It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

An Invisible Force

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 3 2009 @ 11:39 AM
link   
reply to post by schrodingers dog

Hi schrodingers dog,

I can relate what you are saying about the insects in the house..
I too go out of my way not to kill anything in the house, but to catch it and release it out the door.

I had an army of ants in my kitchen one time so I put honey in the middle of a paper plate, thinking that when I came home from work they would all be there eating the honey and I could just put them outside...
There were alot on the plate but also all over the counter and walls..
I did have to spray and I felt terrible about it...

I believe all life should be respected, it has just as much a right to be here as we do.....

And I know the laws of Karma!

But as far as protecting myself.....I would not have any problem killing someone if they put me in a situation where my life was in jeopardy...

PEACE and LOVE...

posted on Oct, 3 2009 @ 11:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by sgrrsh26
Reminds me of dreams i sometimes have, of being in fights but not being able to take a swing at somebody. Like my fist would penetrate invisible gel that slowed it down. An invisible force.

No, I have had those dreams before too, but I think those dreams are about your fear of a fight, and your fear that you will be sluggish and ineffective in a fight. I have had a fight like that once, my enemy wasn't specifically faster than me, but I just felt, as you said about the dream, stuck in slow motion, my blows doing barely any damage, just like fighting underwater.

Anyway, just my perspective, but I think those dreams are about your innate human fear of being ineffective in combat, which also may have something to do with the way we move in our sleep.

Ever see a dog running in his dreams?

I think humans are like that too. Maybe you were sleeping on your belly with your arms tucked in at your sides and in your dream as you punch, subconsciously your mind realizzes that your arms cannot move, then your dream fight is reflected with that by making your arms slow and unwieldy.

Anyway i could be wrong but those are my two cents.

posted on Oct, 3 2009 @ 11:45 AM
link   
No thats kind of interesting, I mean, i do sleep on my stomach.
I also dislike fighting
Id rather take out any anger or hatred on inanimate object rather living beings.

posted on Oct, 3 2009 @ 11:47 AM
link   

I am glad to see so many with the same feeling I have about liveing things.I don't feel this way about humans though,we are the direct cause of most all the death and suffering of helpless creatures large and small to further our agenda let alone killing each other for no apearent reason.I don't enjoy watching people being hurt our killed but if its anything of the animal kindom or something helpless I lose it with deep regret in most cases.

When ever I see an animal dead in the road all I can say is "just alive and now dead" and it haunts me the rest of the day.

The only nightmear I have anymore is when I soiled myself out of pure fear for my life and the guys around me,I read abook(On Combat) on how and why that happened and I still don't deal with it well.

Great post Dog

posted on Oct, 3 2009 @ 11:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by BaronVonGodzilla
No, I have had those dreams before too, but I think those dreams are about your fear of a fight,

This is accurate.

The subconcious fear manifests itself in the dream. Something which dominates your thoughts even if people are unaware of this. If our minds are so focused on a certain subject matter then it's existence will obviously be overwhelming and the reason our minds ar afixed to it even while we sleep.

I just never understood why people fear this when DEATH is an inevitable reality in our lives. Why do some fear a physical confrontation when the worst that can happen is and will happen one day.

Again this is the product of the domestication of our species. There's nothing wrong with these acts of compassion but it has made some extremely fragile and oversensitized about aspects which are actually a NORMAL part of our life and nature.

posted on Oct, 3 2009 @ 12:07 PM
link   
The invisible force inspired me to save the life of a mouse stuck in a glue trap at a restaurant I delivered to, I put it in a container and said I would let it go, that brought a smile to a young guy working there, I let it go in a field, he asked and he was happy I did that.
Then at another restaurant I heard agonized mouse squeels, I found two mice in a glue trap and let them go. I don't know if they survived the removal.

It broke my heart trying to pry those tiny mice from those glue traps, In my opinion glue traps are a very cruel way to control mice, what a cruel way to die!
They should be removed from the market.

I understand the need to control mice and to get rid of them it should be quick and painless, not agonizing, same with the slaughter of animals that we eat.

But those mosquitos must die, along with horseflies and blackflies! And they will die quickly and humanly.

I also put insects outdoors.

And I have 7 cats.

posted on Oct, 3 2009 @ 12:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by Revealation

Originally posted by BaronVonGodzilla
No, I have had those dreams before too, but I think those dreams are about your fear of a fight,

This is accurate.

The subconcious fear manifests itself in the dream. Something which dominates your thoughts even if people are unaware of this. If our minds are so focused on a certain subject matter then it's existence will obviously be overwhelming and the reason our minds ar afixed to it even while we sleep.

I just never understood why people fear this when DEATH is an inevitable reality in our lives. Why do some fear a physical confrontation when the worst that can happen is and will happen one day.

Again this is the product of the domestication of our species. There's nothing wrong with these acts of compassion but it has made some extremely fragile and oversensitized about aspects which are actually a NORMAL part of our life and nature.

I understand what you are saying, and I was once as brave as you about life and death, but that was when I had nothing, I lived in a terrible area with alot of violence, drugs, gangs, etcetera, and I was broke as a joke.

I had no choice but to live life that way, and in doing so, found I liked the thrill of it.

But the way that all came to an end is that i met a wonderful woman who I really love.

And now I fear death, not because I am afraid of violence, not because I have no heart, not because I am afraid of pain, but because I know life will be harder for her without me, she will cry without me, she will be alone and afraid, without me. She will never get to do all those things I promised her we will do together, without me.

And the same with my family. I find I have to fear death because of the other important people in my life. So I suddenly grew up, stopped fighting, tried to be a better person.

But I am still a wildman at heart and I find it sometimes hard not to throw my life away for something stupid. I have stared death in the eyes, literally with a gun barrel between my eyes, and laughed. I have nothing left to prove to anyone, not even myself.

But now I live for those around me, something we should al learn to do. And now dying really is scary, it would destroy the family I haven't even gotten the chance to build yet.

posted on Oct, 3 2009 @ 12:48 PM
link   
The invisible force you speak of is what i percieve to be as God, as i'm sure peoples of the ancient worlds did before religions twisted it into giving the insecure something to believe in.
I too cant hurt anything willfully. Find a spider, put it outside, see one walking, i walk round it, same with anything else living.

[edit on 3-10-2009 by MrMartay]

posted on Oct, 3 2009 @ 12:49 PM
link   
I absolutely relate to you, in this respect.

There have been times where I have been utterly enraged at someone, when I was younger, and simply could not bring myself to violence against them.

People would call me weak...but they have no idea the strength it took not to act upon my animal instincts.

Remember: being strong is knowing when it's acceptable to be "weak". Sometimes it's about having the power to do harm, and simply choosing not to.

You're a good person.
Don't let anyone ever tell you otherwise.

~G

posted on Oct, 3 2009 @ 12:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by Toadmund
The invisible force inspired me to save the life of a mouse stuck in a glue trap at a restaurant I delivered to, I put it in a container and said I would let it go, that brought a smile to a young guy working there, I let it go in a field, he asked and he was happy I did that.
Then at another restaurant I heard agonized mouse squeels, I found two mice in a glue trap and let them go. I don't know if they survived the removal.

It broke my heart trying to pry those tiny mice from those glue traps, In my opinion glue traps are a very cruel way to control mice, what a cruel way to die!
They should be removed from the market.

Aww man I know just the way you feel.

I once had to remove some kid's pet iguana from a glue trap. It was stuck so firmly that it just could not move at all, it appeared dead but it only was motionless because of how powerful that damn glue is.

It's something so sticky and impossible. It's hard to explain, it's not exacly like super glue, because super glue is a thin liquid. But for anyone who hasn't had the displeasure, this is terribly strong, though not crazy glue strong, thick, gooey sort of squishy feeling glue, and once a struggling animal becomes attached, it's a tremedous pain in the ass to remove them from it.

I suppose the idea is that you are a callous jerk with no care for the hours of squealling, and you just let the mouse starve to death or die of dehydration or exhaustion. Why isn't Peta doing something about this sh*t when there are already some really useful, non-lethal, non-painful traps which allow you to release the animal back into the wilderness, on the market? It's barbaric, I don't see how anyone with a heart could use them more than once. At least the traps that break their necks kill them alot quicker. But even that isn't instant and isn't exacting about where it snaps them.

posted on Oct, 3 2009 @ 01:01 PM
link   
The "invisible force" in my experience is my "movie mode". In a fight I have seen the event as a third person just a bit out of sync with my normal self. In movie mode it is me watching the camera and not acting. It is usually the hype of the moment that causes it. A friend of mine had to take anger management classes because he hit someone in the back of the head in a fight and said he was not in control but in "movie mode".

posted on Oct, 3 2009 @ 01:02 PM
link   
I was baptized in violence as a child, experiencing decades of abuse at the hands of a brutal father .

There was a silver lining to being abused as a kid though, I grew up realizing what it feels like to be on the receiving end of cruelty, a feeling that I would never want anyone to experience at my hands.

I'm a pacifist, this is my true nature. I have no respect for humanity’s violent ways.

On a rainy day, if you see someone picking up snails on the sidewalk and looking for a safe place to shelter them, it might be me.

Peace on Earth!

[edit on 3-10-2009 by seasoul]

posted on Oct, 3 2009 @ 01:03 PM
link   
Well I would like to thank everyone for making me feel like a heartless, callous, unfeeling, mean carnivore.

I hope I can shed this horrible guilt by dinner time. I think we're having Chichirones y pollo enchiladas.

posted on Oct, 3 2009 @ 01:28 PM
link   

I wish I could say I share this with you, unfortunately AD has a secret....
KILLER instinct.
I'm not very nice to many things, I wish I were.
Just the way Iam.

posted on Oct, 3 2009 @ 01:39 PM
link   
Okay. . .computer's nuts today. What a great post.

[edit on 3-10-2009 by Divine Strake]

posted on Oct, 3 2009 @ 01:39 PM
link   

Your attitude is perfect.

I relate 100%.

---Tarzan

posted on Oct, 3 2009 @ 01:42 PM
link   
Are you sure you didn't dream this? This happens to me in like all my dreams, I try to swing at people attacking me but my arms are weak like they weighed 50lbs each, or I cannot move them at all.
But BaronVon described it better in his post: "... stuck in slow motion, my blows doing barely any damage, just like fighting underwater."

You might have dreamt this a while ago, then thought of it recently and assumed it was an actual childhood event. Dreams can feel real.

[edit on 3-10-2009 by MurrayTORONTO]

posted on Oct, 3 2009 @ 01:58 PM
link   
I was just a dumb kid of about 12 years old, shooting at lizards all day with a homemade bow and arrow. Never thought I would actually hit one, but I did. Something then happen to me I can only explain as a guardian angel departed from me in discust. I never even realized this angel was there until I did this deed. Now I really, really, knew it. Sorrow now gripped me, A friend who I had taken for granted, a friend who only moments ago thought the world of me. This friend I now realized, had intervened on my behalf to save me more than once was no more. Just moments ago I was whole, pure, and innocent. Now I am much less.

I cried on the way home. My parents didn't understand why I was so depressed. My brothers didn't understand either. I wanted to act grown up and I knew men aren't supposed to cry. I had to keep reminding myself, only sissies are concerned about the life of a stupid lizard. No one understood, it wasn't the lizard so much as what had left me because of the lizard. It was more precious than most can understand.

I am almost 60 years old now. Seen the horrors of war and man's inhumanity toward man. There is no place in war for someone who is sensitive it's a weakness you dare not show.

I've seen and experienced more than most in life. I am a vegetarian now I cannot stand to see an animal mistreated. I've since then gotten over it. But nothing in my life has really compared with the loss, sorrow, and shame given to me on that fateful day when my friend departed from me. I will never forget it.

[edit on 3-10-2009 by useless eaters]

posted on Oct, 3 2009 @ 02:06 PM
link   
I don't like to hurt animals. But they are just so tasty that I either hire an assassin by going to the grocery store, or do the deed myself when I go hunting.

I feel better about eating meat that I personally killed, because I know that up until the last few seconds of it's life it was happy and free.

I believe in reincarnation I guess, and I think that souls may start in plants, then bugs, then animals, then people. So I feel like when I kill a bug, plant, or animal, I have set their soul free to move up to something better. (This is just my own crazy theory, I have 0 proof)

If you look at it that way, it may make squashing mosquitoes a little easier.

posted on Oct, 3 2009 @ 02:07 PM
link   
what i don't get about karma is that it says everyone and everything will even back out, so that everything becomes fair to everyone. ok but thats impossible, eventually everything will die out and there will be no life left in the universe. at that time, several things will still be left unbalanced. that kinda disproves the whole karma thing. there is nothing wrong with belief in karma, unlike some other religions where we take others land and burn those who won't join us and rape and pillage. at least its not like THAT.

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join