It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Judgment Day: Birther Taitz Fined $20,000 For Misconduct

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 13 2009 @ 09:17 PM
link   

Judgment Day: Birther Taitz Fined $20,000 For Misconduct

tpmmuckraker.talkingpointsmemo.com

Finally fed up with Orly Taitz's repeated frivolous and conspiracy-ridden filings in a Birther lawsuit, the judge in the case has fined the crusading attorney $20,000.

Opening with a quote from Justice Cardozo on the privilege of bar membership, Judge Clay Land of the U.S. District Court in the Middle District Of Georgia goes on for some length -- the order is 43 pages -- explaining his reasoning:
(visit the link for the full news article)

Mod Edit to fix link

[edit on 10/13/2009 by semperfortis]

posted on Oct, 13 2009 @ 09:17 PM
link   
I think it is about time that the court has decided to stop her from just turning the court system into her fantasy play ground with her baseless claims and repeated use of false documents as evidence. I wish they would do a investigation of the woman for the false documents she has used in the past. I wouldn't say that if she would of stopped at the first one but she has used more since.

posted on Oct, 13 2009 @ 09:20 PM
link   
These are the quotes from the judge from the above link and I agree with him .

When a lawyer files complaints and motions without a reasonable basis for believing that they are supported by existing law or a modification or extension of existing law, that lawyer abuses her privilege to practice law. When a lawyer uses the courts as a platform for a political agenda disconnected from any legitimate legal cause of action, that lawyer abuses her privilege to practice law. When a lawyer personally attacks opposing parties and disrespects the integrity of the judiciary, that lawyer abuses her privilege to practice law. When a lawyer recklessly accuses a judge of violating the Judicial Code of Conduct with no supporting evidence beyond her dissatisfaction with the judge's rulings, that lawyer abuses her privilege to practice law. When a lawyer abuses her privilege to practice law, that lawyer ceases to advance her cause or the ends of justice.

Regrettably, the conduct of counsel Orly Taitz has crossed these lines, and Ms. Taitz must be sanctioned for her misconduct. After a full review of the sanctionable conduct, counsel's conduct leading up to that conduct, and counsel's response to the Court's show cause order, the Court finds that a monetary penalty of $20,000.00 shall be imposed upon counsel Orly Taitz as punishment for her misconduct, as a deterrent to prevent future misconduct, and to protect the integrity of the Court. Payment shall be made to the United States, through the Middle District of Georgia Clerk's Office, within thirty days of today's Order. If counsel fails to pay the sanction due, the U.S. Attorney will be authorized to commence collection proceedings.

posted on Oct, 13 2009 @ 09:32 PM
link   
Trying to find out more on the case I came across the below article and seems she thinks its all a game I hope the courts show her its not so they can give some sort of credability back to the court system.

Orly Taitz Responds To Judge's $20k Fine: Shove It!

Reached on her cell phone by TPMmuckraker and informed of the $20,000 fine imposed on her by a federal judge this morning, Birther attorney Orly Taitz responded, first, with laughter.

"So he didn't recuse himself?" Taitz asked, after letting out an extended, nervous-sounding chuckle.

Still defiant after months of legal wrangling and, by our count, three written denunciations by federal district court Judge Clay Land, Taitz said she had absolutely no plans to pay the $20,000 fine.

"Are you kidding? Of course not," she said, asked whether she planned to send a check. "This is a form of intimidation."

posted on Oct, 13 2009 @ 09:56 PM
link   
Great news, but unfortunately I doubt seriously Orly's ability to take a hint and put her case to rest.

I'll bet the farm that within 48 hours she'll shift into donation mode to try and raise money to pay off the fine and continue with more law suits. It'll probably take one or two more fines such as this or disbarment to keep her from trying to get these cases in front of a jury.

At least she's earned a place in history. It might not be in the way she hoped, but at least she's still there!

posted on Oct, 13 2009 @ 10:11 PM
link   
Too bad for you *Snip* that this has no effect on the real court case in Calif.
Lay it out there, let an Honest judge look at it and lets see what they say.

(2) Alterations of a politicians name, or any other high-profile political figure, for disparaging political effect is not allowed, including within member avatars and signatures.

posted on Oct, 13 2009 @ 10:14 PM
link   
reply to post by j2000

Obamatron? How mature?

How many other real court cases are we going to have before this dies? A few months back this was the real deal that had ATS in a buzz and it turns out to be the same BS.

We will see though.

posted on Oct, 13 2009 @ 10:15 PM
link   
Attention Please..

Reaffirming Our Desire For Productive Political Debate

Everyone gets one free pass. Next one is a warning

Semper

posted on Oct, 13 2009 @ 10:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by Avenginggecko
I'll bet the farm that within 48 hours she'll shift into donation mode to try and raise money to pay off the fine and continue with more law suits. It'll probably take one or two more fines such as this or disbarment to keep her from trying to get these cases in front of a jury.

She's already accepting donations, I don't know what for but she is.

Help the crazy lady out.

posted on Oct, 13 2009 @ 10:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by JBA2848

I think it is about time that the court has decided to stop her from just turning the court system into her fantasy play ground with her baseless claims and repeated use of false documents as evidence. I wish they would do a investigation of the woman for the false documents she has used in the past. I wouldn't say that if she would of stopped at the first one but she has used more since.

gee , i thought it was time for transparency like barry promised.
well at least barry has the 1.4 mil from the peace prize to keep paying the lawyers to keep avoiding the situation.
i'm sure the first mil he spent to hide his past came from taxpayers or campaign funds.

i know. that doesn't count when the messiah does it.

posted on Oct, 13 2009 @ 10:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by Uniceft17
reply to post by j2000

Obamatron? How mature?

How many other real court cases are we going to have before this dies? A few months back this was the real deal that had ATS in a buzz and it turns out to be the same BS.

We will see though.

What you are speaking of is the CA case. It is with Judge Carter. The trial dates got hard set last week.
He is looking at a motion to dismiss by Obama's lawyer, (tax payer paid by the way), so far, he has made Orly turn in paper work to let it move forward.
The next step is discovery. If he denies the dismissal request, it's all going down. That is the last one they get.
He has already turn down three of them I think. Not sure on number.

This is federal court. If it moves forward, the judge on this thread will have to drop everything he tried to do to her.

What is interesting also, are the list of claiments. She has eveything on her site and up to date. Courts docks and all.

posted on Oct, 13 2009 @ 10:28 PM
link   
reply to post by Uniceft17

If you have ever been thru the court system, you would know why she is needing money. On top of that, they have had to comb the world for evidence and investigations. The SSN's are the most interesting that I see.
They have found many of them.
This is more than just the BC for this case.

posted on Oct, 13 2009 @ 10:32 PM
link   
reply to post by j2000

So an honest judge is one that hears a case with no actual merit and no actual evidence? Orly has yet to bring one case in court past a certain point. Every case gets to the same exact point in pre-trial and it always ends up the same - the judge completely tosses the case and admonishes Orly for wasting the court's time.

She simply spins each and every one of these frivolous cases on her web site to make it look like she's made progress when in reality she hasn't.

The major networks air time with her because people eat up the drama and either love seeing a train wreck or are so ground in their ideology they refuse to see the forest for the trees.

Oh, and don't forget the big DONATE button placed squarely front and center on her web site!

posted on Oct, 13 2009 @ 10:41 PM
link   
reply to post by Avenginggecko

Thanks for all those hard core facts.

I'll keep them in mind.

posted on Oct, 13 2009 @ 10:53 PM
link   
I don't get it. As a lawyer she is an officer of the court.

She has a doubt about the legitimacy of the presidents birth certificate.

Long form.

Let HER see the long form. No copies she can keep, just make one copy for her and the judge to see and return it to the president for destruction of whatever as it would be HIS copy.

What is so impossible about this... What makes it so outrageous a case?

Cops get away with shooting home owners and pay millions to cons they shoot in the act of committing crimes, Old ladies make millions for spilling their coffee and OJ Simpson goes to jail for theft not murder .

All sorts of things go to trial...both civil and criminal...What is so wrong about taking the president to trial over the belief that he does not have a real birth certificate?

None of this would even BE an issue if he had not released that strange internet copy that could of easily been faked... Thats why folks want a long form with a doctors signature and all the ear marks of a REAL birth certificate... Heck even my short form has more information than the one Obama released online...

Show us the birth certificate and this conspiracy goes away.

OR continue to call folks like Taitz nutty and continue to refuse to show us the long form and continue this darn conspiracy.

The call seems to be on Obama and for whatever his reasons he seems to be unwilling to show his long form at all costs.....

One should wonder why when it is just that easy to shut people up.

Heck at this stage in the game he should be able to provide a real enough looking one to shut up the birthers..

But he is not even doing that....

Instead he is taking the path of silence.... and that is what keeps the suspicion going.

Why not just put an end to it?

posted on Oct, 13 2009 @ 10:58 PM
link   
The 14 page decision can be read here in it entirety.

Bravo Judge Land!

posted on Oct, 13 2009 @ 11:26 PM
link   
reply to post by JBA2848

I disagree with Taitz and her fantasy birther "evidence" probably the most out of anybody here but I always supported her right to make a case to the courts. Not necessarily as she would want it, infront of Obama, with the media cameras around, but nevertheless a chance for her to go to court and present what she had. That being said, she has had numerous chances to prove her accusations, and on every occasion she would present "speculative smears" towards Obama. The fact the Kenyan BC was fake, after her accusation that Obamas hawaiian certified one was fake.... her accusations over Obama's supposed SS numbers... which she didnt really follow up on or prove any of the sort... it got to the point where she was presenting lies as evidence to discredit Obamas eligibility.

Its about time she got fined, and I hope theres more to follow for her counterparts who also continue to present these lies to the court.

SG

[edit on 13-10-2009 by Southern Guardian]

posted on Oct, 13 2009 @ 11:35 PM
link   
reply to post by Southern Guardian

May I ask when did the Kenyan BC go to court to prove it fake or not. She never said it was real anyways. She wanted the court to verify it. As far as I know, it's still in the CA court with all the other stuff.

posted on Oct, 13 2009 @ 11:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by titorite
I don't get it. As a lawyer she is an officer of the court.

And she abused that position by presenting lies and assumptions as evidence. Theres nothing more to get.

She has a doubt about the legitimacy of the presidents birth certificate.

She has a right to her views, opinions and freedoms of speech. She doesnt have a right to wage a lawsuit against somebody based on lies and assumptions. She took an online course in law, she should understand duty as a lawyer, to uphold the truth, and to put the evidence where her mouth is.

Long form.

The short hawaiian birth certificate is legally sufficient evidence of eligibility in the state of Hawaii. One that has been authenticated by the Hawaiian health department might I add. She can deal with it like everybody else.

Let HER see the long form.

She doesnt have that right sorry.

Cops get away with shooting home owners and pay millions to cons they shoot in the act of committing crimes, Old ladies make millions for spilling their coffee and OJ Simpson goes to jail for theft not murder .

In these cases they were proven guilty with solid evidence. Where is Taitz solid evidence regarding Obamas ineligibility?

Show us the birth certificate and this conspiracy goes away.

His already shown his birth certificate:
www.politifact.com...

Signed, authenticated by the director who signed it, authenticated by the state of Hawaii health department, and yet this conspiracy continues on. The short form is sufficient evidence, the short form is the form used by most americans to get a drivers licence.

call Taitz nutty

You say shes not nutty. Thats on your back buddy.

SG

posted on Oct, 13 2009 @ 11:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by j2000
reply to post by Southern Guardian

May I ask when did the Kenyan BC go to court to prove it fake or not.

Iv got some questions for you to:

1. When was the Hawaiian BC proven fake when it didnt go to court and when it was authenticated by officials themselves?

2. Explain to me how on earth a Kenyan government document with the "republic seal and initial" 9 months before the government officially declared itself a republic not be proven a fake?

-Hows it not proven a fake if it has not been authenticated by Kenyan officials?
-Hows it not a fake if it got his fathers age wrong at the time of Obamas birth?
-Hows it not a fake if it matches another australian one in the same form on another website posted 2 years prior?

How has it not been proven fake?? Have you proven it authentic? Get me that Kenyan department of health director please, I'd like to have a word with him.

She never said it was real anyways. She wanted the court to verify it.

She presented the Kenyan BC as "Obamas kenyan birth certificate" without any wording keeping its authenticity neutral. In addition to that she did state it was "real" before she removed it from her website.

In addition to that, she no longer pays attention to the kenyan BC and has not informed us of any official authenticity of it.

SG

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join