It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What is the end of evolution?

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 23 2009 @ 11:52 AM
link   
I have been thinking about this for a while now. If this is not the proper place to post please move the thread for me...thx.

Evolution. Evolving continually in order to survive. The survival of the fittest. What if there was no global catastrophic event happens to halt it. Then evolution would be continual. No end. We would be evolving through Infinity. I mean if it is true then we would evolve all the way to pure conscience energy. Here is where I get a little confused about the whole thing. If we evolve into pure conscience energy with the ability to manipulate matter, because matter is the potential for energy, isn't that like evolving to a god. So evolution could in all probability prove the existence of God.

Any thoughts on the subject. Criticisms welcome. Just a thought.

posted on Oct, 23 2009 @ 11:53 AM
link   
reply to post by Conclusion

I think this might get interesting....lol

posted on Oct, 23 2009 @ 12:51 PM
link   
Evolution isn't linear, there's no evolutionary line with amoebas at the bottom and pure consciousness at the top and every living thing exists somewhere along that line.

Things only evolve in response to drivers in the environment.

posted on Oct, 23 2009 @ 12:53 PM
link   
I'm less interested in the "end" of evolution, and more interesteted in the "beginning" of evolution. Still, cool thought. You should write something on it. Develop the idea a little further. Why do you think evolving into pure energy would be better for the species?

posted on Oct, 23 2009 @ 12:57 PM
link   
Death of thought.

As I believe nothing really exists but energy - intelligent conscious energy.

That everything is an illusion created by energy thought. Only Death of thought - cease of energy existence is the end of all.

posted on Oct, 23 2009 @ 12:59 PM
link   
reply to post by Mike_A

Good point. But evolution would have to be linear with time no matter how you look at it.

posted on Oct, 23 2009 @ 01:02 PM
link   
reply to post by one_man24

Yeah that is true. I do need to evolve the idea further..lol.
Why would pure energy be better? I do not know if it will be. Point taken. But it would be an evolutionary jump you must admit.

posted on Oct, 23 2009 @ 01:03 PM
link   
reply to post by Annee

Not according to spiritualists.

posted on Oct, 23 2009 @ 01:06 PM
link   

What do you mean?

posted on Oct, 23 2009 @ 01:13 PM
link   
Evolution is a physiological response to the external environment. Like a leaf blowing in the wind, our bodies go where our environments take us. We do not evolve based upon thought or consciousness. Although we have the ability to manipulate our genetics to some degree and change our phenotype, that is not evolution in response to environment. Every evolutionary change that will ever come into existence will be of a physical nature, not a metaphysical one.

Just my 2-cents

posted on Oct, 23 2009 @ 01:26 PM
link   
reply to post by Mike_A

We as humans can only physically observe time as linear. Past, Present, Future. So with evolution as survival of the fittest it would be linear to us as well.

posted on Oct, 23 2009 @ 01:29 PM
link   

TRUE human EVOLUTION PROCESS INVOLVES HUMANS GRADUATING OUT OF YOUR FLESH INTO ETERNAL SPIRIT EXISTING CONTINOUSLY FOR ETERNIA. You would not even recognize your METAMORPHASIS IF you had not eaten from the tree of knowledge. without this knowledge you would simply think you went to sleep, GET IT.

notice how you try so hard to create flawed nanotechnology to live long but not for ever w/o acknowledging you eternal souls....SMH YOU ARE ALLREADY ETERNAL

[edit on 10/23/09 by Ophiuchus 13]

posted on Oct, 23 2009 @ 01:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by Aggie Man
Evolution is a physiological response to the external environment. Like a leaf blowing in the wind, our bodies go where our environments take us. We do not evolve based upon thought or consciousness. Although we have the ability to manipulate our genetics to some degree and change our phenotype, that is not evolution in response to environment. Every evolutionary change that will ever come into existence will be of a physical nature, not a metaphysical one.

Just my 2-cents

Excellent answer. You are a sharp one. So if the Earth was dieing our bodies would need to evolve in order to survive. We see energy in use in physical nature everyday. The energy from the Sun shines on our bodies quiet often. Our bodies are receptive to that energy so we know our bodies understand it. I know that notion is far out there, but some of the greatest scientific discoveries have came from far out there notions in their time. So evolving into pure energy could be a possibility of the many probabilities that quantum theory are just now starting to discover.

posted on Oct, 23 2009 @ 01:43 PM
link   
reply to post by Ophiuchus 13

Wow. True and poetic. That is how I like to learn. Excellent post

Star for your wisdom.

Peace.

posted on Oct, 23 2009 @ 01:49 PM
link   

Thanks, friend

posted on Oct, 23 2009 @ 01:50 PM
link   

What is the end of evolution?

When will it end, you ask? That's easy...when we all become God. I have always thought that was the true purpose of evolution, and I still do.

posted on Oct, 23 2009 @ 01:50 PM
link   
reply to post by Ophiuchus 13

Oh no. Thank you. Mind if I add you to friends list?

posted on Oct, 23 2009 @ 01:51 PM
link   

no problem here

posted on Oct, 23 2009 @ 01:51 PM
link   
reply to post by autowrench

But doesn't it seem odd that a science which denounces all gods, would point the way for us becoming gods?

posted on Oct, 23 2009 @ 02:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by Conclusion
reply to post by Annee

Not according to spiritualists.

LOL

I consider myself a spiritualist.

Guess you need to micro define that.

<<   2  3  4 >>

join