It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

My dream...Just looking for some kind of answer.

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 16 2009 @ 03:55 AM
link   
First i would like to say hello! Im quite new here although i have been coming here to read for quite a while but just signed up a few days ago.

Ok so here it go's, I had a dream a few months back and it was quite odd. I have had other dreams like this but not many, they confuse me and i don't know exactly what they mean if anything at all. So i was hoping to get some opinions on what any of it might mean just to get a better understanding if possible. My dream began in pitch black then i became aware that in the dream i was underwater, mirky dirty water like that of a lake or some kind of man made body of water. A few seconds later i saw the form of a women take shape she was pale very pale, blindfolded and nude wrapped with chains around her as if they were holding her down, she was cut in several spots and she had like this fire red hair, and then she began to scream and that was it. I woke up and was just really disturbed i wanted to draw her but i couldnt it was weired i can still picture her perfectly. I have never seen this women before she didn't look fammilliar at all, so i don't know what to make out of any of this? Any thoughts anyone? Thanks for taking the time to read this.

posted on Oct, 16 2009 @ 04:00 AM
link   
You are probably having issues with sexuality.

I am not sure, as I don't have any info of your backgrounds, but commonly murky waters is a metaphora of some kind of sexual disorder.

Maybe the social sexual standards(or moral) are conflicting with your own, or maybe something else. I dunno, really! Just a guess!

-v

[edit on 16-10-2009 by v01i0]

posted on Oct, 16 2009 @ 04:17 AM
link   
reply to post by ldkwraith

man made body of water
a women
she was pale very pale
blindfolded and nude
wrapped with chains around her as if they were holding her down
she was cut in several spots
she didn't look fammilliar at all

Any thoughts anyone?

Suppressed feminine portion of your subconscious self crying out for release. My first guess would be that you're an intellectual type with supressed emotions and your heart desperately longs to assert itself, but you're not letting it.

I that description resonates with you, I might recommend heart chakra meditation. Don't be surprised if it results in you spending a lot of time crying to yourself, feeling embarrassed that you're crying and not understanding why.

[edit on 16-10-2009 by LordBucket]

posted on Oct, 16 2009 @ 04:48 AM
link   
Really appreciate the thoughts here guys! Thank you!

posted on Oct, 16 2009 @ 05:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by v01i0
You are probably having issues with sexuality.

I am not sure, as I don't have any info of your backgrounds, but commonly murky waters is a metaphora of some kind of sexual disorder.

Maybe the social sexual standards(or moral) are conflicting with your own, or maybe something else. I dunno, really! Just a guess!

-v

[edit on 16-10-2009 by v01i0]

Is there any background info i can give that would help out at all? What you have said makes quite a bit of sense to me. Thanks!

posted on Oct, 17 2009 @ 12:39 AM
link   
Anyone else have anymore thoughts?

posted on Oct, 17 2009 @ 01:10 AM
link   

Anyone else have anymore thoughts?

Yes.

Dream about the girl again and ask her. Surely she'll be better able to answer your questions that strangers on the internet.

posted on Oct, 17 2009 @ 01:17 AM
link   

Hi, ld,

I would just like to say that I believe a lot of dreams come from movies, tv, books, the internet, people you have seen that day, conversations you have had or have overheard in fact any images your conscious mind has taken in. Or anything you are worried about.

Often dreams are just a jumble of all these things - I honestly wouldn't worry about it.

Cheers.

posted on Oct, 17 2009 @ 01:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by spellbound

Hi, ld,

I would just like to say that I believe a lot of dreams come from movies, tv, books, the internet, people you have seen that day, conversations you have had or have overheard in fact any images your conscious mind has taken in. Or anything you are worried about.

Often dreams are just a jumble of all these things - I honestly wouldn't worry about it.

Cheers.

Thanks!

posted on Oct, 17 2009 @ 01:51 AM
link   
Hi,

I have found that keeping a dream journal helps me understand my dreams better. Sometimes when I read what I wrote a few days or even weeks later, I gain some new insight on the meaning and content of my dreams. I think it is important to examine how you felt at each point in your dream. How did you feel being inside the murky water? Did you feel some sort of recognition, compassion, or fear when you saw the woman? This can help you with finding our the meaning of your dream.

Many times we are so caught up in the emotional aspect of our dreams that it hinders our understanding of what the dream means. Of course sometimes our dreams are just "energy release" events, meaning they are there to take care of emotional aspects of ourselves that we were to busy to address. (or emotional aspects that we have been trying to ignore or keep buried)

Ultimately, YOU are the only person who can truly understand what your dream means. We can only hopefully give you new perspective on what your dream may mean.

posted on Oct, 17 2009 @ 01:58 AM
link   

You are more than welcome.

I think we are straightforward machines taken over by technology. In other words, we have outsmarted ourselves. Don't worry if people try to freak you out.

But I think there is a lot of poison going into young people's mind which is actually damaging them and the world.

posted on Oct, 17 2009 @ 02:20 AM
link   

"To dream that you are underwater, suggests that you are feeling overcome with emotions and are in need of greater control in your life. You may be in over your head regarding some situation. "

"To see a woman in your dream, represents nurturance, passivity, caring nature, and love. It refers to your own female aspects or may also represent your mother. Alternatively, it may indicate temptation and guilt"

"
bondage, signifies that aspects of your emotions and/or character are too tightly controlled or that are repressed. You may be restricting your need for self-expression or feel that you are a prisoner of your circumstances. "

Hope this helps a bit.

posted on Oct, 17 2009 @ 02:33 AM
link   
Yeah ever since i have started having vivid dreams like these i do write them down, and that seems to help a bit.

posted on Oct, 17 2009 @ 05:04 AM
link   

I find that my dreams reflect a lot of what happened to me in a given dramatic day OR something that I try to supress (fears or desires, etc). So, dreams IMO are a product of your recent past or of something in your subconscious that you try to avoid. (You cannot avoid your subconscious mind; it will eventually surface or it will 'eat at you' and wear you away and you will be unhappy.)

I have found methods to lucid dream before I knew what lucid dreaming was. It was just my 'luck' I guess. But, also someone helped me out and suggested I try to write them down. Well, I tried that and was largely disappointed at the often frightening nature of them, so now I do my best to forget my dreams by the exact opposite ways one is supposed to engage in lucid dreaming if the dream is one I do not wish to absorb and remember. Some dreams I do want to delve into, so I use techniques to kind of meditate on those to explore them further to try to gain insights and meaning from them.

You gotta cherry pick after a certain point. You don't want your past or your fears to control your life.

posted on Oct, 17 2009 @ 05:26 AM
link   

Originally posted by glitchinmymatrix

I find that my dreams reflect a lot of what happened to me in a given dramatic day OR something that I try to supress (fears or desires, etc). So, dreams IMO are a product of your recent past or of something in your subconscious that you try to avoid. (You cannot avoid your subconscious mind; it will eventually surface or it will 'eat at you' and wear you away and you will be unhappy.)

I have found methods to lucid dream before I knew what lucid dreaming was. It was just my 'luck' I guess. But, also someone helped me out and suggested I try to write them down. Well, I tried that and was largely disappointed at the often frightening nature of them, so now I do my best to forget my dreams by the exact opposite ways one is supposed to engage in lucid dreaming if the dream is one I do not wish to absorb and remember. Some dreams I do want to delve into, so I use techniques to kind of meditate on those to explore them further to try to gain insights and meaning from them.

You gotta cherry pick after a certain point. You don't want your past or your fears to control your life.

What is lucid dreaming?

posted on Oct, 17 2009 @ 02:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by ldkwraith

What is lucid dreaming?

Hey, I've not been here in mooooonths

Anyways, hi Idkwraith - I'm Emmy! Lucid dreaming is the most vivid state of dreaming, almost as if you're really there.

I tend to have a lot of dreams which I usually remember, or remember the main body, or the most informative part of my dreams. But more recently I'm questioning myself. I have had quite a few more recently which are constantly coming true (lots of premonitions / deja vu moments, not nice - I mean some of them are nice dreams, although the deja vu moment itself isn't, lol!), I'm just reconsidering that dream books aren't enough to crack the codes?

I don't know, I usually read too much into these situations, but they're becoming more and more personal, I can't exactly explain my point or what I'm trying to get across here, urgh! How horrible, haha! I think because they're all playing on my mind and my head feels so heavy - need to get someone to take the weight out of my head, haha

posted on Oct, 18 2009 @ 08:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by emmy

Originally posted by ldkwraith

What is lucid dreaming?

Hey, I've not been here in mooooonths

Anyways, hi Idkwraith - I'm Emmy! Lucid dreaming is the most vivid state of dreaming, almost as if you're really there.

I tend to have a lot of dreams which I usually remember, or remember the main body, or the most informative part of my dreams. But more recently I'm questioning myself. I have had quite a few more recently which are constantly coming true (lots of premonitions / deja vu moments, not nice - I mean some of them are nice dreams, although the deja vu moment itself isn't, lol!), I'm just reconsidering that dream books aren't enough to crack the codes?

I don't know, I usually read too much into these situations, but they're becoming more and more personal, I can't exactly explain my point or what I'm trying to get across here, urgh! How horrible, haha! I think because they're all playing on my mind and my head feels so heavy - need to get someone to take the weight out of my head, haha

Ah ok thanks, yeah i know exactly how you feel, it's crazy.

posted on Oct, 18 2009 @ 08:30 AM
link   

She (the woman in your dream) was you in a past incarnation.

That is my hypothetical conclusion based on nothing except a hunch.

posted on Oct, 18 2009 @ 08:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by Hazelnut

She (the woman in your dream) was you in a past incarnation.

That is my hypothetical conclusion based on nothing except a hunch.

lol i guess anything is possible, right..

posted on Oct, 22 2009 @ 12:47 AM
link   
Thanks for your replies!

<<   2 >>

join