It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

White House advisers say Fox News is not news

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 19 2009 @ 01:04 AM
link   

White House advisers say Fox News is not news

news.yahoo.com

WASHINGTON – White House advisers pledged on Sunday to book administration officials on Fox News despite claims by the president's inner circle that the cable network is a GOP mouthpiece whose programming "is geared toward making money."

Last week, White House communications director Anita Dunn said Fox News operates "almost as either the research arm or the communications arm of the Republican Party." On Sunday, Rahm Emanuel, President Barack Obama's chief of staff, said, "It is not a news organization so much as it has a perspective
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Oct, 19 2009 @ 01:04 AM
link   
I believe this to be some sort of show, I believe fox news works closely with TPTB to spread the kind of disinformation they want spread. Glen Beck, has he been bought? probably and the white House saying fox news is not news, I agree and have for some time now but again I think it' sjust some kind of show but for what I can't say for certain.

news.yahoo.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Oct, 19 2009 @ 01:15 AM
link   
Yeah, of all the mainstream media outlets, FOX News is clearly the most ridiculous. They're incredibly obvious with their manipulation, and Murdoch himself has said that he uses his media to serve his political agenda, but the ignorant masses still just eat this crap up.

The other media outlets at least have the sense to do a better job of lying to us.

posted on Oct, 19 2009 @ 01:18 AM
link   
Be careful not to make this a partisan issue, because it should be made clear that both parties are equally criminal in their behavior, and they do it together, literally a conspiracy.

Between the Republican party and the Democratic party, not a damned one of them has a single good idea.

And the news spews nothing but one side or the other, all over TV. Not a damned bit of sense to be had anywhere out of it.

posted on Oct, 19 2009 @ 01:28 AM
link   
"Ohno, FOX News called me on my BS!! They are Evil !! Dont listen to the She-Devil!! Listen to me!! We Tell the Truth! We are your Govt!!! We Love You!!

hahaha

Damn, they are getting scared, I cant believe that the leaders of our nation are so scared of a News Corporation. Maybe, if the White House made better decisions, they wouldnt be ridiculed half of the time. They are doing this to themselves, and thats what people dont get.

According to them...Fox News isnt News.
If thats the case, why are they so hell bent on trying to dis-credit Fox?
Cause they make them look like complete fools?
I mean, if they really werent news, then how come they are the only ones exposing the corruption right now? I cant name one other single News Organization that has exposed political corruption this year? Just look at Acorn. How long did it take before those other "real" news station got on that bandwagon? And when they did, they barely gave it any airtime.
Pathetic this administration is. Very, Very pathetic.

posted on Oct, 19 2009 @ 01:33 AM
link   
Maybe some sort of distraction going on here, does Fox know something the rest of the news media outlets don't? I think not so something else must be at hand, but what though?

posted on Oct, 19 2009 @ 01:45 AM
link   
I've always thought the msm was more of an entertainment show. With those pretty flashy graphics, and the soundbites, and the dramatic cutaways.

Maybe this is the groundwork for re instituting the fairness doctrine. While I don't believe in any way that the msm would suddenly become useful or stop pandering I see this as a nod and wink to the supporters of the current administration. They'll cry foul and point and nothing will truly change.

posted on Oct, 19 2009 @ 02:06 AM
link   
reply to post by alyosha1981

S&F Fox has never been news. Their entire format is logically dumbing down the American mind to accept their scripted lies. They are all skeptics/debunkers with microphones and tailored suits. Mind control and patriotic sympathy is their hallmark. Murdock and his stiffs have blurred the truth to the point Americans don't know wheather they are coming or going.

[edit on 19-10-2009 by Level X]

posted on Oct, 19 2009 @ 02:24 AM
link   
Could you imagine if Bush had tried to shut down the communication/research/propaganda arm of Democratic party? You know, CNN, HLN, CNBC, MSNBC?

posted on Oct, 19 2009 @ 02:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by bsbray11
Be careful not to make this a partisan issue, because it should be made clear that both parties are equally criminal in their behavior, and they do it together, literally a conspiracy.

Between the Republican party and the Democratic party, not a damned one of them has a single good idea.

And the news spews nothing but one side or the other, all over TV. Not a damned bit of sense to be had anywhere out of it.

It's all just a smokescreen to keep us occupied.

In reality there is no true Democratic or Republican party, they're ultimately one and the same with presidential candidates chosen by a select few. Just like the "news" tells us what TPTB want us to hear. Basically, it's "entertainment" for the masses so they think they know what's going on. When really, we don't.

posted on Oct, 19 2009 @ 03:16 AM
link   
Please add your thoughts and opinions in the existing thread on this topic.

Thank you.

Thread closed.

top topics

join