It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Iran to 'blow up heart' of Israel if attacked

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 9 2009 @ 08:11 PM
link   
reply to post by bigyin

Well maybe, idk honestly about their forces but I'm pretty sure America would find a way into the war.

posted on Oct, 9 2009 @ 08:46 PM
link   
Wow. Eight page so far and no one has brought up the correlation with the fact that plans are being made to eliminate the petro-dollar ? IMO, this is just retoric based on a perceived advantage. If oil is no longer traded in US dollars, the US is greatly marginalized, therefore, no longer the threat it once was. So why not boast a little and rub it in their faces??

posted on Oct, 9 2009 @ 08:54 PM
link   
reply to post by surfinguru

Well the dollar hasn't collapsed yet so if they do do that they shouldn't start yet.

posted on Oct, 9 2009 @ 09:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by Eye On War

This is just another example of why an attack on Iran by either the US or Israel would be catastrophic. Iran will not lie down and take it that's for sure, and you can bet money on the fact that it will be raining missiles in Israel moments after any attack on Iran's nuclear facilities or army is launched.

Obama has just won the nobel peace prize, but the thing is that the world realistically is no more peaceful since he took office in Jan.. if anything it is on the brink of all out war.

This really is a time for cool heads, and commen sense to prevail. I believe Obama has the potential to be a peace maker, but the question is, how much is he being influenced by the Millitary industrial machine behind the scenes.

(link tracking not allowed)
(visit the link for the full news article)

I disagree, I think Iran wouldn't do anything at all, they can't attack the "heart" of Israel (Jerusalem) because they will piss off every Muslim in the world.

posted on Oct, 9 2009 @ 09:40 PM
link   
I think when the US dollar is no longer used as in petro-dollars, maybe the US should just **** it up for everyone.

Not too many bomber or cruise missile strikes, and every pipeline, every ME refinery, every oilfield, and every oil port can be destroyed.

Then ask them to rethink their position.

posted on Oct, 9 2009 @ 09:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by dooper
I think when the US dollar is no longer used as in petro-dollars, maybe the US should just **** it up for everyone.

Not too many bomber or cruise missile strikes, and every pipeline, every ME refinery, every oilfield, and every oil port can be destroyed.

Then ask them to rethink their position.

lol that would be pretty crazy dooper. I think that might exagerate our problems just a little bit, the least of which nobody's car could run. Lots of missiles from angry enemies I see would be incoming, not much to think about after that.

posted on Oct, 9 2009 @ 09:58 PM
link   
reply to post by mkross1983

Well, we could supply half of our own needs.

It would really suck for those oil producing countries though. It's generally all they have going for them.

My philosophy has always been to never consider what losses I will suffer, but what my foe's losses will cost them.

And in their case - everything.

posted on Oct, 9 2009 @ 10:00 PM
link   
Pretty sure we already have another technology waiting in the wings if there is no oil!! You can take that to the bank.

Originally posted by dooper
reply to post by mkross1983

Well, we could supply half of our own needs.

It would really suck for those oil producing countries though. It's generally all they have going for them.

My philosophy has always been to never consider what losses I will suffer, but what my foe's losses will cost them.

And in their case - everything.

posted on Oct, 9 2009 @ 10:10 PM
link   
Maybe one day all humans from ever country will have to stand side by side to fight an emeny we dont know about yet

posted on Oct, 9 2009 @ 10:12 PM
link   
reply to post by princeofpeace

That much is a fact.

It's already here, just don't want to upset the current level of investment until required.

Unlimited energy.

posted on Oct, 9 2009 @ 11:00 PM
link   
I agree. America should be on the offensive.

"remove the petrol dollar.. fine. have fun finding oil. it'll all be on fire. have a nice day, love barack"

posted on Oct, 9 2009 @ 11:38 PM
link   
reply to post by centurion1211

No, they've been using proxies like hezbollah and hamas to do their foreign dirty work. This is also historically incorrect since the Persians attacked the Greeks several times after the old testament was written, and the Parthians attacked the Romans after the new testament was written.

Did you read my post correctly ? Obviously not. The Parthians collapsed in the year 224 ad. Thats over 400 years before the first known New Testament was written.

[edit on 10-10-2009 by disfugured]

posted on Oct, 10 2009 @ 12:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by mkross1983
reply to post by rugbyguitargod

And noticed that I did not say I would be against a war that is truly needed to protect our country.

I am protesting unnecessary ones without any evidence to back up any wild claims.

I'm so tired of people trying to make you appear to say thing you don't.

Sigh...

your original post made it sound as if the guys on the ground were the ones to blame. you might as well have called them 'baby killers' or 'murderers'. i have seen both sides of the battlefield; situations where there have been some things that happened that shouldn't have and others where the course of action is completely justifiable.

a soldier who deploys to a place he is told to by his commander is not the person to aim your sardonic humor at. try to be a bit more constructive next time.

De Opresso Liber

posted on Oct, 10 2009 @ 12:19 AM
link   
reply to post by Retseh

I have no idea what that babble means. The topic of this thread is the latest Iranian threat against the US and Israel, let's keep it there.

I was responding to this quote below.

And if they do not plan to attack, why all the rhetoric saying they will wipe countries off the face of the earth. Why not just sit down, shut up and develop peaceful nuclear energy out in the open for all to see? The answer is quite obvious to most ...

And as usual you assign zero blame to the Iranians for saying that they will "destroy the heart of Israel". Is it that you think that whatever they say, it's justified and all the Israelis fault. In your eyes do the Iranians not have any blame in this, no matter who they threaten to annihilate?

No, I dont support Iran uttering threats either. Iran's threats are more justifiable though than Israels simply because Iran never before stated they would invade or attack Israel until these recent threats. These recent threats are stating they will not directly attack Israel but will if Israel throws the first punch which to me is justifiable. Israel has been threatening for months, its only a matter of time before Iran threatens them. Both are wrong, but one is more justifiable if you can call it that.

This is not about America and Israel - don't you get it, the WORLD is condemning their pursuit of atomic energy because of what their regime says and does.

What did they say ? I never seen anything from the mouth of Ahmadinejad state such things you claim.

I disagree, you apply one set of spectacles when viewing Israeli and US acts, and one when viewing Iranian acts.

Your a hypocrite for stating that.

If this statement had come from a US official I would have condemned it, as would you with even greater intensity. But have you uttered one single criticism of it, coming as it does from an Iranian official? No, you are actually defending it.

I understand why Iran uttered them threats. They are not the aggressors nor did they instigate any of it. You're right though, I agree.. Iran should not have made those remarks and should have kept their mouths shut.

If you buy into that, and think that this man is anything other than a raving anti-semite with nuclear ambitions, supported by officials capable only of threatening Israel with annihilation, then you, along with the rest of us are going to learn some very painful lessons about how things end when you allow racists to own nuclear weapons.

I strongly disagree. His nuclear ambitions are towards nuclear power. He threatened Israel recently because Israel has been threatening with a deadline to attack Iran. Hello ? Again, that means nothing to you. Israel are the racists. Ahmadinejad has no issue with the Jewish race nor does he hate Jews, he doest however like Zionists and does wish they would be vanquished from this planet. I'm anti zionist as well but not anti semetic. There is a major difference. I love the Jewish race as I love all races. I hate zionists because they are the dirty vermin that cause most of the chaos in this world and they are not even Jewish.. They obviously dont follow the Torah so how can they be Jewish ?

There's the truth of your unbiased analysis.

I'm not sure now if its you being biased or just gullible towards everything you hear on the MSM.

Perhaps when Tel Aviv is a smoking cinder, you'll be satisfied that right has been done.

I would be greatly disgusted if that were to happen. I never wish for innocent lives to be taken, ever.

Perhaps you'll be happy if that were to happen to Tehran.

[edit on 10-10-2009 by disfugured]

posted on Oct, 10 2009 @ 12:21 AM
link   
An attack on IRAN would be a piece of cake. Face it all of IRANs defense systems rely on some form of electronics. The US or Israel will first strike with a blanket of EMP bombs completely disabling IRANs defenses. Then there will be surgical strikes on all nuclear facilities and further surgical strikes of defense system facilities. Even if Iran gets off a missile or two which is unlikely the Israeli anti-missile systems will take it out.

posted on Oct, 10 2009 @ 12:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by Zosynspiracy

Take that pseudopatriotic military propaganda BS and shove up your starfish buddy! You nor any other step n fetch soldier doesn't protect my freedom nor my safety in this day and age. If some terrorist came in the middle of the night I'd protect my own damn self. If this country was ever actually attacked by foreign enemies myself and many other Americans would pick up arms and fight them off. Soldiers follow orders because it's a job and they get a paycheck and like me and many Americans have mouths to feed. Don't play it off as some sort of glorified wet dream where the US military is the beacon of justice in the world. Quite the opposite my friend. Soldiers and the US military don't give a damn about the Constitution. It's my kids and my grandkids that will be cleaning up YOUR MESS the blowback that is resulting from our militaristic foreign policy and policing of the world. After all those big bad terrorists are blowing themselves up constantly in our malls and soccer games right?

You're a brainwashed disgrace.

so because you have no one else to blame it on, you blame it on the ones who serve this country? someone has to do it, and it for damn sure isn't going to be someone like you. id be the first to say that i care so much about the constitution that if the military was EVER ordered to raise arms against a revolt by the american populace, i would desert. no questions asked, because the reason i serve is not because i think the conflict is right or wrong or because i feel i have some obligation to. I do it because someone has to defend the constitution, and if that means deserting because our government has gone too far, then so be it. don't preach to me about patriotism when all you can do about the current state-of-affairs in our country is blame it on the soldiers on the ground and whine about it on a public forum. be proactive if you really feel that way instead of sitting behind a computer.

do i want to go into Iran? HELL NO. i've had enough between my tours in Iraq and Afghanistan.

posted on Oct, 10 2009 @ 12:49 AM
link   

You ARE NOT DEFENDING THE CONSTITUTION! The War on Terror has F'ALL to do with the Constitution. If you want to protect the Constitution tell all your soldier buddies to bring their asses back home!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I love how the average grunt hides behind the golden parachute of "protecting the Constitution".

OH and as far as not doing anything except ranting and raving on a public forum..........#1 you don't know me personally regarding what I have or haven't done, how I vote, who I voted for, or where my money goes. Short of taking up arms and start killing politicians and government officials my biggest power lies in my vote and my wallet.

#2 You are on the same public forum I am buddy.

The troops have lost their justification. And when I say troops I mean EVERYONE all the way up to the corrupt military brass chucking orders down to all you lackeys. In fact the top military brass are probably more corrupt than the top government officials.

You sound like a bitter disenfranchised soldier trying to cling to any last desperate reason to stick up for your duty and the "cause". Sorry but just like your citizenry you were sold a bill of goods like all of us. Your government lied to you like they lied to us. You're not different just because you picked up a rifle and killed some terrorists in the name of "freedom" or "democracy". The difference between you and I is the same people that lied to you are the same ones responsible for cashing your check at the end of the month.

[edit on 10-10-2009 by Zosynspiracy]

posted on Oct, 10 2009 @ 01:22 AM
link   
This entire butchered thread just to explain the simple concept of retaliation? "If you hit me, I'll (try to) hit you back." I guess I'm having trouble figuring out why this wasn't obvious to some of you.

Cheers,
Strype

posted on Oct, 10 2009 @ 01:43 AM
link   
Waging peace involves the willing and unwilling, the diplomat and the politician, the soldier and the civilian.

There are few experts who can create a win-win situation for opponents. The political psychology is arduous, with the added complications of cultural misunderstanding. Could it be a cultural characteristic for a leader in Iran to rattle his saber, simply to stabilize the country he represents? Is he an actual threat? Kim also rattles his saber in N. Korea. Is he a threat? Are we really seeing a threat, or a leader showing off his strength to his people to solidify his government? Does it really mean anything besides the rhetoric?

There have been no bombs, no attacks, nothing more than words.

I suggest we let the babies cry. When they have cried enough, they'll stop. It's just posturing. Ignore it.

Please stop bashing our American soldiers, too.

posted on Oct, 10 2009 @ 01:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by Zosynspiracy

You ARE NOT DEFENDING THE CONSTITUTION! The War on Terror has F'ALL to do with the Constitution. If you want to protect the Constitution tell all your soldier buddies to bring their asses back home!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I love how the average grunt hides behind the golden parachute of "protecting the Constitution".
[edit on 10-10-2009 by Zosynspiracy]

Of course, you must be aware that every soldier, sailor, airman and marine are sworn to protect the Constitution of the US against all enemies, foreign and domestic. Hence, they are not hiding behind the Constitution, but are hedged about it to protect it.

The cause we Americans endeavor to fulfill is justice and world peace. Those who attacked us on our home soil are remote. They are hidden amongst the skirts of their women, the rooms of their children, and the sacred shadowed corners of their mosques. To prevent future assault on US civilians, we will find them and destroy them. Because of their cowardly soldiering, the dead will unfortunately be their women and children. Their family cries will not deter their single-minded, blind, hatred of the US, but will fuel it. So it has been in their region with their brothers, and so it will spread. Pacification is prevented by prejudice and predisposition. Will there be a solution?

There are no opponents when the land is silent with death.

new topics

top topics

<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join