It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Conspiracy of American Political Peril

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 12 2009 @ 07:48 PM
link   
reply to post by SpookHunter

Not what I was talking about at all so kindly stop putting words in my mouth. I am talking about this political partisianship. I haven't a clue what you even think I am saying bring up what you have. Care to explain or just further distort?

[edit on 12-10-2009 by Watcher-In-The-Shadows]

posted on Oct, 12 2009 @ 07:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by SkepticOverlord

It's unfortunate that the infection has polluted the topics and tonality of discussion here on ATS... a place that, in theory, should be immune from such pedestrian diseases. In many ways it appears as though the players (viruses) perpetuating this deadly disease have infected our topics in much the same way nearly every issue is politicized in the mainstream media.

[edit on 12-10-2009 by SkepticOverlord]

I am surprised by you'r surprise that ATS would be vulnurable to a virus like this. After all how many users are on ATS. Thousands. It is enevitable that you are going to put in for a lot of stick along these lines.

It seem I get a few UtoU's a week from ATS staff about some issue or something along these lines. By moving the topics like this seems to me a little like feeding the trolls.

The messages won't be getting out.

Put them in a little box out of the way.

Personally American politics dosen't bother me.

Let them at it is what I say but why put it in a box out of the way.
put them agains the wall is the way.
I know it is probably a lot of work and more than it is worth maybe but do you see my point. I don't think it bothers people that much. If most users are like me then they probably know by looking at a thread title whether they could be bothered or not.

If I were a conspiracy theorist "which I am not" well not that much I would think some outside source were putting pressure on you to hide these subjects.

What say you.

Anyway what would I know.
Maybe it is for the best.

Just thought I would use up some of my minimal bandwidth replying to this..

peace to you

daz

posted on Oct, 12 2009 @ 08:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by SkepticOverlord

This problem has evolved well beyond the typical ebb-and-flow of a conspiracy site depending on what flavor of idiocy is in the White House.

Compliments of the DNC and the RNC. This is what they wanted and this is what they got.

Having been on both sides at different times in my life I think it makes it easier for me to see and has a lot to do with why I am here.

There is a tiny voice here, involving more than a few members that has been trying to get people to see how they are controlled by their Parties but the attacks are so insane its hard to not get caught up in things.

Only when people understand both sides are feeding them poison will there be any healing. This is not new however. It is cyclical. The sixties were very much the same. It will reach a crest and things so bad will happen that it will slap people in the face and wake enough people up that we will heal once again; only to repeat the cycle.

What we clearly should be discussing is whether or not their are ANY good people in government on EITHER side? I know there must be but the noise drowns them out. We should be discussing the dangers of becoming a Groupie of a Politician that likely does not even know we exist. We won't though. Good move in regards to your plans.

posted on Oct, 12 2009 @ 08:15 PM
link   
"Political partisianship" is a good thing. I don't want a bunch of Congressmen with "group think." Most of these people are professional politicians who have never run a business in their life...I don't want them sitting around all day long thinking about what law they can dream up next.

Keep lawmakers arguing; keep them thinking; stall, stall, stall - because everytime they pass a law, something has been taken away from me. Look at any U.S. State that has full-time lawmakers (N.Y., N.J., etc.) - they have more laws than you can shake a stick at...and the fewest freedoms.

Lobbyists are a good thing...think about it...I can organize a group of like-minded people, collect a little money from each of them, and purchase the services of someone in D.C. (or a State capitol) that can effectively lobby on our behalf. And almost always, there will be some other group with an opposite opinion that's hired someone to lobby against my group's position. That's a good thing...and don't think lobbyists always win... George Will produced an excellent article several years ago about big-moneyed lobbyists losing out to public opinion (or even to grass-roots efforts)...money isn't everything.

Enough said.

posted on Oct, 12 2009 @ 08:22 PM
link   
Any chance a flag over there = half flag so that we dont have nonstop political moaning in the top 4? Granted, from what I see, ATS is half political bickering, half everything else...but the only way to get more diverse people in here is to tone down the general political retardation going on daily and flagged just because someone liked how someone is hating.

Anyhow, excellent idea..personally I get sickened by almost all political threads here...for or against...I come here for the "weird stuff" and always met with nonsense I can hear on any talk radio station or major news network commentary (side)shows.

posted on Oct, 12 2009 @ 08:23 PM
link   
Just a friendly reminder: This thread will put political disent "in a box" on ATS.

See #1 (for the above posts and 'forum sliders')
See #6 (for puting things in a box)

in the cointel thread (below in my sig)

Be alert folks! Don't take thier bait and don't let this thread 'slide'.

[edit on 12-10-2009 by SpookHunter]

posted on Oct, 12 2009 @ 08:30 PM
link   
Is this Oligarchy on ATS? This is a forum to speak freely on all topics political or otherwise, right? At least I thought so. This is control of what is seen and unseen! I am not in favor of this!
Is ATS politically motivated by this? Big Hmmm!

posted on Oct, 12 2009 @ 08:33 PM
link   
Thank you so much, I may contribute to the conversations now, I have purposely stayed away in the past as I felt it was out of control, I am not into hate and sure many here aren't either, brilliant idea, shame that some areas have to moderated so closely, without that it's a free for all.

posted on Oct, 12 2009 @ 08:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by Blaine91555
...whether or not their are ANY good people in government on EITHER side?

When you locate them let me know...

Regarding the creation of a new forum, I look forward to seeing the threads it produces.

Make it quality, people.

posted on Oct, 12 2009 @ 08:36 PM
link   
Will have to see how this pans out. For me, I am frustrated, angered, etc. on the one-sided viewpoints of either major party and the political conspiracies are the only reason I joined the Conflagration here at ATS. If one was to think back in time, that past presidents have challenged others to duels, and now we must be placed in a box.

We will have to see.

Deny Ignorance.

posted on Oct, 12 2009 @ 08:38 PM
link   
My topic has already been moved appropriately for ATS. I guess this is not up for debate. Is this a ultimatum or a debate? This is BS Amigo!

posted on Oct, 12 2009 @ 08:45 PM
link   
reply to post by SkepticOverlord

Well done ATS. I applaud the actions taken here. Dare I say, redeeming, to some degree.
Now if only you can convince John Lear to return, this place would be well on it's way to reclaiming former glory.

But I'm a dreamer.

posted on Oct, 12 2009 @ 08:49 PM
link   
reply to post by Untergang

I with you on that Untergang, I signed up here orignally because of John Lear, certainly don't agree with everything he says but like many things it's food for thought, I always think, what if he's right.

Big Star and Flag from me.

[edit on 12-10-2009 by Aquarius1]

posted on Oct, 12 2009 @ 08:50 PM
link   
Well we could do the same with most topics on the board. I can't even begin to go into how many pages of nonsense I, and I'm sure others , have withered through on an abundance of topics. I think most can agree on that. Why just the political arena?

Peace!

posted on Oct, 12 2009 @ 08:54 PM
link   
This is GREAT.

I know so many people who are going to get a kick out of this.

posted on Oct, 12 2009 @ 08:54 PM
link   
To be honest ats was first and foremost a conspiracy site, not political news daily. the people complaining could remember that

frankly S.O. i wouldn't be upset if political threads were only allowed in the bully pulpit. i've been reading ats since 2004 and participating since 2006, and over the last five years the right left bs has gotten terribly worse.

i was excited about the bully pulpit because of the rules involved with it. as we can clearly see none of these "important threads" about one faction or another is in the bully pulpit....coincidence? i think not. in fact there's been very little thread movement in the bully pulpit in some time, according to my favorite forums list.

just some things to think about.

posted on Oct, 12 2009 @ 08:57 PM
link   
A big star and flag from me.

It's been many months since I've logged into this site. I still check from time to time but I had pretty much given up on it for actual discussion due to the rampant political nonsense that has become so prevalent. I applaud the changes you are making. I hope this gets through to the people that still insist on pushing the left versus right paradigm.

posted on Oct, 12 2009 @ 09:02 PM
link   
This is a great idea. I would identify myself as a democrat, however, I realize that is only a small fragment of the bigger picture. I grit my teeth every time somebody mentions the NWO, and I am hesitant to decide between our current political situation being intentional or just something that developed over time.

How convenient is it that most people only choose between two political ideology's? It's as if there are only two ways of doing the job. Not only that, but the two sides are against each other. People need something to stand against. People need an opposing athletic team, they need the bad guy in the movies, they need another side of the government to hate. It just works out so well with the natural human behavior. If the government did not have an opposing section to hate then there would be nothing there to hate but the government itself.

posted on Oct, 12 2009 @ 09:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by Guzzeppi
Well we could do the same with most topics on the board. I can't even begin to go into how many pages of nonsense I, and I'm sure others , have withered through on an abundance of topics. I think most can agree on that. Why just the political arena?

Peace!

Without all the anti-American and anti-Israeli threads, there wouldn't be much of anything left.

posted on Oct, 12 2009 @ 09:12 PM
link   
reply to post by stevegmu

The 9/11 threads, the anti-"religion" threads, the science threads, the UFO threads, the short stories threads, metaphysical threads, the NWO threads etc etc etc.
Plenty in otherwords.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join