ 10:10 AM
link   
Good. Isnt that the whole point? Let the neo's have their little party. Thay can merge with the neo-dems and make a whole "authoritarian" party.

The concept of a party that represents you is ridiculous. Maybe an individual will have a similar view but the larger that gets the more diluted it becomes until it resembles nothing of its roots.

Success and growth can only hurt the libertarian party. They will eventually fall into the mass appeal "what do we have to do to win" trap and we'll be right back to where we started.

Abolish the federal government, focus on your own family on your own property in your own town in your own state and your own ideals and get rid of parties altogether.

posted on Oct, 28 2009 @ 10:12 AM
link   
Only RINO's are upset at Beck. The light hurts their eyes.

posted on Oct, 28 2009 @ 10:14 AM
link   
reply to post by whaaa

I am not sure if you have ever heard Glenn Beck speak, but he has said many times that he is not a GOP memeber. And he thinks the GOP is part of the problem. This point is proven as the GOP contiunes to send Liberals to forefront of there party. We dont have a two party system we have a one party system with two different factions.

posted on Oct, 28 2009 @ 10:17 AM
link   
reply to post by Fromabove

That is so true, you notice only the Moderate Repubs attack him.

posted on Oct, 28 2009 @ 10:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by thisguyrighthere
Abolish the federal government, focus on your own family on your own property in your own town in your own state and your own ideals and get rid of parties altogether.

That's a noble idea but we both know that's not gonna happen.
The controlling force of the Military/industrial complex needs a control center that we affectionately call the "Feds" and their agenda has precious little to do with you and I except as a cash cow.

I think the whole Idea of political parties is nothing more than an industry, a charade, a fantasy to divide and conquer; an entertaining diversion much like the NFL, NASCAR and Hollywood. A control system to give the rabble "tribes" to join and feel special.

I love politics! It's like watching two professional wrestlers executing beautiful choreographed moves that ultimately mean nothing.
Pure aesthetics! The ART of human manipulation and control.
Malthusian theory at its finest.
www.press.uchicago.edu...

Buy into it if it makes you feel better. Adrenalin is a drug and the radio/TV boys are master pushers.

posted on Oct, 28 2009 @ 10:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by Fromabove
Only RINO's are upset at Beck. The light hurts their eyes.

I thought Beck was indy...

I am sad now

posted on Oct, 28 2009 @ 10:43 AM
link   
reply to post by whaaa

But it's not just entertainment like theater or sporting. These people play with life and death and wealth and bankruptcy and liberty and tyranny.

They decree one day out of the blue that something you and your family has always done for generations is now "illegal" making millions into felons overnight. You dont get to buy a ticket to the show. They knock on your door with gun in hand and demand money from you under penalty of death. They do the same with your property.

There's nothing entertaining about them and what they do. Unless you enjoy watching a wife be beaten, a slave be whipped, children being raped or towns being burned. What they do is evil and disgusting and calls for no less than their complete removal from this earth.

posted on Oct, 28 2009 @ 10:44 AM
link   
Beck is actually a liberatarian. He beleives in as little government intervention as possible, and letting the market take care of itself.

posted on Oct, 28 2009 @ 10:57 AM
link   
Beck simply asks the questions that the Media has failed to do. He asks questions, finds the truth, then tells the viewers not to take his word for it, but to seek the answers themselves..Truth hurts, and thats exactly why those who speak against his show, hate him..
My advise to them is..turn off your tv, turn a blind eye and stay in your fog..

posted on Oct, 28 2009 @ 11:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by thisguyrighthere
reply to post by whaaa

But it's not just entertainment like theater or sporting. These people play with life and death and wealth and bankruptcy and liberty and tyranny.

They decree one day out of the blue that something you and your family has always done for generations is now "illegal" making millions into felons overnight. You dont get to buy a ticket to the show. They knock on your door with gun in hand and demand money from you under penalty of death. They do the same with your property.

There's nothing entertaining about them and what they do. Unless you enjoy watching a wife be beaten, a slave be whipped, children being raped or towns being burned. What they do is evil and disgusting and calls for no less than their complete removal from this earth.

I know! But I can't think of it in those terms; I'm depressed enough as it is. Thank the Good Lord I don't have any children; I don't think I could stand to watch their torment when they finally realized their future.

I'm blessed to be old enough that my future doesn't even enter into the equation other than just an academic exercise.

It's a brave new world............welcome to the monkey house!!

posted on Oct, 28 2009 @ 11:09 AM
link   

Originally posted by MissysWorld
and stay in your fog..

aka Utopia.

I'd have to agree with you post a bit here. Matter of fact I just got done saying the same thing at another forum. It's basically our responsibility to either dismiss what is being said or look further in to what out news/media our telling us. Anything less is not responsible.

posted on Oct, 28 2009 @ 11:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by whaaa
It seems the rightwing conservatives have lost their "golden boy" to the moderates.
Further evidence that the GOP is in the process of splintering into factions.
I support third and forth party diversity. However it could insure dem/lib victories for some time to come.

No, its merely evidence that Newt is willing to sell the soul of the party in order to win an election. Lets look at the whole quote:

And so this idea that we’re suddenly going to establish litmus tests, and all across the country, we’re going to purge the party of anybody who doesn’t agree with us 100 percent — that guarantees Obama’s reelection. That guarantees Pelosi is Speaker for life. I mean, I think that is a very destructive model for the Republican Party.

It sounds to me that he cares less about having a party with principles than just winning. That attitude of disregarding the opinions of the rank and file voter is what has gotten the GOP leadership into the mess they are in today. The average GOP voter feels as though the leadership has sold them out because, well...they have.

[edit on 28-10-2009 by vor78]

posted on Oct, 28 2009 @ 11:24 AM
link   
This country needs a jump start...battery is gettin to low with all the corrosive people in washington. We need people to start going to dc to vote on the issues and not just along party lines.

posted on Oct, 28 2009 @ 11:29 AM
link   
reply to post by whaaa

Is their any potential canidate in the GOP that could be a uniter?

like Barry?I don't know if this country can stand anymore "uniting"

[edit on 28-10-2009 by genius/idoit]

posted on Oct, 28 2009 @ 11:48 AM
link   
Who cares what Gingrich thinks, he's part of the problem. Contract with America?, I need to sue for breach of contract.

The only thing the Republican leadership is good at is scaring the Blue Haired Republicans, where the power base resides. I saw it constantly this last election cycle when there were several of us stumping for Ron Paul in opposition of the party and we got shut out at every opportunity.

reply to post by TreadUpon

It comes down to voting on principal vs party line. I'm less and less a party guy. Some think the answer is more parties, I'm thinking the answer is NO parties. A standard questionare for everybody to see where a candidate stands should be sufficient and would take all the power the two parties hold and transfer it back to the indivdual.

Agreed, I could care less anymore what letter is after their name, as far as I'm concerned, they are the same.

posted on Oct, 28 2009 @ 11:55 AM
link   
I think it is good that Newt has let us know what side he stands on, the liberal right and not the conservative right.

posted on Oct, 28 2009 @ 12:05 PM
link   
Political parties wouldn't be the issue here if democrats and republicans would open the Constitution every so often and looked to it as a guide rather than something to be avoided or all but ignored. I don't care for pseudo-liberal and pseudo-conservative politics. I'm a Constitutionalist, where the hell is my representation? These two parties are a joke and now they wanna squabble from within arguing about who has the best ideas toward screwing the nation.

Pathetic.

posted on Oct, 28 2009 @ 12:30 PM
link   
Yeah sure, Beck is a Libertartian. And I'm a Hobbit.
Beck is an opportunist, a radio personality driven by ratings as is Rush.
If they are leaders of anything it's only by default. The Neocon/Palin crowd is shrinking, the old standby Repub social issues are vanishing. Take gay marriage, people care less and less, it's down to a small vocal minority that cares about that crap.. mostly the uneducated Fundy crowd. With only 20% of voters identifying as Republican, they have much deeper problems than this.
They can't really blame Bush, GW simply carried out the Reagan Repub dream of totally unrestrained capitalism, he was enthusiasticly supported by the Repub Party as well as the Repub Congress untill public opinion came down against them. Now they all try to distance themselves as if they weren't complicit.What a joke.
It also kills me the way they blame McCain! Repub primary VOTERS are the ones that nominated McCain, not some Party caucus! The Repub PTB wanted
Rommney ( as did Rush),hardly a rightie in the Palin mold!
Fact is Repubs are mostly concerned with MAKING MORE MONEY, not any ideological motivation. After the looting of the Nation under Bush, Repubs are Jonesing for more! Some pie in the sky undefined "conservative" ethos is rapidly becoming obslotete, It just isn't 1980 anymore. they are unable to reinvent or evolve.

<<   2  3  4 >>

join