It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Moonshot...

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 15 2009 @ 02:45 PM
link   
Did anybody see it last night. I thought it was a pretty good tv movie minus the fact that it didn't really talk much about the conspiracy side of it except the strange blinking light they supposedly saw by the moon, with that and what they said about it before contacting mission control made me think though.
What are everybody else's thoughts on it?

posted on Oct, 15 2009 @ 03:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by Lichter daraus
except the strange blinking light they supposedly saw by the moon, with that and what they said about it before contacting mission control made me think though.
What are everybody else's thoughts on it?

I think that was disclosure for those of us who caught it

posted on Oct, 15 2009 @ 03:05 PM
link   
reply to post by Ophiuchus 13

Jeez, i sure hope not.

posted on Oct, 15 2009 @ 03:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by Lichter daraus

Jeez, i sure hope not.

Hey atleast you caught it. I figure since the real moon tapes were supposedly lost they didnt have to add that part, but they did.

posted on Oct, 15 2009 @ 03:20 PM
link   

I was thinkin they would've got into the weird music they heard on the dark side of the moon though. Then again I'm not sure that was the mission where they heard that.

[edit on 07/16/2009 by Lichter daraus]

posted on Oct, 15 2009 @ 04:01 PM
link   
This is still officially unexplained, but there is a reasonable explanation for what they saw.

It still hasn't been 100% proven (and probably never will be), but most people think what they saw was probably the "Spacecraft Lunar Module Adapter" (SLA) panels that came off of the S-IVB (or S4B) -- which was the 3rd stage of the Saturn V.

The SLA panels were four metal pieces that acted as a kind of "reducer" that tapers down from the diameter of the S-IVB to the diameter of the spacecraft above it. They also acted as a shroud for the Lunar Module.

In "Moonshot" last night, they even mentioned those panels. They HAD seen those panels come loose from the S-IVB and they said perhaps that's what they saw (although they left it rather ambiguous and ominous). The S-IVB could be tracked, but not the SLA panels. They knew the panels had come loose, so that's what they could have seen.

Apollo 13 also saw the SLA panels in the distance as flashes of light, and that sighting of the SLA panels was confirmed, so it's not like it would have been impossible for Apollo 11 to have seen the same thing.

It made for good drama to leave it as a big mystery in that movie, but to most people involved, the "SLA" panels is a reasonable explanation.

[edit on 10/15/2009 by Soylent Green Is People]

posted on Oct, 15 2009 @ 04:07 PM
link   
reply to post by Soylent Green Is People

Yeah could very well be. i just didnt like how they left it open like they did.

new topics

top topics

join