It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

POLL: Mexican-Americans owe allegiance to MEXICO, NOT the US

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 15 2009 @ 08:22 PM
link   

Nearly 70 percent of Mexicans surveyed said that Mexican-Americans – including those born in the United States – owe their primary loyalty to Mexico, not the U.S., according to a Zogby poll commissioned by the Center for Immigration Studies.

The in-person poll, taken during August and September, sampled 1,004 Mexicans across the country on subjects related to illegal immigration and amnesty in the United States.

When asked “Should the primary loyalty of Mexican-Americans be to Mexico or to the U.S.?” 68.8 percent of respondents in Mexico said that it should be to Mexico, while only 19.7 percent said it should be to the United States. Another 11.5 percent of respondents said they were not sure.

www.cnsnews.com...

This says alot i think. Ive always held the sentiment that mexicans and mexican-americans are merely here to erode american soverignty and to essentially take back the land they lost in the mexican-american war of 1846-48. Im not sure how many there is (9 million ?) you need only look at the pro-illegal immigrant rallies in 2006 to know these people are anti-american. so the poll isnt really a surprise.

Mod Edit: Added source article to post.

[edit on 22-10-2009 by GAOTU789]

posted on Oct, 15 2009 @ 08:36 PM
link   
No kidding - it's called an invasion. Diluting a society is a very old for of conquest.

posted on Oct, 15 2009 @ 08:58 PM
link   
"Nearly 70 percent of Mexicans surveyed said that Mexican-Americans – including those born in the United States – owe their primary loyalty to Mexico"

Whoa, whoa, whoa hold it right there!
So 70 % of Mexicans said that Mexican-Americans should owe loyalty to Mexico??
This almost tricked me, since it says that it interviewed Mexicans on what Mexican-Americans owe their loyalty to.
If somebody asked me as an American: "To which country do Americans living in Austrailia owe loyalty to?"
I would reply: To the USA of couse!
-Asker--"But do the Americans in Australia actually do that?"
-Me--"I have no idea, why don't you go ask them who they owe loyalty to!!"

I would not accept this poll as representing to which country loyalty is owed. I think it should be called: Which country MEXICANS think that Mexican-Americans should owe loyalty to.

Of course, when it says "Mexicans" it could mean Mexican-Americans too, but I've already made my points and am sticking with 'em.

posted on Oct, 15 2009 @ 09:06 PM
link   
reply to post by TheCoffinman

Ive always held the sentiment that mexicans and mexican-americans are merely here to erode american soverignty and to essentially take back the land they lost in the mexican-american war of 1846-48.

Your sentiments are very wrong. Nice of you to try to group together Mexicans and Mexican Americans as one.

Do you know that most Mexican Americans probably don't even know what the Mexican American war was even about?

Hell, most of them don't even know American history.

Your title is very misleading. This poll was conducted in Mexico and people from Mexico said what your title says.

As a Mexican American, I can tell you that I bleed RED WHITE and BLUE.

Obvious you got problems with Mexicans period.

BTW, got a source.

posted on Oct, 15 2009 @ 09:10 PM
link   
reply to post by jam321

yankee hatred is a pretty rife down there in mexico, im pretty sure mexicans know a thing or two about mexican-american relations. groups like la raza and the chicano movement make sure of that.

www.americanthinker.com...

Why do many Mexican immigrants -- legal and illegal -- have trouble assimilating into American culture? Most of the 10 to 12 million Hispanics estimated to be here illegally are from Mexico

"Interest in going to the United States remains strong even in the current recession, with 36 percent of Mexicans (39 million people) saying they would move to the United States if they could. At present, 12 to 13 million Mexico-born people live in the United States."

CIS noted that "the perspective of people in Mexico is important because Mexico is the top sending country for both legal and illegal immigrants.

"In 2008, one of six new legal immigrants was from Mexico and, according to the Department of Homeland Security, six out of 10 illegal immigrants come from that country."

[edit on 15-10-2009 by TheCoffinman]

[edit on 15-10-2009 by TheCoffinman]

posted on Oct, 15 2009 @ 09:19 PM
link   

yankee hatred is a pretty rife down there in mexico, im pretty sure mexicans know a thing or too about mexican-american relations.

So basically you hate Mexicans because Mexico hate yanks.

Last time I checked, Mexico had a population of about 99.9% Mexicans. I expect there to be hate towards other races.

However, the US is one big melting pot of different races and different colors.
I expect their to more respect based on the fact that no matter whether we are white, brown, black- we are all Americans.

Guess you don't see it that way.

posted on Oct, 15 2009 @ 09:20 PM
link   
well not racist but if they owe it to mexico then they should go back and give it to them right

posted on Oct, 15 2009 @ 09:32 PM
link   
reply to post by jam321

dont put words in my mouth and dont be uneducated. let us take a historical train ride thru melting-pot countries shall we...

USSR - lets see we have all kinds of ethnic muslims, russians, latvains, ukrainians, turks, kazahkis, uzbeks, kyrgz, estonians, tartars, chechens, georgians... Racism was, still is, rife in the former USSR and the fact that its the FORMER USSR says to me, at least in part, we cant get along, so they split.

Austria-Hungry - we have Hungarians, czechs, austrians, germans, serbs, croations, bosnians, italians, slovenians, etc. and what happened to this country? it too split up into smaller other countries because a bosnian nationalist assassinated the austrian archduke that led to ww1 and the dissolution of the empire

how bout the little country of georgia in the modern day.. they dont get along because they are a melting pot of cultures... as small georgia is, its split into south ossetia, abkhazia, georgia and adjara... look at china.. look at how the ethnic chinese treat the uighur and tibetan minorities...

posted on Oct, 15 2009 @ 09:36 PM
link   

You very nearly tricked me. Thanks to Fleetlord and Jam for pointing out what I initially missed.

I know quite a few first and second generation Mexican-Americans and if you asked them if they'd prefer to live in Mexico or the US they'd probably laugh at you...same answer for the loyalty question. Actually, they'd probably give you a confused look because the only people who think Mexican-Americans are trying "invade" the US and take over for Mexico are the deeply fearful and quite frankly racist.

If you've ever had the chance to actually talk to someone who "jumped the fence" and had a baby, they didn't do it for Mexico, they did it to leave Mexico and give their child a better life. It's illegal and not right, I know, but the reasons aren't what many think.

Everybody has a place in their heart for their family's country of origin. But that's just it, a sense of nostalgia. Crazy thing about 99% of Americans is that regardless of what nationality or generation they are, they are really freaking proud of being an American.

posted on Oct, 15 2009 @ 09:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by fleetlord
"Nearly 70 percent of Mexicans surveyed said that Mexican-Americans – including those born in the United States – owe their primary loyalty to Mexico"

Whoa, whoa, whoa hold it right there!
So 70 % of Mexicans said that Mexican-Americans should owe loyalty to Mexico??
This almost tricked me, since it says that it interviewed Mexicans on what Mexican-Americans owe their loyalty to.
If somebody asked me as an American: "To which country do Americans living in Austrailia owe loyalty to?"
I would reply: To the USA of couse!
-Asker--"But do the Americans in Australia actually do that?"
-Me--"I have no idea, why don't you go ask them who they owe loyalty to!!"

I would not accept this poll as representing to which country loyalty is owed. I think it should be called: Which country MEXICANS think that Mexican-Americans should owe loyalty to.

Of course, when it says "Mexicans" it could mean Mexican-Americans too, but I've already made my points and am sticking with 'em.

The difference is that the USA and Australia are not neighbours and do not have trouble with illegal citizens crossing back and forth between the two countries. At the end of the day, the country in which one chooses to reside IS the country one should pledge allegiance to. If you are a natural born French citizen and you want to immigrate to Dubai, you should do the research first and see if that country is suitable to your needs. You shouldn't go there, get government support, denounce the country and then leave.

Nothing wrong with criticising one's own country and making suggesting that will help improve and change things for its citizens. The problem is taking for granted the opportunity you have been given to start a new life, and complaining with a massive chip on your shoulder about what you hate about the country...

[edit on 15/10/2009 by Dark Ghost]

posted on Oct, 15 2009 @ 09:43 PM
link   

Ever heard of "Reconquista"? This has been well known for decades, in fact Mexicans openly talk about it even in English. They'll even tell you to your face that their loyalty is to Mexico. Not all of course, but most of them will. In fact, many already feel as if the job is already been done. I have always responded to them by saying where will they run next? Canada is too cold for them.

posted on Oct, 15 2009 @ 09:48 PM
link   

Go ahead mention all those other countries.

But do those countries have a Constitution like ours?

A Constitution that expresses that all Americans should have the same rights.

Don't ask me where the title Mexican American came from. I was tagged with that title since birth. I am proud of Mexican Heritage, but by God I am an American.

I breathe it, live it, walk it and have no doubt done my part in fighting for this great nation.

posted on Oct, 15 2009 @ 09:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by Avenginggecko

You very nearly tricked me. Thanks to Fleetlord and Jam for pointing out what I initially missed.

I know quite a few first and second generation Mexican-Americans and if you asked them if they'd prefer to live in Mexico or the US they'd probably laugh at you...same answer for the loyalty question. Actually, they'd probably give you a confused look because the only people who think Mexican-Americans are trying "invade" the US and take over for Mexico are the deeply fearful and quite frankly racist.

If you've ever had the chance to actually talk to someone who "jumped the fence" and had a baby, they didn't do it for Mexico, they did it to leave Mexico and give their child a better life. It's illegal and not right, I know, but the reasons aren't what many think.

Everybody has a place in their heart for their family's country of origin. But that's just it, a sense of nostalgia. Crazy thing about 99% of Americans is that regardless of what nationality or generation they are, they are really freaking proud of being an American.

Do you live in a dominantly Mexican area? What flag do they hold even if they are fifth generation American? That's right, the Mexican flag. And if you did live in a dominantly Mexican area you would hear it a lot about them taking over. Most fence jumpers do want a better life here, but either they change once they start getting used to it here or their kids get into the idea of being Mexican rather than American. I agree with you that there are many who don't think like this, but you obviously haven't talked to enough of them.

posted on Oct, 15 2009 @ 09:52 PM
link   
When they ask someone living in Mexico where they think Mexican-Americans' loyalties should be, it seems really obvious what the answer would be. Doesn't make it real cut and dry, but it's understandable.

Do we have responses from the folks living in America?

I admit I have some bias. I think I've addressed that before. I also have some Mexican-American friends. I don't know why, but when I speak about them, like now, I call the Hispanic.
go figure. Anyway, in the scheme of things I think it's irrelevant.

I think nationalism is highly overrated and leads to the acceptance of atrocities like ethnic cleansing by otherwise good people. Biased, and easily swayed, but generally good people.

When I'm toughing something out with a few friends, my big questions isn't their loyalty to their country of origin, it's their loyalty to me as a friend.

To compartmentalize a people and discount their worth, contribution or tendencies as individuals does you a tremendous disservice and will keep you from experiencing some great friendships.

Anyway....any statistics for those already IN America?

My wife just reminded me...we have like 70 percent Hispanic here in our small town. Did I mention I love tacos? mmmm.

[edit on 15-10-2009 by KSPigpen]

posted on Oct, 15 2009 @ 09:57 PM
link   
did we forget about the 2006 pro-illegal immigrant rallies held all over the united states?

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/a73d0059d8ac.jpg[/atsimg]

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/813890e04e25.jpg[/atsimg]

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/0f639c7c50e3.jpg[/atsimg]

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/dd5741812eeb.jpg[/atsimg]

its a conspiracy, this is a conspiracy website. where do mexican-americans come from... mexico.. legal or illegal.. why would there views differ from mexicans in mexico... where do mexicans send thier money... mexico!.. its a conspiracy, im not being racist at all.. your pulling your racism card to discredit the conspiracy, thats fine, whatever go ahead and try, all im saying is that there is a conspiracy by mexican aztlan groups like la raza who speak for the majority of mexican-"americans" that they are here to reconquer the land they lost from the "white racist yankees"

posted on Oct, 15 2009 @ 10:00 PM
link   
Did we forget about Mexicans like this one?

The pinned down platoon was at the mercy of the enemy guns.....Silvestre's fellow soldiers were helpless before inevitable disaster. With incredible courage the young PFC stood to his feet and entered the mine field to attack the enemy. Mines exploded around him but he continued on, attempting to not only attack the enemy but to draw their fire away from his comrades. Suddenly a mine exploded beneath him, severing his leg below the knee. Enemy fire continued to rake the field as Silvestre collapsed to the ground, then struggled back up on his one good leg and the shattered remains of the other to continue the attack.

Private Herrera couldn't be stopped. He was determine to attack the enemy that threatened to destroy his platoon. Then another mine exploded, this one beneath his remaining good leg, severing it below the knee. Unable to continue his advance, despite intense pain and the unchecked bleeding of the stumps below his knees, Silvestre lay in the minefield to pin down the enemy while others of his platoon skirted the minefield to flank and capture the enemy. Later Silvestre said, "I was protecting my squad with a machinegun. I was trying to draw their fire. I stepped on one (land mine), it blew me up. Then I stepped on another one with another foot. I was fighting them on my knees."

www.homeofheroes.com...

posted on Oct, 15 2009 @ 10:07 PM
link   

Yeah, I saw some of them rallies. Even in this little place. Mexican flags....they were really pretty well behaved though.

When I try to take my own bias out of the mix, it IS actually a pretty valid idea as far as conspiracies go. Do you think, in this conspiracy, that the organization required would not include the complicity of the individuals, if it was sufficient to incite their nationalistic beliefs through misdirected rallies?

Where is the conspiracy and who are the conspirators? La Raza? The Mexican government? Our OWN government?

I suppose they could be unwitting pawns the same as we are so many times. Well, I mean ME. None of my friends ever speak of this, is why I wonder. Is it hidden from the typical 'Mexican-American?'

posted on Oct, 15 2009 @ 10:09 PM
link   

where do mexican-americans come from... mexico.. legal or illegal.. why would there views differ from mexicans in mexico... where do mexicans send thier money... mexico!.. its a conspiracy, im not being racist at all.. your pulling your racism card to discredit the conspiracy, thats fine, whatever go ahead and try, all im saying is that there is a conspiracy by mexican aztlan groups like la raza who speak for the majority of mexican-"americans" that they are here to reconquer the land they lost from the "white racist yankees"

This Mexican American comes from Texas.

This Mexican-American views differ because America is my country.

This Mexican American spends his money in the US. But if I decide to send some to my relatives in Mexico it is none of your business.

La Raza and Aztlan are no different than other nationalities who also have groups supporting their homeland.

My problem with you is that your trying to combine Mexicans from Mexico with Mexican Americans from the US based on a freaking poll done in Mexico.

You would be surprise to know that most Mexicans Americans don't know that La Raza , Aztlan, or for that matter LULAC even exist, much less what they do.

posted on Oct, 15 2009 @ 10:13 PM
link   
reply to post by KSPigpen

maybe our own governemnt, they do after wish to give citizenship to the however many millions of illegals in this country. yes groups like the chicano movement and la raza are openly verbal about their nationalistic desires to return "Aztlan" to mexico. they see themselves as the indigenous owners of north america and we are the european white conquerers on thier land.

to jam321: they sponsered and orgnaized those huge massive rallies in 2006... of course they know about la raza and the chicano movement... where did they get the flags, the posters, the organization from?? not a grass roots movement but one with a aztlan/mexican nationalist agenda...

posted on Oct, 15 2009 @ 10:23 PM
link   

o jam321: they sponsered and orgnaized those huge massive rallies in 2006... of course they know about la raza and the chicano movement... where did they get the flags, the posters, the organization from?? not a grass roots movement but one with a aztlan/mexican nationalist agenda...

They know about the events not who sponsored the event.

It is like a concert. Do people remember the concert or the people who set up the concert?

If you want all illegals out- I'm with you.

If these radical groups try to reclaim land from the US- I'm with you.

If you want the military to patrol the border- I'm with you.

But when you loop me, a Mexican-American, with people from Mexico- I'm against you.

You see, when you start stuff like that, I am the one who gets the short end of the stick.

I am the one people see as illegal because of my skin. I am the one who people look down on because of my skin. I am the one who gets picked first to prove that I am a US citizen. I am the one who get discriminated against because of events like these.

Yet, I am as much as American as you.

I ask you, what was so important about getting the views of another country as to what our citizens should do?

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join