It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

POLL: Mexican-Americans owe allegiance to MEXICO, NOT the US

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 21 2009 @ 10:09 PM
link   
A lot of semantic blithering in this thread. Here are the facts.

1. You are Mexican or you are American. Pick one.
2. If you choose American, the word is not hyphenated. A Mexican-American is like a dog-cat. You can be an American of Mexican origins, but when you became an American, you became an American. Period
3. If you chose Mexican, then you are a visitor in the US and all visitors leave at some point. Don't let us hold you back. Adios.

What else is there possibly to discuss?

[edit on 21-10-2009 by superrat]

posted on Oct, 22 2009 @ 10:24 AM
link   

No one even asked for a LINK???

Where's the "critical thinking" that ATS members boast about?

I was tricked by the title, too. Maybe that's because the OP CHANGED it. Make sure to READ, people.

Thanks to those who pointed it out!
I'm pretty sure the OP wanted to start yet another "let's rag on "illegals" thread." because the title was changed!

WHERE'S THE LINK???? Here it is. And the title?

Poll: Mexicans say Mexican-Americans Owe Loyalty to Mexico Over U.S.

When asked “Should the primary loyalty of Mexican-Americans be to Mexico or to the U.S.?” 68.8 percent of respondents in Mexico said that it should be to Mexico

posted on Oct, 22 2009 @ 11:03 AM
link   
reply to post by Benevolent Heretic

*sniff* *sniff*

I DID!

When i read the headline and the OPs cut and paste it already sounded suspect so i jumped over to google, googled the headline then got the whole article.

Once i read the whole thing, i just...started laughing, really!

posted on Oct, 22 2009 @ 11:08 AM
link   
reply to post by Daedalus24

From the foundation of the Populist Know Nothing Party to the labeling of the Irish as the "Blacks of the 18th century," the racist arguments that fueled such hate were exactly the ones we hear from the reactionary-right of today. "They wont integrate into American society, they're criminals, vandals, drunks, murderers, they have a different culture, they speak a different language *yes, a vast number of the Irish that came here spoke mainly Gaelic*, they're taking the jobs we don't want to do ourselves but we don't care because they're still taking jobs away from Americans." The same exact arguments we have heard time and again for almost 2 centuries are now being used against the new waves of Immigrants. How can anyone not see this? Is it possible that the vast majority of you who openly scream *INVASION* when you hear Mexican and immigrant in the same sentence have completely glossed over a historical trend proven by massive quantities of primary sources and statistics? Shame on you all.

EXACTLY! Which is why i don't hate, i can't. When Europeans were migrating to this country the same things were said about them, it's just being rehashed and branded to target another immigrant group.

posted on Oct, 22 2009 @ 11:12 AM
link   
reply to post by Alxandro

Illegal alien technology!!

Links links! Or would you rather i U2U you? I'm cool either way.

posted on Oct, 22 2009 @ 11:15 AM
link   
reply to post by cenpuppie

It's OK. You don't need to cry.
You did good!

I just get so frustrated at people who are so willing to read a headline and are either too lazy or too excited to go beyond that to find the truth! This is ATS! We're supposed to be smart!

Can people not see the agenda of the OP? Don't they care? Or do they just agree?
Read this carefully...

Originally posted by TheCoffinman
Ive always held the sentiment that mexicans and mexican-americans are merely here to erode american soverignty and to essentially take back the land they lost in the mexican-american war of 1846-48. Im not sure how many there is (9 million ?) you need only look at the pro-illegal immigrant rallies in 2006 to know these people are anti-american.

This is pure hatred and racist spew, IMO. And it gets stars and flags?

Mexican Americans take an oath of allegiance when they become a citizen if they're not born here.

Oath of Citizenship

I hereby declare, on oath, that I absolutely and entirely renounce and abjure all allegiance and fidelity to any foreign prince, potentate, state, or sovereignty of whom or which I have heretofore been a subject or citizen; that I will support and defend the Constitution and laws of the United States of America against all enemies, foreign and domestic; that I will bear true faith and allegiance to the same; that I will bear arms on behalf of the United States when required by the law; that I will perform noncombatant service in the Armed Forces of the United States when required by the law; that I will perform work of national importance under civilian direction when required by the law; and that I take this obligation freely without any mental reservation or purpose of evasion; so help me God.

posted on Oct, 22 2009 @ 12:02 PM
link   
reply to post by Benevolent Heretic

Yea statements like that really irk me and lets me know how this country really feels towards those that aren't "American".

I've seen and you have no doubt seen the same thing that some of the most biased statements gets starred and i'm talking from the perspective of someone that has participated in heated racial discussions.

I always wonder how and why are some of these posts getting starred when they are obviously inflammatory. From what i've seen just on this site, it's okay to bash the other side (whatever it may be) but when the shoes on the other foot and folks are put on blast you really see the rally call. I'm taking this view from what i've actually seen and read from posts from other members.

However i have noticed a trend. Some of OGs of this site don't fall for it and they are perhaps the most leveled headed, darn near all of them (you included). Most of the racially biased material (from EITHER direction) comes from the crowd of new members, and that is...disturbing.

[edit on 22-10-2009 by cenpuppie]

[edit on 22-10-2009 by cenpuppie]

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join