It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The honest question/discussion thread. Are we truly ready for ET discolsure?

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 15 2009 @ 03:14 AM
link   
quite hard to say really. THats the excuse the brookings institute gave nasa.
today when not nearly as many people believe in jeebus, alla or whomever else we may call the gods, so religious nutt-icism wouldnt be that great a factor. we dont trust our governments so whether or not they can battle these things is irrelivant. I think its more show it on the telly, let it be talked about for a couple of weeks. then they get their celebrity status as aliens, and then side track the people with another lame musician killing himself over a bad drug deal and baby formula or something. then the population forgets because wal-mart is having a sale on bubbas brautwerst.

posted on Oct, 15 2009 @ 05:09 AM
link   
Great thread !

Disclosure has already happened for those who are awake and chose to look at the topic seriously (those who can discern from all the jackass hoaxers out there)-

Disclosure will come to the rest ......when it suits a bigger agenda. The impact of disclosure will be "managed" to correspond with what they want to achieve.

What baffles me is why the tax payer is happy to fund exploration / research without questioning the dollars in relation to the bs given in return.

Why should the many fund the few to have the information / power which can then be used against the masses - This is injustice which has to stop. To be continually lied to is not acceptable in any society.

Over the past few decades we have progressed technological discovery without ethical debate - without even asking should we do this? what are the potential consequences of doing this?
just because we CAN do something does not necessarily mean that we SHOULD.

The majority of the population are blissfully unaware of much of what is happening in the world - not necessarily because the information is not available - but because they are simply not interested in anything that does not have a direct impact on their everyday lives.

I think that full disclosure would be treated much the same by the general populus.....depending directly upon how the media spin it to them.

The facts need not direcly impact upon religion - the concepts can be evolved to ensure that the essesnce remains the static....again this depends upon the agenda of those in charge of the religion how they want to spin it.

I believe that the Vatican city is well aware of extra terrestrial life - they have spent lavishly upon telescopic equipment for years, the vatican city monuments are layed out to mirror the constellations and they have many of their high ranking officials have expressed their belief that we are not alone - I believe that the Vatican archives would be the Holy Grail for UFOlogists etc.

posted on Oct, 15 2009 @ 06:02 AM
link   
The FULL DISCLOSURE is Close...
Humanity needs this because we are on the edge of the abyss...

The darker abyss that we can imagine.

The world-wide finance is collapsed, the industrial production is collapsed and is still not seen a light in this darkness.

The simpler answer to this situation is: WAR!

From always, in order to save “the economy”, in order to increase the industrial production, in order to develop new materials, new medicines, and new industries the answer has been only one: WAR!

But this time it is very different…

We need DISCLOSURE.
When this happens it will involve a radical change in our perception, a change of paradigm and a positive push to the change, not only spiritual.

This event, if governed with wisdom from the governments and the Mass-media, will be able to have the same effect of an industrial revolution.

Not a sudden revolution that could reveal a catastrophic but gradual release of licenses (ET engineering) that they will be able gradually to create new materials, new metals, new industries and a high number of new employements.

This obviously will involve a gradual abandonment from the oil and of the nuclear energy and the introduction, slow, but inexorable of free energy (Tesla).

If indeed the News or a Proof of the existence of other Alien Races hidden for a long time from the Governments worldwide were released then:
What happen to common people?
Which implications?
Which changes in the real life of everyone?
What we could find of positive after the initial schock?

New Materials, new Energy, new Factories, New types of intense activities, jobs and an economic impulse without precedence!

A New Era will be opened.

A first Disclosure, very probably already has been when the Vatican allowed Christopher Columbus to observe the secret maps guarded in its archives and that they spoke about an other continent inhabited beyond the Atlantic ocean. AMERICA!
The discovery of the America by Christopher Columbus has opened a new era for humanity. There been also many wrong things (for example the massacres of natives) but this DISCLOSURE, from the economic point of view, has given to an Europe that was on the edge of the economic catastrophe in 1400 an incredible speed to outside from the dark years of the Middle Age.

We need DISCLOSURE for a NEW ERA.

As soon this happens, than much best will be for all us.

Now the governments have the responsibility to make a JUMP or to BURY the entire humanity…

posted on Oct, 15 2009 @ 06:31 AM
link   
no,no ,no ,no ,no ,no ,no ,no ......yes !

...however , I think any introduction would be closely stage managed and controlled by the PTB .

posted on Oct, 15 2009 @ 06:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by internos
Regarding disclosure:
there's question i'd like to put to you my friends.

IF

There was nothing to hide, then why France ( CNES : GEIPAN - )

and britain's MoD decided to release some useless stuff right now? If there was nothing to hide, then why we had to wait? Time to study the stuff or time to cover the results up?

Heck, i'm skeptik enough, but can't find an answer to this question.

Very true, it can't be both ways, by that I mean there's either a secret being kept, or nothing.

Nobody keeps nothing classified do they?

Hm, unless they are trying to keep us guessing, that's a possibility.

But it is more likely to be the other way, that there is ET and that's being kept from us.

posted on Oct, 15 2009 @ 06:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by radarloveguy

no,no ,no ,no ,no ,no ,no ,no ......yes !

...however , I think any introduction would be closely stage managed and controlled by the PTB .

Short, concise and very efficient, nice one!

posted on Oct, 15 2009 @ 07:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by ArMaP

( Assuming that ET is more advanced than us! But if they had space travel that would be a good assumption!)
More assumptions that were not present in the OP.

Your theoretical disclosure was not related to any specific situation, like the implied situation of the ETs visiting us. If you would like to talk about any possible disclosure then you should start by removing those limitations imposed but not named on the OP.

Oh come on!!

I think you may possibly be splitting hairs mate!

Alien/UFO advanced technology is a normal part of the disclosure debate, surely!

Why not discuss the issue rather than worry about the correctness of the question in the OP or the parameters of the discussion!

C'mon friend, work with me.

posted on Oct, 15 2009 @ 07:21 AM
link   
Well I think I would rather see the government disclose sooner rather than later!

If by chance that a huge mother ship parks in earth orbit I think that would terrify people out there minds more, Especially after the movie id4.

posted on Oct, 15 2009 @ 07:53 AM
link   
reply to post by kiwifoot

Yes, I was just nit-picking, but I think you should have been clearer in your opening post.

The problem with the technology of an alien race capable of reaching us from somewhere else in the Universe is that it could be too related to their physiology, like our own technology is to us.

Things in real life are not as in Independence Day, where the aliens used Apple-compatible computers, and their user interface, if physical, could be useless to us. Their whole technology could be based on something impossible to do here but natural in their place of origin.

There is also the possibility that they do not really have a planet, and although they have found a way of travelling the universe much faster than we can it's not fast enough for them to come and go, so those that come to Earth do not come directly from a planet but from a ship that functions as their whole civilisation, for example.

So, even if we limit the possibilities in some way, the possibilities that remain are so many that we cannot get a real idea of what it could be. For what we know they can even be like a parasitic species that lives in larger space animals that travel from planet to planet, with no technology (as we know it) involved.

PS: and I am not an imaginative person, imagine what someone with a real active imagination could imagine.

Edited to change from "Apple computers" to "Apple-compatible computers", it's more correct that way.

[edit on 15/10/2009 by ArMaP]

posted on Oct, 15 2009 @ 08:05 AM
link   
reply to post by kiwifoot

I’m not a very solid person on this one you see I’ve toppled from one side of the fence to the other on the subject, they are or are not here. I concede that they may have been here in the distant past but I don’t think so now. Anyhow let’s not argue what I think. The important thing here is it makes a difference.

If D indicated that they were here in our distant past I reckon most people could handle it. On the other hand if they showed us an alien ship sitting next to the space lab I think that would send some people full moon crazy.
So it depends on the circumstance of D – yes/no?

MJ2

posted on Oct, 15 2009 @ 08:18 AM
link   
reply to post by ArMaP

Armap
Dead right – One thing that cannot be escaped even to aliens is size does matter. That’s to say the bigger the ship the more energy needed to move it from A-B. So alien ships I think would not be large like that example in silly independence day. In fact smaller the better and I’ve speculated many times that we may be looking in the wrong place we should be looking small.

OP you maybe saying what has this got to do with D. Well a lot actually because if D indicated these things were say small nano devices perhaps people wouldn’t fret as much as if they really were IDday size.
MJ2

posted on Oct, 15 2009 @ 09:04 AM
link   
reply to post by majestictwo

I agree with both your posts friend.

I have never actually considered that (size issue), I feel it makes sense though.

I suppose it all depends on their technology, I mean for us it makes sense to make a ship small and efficient, but maybe they're not restricted by the same issues.

posted on Oct, 15 2009 @ 09:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by foshobombdiggity
I don't get what you're saying. Let's say they are there right now, it doesnt affect us because i we don't know about it. If all of a sudden we found out about their existence, it would make absolutely no difference. Absolutely nothing would change other than the fact that we now know theres life, that is still, in no way effecting us.

if you don't want to know about something(that's having no negative effect) because you're afraid knowing of it's existence will scare you, I'm sorry but that's quite sad.

We don't know about it? Well, thats selling a bit short really. I think we all know there's something going on, an "other" if you want to call it that...otherwise there wouldn't be much discussion on here.

The idea that it's having no negative effect? We don't know that either. It's a bucket of unknowns, that everyone wants someone in power to pour out...the problem is, it's like the "power" held bucket is largely empty as well.

It's not a notion of fear, it's likely going to be much more complex an issue than "aliens" from outer space, and one that confronts the very notion of perception and reality.

Ultimately, whatever it turns out to be, if it ever enacts significant open relations and reveals itself (because it's the only one who can - this would all be over tomorrow if the enigma revealed itself - Govt. conspiratorial cover-up thinkers often ignore this) it still will be the same result: acculturation - we and our way of life will be swallowed, by the other culture (if it exists as a culture at all) Either way, this world as we know it, is over.

Many people would fear that. You're all relatively safe and warm inside the reality you think is "it". Now, expound that the "reality" you know is only an illusion based on the 3 pound universe within you skull (your brain).

Many people, would completely fall apart. So no, I don't think anyone is truly ready for that. Transformation is often painful and difficult.

But honestly? There won't ever be "disclosure". This enigma has been elusive for all of history, and there's no reason to think it's going to drop it's masquerade anytime soon. Until then, keep looking at anti-structure and marginality, and quit searching for the "why" - realize that it's completely beyond us. Then, I think, we get somewhere.

[edit on 15-10-2009 by jritzmann]

posted on Oct, 15 2009 @ 10:05 AM
link   
Those that are ready have already accepted the ride from the other side through soul contracts, have already been given the oppurtunity for their own personal disclosure which is a lot more relative to the individual then the average setting, but I would state that most individuals that are contacted have some type of special ability to offer whether it be the way one expresses his words or the ability to capture an audiences attention just by presence alone.

"Man alone stands a greater chance to discovering the truth then the whole"

Why I state that is because until man truly gives in to his indulgences he has already lost what the ride was about, to increase awareness into the genetic chain of mankind. Lighting up one cell of the human body at a time.

There is a mass of information each relative to the daily dialogue we interact with, but what happens when things go beyond the normal bounderies of perception, observation, or interpretation. Imagination is the only world present in the gods realm, what creates life is a form of light, but before it comes to light first it must come from the inside walls of space, sometimes in between the ears.

Those that are ready have already been taken aboard another reality, seperate from normal civilian life. What does being extraterrestrial mean probably more along the lines of having extrasensory perception in a given field of study.

Extraterrestrials are usually those souls that have progressed up the ladder to a point of refinement that they disappeared from this world into another.That ladder is awareness. The genetic chain we call dna is probably all the lives we lived summed up into one being. That would be a far out ride to have the potential to unlock the secrets of the universes, beyond the normal bounderies of attention or perception.

The true art of being alone in space is knowing you ride alone, but in that rise there are adventures that come along with that space and enviroment.

The bounderies of being more then men stems from our ability to ride out situations on our own volition, to handle stress, to handle responsibility to do the right thing in every moment takes time to handle.

The one thing one might handle is our world arrives with the attention span of our world.

Dna is a genetic coding and within that coding is like a living breathing tissue in itself, what happens when all the codes start to remember where they came from?

What happens when the (spiritual blueprint) of mankind has been exceeded it moves up into another form of existance.

[edit on 15-10-2009 by menguard]

posted on Oct, 15 2009 @ 01:06 PM
link   
Well, Kiwifoot -

I gotta tell ya. You want an honest response and I am going to give it to you. I have even omitted reading the previous responses until after this one is posted so as to not derail my train of thought because as you will see it is extensive.

First off for those who don't wish to continue reading, my short answer is a solid and resounding "NO".

Now for those who wish to find out how I qualify and quantify this answer with my own personal perceptions as to the reasons why, please keep reading.

It is my, for lack of a better word, belief, that there are no Aliens or Extraterrestrials. But before you get in a snit about that statement please read on. I will explain.

Let's think of each aspect of the "normal" and "paranormal" as individual dimensions that act as strands in a never ending fabric that is being woven on one end and unraveled on the other. Where the dimensions touch each other is the finished part in the middle. Sometimes our psyche is in contact with one or more of these threads and at other times it is entirely disengaged at a unconscious level. It's important to remember that conscious part because although we are not never a part of the whole, it is only when we are conscious and cogent do we actively engage that which is perceived and not perceived. We are open. Clear. A channel to take in the constant flow of things Mentally, Physically and Spiritually. Every Thing is a construct of those components. An amalgam of senses, receptors, filters and qualifiers. How open we are at any given moment is the determinent for the quality of the experience. We witness as a collective whole for Consciousness itself. We engage and collect experiences and information at the level of individualism for the conscious whole.

With that mouthful being said, it is my experience and my opinion that the entirety of the Paranormal Spectrum is one and the same phenomenon. It is where the Mind/Spirit engages the esoteric portion of the conscious fabric or dimensions just like the gross physical body has it's receptors for gathering info at the 3D realm. When we are truly open to all three aspects of experiencing, we act as the weft and the shuttle by which the fabric of those realities is woven together recognizable in only the moment of touching and never before and certainly not after. The strands are separated and unraveled post and past the event of cognitive touching at the three levels.

So if we look at the gross aspects of things as they are and not what we think they should be, qualifying an Nth of an aspect to represent the broader whole becomes not only impossible but superfluous. We are built and programmed by ourselves and for ourselves to find out that we know that we don't know. Knowledge is highly subjective, interpretive and wildly innaccurate in every way as it only has it's deepest meaning within the mind of the perceiver who's filters are programmed parameters of culture, race, religion, creed, education and mentality. It is impossible for two to experience the same aspect of any event. But the saving grace is that no matter how many are experiencing an event, we all can see it as one. Truly see. Truly witness. Truly observe without thought, without parameter, without prejudice and without condition. From that view of totality and complete consciousness we perceive fully for the collective whole.

How can we look for life on other planets when we honestly don't even know where ours is in relation to it all? We can't even prove our own existence let alone clarify it and qualify it. It is all a game of intimate subjectivity and personal interpretation.

When we are finally brave enough to know nothing we will all at once understand everything...

Cheers,

Erik

posted on Oct, 15 2009 @ 02:51 PM
link   
reply to post by Imagir

THAT was a fantastic post. Thanks for all that.

I think we're part way into D with the Disclosure Project, the Vatican Officials public ET stuff, Edgar Mitchells thing and all
the films like Close Encounters, ET etc etc.
The public are well softened up for any revelations to come.

I'm one of 'the public' - and I'm more than well softened up.

We here and on other Conspiracy forums are NOT an alternative elite,
who are better than 'the general public'. We ARE the general public.

It doesn't help that we hear that Insiders are not in agreement about D and may be working against each other in various ways.

If it's handled the right way I think the public will be thrilled and it will raise consciousness.

They will not be thrilled, though, about being kept in the dark . So this would have to be handled sensibly. As much as many of us might not like it, I think there would have to be an amnesty for the people involved in the Cover Up. The National Security excuse? would have to be wheeled out and efforts made not to encourage a lynch-party mentality.

If I was in charge of D I would want to see Richard Hoagland get Prime Time spots on TV to present his evidence on Glass Domes on the Moon and the Face on Mars.

Start with something like that. Ancient monuments and ruins on the Moon and Mars. Ease into it.

Then I'd have Bob Dean to give an inspirational talk - Prime Time.

Then Edgar Mitchell - but toning the Cover Up aspects down a bit and talking more about the 'Old Timers.' and what they wanted the public to know - through him.

That's as far as I've got so far. There's the 'Free Energy' thing and making sure the economy doesn't collapse.

But done properly I think that we, the public, ARE ready and would/will
be thrilled and excited.

It would have to be done in stages - but as swiftly as sensitively as possible.

posted on Oct, 15 2009 @ 03:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by Asmus
When I observe, I see a people who are not even yet ready for themselves, and for the ones around them. I see a much bigger step that needs to be taken first : Knowing and being at peace with ourselves and the ones we inhabit this place with.

How this would translate into a much bigger picture I do not have an answer for, and is not for me or others to decide. We can only decide for ourselves, that is the only responsibility we can share. Set the example you wish to see, intend for others to seek and know.

Be In Peace.

This is also my truth. I am exactly where I need to be and when we all are in that perfect harmony we will become aware of things that have been here all along.

"I noticed that reality was changing over and over and over again and it hurt to think about it and then something happened. I became aware that it was not reality that was in a state of change... it was I."

posted on Oct, 15 2009 @ 03:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by Moraz
Maybe the aliens don't have physical bodies to be seen but are entities that can communicate with us in a telepathic way, can travel (thought is instantaneous) and create matter with the power of the mind , etc... they might not be on our 'phyisical realm' but rather on another sort of 'dimension'.

Maybe we're all one consciousness experiencing itself subjectively, the Universe is an hologram and there's no such thing as humans, aliens or matter.

How would you disclose such thing to the general public? I can't even fully understand it myself...

This is my truth and you have quite an understanding. Someone once said in a movie to "ask the right questions." You would have no problems doing so.

This is from yet another movie and I think it suites us humans very well:

Dan Millman: Life has just three rules?
Socrates: And you already know them...
Dan Millman: Paradox, humour, and change.
Socrates: Paradox...
Dan Millman: Life is a mystery. Don't waste time trying to figure it out.
Socrates: Humour...
Dan Millman: Keep a sense of humour, especially about yourself. It is a strength beyond all measure.
Socrates: Change...
Dan Millman: Know that nothing stays the same.

We became aware that the earth revolved around the sun and not the other way around.. who says we are not still becoming aware? THAT is god and that is my answer.

posted on Oct, 15 2009 @ 03:50 PM
link   
reply to post by Imagir

Sounds very nice to me. I love change. It is always neat to see the same exact thing from a different perspective and especially when its a complete orientation thing, like up is down and down is up. I could say what I know is happening and what is about to happen (from a perspective) but it would only make sense to me. I am happier than I have ever been and this is a very good day.

-Benji

posted on Oct, 15 2009 @ 04:01 PM
link   
I speculate that if disclosure was to occur than the pharmaceutical organisations may profit greatly due to a psychological dilemma.

[edit on 10/15/2009 by krystalice]

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join