It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The honest question/discussion thread. Are we truly ready for ET discolsure?

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 14 2009 @ 02:43 PM
link   
Hey ATS!

Now, before all you UFO/Alien buffs shout YEEESSSS! (Which is what I'm tempted to do!) I think a balanced, intelligent discussion about the ability of mankind to deal with Disclosure (D from here on in) really is in order.

I believe that just because we want D, we really may not be looking at the argument objectively. I'm not yet of the opinion that we're not ready, or able to handle it, but simply that we may not be as ready as we imagine or think (because our reasoning is clouded by our desire to know the truth!).

The implications would be huge, earth shattering, multiple-paradigm altering, and down right scary.

It's quite easy to sit behind one's screen watching You-Tube vids about UFOs, checking out threads on ATS that pretend to prove the existence of ET life, but seriously, just imagine it was proved to be right.

Would the religious in the world embrace the newest of God's creatures or revolt?

Would the world's economy decline, stock markets implode on fears that our oil based economies might be worthless?

Would fear, hatred and denial cause a shift in the conciousness of mankind across the globe because of the revelation of D?

These aren't my views, just ideas. I would really love for this thread to be a place of intelligent and much needed discussion. Could we, as somewhat enlightened individuals come to a reasonable conclusion about the readiness of Earth for 'D'?

Love and Peace ATS, I'd love for this to flow and be a great resource!

[edit on 14-10-2009 by kiwifoot]

posted on Oct, 14 2009 @ 03:04 PM
link   
Most believers are going to jump in and says "god yes!! TELL US!!"

But I think most people believers and non belivers are not at all ready. it think that it would be too much for many peoples minds to handle.

I can see some people just going into a catatonic state. some people just give up on life. some people go crazy. Anarchy will be rife in all countries, as the goverments seem now unimportant. "why should we be held responsible to them?" kind of mentality.

for disclosure. i think the best way would be remote viewing(telescope/satalites/rovers) of a non advanced habitited planet, and then slowly work their way up to technology/bioligically adavanced Alien beings. and finally "first contact" i think this is how it will happen, as it seems the most sensible.

[edit on 14-10-2009 by MR BOB]

posted on Oct, 14 2009 @ 03:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by MR BOB

for disclosure. i think the best way would be remote viewing(telescope/satalites/rovers) of a non advanced habitited planet, and then slowly work their way up to technology/bioligically adavanced Alien beings. i think this is how it will happen, as it seems to most sensible.

[edit on 14-10-2009 by MR BOB]

I agree wholeheartedly with what you said, but I wanted to highlight this mate as a very well thought out post.

I feel that's the best way forward. Star for you friend!

posted on Oct, 14 2009 @ 03:29 PM
link   
I am aware that what i'm going to say won't be much appreciated by many. But NOT, human race is averagely not ready to even figure out the meaning of "alien civilizations" in my humble opinion: a sudden, forced disclosure "independence day like" would generate panic, hysteria and fanatism. The fact that many (fairly) try to catch on camera some signs of extraterrestrial life, is just expression of our ancestrale refuse to the idea to be the only one in the universe: to be alone is our major fear, to believe in the existence of extraterrestrial intelligent life works as some alternative to the desperation to feel lonely.

posted on Oct, 14 2009 @ 03:39 PM
link   
I think the answer may largely depend upon what exactly there is to disclose; my own personal opinion based on the abduction phenomena as well as the reports of animal and possible human mutilation phenomena is that at least some of the aliens visiting us are following a very dark agenda. Given this I think the cover-up is understandable, albeit regrettable.

posted on Oct, 14 2009 @ 03:40 PM
link   
reply to post by internos

No mate, please accept that your comments and opinions are welcome, and appreciated.

Even if it may no be what some want to hear, you have a right to express it, and contribute. I also agree in part, it would be, for the most part catastrophic for D to happen.

But let us enjoy this debate and journey, let us see where we end up!

posted on Oct, 14 2009 @ 03:43 PM
link   
reply to post by sonicology

Sonicology, a very good post, and something those (and me) shouting "Yeeeeesssss!" probably didn't consider.

Do you think that for all those malevolent ETs there are Guardian ETs?

Nice post!

posted on Oct, 14 2009 @ 03:53 PM
link   
If I believed the ETH, which I don't, I'd say no.

It follows the same line of thought for me as the Exopolitics garbage:

Everyone wants "disclosure" without even really knowing what that means-because they don't know what the phenomena is to begin with.

You don't even know, what you want to know.

It's really absurd when you think about it. It never ceases to amaze me how pedestrian the "alien" is assumed to be. It's all the same culture-bound crap, with the exo-crowd leading the way, for future diplomacy and infrastructure for an issue they have no solidified idea about. It's at best nothing but castles in the thin air.

The true "alien" in my contention, is SO alien it'll make your jaw hit the floor and stay there. Not this human sci-fi peddled crap.

People talk about the effects on religion, culture, power structures...how about the notion of your very reality and perception being ripped out?

Ready for that? I don't think so.

[edit on 14-10-2009 by jritzmann]

posted on Oct, 14 2009 @ 04:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by jritzmann

Everyone wants "disclosure" without even really knowing what that means-because they don't know what the phenomena is to begin with.

You don't even know, what you want to know.

Ready for that? I don't think so.

[edit on 14-10-2009 by jritzmann]

Again, great post, I mean, none of us truly know hat ET will truly mean, it's only a concept forged from the idea of humans and their perception of the universe (taking into account Earth!)

But, on the same token, we don't really know that it isn't how we imagine, so it can't hurt to hypothesise and debate!

No doubt it will "make your jaw hit the floor" (great post!), and this:

"your very reality and perception being ripped out?"

Most definitely! But how?

What is for sure is nothing will be the main again after D!

Which brings me to the main point, can we handle it?

posted on Oct, 14 2009 @ 04:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by kiwifoot
The implications would be huge, earth shattering, multiple-paradigm altering, and down right scary.
Why?

Wouldn't that depend on what would be disclosed? Aren't you basing that interpretation on what the implications would be on a pre-made judgement?

Would the religious in the world embrace the newest of God's creatures or revolt?
I think that it would depend, as usual.

Some time ago a Vatican official said (and no, it was not an official Vatican proclamation, as many people pretend it to have been) that any extra-terrestrial life does not go against any thing that's in the bible, because nowhere is it said that the Earth was the only place where god created life.

Would the world's economy decline, stock markets implode on fears that our oil based economies might be worthless?
Once more, it depends.

Imagine that they would say "There is life on planet X, and they have oceans of oil that they do not use. Their energy source cannot be made on Earth because it's a rare element here on Earth, so they are letting us get all the oil we want from their planet".

The stock market would change, but I doubt that it would collapse. The same thing could happen if, for example, the need for oil would be highly reduced, only the companies could change.

Would fear, hatred and denial cause a shift in the conciousness of mankind across the globe because of the revelation of D?
We already have fear, hatred and denial of so many things on this planet that I think nobody would notice one or two more.

I would like to add that I think that many people see Alienas and a hypothetical disclosure as some kind of new messiah that will bring a new hope (like the Star Wars, Episode IV title
) to them, probably the result of a natural need for religion that they try to cover with a more socially accepted materialistic view.

posted on Oct, 14 2009 @ 04:13 PM
link   

How about the idea that these things are fractal beings, or that they exist between the very molecules that make up everything you know.

Or, the notion that most people hate: that they exist in the same space we do.. Not outer space...I'm talking about the space between for instance, you and your monitor.

That's comfortable huh?

Ready? For beings that can be real, and not be real? Not even close.

posted on Oct, 14 2009 @ 04:17 PM
link   
reply to post by ArMaP

Hey mate, It was hard to quote as you quoted me so much but i'll try and answer!

I think it would be Earth shattering simply because man operates (for the most part)on the assumption that we are the Alpha Male of the Cosmos. It would be very hard to take a step down on the evolutionary ladder so to speak! ( Assuming that ET is more advanced than us! But if they had space travel that would be a good assumption!)

Now I know that the pope has tackled the issue of ET, but that still leaves a vast number of Earth's religious folk unaccounted for.

About the economy, yeah you're right it depends on the kind of Et disclosed, but accepting the usual flying saucer kind of ET, with propulsion beyond our capability, it isn't a huge stretch to think they'd have alternative means of energy, do you think?

As for your last point mate I agree, totally!

I hope to get a reply and have a good ol debate with you bud!

posted on Oct, 14 2009 @ 04:18 PM
link   

But, on the same token, we don't really know that it isn't how we imagine, so it can't hurt to hypothesise and debate!

Oh it's fun, but it's relatively useless as to getting to any answers...or even better questions.

"we don't really know that it isn't how we imagine"

That's right, and in fact that might be why we seem to see and experience what we expect to with relation to the UFO/alien issue.

But there's a lot missing, and a lot mainstream UFOlogy has buried because it's too afraid people won't buy into it (it's simply too bizarre).

That missing data is what's in question here - because it doesn't support little green/grey men from another planet. Vallee said this years ago and no one wanted to listen...but the ETH is dying a slow death because the data just isn't fitting the hypothesis.

posted on Oct, 14 2009 @ 04:19 PM
link   

How about the idea that these things are fractal beings, or that they exist between the very molecules that make up everything you know.

Or, the notion that most people hate: that they exist in the same space we do.. Not outer space...I'm talking about the space between for instance, you and your monitor.

That's comfortable huh?

Ready? For beings that can be real, and not be real? Not even close.

Ah mate you get me wrong, the 'HOW' wasn't a challenge, but a question.

I agree. seriously I do!

kiwifoot

posted on Oct, 14 2009 @ 04:24 PM
link   
reply to post by jritzmann

Friend, I really don't want you to think that I'm disagreeing with you, not at all.

So you're saying that our inability to contemplate any ET life outside of what is normal to us is the problem?

So what do you mean, again not a challenge, a question. Do you mean nitrogen based life forms? Or interdimentional beings, what?

Again I cannot stress how much this isn't a challenge, just a desire to learn, honest!

posted on Oct, 14 2009 @ 04:28 PM
link   

Oh it's fun, but it's relatively useless as to getting to any answers...or even better questions.

"we don't really know that it isn't how we imagine"

That's right, and in fact that might be why we seem to see and experience what we expect to with relation to the UFO/alien issue.

But there's a lot missing, and a lot mainstream UFOlogy has buried because it's too afraid people won't buy into it (it's simply too bizarre).

That missing data is what's in question here - because it doesn't support little green/grey men from another planet. Vallee said this years ago and no one wanted to listen...but the ETH is dying a slow death because the data just isn't fitting the hypothesis.

Okay, what I really want to say is how do you see ET, and the key question, are we ready for D?

posted on Oct, 14 2009 @ 04:42 PM
link   

I really wouldn't want to speculate except to say that whatever the intentions of our visitors it would appear that conquest is not on the agenda as is shown by our continued presence here. Of course that is not to say that they are the caring "space brothers" some would have us believe either...

My own personal belief is that there has been some degree of contact (how much is anyones guess) between representatives of "theirs" and "ours" and that non-disclosure of their presence here is a condition of theirs (perhaps backed up by the threat of force) that happens to suit the people in the know rather nicely, for the time being at least.

posted on Oct, 14 2009 @ 04:45 PM
link   
When I observe, I see a people who are not even yet ready for themselves, and for the ones around them. I see a much bigger step that needs to be taken first : Knowing and being at peace with ourselves and the ones we inhabit this place with.

How this would translate into a much bigger picture I do not have an answer for, and is not for me or others to decide. We can only decide for ourselves, that is the only responsibility we can share. Set the example you wish to see, intend for others to seek and know.

Be In Peace.

posted on Oct, 14 2009 @ 04:47 PM
link   

Okay, what I really want to say is how do you see ET, and the key question, are we ready for D?

I don't see ET at all. I see something much more complex and involved, and likely something we cannot get our heads around. I do not believe disclosure even exists, in the thought that anyone could actually disclose anything.

I guess the overarching thought in conspiracy laced UFOlogy is that the "Govt" knows and won't tell us. I personally think the "cover up"is that they *don't* know plenty about it.

I mean what would be easier to take?

"We have ET visitors from (insert favorite ET locale here)".
or
"We don't know who they are, or where they come from, and we cannot stop them - all we can say is they have the ability to exist within our reality at any time for unknown reasons."

My favorite experiencer quote:
"I asked the aliens: why do you pretend to be extraterrestrials? They said "Because if you people found out what we really are there'd be mass panic".

posted on Oct, 14 2009 @ 04:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by sonicology

I really wouldn't want to speculate except to say that whatever the intentions of our visitors it would appear that conquest is not on the agenda as is shown by our continued presence here. Of course that is not to say that they are the caring "space brothers" some would have us believe either...

My own personal belief is that there has been some degree of contact (how much is anyones guess) between representatives of "theirs" and "ours" and that non-disclosure of their presence here is a condition of theirs (perhaps backed up by the threat of force) that happens to suit the people in the know rather nicely, for the time being at least.

I really appreciate your input, I agree, and disagree.

I disagree in that if it was really their intention to invade (or something equally as bad) they wouldn't pussyfoot around.)

But I agree that non-disclosure is a condition of OUR govt.

My opinion friend, in no way a slight on you!

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join