It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Police: Gang rape outside school dance lasted over two hours

page: 15
<< 12  13  14    16  17 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 29 2009 @ 02:47 PM
link   
reply to post by ModernAcademia

Its a world where the victims pay, while the criminals goto the police making up stuff about there victims.

The world is only made for scum, and thats all it has.

posted on Oct, 29 2009 @ 07:52 PM
link   
All those who watched should be punished as well as those who were physically involved. How do you watch such a thing and not get help, all these kids must seriously be fu**ed in the head. This kind of thing really makes me angry

posted on Oct, 29 2009 @ 07:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by nixie_nox
reply to post by 27jd

I am willing to be ten bucks these were gang members. And if that is the case, this isn't about bad parenting or video games.

What dream world does one have to live in to not realize that the root of the problem is bad parenting? Even if this were gang related that would be a solid indicator of a failure in the home to begin with.

Which like someone else stated, if they are gang members, that is probably why no one responded and called help, for fear of being killed or family members being harrassed or killed.

Yet you expect a teacher or administrator to risk their life to have done something? With what authority? That was taken away from them when we took away their ability discipline the children properly.

She said none of the four officers who were at the homecoming dance was patrolling the school premises even though there were a dozen young men hanging out just a few feet from the gym entrance. She says school officials chose not to take any action.

"I looked outside of the gym and I saw 12 to 15 guys, sitting there, with no IDs," Baker said at the hearing. "The officers -- not only did they not check the IDs of those students or men sitting outside of of our campus, but the security officers who are employed here did no ... checking either. The assistant principal looked outside and actually saw those men, and did nothing about it."

It does look like the school is going to have to assume some responsibility.

The school should bear some of the responsibility the question is how much of it is really theirs?

The part that makes this worse is you get the bubbleheaded pundits screaming why werent there security cameras installed? This so-called solution isn't a solution at all, it is as meaningless as metal detectors and security officers in the school. Which shouldn't be something you need in a school to begin with.

A pathetic attempt to treat a symptom of the disease is all any such measure can ever be because it never addresses the need for parents to be responsible when raising their children.

posted on Oct, 29 2009 @ 08:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by Jovi1

reply to post by 27jd

I am willing to be ten bucks these were gang members. And if that is the case, this isn't about bad parenting or video games.

What dream world does one have to live in to not realize that the root of the problem is bad parenting? Even if this were gang related that would be a solid indicator of a failure in the home to begin with.

Which like someone else stated, if they are gang members, that is probably why no one responded and called help, for fear of being killed or family members being harrassed or killed.

Yet you expect a teacher or administrator to risk their life to have done something? With what authority? That was taken away from them when we took away their ability discipline the children properly.

She said none of the four officers who were at the homecoming dance was patrolling the school premises even though there were a dozen young men hanging out just a few feet from the gym entrance. She says school officials chose not to take any action.

"I looked outside of the gym and I saw 12 to 15 guys, sitting there, with no IDs," Baker said at the hearing. "The officers -- not only did they not check the IDs of those students or men sitting outside of of our campus, but the security officers who are employed here did no ... checking either. The assistant principal looked outside and actually saw those men, and did nothing about it."

The school should bear some of the responsibility the question is how much of it is really theirs?

The part that makes this worse is you get the bubbleheaded pundits screaming why werent there security cameras installed? This so-called solution isn't a solution at all, it is as meaningless as metal detectors and security officers in the school. Which shouldn't be something you need in a school to begin with.

A pathetic attempt to treat a symptom of the disease is all any such measure can ever be because it never addresses the need for parents to be responsible when raising their children.

There shouldn't be officers in schools?? Keep in mind this school isn't in the good parts of Cali...if you have ever gone to a school which is located in a bad neighborhood you would know why cops are needed there and lots of them at that. The school better take some blame atleast for this, its their resposibility to keep the school and the area around it safe. Even if it were to be a gang which I guess is possible, the people still stood there and watched, leaving would be better than watching and how can you even watch such an event?? Some people really disgust me. Also...if you know its a gang then you tell that to the police and tell them to keep your name out of it. This isn't the mafia, they don't have inside people or anything like that, if this is a gang it's a simple not well organized street gang who never think about consequences or actually I don't think they ever think about anything. I hope they get what they deserve in jail.

posted on Oct, 29 2009 @ 08:51 PM
link   

reply to post by 27jd

What dream world does one have to live in to not realize that the root of the problem is bad parenting? Even if this were gang related that would be a solid indicator of a failure in the home to begin with .

Of course it is bad parenting. But we are talking about parts of the country where there is a complete social breakdown. This isn't about parens not helping kids with their homework. This are the parents who are probably gang members themselves. I have seen these neighborhoods, trust me, the parents are just as bad. Except in teh cases where you have single mom working three jobs, and children join the gang for some time of "family". No one joins a gang unless they are emotionally desperate. This is far more then a parenting problem. I have watched interviews with gang members. * I find the psychology aspect of gangs interesting and trying to figure out the prone to violence) and despite the violence, guns, and history, they are the most insecure people inside, scared little children.

These parents can't teach the kids what they don't know. If the way of life is underage pregnancy and dad is in jail, that is their life. And getting out of that and into the house with the white picket fence is as feasible to them as me buying the eiffel tower. They don't know any other existence.

With the authority of the police. All the AP had to do was go inside and make a call to swat and tell them that suspected member so and so is is on the premisis and leave it at that.

The school should bear some of the responsibility the question is how much of it is really theirs?.

This is what I am trying to find out. If indeed the same guys reported hanging outside the front door are the same guys who committed the rape, and the school knew they were there and did nothing, then the school has a whole heck of a lot of responsibility. What is the point of having security if they are too scared to do anything about it?

If you don't know these areas then you don't know why they need them. As someone who lives near some of the more sinister areas in the country, I can tell you they need them. In fact, one high school near me, the cops have to sit in front of all the conveinance stores and restaurants when schools let out to keep the kids from robbing them. Metal detectors and security are the least of their arsenel.

These neighborhoods need a complete breakdown and restructure.

My cousin was a teacher in one of these places. YOu have kindergarteners smashing the computer and writing swear words on the windows. This isn't a kid not having a healthy breakfast. Most would wear the same clothes everyday, and she would drive through the neighborhood at night and find them running the street at 11 at night. Mind you these kids are kindergarteners.

When she would approach the parents, all she woudl get is: I am 16 and have to work and have two other kids to worry about, what do you want me to do about it? Or they would get hostile. These kids wouldn't know their colors or numbers.She ended up physical therapy more then once from them attacking or hurting her. It is not every single one. But the good ones get drowned out or terrorized into silence by the bad.

If children actually do try to do well in school, they would get harrassed and teased and threatened to the point where they end up failing to fit in. That maybe what happened to this girl. It is situations like those that is the only time I would support school vouchers.

posted on Oct, 29 2009 @ 08:55 PM
link   
reply to post by SonsOfAnarchy

Actually the scary part is that they are starting to get organized. And for the poster who said that they shouldn't be jailed together is very true, because they keep the gangs together in jail. In fact, some leaders even manage to keep running things from inside jail. You have to wonder how they do it.

Jails have a big problem with gang factions fighting and killing each other in jail.

In fact, the FBI defines MS-13 as the most organized crime entity in the U.S. They are feared not solely because of their horrific violent acts, but due to their organization. They specifically target middle and high school for recruitments. They have no compunction of committing violent acts upon their fellow citizens, as they fear no repercussions. Their greatest criminal focuses are on human and drug trafficking, and contract killing combined with unspeakable violence. A crime will never be committed by one of these members without it being accompanied by a beating, a rape, a murder, a dismemberment, or all of the above. They also have known ties and alliances to Al-Queda.

preparedness

They are getting very organized.

The MS-13 gang, aka Mara Salvatrucha 13, is one of the most violently dangerous gangs in the United States - and one of the most organized. The MS-13 gang has cliques, or factions, located throughout the United States and is unique in that it retains is ties to its El Salvador counterparts. With cliques in Washington DC, Oregon, Alaska, Arkansas, Texas, Nevada, Utah, Oklahoma, Illinois, Michigan, New York, Maryland, Virginia, Georgia, Florida, Canada, El Salvador, Guatemala, Mexico, and several other South American countries, the MS-13 gang is truly "international" and on the verge of becoming the first gang to be categorized as an "organized crime" entity.

ms13

[edit on 29-10-2009 by nixie_nox]

posted on Oct, 29 2009 @ 09:10 PM
link   
reply to post by nixie_nox

If that's true about them keeping the same gangs together then that is very stupid. But if they get arrested at different times(not really the situation with this gangrape case), it is often hard to identify which gang they are in. Sometimes if does occur that they do have background info and can see by tattoos but more often I think they just really don't know. I really just think there is just so many of them which is what gives the police and fbi problems. Even if you arrest them, there is not enough jails to seperate them. Many times gangs also form in jails like in Maryland. It has one of the most dangerous jail gangs. So a solution is really hard to find...Too much watching Gangland for me lol.

posted on Oct, 29 2009 @ 09:12 PM
link   
You have to look at where this took place. California - good old liberal California where the social leftists will make all kinds of excuses for these poor boys like they were traumatized by growing up poor or some such crap. Only one answer to this. Death penalty across the board for each and every one of this monsters and screw this being underage crap, you have to responsible for your actions, especially those that involve sex crimes.

Too bad these thugs aren't going to be tried in Texas.

posted on Oct, 29 2009 @ 09:41 PM
link   
reply to post by SonsOfAnarchy

No there shouldn't be a need to have officers in school, it doesnt matter what neighborhood these children are spawned in, we should never let things to deteriorate to the point where it is considered a viable option.

Unfortunately it has been something resorted to because the parents in these neighborhoods cant be bothered to raise their children in an acceptable manner.

reply to post by nixie_nox

If you don't know these areas then you don't know why they need them. As someone who lives near some of the more sinister areas in the country, I can tell you they need them. In fact, one high school near me, the cops have to sit in front of all the conveinance stores and restaurants when schools let out to keep the kids from robbing them. Metal detectors and security are the least of their arsenel.

Not saying they dont need them the fact of it is they should not need them, and I am all to familiar with schools in these types of areas I get to watch how every year my neighborhood goes further and further downhill.

These neighborhoods need a complete breakdown and restructure.

Your not going to break these neighborhoods down the only way through it is to educate them on how to rise above their economic condition. It is a problem that has deeper issues than just this situation. As it stands now there are not many jobs worth having, and Wal-mart openings are not meaningful job creation.

My cousin was a teacher in one of these places. YOu have kindergarteners smashing the computer and writing swear words on the windows. This isn't a kid not having a healthy breakfast. Most would wear the same clothes everyday, and she would drive through the neighborhood at night and find them running the street at 11 at night. Mind you these kids are kindergarteners.

When she would approach the parents, all she woudl get is: I am 16 and have to work and have two other kids to worry about, what do you want me to do about it? Or they would get hostile. These kids wouldn't know their colors or numbers.She ended up physical therapy more then once from them attacking or hurting her. It is not every single one. But the good ones get drowned out or terrorized into silence by the bad.

This is by far the largest part of the problem teachers should have the authority to lay the law down in the classroom period. It is long past time to start embracing the values we so easily discarded.

posted on Oct, 29 2009 @ 10:34 PM
link   
reply to post by Jovi1

So how do you prevent future situations like this from occurring?? Or even gang violence in schools, the sale of narcotics and any other forms of illegal actions in schools...?? Truth is without police you can't.

posted on Oct, 30 2009 @ 12:33 AM
link   
reply to post by ModernAcademia

Originally posted by ModernAcademia

Originally posted by mellisamouse
It is in NO WAY a girls fault for what she wears, but I am starting to feel the way I dress as a means of self defense......

That's like saying it's not a girl's fault in being promiscuous.

So are you saying that it's the victim's fault if she was dressed provocitively in her rapist's eyes ?!! Because that sure is what it sounds like you're saying. Nobody has a right to rape someone because of how they're dressed, or for any other reason ! A woman should be able to dress how ever she wants to dress without fearing that she will be raped! You know it's attitudes like that that make it so hard to get rid of the mentality that rape is ok.

Don't you find guys get worse and worse every generation
and i'm sorry, but girls get easier and easier and dress slutier every generation?

You might want to look back in the fashion trends, they were wearing miniskirts in the 60,s and what about the skintight, bodyclinging stretch mini's they wore in the 80's. Fashion repeats itself and women shouldn't have to decide what they can and can't wear based on the fear of what some men may do to them.

Edit to try to fix quote.

[edit on 10/30/2009 by chise61]

posted on Oct, 30 2009 @ 01:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by SonsOfAnarchy
reply to post by Jovi1

So how do you prevent future situations like this from occurring?? Or even gang violence in schools, the sale of narcotics and any other forms of illegal actions in schools...?? Truth is without police you can't.

The truth is you can, it starts with the parents taking responsibility of being mom and dad instead of the susie and johnnies best friend and indulging their every whim. Restablishing the neighborhood network, there was a time where if you got caught doing something wrong by your friends parents you were in just as much trouble as if it were your own, not to mention that you knew your own would be finding out about it before you even got halfway down the street.

It all starts somewhere and obviously adding more police isnt the answer because its still going on, what we need to add more? how many?

Let me guess until it doesn't happen anymore.

Lame answer of someone wanting to bury their head in the sand and let someone else do the job for them.

No amount of police in the schools will stop the problem, it may move it out of the building to some degree so all you have is a changed is location and no problem really solved.

posted on Oct, 30 2009 @ 09:15 AM
link   
Mom and Dad can't spend much time taking care of their kids when they are working sixteen plus hour days on slave labor, illegal immigrant jobs.

As far as the police are concerned, they seem more interesting in allowing the crime to fester, because it insures they have jobs in the current dog eat dog system that has been created by our corporate controlled government.

Of course they are all good Catholics too, so they try abstinence, which fails miserably, and they wind up as parents when they are teenagers.

This all works very well to create the ghettos that politicians from both sides of the aisle love, because ghettos help both sides pursue their elitist agendas.

Our prisons should work to break up gang continuity, but they seem more interested in creating it.

The trouble makers should be separated from the rest of the students and kept separated until they learn to behave. These are probably the kids who need the most help and the most nurturing. They should be sent to classes or schools where they get a great deal more attention. It sure would be a lot more cost affordable for the state to work on helping these people when they are kids, than locking them up in jail as adults.

But this idea seems to work against the states agenda.

posted on Oct, 30 2009 @ 10:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by vermonster
Let us not forget that these people are all in high school. These are not adults. These children were all born in the nineties. These children grew up with the internet. They know no world without the internet. They can watch 50 channels of gang rape porn on any number of websites for FREE.

I love the internet and the information available, but it needs a cleaning or else we will see things like this more and more.

We must stop sending our children mixed signals. If that includes making gang rape porn unavailable then so be it.

Had you read all the posts then you would have known that many of the animals were legal adults. Age 18 and older is an adult.

posted on Oct, 30 2009 @ 03:42 PM
link   
Don't blame the parents.
Kids have minds of their own and parently may have not affect.
Depends on the kid. Many of them believe that their friends are much wiser than their parents.
If the parents are bad, maybe they too were renegades.
And possibly they too had bad parents.
How far back might you have to go to find good parents in their ancestry?

So why do We/society/the police/the government allow these gangs of miscreants to exist?
Why isn't there a plan to just go in and exterminate them?

Surely you must know that they will never become nice law abiding people who will become good parents to their offspring.
Oh I know, the cry goes out about taking a human life, blah, blah.
Those folks need to understand that if this bad element of our society is not eradicated that the life that is lost just may be their own.

posted on Oct, 30 2009 @ 04:34 PM
link   

reply to post by 27jd

Well a failure in the home is much different than bad parenting.

posted on Oct, 30 2009 @ 05:23 PM
link   
It's real sad that this had to happen. Does anyone else see that it seems the human race is devolving? These people have trouble even maintaining a primate level. Look around the world at police beatings, car bombs etc. I hate to say it but we are going to hell in a hand basket.

posted on Oct, 30 2009 @ 05:50 PM
link   
Not one of those 15 to 20 males said stop???, if people heard screaming, wouldn't you try to see if anyone needed help???,

This went on for 2 1/2 hours, what is the girls testomony or the witnesses...

Not playing devil's advocate, but what are the facts... seems like a lot of information is missing.

posted on Oct, 31 2009 @ 06:09 AM
link   

Originally posted by FoxStriker
Not one of those 15 to 20 males said stop???, if people heard screaming, wouldn't you try to see if anyone needed help???,

This went on for 2 1/2 hours, what is the girls testomony or the witnesses...

It sounds like you are implying she may not have been screaming at all (since no one helped her) ..maybe she just made it all up then..?

edition.cnn.com...
The girl was flown by helicopter to a hospital where she was admitted in critical condition. She was in stable condition Tuesday, police said.

If a rape victim ends up in a critical condition it's a fair bet she probably screamed alot.

Not playing devil's advocate, but what are the facts... seems like a lot of information is missing.

Agreed. When people don't bother to read the article there is information missing!
:shk:

"Based on witness statements and suspect statements, and also physical evidence, we know that she was raped by at least four suspects committing multiple sex acts," Gagan said.

"As people announced over time that this was going on, more people came to see, and some actually participated," Gagan said.

(bolding mine)

[edit on 31-10-2009 by riley]

posted on Oct, 31 2009 @ 12:13 PM
link   
reply to post by HunkaHunka

obviously you never played GTA because you cant rape ppl, and i know cause im 14 nd i play alot of violent games.but still i dont sell drugs or beat the crap out of other kids. even though i grew up in a messed up area. ive seen alot of gang fights i know alot of ppl that sell drugs do drugs you know . but you cant blame these things on video games thats just stupid,if i feel like killing someone ill do it in call of duty . i wont do in reality cause i think about the consequences so ye oh adn i think that the ppl that raped or watched the girl should get tied up to a chair nd get beaten for several hours.after that let them run through a forest filled wit mines nd explosives

new topics

top topics

<< 12  13  14    16  17 >>

join