It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Conspiracy of American Political Peril

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 13 2009 @ 08:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by Wimbly
1. Why is a Canadian so concerned with politics in the US?
2. What exactly constitutes "political hatred"

1. Why not? Nothing on TV right now, and it's instructional to see the right devour itself.

2. Political hatred is when it has gone beyond discourse and into sheer vitriol...such as we have been witnessing in the US. Our Steve wants to play, too, but we won't give him a majority.

Still...up here, the other side is still regarded as "Her Majesty's Loyal Opposition".

And we hardly ever lynch Tories any more.

posted on Oct, 13 2009 @ 08:25 AM
link   
reply to post by SkepticOverlord

The policy is clear. It's not my fault if you seek to muddle it.

Obviously its not when you're moving threads that bring attention to bills the Democrats are bringing up. How in the world is a thread about what Democrats in congress are doing political hatred? You cant seem to answer that, so no its not clear.

reply to post by JohnnyCanuck

Political hatred is when it has gone beyond discourse and into sheer vitriol...such as we have been witnessing in the US. Our Steve wants to play, too, but we won't give him a majority.

Ok, you just explained your adjective with another adjective. Why cant you see that its just a relabeling of dissent, because the party in power now doesn't like criticism? When Republicans were getting bashed it was called the most patriotic thing you could do. Now tat the shoe is on the other foot, the rules change. A totally predictable outcome mind you.

How is a thread about a Democrat bill "vitriol"? Answer, when its Republicans criticizing Democrats. Not the other way around.

Why not? Nothing on TV right now, and it's instructional to see the right devour itself.

So, it is a left/right thing for you? Even though its politics that have nothing to do with you? Thats just weird.

[edit on 13-10-2009 by Wimbly]

posted on Oct, 13 2009 @ 08:28 AM
link   
Well good, it pleases me no end to see all the political nutters confined to quarters.

Get in your box and stay there.

Maybe now when i look up recent posts i won't be staring at 20 threads all saying the same thing yet on multiple forums.

Hopefully now ATS will be ATS, and Infowars will be Infowars.

posted on Oct, 13 2009 @ 08:34 AM
link   
reply to post by SkepticOverlord

Oh hail, mighty BOSS. . . I digress,

Since just about every post I have ever "penned" has been shifted here, I thought I might chime in.

At first was insulted. As a conservative (like I try to hide it) I felt that my ideas, opinions had merit. I still feel that way. Currently, I'm trying to debate on another thread about some of the self-same issues.

Initially, this does smack of partisan ideology. I will be patient and see what comes of it. I hope you are right.

Right now, I fear otherwise.

posted on Oct, 13 2009 @ 08:35 AM
link   

So, it is a left/right thing for you? Even though its politics that have nothing to do with you? Thats just weird.

Dude, without the smartassing, I have to say that I find the level of bitter antagonism coming from the right to be alarming. Sure, I'm merely an observer and my politics are centre/left...but I am still a reasonable thinker.

Democrats are not without blame...but the rights scares me.

No need to debate this further with me...I'm just trying to explain myself.

posted on Oct, 13 2009 @ 08:38 AM
link   
reply to post by JohnnyCanuck

Dude, without the smartassing, I have to say that I find the level of bitter antagonism coming from the right to be alarming. Sure, I'm merely an observer and my politics are centre/left...but I am still a reasonable thinker.

Democrats control everything in this country, but the right scares you? This is exactly what I'm talking about. This is CLEARLY an attempt to silence critics of the people control the US government right now. Of course, you're a reasonable thinker, but anyone who disagrees with you is clearly a scary right winger.

Do you guys re-read what you post? Its blowing my mind that ATS people have apparently become so fascist. You guys can rationalize just about anything as long as its against those evil "right wingers".

posted on Oct, 13 2009 @ 08:39 AM
link   
I am grateful to see this happen. Hopefully the members get this, and post all non conspiracy theory related political threads in this new forum from now on.

Anything pro or anti Obama, pro or anti democrat, pro or anti republican, pro or anti Bush, pro or anti liberal, pro or anti conservative; Anything that feeds the political divide goes into this forum from now on.

I hope I've put it as simple as possible...

posted on Oct, 13 2009 @ 08:43 AM
link   

Of course, you're a reasonable thinker, but anyone who disagrees with you is clearly a scary right winger.

No...that is simply not the case.

And I don't intend to debate it with you.

posted on Oct, 13 2009 @ 08:45 AM
link   
reply to post by TheBandit795

Anything pro or anti Obama, pro or anti democrat, pro or anti republican, pro or anti Bush, pro or anti liberal, pro or anti conservative; Anything that feeds the political divide goes into this forum from now on.

A quick search of the forum shows this isn't the case though. Every single thread I made about MSNBC/CNN bias got moved here, while the one thread I made about Fox's bias stayed. Treads about Democrat bills ended up in this forum! Why?

Why not just remove all political forums and force everything here?

posted on Oct, 13 2009 @ 08:47 AM
link   
reply to post by Wimbly

Where is the thread you're talking about? Let me look at it.

posted on Oct, 13 2009 @ 08:52 AM
link   
reply to post by Wimbly

Wimbly, there are several threads that I've only THOUGHT of, and they're already here.

Thomas Jefferson: Quotes: Politics
What has destroyed liberty and the rights of men in every government that has ever existed under the sun? The generalizing and concentrating of all cares and powers into one body.

Source
quotations.about.com...

posted on Oct, 13 2009 @ 08:52 AM
link   
Edit: My question has been answered.

Originally posted by schrodingers dog
I can't thank you enough for providing this option.

This seems to be a lot closer to what you (and you eventually convinced me) supported during the initiation of the Bully Pulpit.

I hope this new forum works to contain this plague that seems to be rampant on ATS and we can all get well.

[edit on 13-10-2009 by Benevolent Heretic]

posted on Oct, 13 2009 @ 08:59 AM
link   

posted on Oct, 13 2009 @ 09:04 AM
link   
reply to post by Wimbly

Sadly, I must agree.

Perhaps it'll be left up to us to distiguish this site "cage" with thoughtful insight and breaking news regardless of what it is considered by others.

posted on Oct, 13 2009 @ 09:05 AM
link   
Great going guys
this is why ATS is not cut from the same fabric as other political sites on the internet!

it's the only political forum that I frequent and that I am a member of.

I have been noticing a huge shift with the public since Obama got elected, and especially with the healthcare debate.

their tactic is to divide and conquer while both sides argue, as you mentioned, with non-issues.

bipartisan is the worst word ever created

let's even go further by banning words like left wing and right wing

those words only serve as distractions I swear

posted on Oct, 13 2009 @ 09:08 AM
link   
reply to post by ModernAcademia

it's the only political forum that I frequent and that I am a member of.

I have been noticing a huge shift with the public since Obama got elected, and especially with the healthcare debate.

Do you have amnesia? You think harsh criticism is a new thing in American politics?

let's even go further by banning words like left wing and right wing

Now you want to ban words? How can you guys not see the error of this line of thinking? You all should be the most conscious of it!

*SNIP*

[edit on 13-10-2009 by Wimbly]

Mod Edit: Terms & Conditions Of Use – Please Review This Link.

[edit on 13/10/2009 by Mirthful Me]

posted on Oct, 13 2009 @ 09:13 AM
link   
reply to post by Wimbly

I will say that with the advent of Obama, partisan politics has taken a nasty turn. But I will be the first to point out that it was the left that threw the first stone.

This IS exactly what they want though.

The irony is that a great conspiracy has been played on ATS without a single post!!!

They have divided and conquered.

posted on Oct, 13 2009 @ 09:19 AM
link   
I guess ATS is attempting to turn itself into a politically correct board while pandering to the left-leaning and politically impotent.

The main reason I become active on this site was for the political discussions.

posted on Oct, 13 2009 @ 09:22 AM
link   
Just wanted to pop in really quick and chime in.

1). The forum is not an insult. Even staff, myself included, has had threads moved there. It's not meant to shame anyone or say a member's thread is nonsense.

2). It's not censorship: Just organization. Like when the swine flu story broke this spring, it was all over the board. So it was consolidated into one forum. Currently, American 'political left/right issue' threads are all over the board: Political news, current events, political issues, etc. So now they have been consolidated into one forum.

3). It's not some obscure or hidden forum. In fact, it is now placed first and foremost on the forum home page:

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/97190950aeec.jpg[/atsimg]

4). This isn't 'just because a liberal/democrat is in office now.' We've had political crackdowns and organizations as far back as the Bush administration. Even the political trolling tag was created during his presidency. It's not about right or left wing. There have been crackdowns during both administrations.

Example #1 from the Bush Era: www.abovetopsecret.com...
Example #2 from the Bush Era: www.abovetopsecret.com...
Example #3 from the Bush Era: www.abovetopsecret.com...

As we can see, there have been crackdowns, new forums, and a call to end the political madness on ATS for years. I promise this new one isn't being done just to 'protect the left.' It really is all about civility- not partisanship.

Please don't take it as an insult if you have a thread moved there or feel it's censorship or protecting the administration. The threads aren't getting deleted, moved to a RATS-style hidden forum, or in a 'dumping' forum like HOAX. Hope this post helps at least one person.

posted on Oct, 13 2009 @ 09:27 AM
link   
Yeah I don't see where all of you are going mad, screaming censorship. All they're doing is organizing some of the ridiculous political threads into a proper forum for debate and discussion. It'd be like me being mad that my Metaphysics threads can't go in Breaking News.

new topics

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join