It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Reasons Not To Bomb The Moon, Nasa Really Has Gone Insane

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 7 2009 @ 05:48 PM
link   
Ever since Nasa (national american stupid agency) decided to bomb the moon I have been constantly debating the outcome. And it's not looking good at all.

Don't tell me a two ton payload rigged to explode is not a bomb.

Choice: No Choice, Nasa does what it wants. Period. 

Cost: Why is it we spend billions on crap like this, chasing water on the moon, when we can’t (or won’t) spend the same amount here to conserve water?  Senseless stupidity.

The Unknown:  Scientists can conduct all the earth bound tests they want to.  The simple fact is there is no way of knowing what ramifications this will have on the moon and the earth.  These planets are inextricably linked. 

Messing with these forces could alter our tidal patterns, weather patterns, and who knows what else.  It’s just foolishness.  And dangerous.

What Nasa is doing is throwing a two ton wrench in the clockwork of nature, mark my words, no good will come out of this.

Take a good look at the moon, it won't look the same on Saturday.

www.scientificamerican.com...

posted on Oct, 7 2009 @ 05:52 PM
link   
reply to post by Chovy

So this impact you're panicking about... it's less major than most of the meteor impacts on the moon to date.

It'll be big eenough to be seen on Earth, with a decent 'scope, but in comparison to some of the much more major impacts, that have had no impact on global weather to date, how do you come to your conclusions?

Besides, as it's noted in the article you've noted, Kaguya just recently crashed into the moon, and had no effect.

posted on Oct, 7 2009 @ 05:55 PM
link   
Moon is a giant rock. This explosion will generate much much much less energy then each of all those meteorites did. You know - like craters and stuff? A LOT of craters and stuff? And Moon survived that. Now it will break up because of 2 tons explosive?

posted on Oct, 7 2009 @ 06:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by RuneSpider
reply to post by Chovy

So this impact you're panicking about... it's less major than most of the meteor impacts on the moon to date.

I've been saying same thing (which I thought was in plain site if one just looks at the Moon) but it just doesn't get soaked into certain heads.

posted on Oct, 7 2009 @ 06:22 PM
link   
so does nasa own the moon then? hmm no you say? well then .. why would they feel like hitting it with anything at all nuke bomb marshmellow.. it doesnt matter .. its not theres and it doesnt belong to them . leave it alone.. i hope what ever forces are out there interrupts the bomb(or whatever its called these days ) and sends it back down on a direct course for nasa HQ

posted on Oct, 7 2009 @ 06:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by buddhasystem
I've been saying same thing (which I thought was in plain site if one just looks at the Moon) but it just doesn't get soaked into certain heads.

Maybe they'll be focusing HAARP beams on the impact point at the time of the explosion!?

Originally posted by donttaserme
so does nasa own the moon then? hmm no you say? well then .. why would they feel like hitting it with anything at all nuke bomb marshmellow.. it doesnt matter .. its not theres and it doesnt belong to them . leave it alone.. i hope what ever forces are out there interrupts the bomb(or whatever its called these days ) and sends it back down on a direct course for nasa HQ

It's a frickin' rock! Did you complain when any other nation sent missions to the moon?

[edit on 10/7/09 by Ferris.Bueller.II]

posted on Oct, 7 2009 @ 06:25 PM
link   
What ever they have planned is not going to work.

Bomb the moon? LOL

The collider will explode as well.

posted on Oct, 7 2009 @ 06:28 PM
link   
How do you know that the "moonlings" haven't been bombing us "Earthlings"? Maybe they deserve it

posted on Oct, 7 2009 @ 06:30 PM
link   
reply to post by Ferris.Bueller.II

yes thats it ... its just a giant rock... lets just bomb stuff for the fun of it then? its not theres to bomb .. period

posted on Oct, 7 2009 @ 06:30 PM
link   
Tell me this. Why didn't they also send a nuke to mars? There could be water there.

All they had to do on mars was scoop up a soil sample and test that. No blowing up stuff.

posted on Oct, 7 2009 @ 06:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by Chovy
Tell me this. Why didn't they also send a nuke to mars? There could be water there.

All they had to do on mars was scoop up a soil sample and test that. No blowing up stuff.

Can you please quote where it says the LCROSS mission is nuclear? Thank you.

posted on Oct, 7 2009 @ 06:59 PM
link   
Seriously?? How many of these threads are their going to be? I will say this as politley as I can.

THERE IS NO BOMB!

It is not rigged to explode. There are NO explosives on board. It is an empty upper stage of the booster rocket used to get the mission to the moon. The mission was launched in June before the Indian missions confirmation of water.

Of course NASA wants to do it. They already have the mission in lunar orbit and prepared. Sya you get ready for a trip to Disney Land and then your neighbor send you pictures while your on the plane to Florida. Do you suddenly go "Oh, ok." and head home? No you continue. Besides scientific method calls for repition of experimental results. Just because someone got the answer doesn't mean we shoudln't try to replicate the results.

The cannot know precisely what will happen. They can however say will has an EXTREME probability of happening within the laws of physics. This will have NO impact at all on the orbit of the moon and therefore no impact at all on the Earth's orbit, tides, weather, atmosphere, ecosystem. None at all.

I will mark your words Chovy, and will I wonder what your attitude will be after the impact when NOTHING has changed? Will you admit you were wrong and caused panic among the community? Or will you ignore it as if it never happened? The moon will look exactly the same except for a two new 20 and 14 meter craters.

The SA articles title? Journalistic sensationalism. Not even a respected source like SA is immune all the time. Get a grip on reality before you slip too far away.

posted on Oct, 7 2009 @ 07:04 PM
link   
I somehow vaguely remember reading up on this so called "bomb". Apparently it is not a bomb at all but a projectile of a certain size and weight crashing into the moon at a certain speed to create a crater of a certain size and throw up a bunch of rocks and dust from the surface so they can analyze it....whew almost ran out of breath.

I guess its just a "NASA' made meteor.

posted on Oct, 7 2009 @ 07:20 PM
link   
Hahahaha. This is absolutely hilarious....

As someone said above me, there is NO bomb.
From day 1 of NASA announcing this mission has there ever been any mention of using an explosive device, it has always been KINETIC, please look up what the difference is.
I'm sure that NASA, as deceptive as they are, have done the math and know what they are doing.

Just because they have covered things up in the past and aren't entirely truthful, that doesn't equal them to being MAD and INSANE, carrying out some "totally insane" mission with the intent to destroy the moon or wage war on E.T's that are stationed on the moon..

Its not going to hurt the moon... It will be fine.
Don't WORRY so much about it, calm down

posted on Oct, 7 2009 @ 07:27 PM
link   
I think we should leave the Moon alone. We've already striped the Earth of much of it's resources. We shouldn't strip the Moon of water and uranium just because we can like we've done on Earth. "If" we did something to offset the Moon's distance ratio it "could" really mess things up on Earth. So I for one am for not "mining" or blowing things up on the Moon.

But mark my words, for the sake of money and military they will do it whether we like it or not.

posted on Oct, 7 2009 @ 07:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by Chovy

Are you aware of how long it takes to reach Mars?
I don't think NASA could bomb it even if they wanted to.

posted on Oct, 7 2009 @ 07:58 PM
link   
You know

we really need an a smiley that runs around waving its arms with its head on fire.

There is no BOMB

its totaly kinetic energy

and far far less than 99.99999999999999999999% of all the meteor impacts the moon has sustained in its history

come people there are craters hundreds of miles across on the moon.

it has impacts everyday

nothing we can do will change the moon earth relation ship in any way

posted on Oct, 7 2009 @ 08:26 PM
link   
Whoever thinks there is no bomb in the LCROSS really needs to wake up and smell the coffee. The LCROSS is a two ton bomb and it's going to do lots of damage.

posted on Oct, 7 2009 @ 08:27 PM
link   
I have a better idea:

Why doesn't NASA start spending Trillions of dollars, and just bomb every planet in our solar system?

Now that's what I call tax money gone to good use! (sarcasm)

posted on Oct, 7 2009 @ 08:41 PM
link   
Chovy has clearly either gotten His/Her facts wrong from a bogus journalistic report in regards to "Rigged explosives" and "Nukes" in connection with the NASA LCROSS mission...
Or, Chovy is simply distorting the facts and making it up to fit in with His/Her own distorted fantasy and to spread fear. A fear mongerer plain and simple.

If it is a case of the first, then you are totally forgiven, however if it is a case of the latter, shame on you.
It is people like this that play into "TPTB's" hands and make conspiracy theorists, and people who generally have the brains to question subjects and scenarios with a reasonable attitude and mind set a bad name.

Distorting facts about a subject or event only hides a real nugget of gold under a mountain of fools gold. Well done, you play into "their" hands and go against the exact thing ATS is meant for.... "Deny Ignorance"

"Create Ignorance" for some people.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join