It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

EXCLUSIVE: Obama loosens missile technology controls to China

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 15 2009 @ 07:48 PM
link   

Obama loosens missile technology controls to China

www.washingtontimes.com

The president issued a little-noticed "presidential determination" Sept. 29 that delegated authority for determining whether missile and space exports should be approved for China to Commerce Secretary Gary Locke.

Commerce officials say the shift will not cause controls to be loosened in regards to the export of missile and space technology.
(visit the link for the full news article)

Related News Links:
www.freep.com

Related AboveTopSecret.com Discussion Threads:
Barack Obama surrenders to Russia on Missile Defence

ModEdit: fixed title

[edit on 10/15/2009 by JacKatMtn]

posted on Oct, 15 2009 @ 07:48 PM
link   
"The presidential notice alters a key provision of the 1999 Defense Authorization Act that required that the president notify Congress whether a transfer of missile and space technology to China would harm the U.S. space-launch industry or help China's missile programs.

The law was passed after a late-1990s scandal involving the U.S. companies Space Systems/Loral and Hughes Electronics Corp. "

Looks like Obama is doing it again, just like Bill Clinton. Transfer our military secrets and technology to China.

It just isn't fair for the US to have all the good stuff!

Thanks a lot great leader! China gets the technology, we keep the CHANGE!

www.washingtontimes.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

ModEdit: fixed title

[edit on 10/15/2009 by JacKatMtn]

posted on Oct, 15 2009 @ 07:57 PM
link   
The immediate thought of mind is this is the work of the Jewish lobby, through Obama, trying to get China on board the nearing attack on Iran. I'm most likely correct in this assumption.

posted on Oct, 15 2009 @ 08:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by TSawyer
The immediate thought of mind is this is the work of the Jewish lobby, through Obama, trying to get China on board the nearing attack on Iran. I'm most likely correct in this assumption.

Wow, glad you confirmed that you were most likely correct.

I was getting worried you had no proof.

posted on Oct, 15 2009 @ 08:10 PM
link   
I have no reservations about saying I believe that this executive decision is NOT in the best interest of our nation.

In this matter - without a doubt - our President has erred in an inexcusable way.

I fear this represents utter capitulation to the banking industry which is the only transnational agent that could effect such a radical departure from the mandate of a sound national security policy.

I know I'll get flamed for saying it. But this isn't ideological or political - it's strategic. A grave mistake.

posted on Oct, 15 2009 @ 08:12 PM
link   
reply to post by plumranch

You know...

This does not surprise me a bit. When the Chinese came here a few months back one of the parts of the agreement was that the US would share more high-tech and the Chinese would not foreclose on us.

posted on Oct, 15 2009 @ 08:40 PM
link   
Being that this made news,a nd correct me if i am wrong, but isnt this knwon as treason??? Istn this like the highelst law of the land being violated? belive nothing obama tells you! Sounds like he is setting up so the chinese can come over and take military cotnrol over here or something, judging how he dosnt want american citizens owning guns, and helping to send american buisioness over thier t china... something up n going on.

posted on Oct, 15 2009 @ 08:43 PM
link   
Why doesn't Obama just Nuke us himself and get it over with.

posted on Oct, 15 2009 @ 08:50 PM
link   
In agreement with Slayer above. My take on this is that the US is now in so much debt to China that the Chinese are using the threat of choking off or drastically reducing future bond purchaces as leverage to influence US policy. If so, this is a very grave turning point. It would not surprise me at all because the US government can literally no longer function month-to-month without foreign (and specifically Chinese and Japanese) loans.

This, if true, would be America's "Suez Moment." Such an event has been awaited by certain pundits for some time. The term referrs to an event in the 1950s when America was the world's largest creditor nation rather than the world's largest debtor nation (hard to believe now, isn't it?). At the time, the UK had gone from being a creditor to a debtor nation, and was mostly borrowing from America. America used this as leverage to force the UK to stand down on a planned campaign to recapture the Suez Canal after nationalization by Egypt.

[edit on 10/15/09 by silent thunder]

posted on Oct, 15 2009 @ 09:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by Stormdancer777
Why doesn't Obama just Nuke us himself and get it over with.

How dare you say such a thing?

You should expect a visit from the secret service soon, at a minimum you should be charged with a racist hate crime.

Shame on you. :shk:

On topic: I believe this a great move by our president, who is obviously very interested in the Chinese economy, and rightly should do everything he can to assist them in anything they need or want, especially as long as they are willing to buy our debt or are holding our debt. In fact, soon it is quite possible that they will demand ownership of NASA, and our president should consider giving it to them in exchange for our debts.

[edit on 15-10-2009 by Walkswithfish]

posted on Oct, 15 2009 @ 09:06 PM
link   
reply to post by Walkswithfish

On topic: I believe this a great move by our president, who is obviously very interested in the Chinese economy, and rightly should do everything he can to assist them in anything they need or want, especially as long as they are willing to buy our debt or are holding our debt. In fact, soon it is quite possible that they will demand ownership of NASA, and our president should consider giving it to them in exchange for our debts.

I have a better idea why don't we sell OBAMA to China and throw in Hillary Clinton to sweeten the deal? Bill Clinton of course is already owned by China. I would suggest adding Nancy Pelosi but I am afraid they would start firing nukes at us.

posted on Oct, 15 2009 @ 09:22 PM
link   
reply to post by crimvelvet

Good idea at the rate of US deficit spending Chinese owning our debt could become important, maybe we should throw in some of our stealth fighters and bombers, perhaps offer the Chinese the Grand Canyon too?

Pelosi would love the Chinese health care system, and how they can easily punish the little people over there who have the audacity to express any dissent

The Obama administration should consider sending her to China so she can better understand how to implement such laws over here.

We need warmer relations with the Chinese government.

It's all good.

[edit on 15-10-2009 by Walkswithfish]

posted on Oct, 15 2009 @ 09:24 PM
link   
reply to post by Walkswithfish

They don't have to ask for ownership of America, because they have been buying into America for a while already.

Yes remember they have been buying resources from nations US is not exempt.

posted on Oct, 15 2009 @ 09:29 PM
link   
China to surpass Japan in a few years as producers and will become the second superpower of the world after the US if we are still a superpower by then.

With $2.1 trillion in currency reserves, the Chinese government certainly has the money to spend. And spend it has. China has spent $115 billion on foreign acquisitions this decade alone.

According to Fortune, in the past few years, China has purchased everything from foreign banks, to computer companies to semiconductor companies to utilities.

China has also recently purchased the Hummer brand from General Motors and is currently trying to acquire the Volvo brand from Ford.

Whether or not that final deal goes through, China’s dramatic rise to the very top of the economy food chain is not likely to be slowed down anytime soon.

“We’re no longer talking about China making lots of shoes,” C. H. Kwan, a senior fellow at the Nomura Institute of Capital Market Research, based in Tokyo, told The New York Times. “China is about to leave everyone behind in a big way.”

www.economyincrisis.org...

China is not about wars for now is about ownership of the worlds resources.

[edit on 15-10-2009 by marg6043]

posted on Oct, 15 2009 @ 10:01 PM
link   
But isn't it the chinese right since they 'own' the technology. Remember, they own america.
But you can all relax, sooner than later china will implode again, it's so predictable.

posted on Oct, 15 2009 @ 10:08 PM
link   
reply to post by SLAYER69

When the Chinese came here a few months back one of the parts of the agreement was that the US would share more high-tech and the Chinese would not foreclose on us.

Good point!

I've always thought Obama's agenda included weakening the US militarily and
putting us in debt to weaken the economy. In my mind this is the proof!

posted on Oct, 15 2009 @ 10:12 PM
link   
Did anyone look at whom he gave this power too?

I can't believe Glenn Beck did not jump all over this one!

Gary Locke

en.wikipedia.org...

Locke was born on January 21, 1950 in Seattle, Washington. A third-generation American with paternal ancestry from Taishan, Guangdong in China, Locke is the second of five children of James, a native of the United States, and Julie Locke from Hong Kong, which at that time was a dependent territory of the United Kingdom. His parents gave him the Chinese name of 駱家輝 (pronounced Lok Gaa-Fai in Cantonese). He did not learn to speak English until he was five years old

On October 15, 1994, Locke married Mona Lee, a former television reporter for the NBC affiliate KING 5 television in Seattle. Her father was from Shanghai, China and her mother from Hubei, China.

posted on Oct, 15 2009 @ 10:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by Jazzyguy
But isn't it the chinese right since they 'own' the technology. Remember, they own america.
But you can all relax, sooner than later china will implode again, it's so predictable.

There is definately a "China bubble" in the making. China has real strengths that are growing and deserve frank acknowledgement. However, the Chinese financial system is still so opaque and internally troubled. This will, at some point perhaps a few years down the road, undoubtedly cause overheating and an economic "correction" of some sort (most likely an ugly one, IMHO).

Also, there is growing inequality within the nation...the costal and industrial elites are gaining wealth, and there is a large and growing middle class in China, but in percentile terms there are still many, many more peasants living in abjecet poverty who are certain to resent future gains by the more fortunate.

China has a long history of peasant revolts. They have usually been extremely violent and disruptive. I don't expect we've seen the last of them, either.

posted on Oct, 15 2009 @ 10:15 PM
link   
reply to post by j2000

Not that this guy would have any loyalty's to China or there culture. He probably goes by his chinese name only on the weekends...........

posted on Oct, 15 2009 @ 10:17 PM
link   
How appropriate that he married a reporter for NBC.

You just can't make this stuff up folks.............unbelievable.

Treason! Treason! Treason!

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join