It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Colin Powell interview....

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 18 2004 @ 12:03 AM
link   
saw on MSNBC where he was interviewed while in Jordan. Powell went on to say that the White House deliberately gave him misinformation about the weapons threat of Saddam's Iraq. his press secretary immediately got the camera off him & tried to end the interview. the camera is still running but pointed away & you hear him say "get out of the way Emily" then the camera is back on him. Is he being genuine of covering his own butt? I tend to believe he might actually be doing this out of genuine concern rather than saving face. Maybe he just holds a grudge against the "good ole boy" network...what do you guys think?

posted on May, 18 2004 @ 11:09 AM
link   
maybe this will help some who havent seen it....
news.com.au...

posted on May, 18 2004 @ 11:54 AM
link   
I saw the Interview and it looks more like he was kissing somebody,s butt to me beside covering is own.

posted on May, 18 2004 @ 12:11 PM
link   
Here's the Drudge report on what happened:

Drudge

A video clip of it is available here:
www.lunabean.com...

posted on May, 18 2004 @ 12:39 PM
link   
I have always viewed Colin Power as a man of integrity been use by Bush, to sell a reason at the UN of why we should invade Iraq, but after the war and with the evidence of not WMD I really thought that he was going to resign to protect his dignity but right now I dont know what to believe anymore. He have not credibility in my eyes.

posted on May, 18 2004 @ 12:41 PM
link   
I thought that interview was hilarious! Kudos to Powell for taking charge of the situation and telling Emily to get out of the way so he could finish the interview.

As for no WMDs...What did we find yesterday?

posted on May, 18 2004 @ 01:50 PM
link   
metalmessiah

That was a direct lie, it was not that the White House blatently sent Powell the inncacurate data, it was given to them by someone else.

Don't do that man, that is the kind of sick stuff people are so sick of, read the article for yourselves people.

You either simply didn't hear the interview or just wanted to make Bush look bad.

posted on May, 18 2004 @ 02:21 PM
link   
if youre saying I posted something to make Bush look bad, he doesnt need my help

what I based my original post on was apparently just a portion of the interview that MSNBC ran. you are right, after reading the whole interview it seemed to be a whole different story.

top topics

join