It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

disturbing chihuaua's

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 11 2009 @ 03:23 PM
link   
My daughter has been begging for a chihuaua dog for the last two years ("because all the pretty girls on tv have one" *sigh*)

So I went looking for the little rats on youtube and came across these. I'll show them to my daughter in the morning and hope she'll change her mind!
(sorry for all the chihuaua lovers out there... it's nothing personal
)

It's disturbing actually... but I lmao!

posted on Oct, 12 2009 @ 05:30 AM
link   
Yep, Chihuauas are disturbing animals.

Probably has something to do with being originally bred for food.

posted on Oct, 12 2009 @ 06:27 AM
link   
Heh. Those are really f'ed up Chihuahuas. My hubby and I have a super sweet submissive one. She's never once growled or barked at us.

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/878c548dd690.jpg[/atsimg]

Ours, however is a long haired chihuahua which I've read all over the interenet are much calmer and nicer than their short-haired cousins.

I know that you probably won't end up getting one, but if your daughter is persistent, you could at least check the long haired ones out.

posted on Oct, 12 2009 @ 08:20 AM
link   
reply to post by Morbo the Annihilator

AHA! I think I discovered the reason that the chihuahua's (please god, someone fix that name) in the video are so pissed off.

They are cold!

I would be pissed too if I were cold.

Look at the photo you took, does that dog look cold? No, it's not cold cause it HAS HAIR!

Course it also looks extremely embarrassed because it's in a freaking cardigan, but that's another rant.

posted on Oct, 12 2009 @ 10:26 AM
link   

aw, that's a cutie!!!
Yes, it's a long haired one she wants ... with lots of cloths to dress it up.
I don't have anything against these dogs.... I just prefer them a bit bigger, that's all

posted on Oct, 12 2009 @ 11:00 AM
link   
Awww they are gorgeous little things, me mam has wanted one for years but we have had two terriors so never bothered.

posted on Oct, 12 2009 @ 03:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by whatukno
Look at the photo you took, does that dog look cold? No, it's not cold cause it HAS HAIR!

Course it also looks extremely embarrassed because it's in a freaking cardigan, but that's another rant.

Acutally, its a poncho. My husband is mexican and wanted his mexican dog to have a mexican sweater, but that is another story altogehter....

But it is bad. We try to only dress her in the fall/winter.

We are strong belivers that dogs are, above everything else, still dogs. AND NOT ACCESSORIES. When we go grocery shopping/ to do errands, she stays at home with our other dog...

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/a88516223b2c.jpg[/atsimg]

posted on Oct, 12 2009 @ 03:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by GypsK

Yes, it's a long haired one she wants ... with lots of cloths to dress it up.
I don't have anything against these dogs.... I just prefer them a bit bigger, that's all

Yeah, we do have quite a few clothes for her. Especially when we first got her - she was an urgent rescue, covered with ticks, fleas, and had terrible worms, she was so messed up that we constantly had her dressed up to keep her stress level down.

And we do have a big dog as well, we wanted a big and a little one.

If your daughter does want something smaller, you can also try maybe an Italian Greyhound (hubz thinks they're beautiful), or maybe a Shih Tzu, I would probably avoid Jack Russels, though. Hubs really wanted one and we fostered one for ONE WEEK and he couldn't wait to get it out of the house...

But I personally do like Long Haired Chihuahuas. I still think the short haired ones are a little ugly (sorry for those that have them). Our girl doesn't have bug-eyes or oversized ears or anything. I feel like she looks normal-ish.

posted on Oct, 12 2009 @ 03:28 PM
link   
reply to post by valiant

Hi Val - as you and I discussed on the other thread, we both have terriers. Amazingly, our chihuahua (and others I have read about on the 'net) has very terrier-like qualities: Loyalty, family bonding, some digging, sniffing in mole-holes, etc. Honestly our chihuahua is JUST LIKE our terrier. She's sort of a mini-me. Totally different breed, but compelety similar personalitiles. Wouldn't have believed it if I didn't see it with my own eyes.

Although I know that some chichuahuas have Napoleonic complexes and are very aggressive, we joke that our Chihuahua doesn't have a mean bone in her body. In fact she's so submissive that we joke that she's a slu*, because everytime one of us walks in the room, she rolls over on her back and shows us her stuff.

posted on Oct, 12 2009 @ 07:36 PM
link   

Awww
they are lovely, dont know how eli would cope if the attention was spread out

posted on Oct, 12 2009 @ 08:30 PM
link   
I had a roomate when I was younger who owned a miniature pincer. When he was home that little dog was a complete freak. She would jump and insist on a ball being thrown down the hall a zillion times.

When I was home alone with the dog, it was as calm as a lamb. She would be content to sit on my lap.

Morbo the Annihilator, now that second pic, that dog looks much less embarrassed. I think the first pic the dog was saying "No quiero usar este poncho, por favor, conseguir que fuera de mí."

The second pic was more like "Lo sé, soy bonita, no seas celoso"

posted on Oct, 12 2009 @ 11:51 PM
link   
People freak out about pit bulls and rotties and mother boars and raging hippos...Chihuahuas scare the halitosis outta me.

posted on Oct, 13 2009 @ 04:02 PM
link   
reply to post by whatukno

Ha. LOL. Had to have my hubby help me with the translations. Heck yeah, she totally knows she's cute as sh&* and uses it to her full advantage.

Even when she's sleeping:
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/c9d586d56583.jpg[/atsimg]

posted on Oct, 13 2009 @ 04:04 PM
link   

And PS -

Sorry to everyone, especially Gyps for derailing this thread. I came in to help and sort of took over with all my pics. At the very least, I hope I gave some helpful information...

posted on Oct, 14 2009 @ 01:40 AM
link   
lol, no worries
I didn't have much else to say besides that those dogs in the vid creep me out

posted on Oct, 14 2009 @ 07:04 AM
link   

chihauha

did you know chihauha is mexican for "annoying little yapping rat"?

its not considered a dog if its smaller than a cat

posted on Oct, 14 2009 @ 08:26 AM
link   

Originally posted by lamb chop

chihauha

did you know chihauha is mexican for "annoying little yapping rat"?

its not considered a dog if its smaller than a cat

uh where did I write "chihauha", I checked but can't find it...

do you mean chihauha or chihuaua that means annoying little... ?

posted on Oct, 14 2009 @ 01:41 PM
link   
reply to post by GypsK

I snorted when I saw that. I flashed on those "my border collie is smarter than your honor student" bumper stickers and thought I should get one that says, "My chihauha is smarter than your honor student".

But then everyone would be confused because they'd be like, "What the h*ll is a chihauha?" CHI-HOW-HA

And I guess the bumper sticker would speak for itself, no?

Edited because I'm not sure if h*ll is a swear word on BTS

[edit on 14/10/09 by Morbo the Annihilator]

posted on Oct, 14 2009 @ 07:15 PM
link   
reply to post by GypsK

And thus we find the true problem with these little dogs.

It should be spelled chewawa.

chihuahua! I mean WTF!

posted on Oct, 14 2009 @ 08:03 PM
link   
I have a chihuahua too and she is a sweetie pie, she never gets mean.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join