It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

White House Calls Out Fox - For Lying

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 30 2009 @ 04:55 PM
link   

In a new post on the official White House blog, an administration official specifically names Fox News for lying about the administration's push to bring the Olympics to Chicago. "Last night Fox News continued its disregard for the facts," the post begins, "in an attempt to smear the Administration's efforts to win the Olympics for the United States." The author, White House online programs director Jesse Lee, goes on to point out several quotes from Glenn Beck, which it says are lies, and the truth behind them. ("Rhetoric: Beck said Vancouver lost $1 billion when it 'had the Olympics.' ... Reality: Vancouver's Olympics Will Not Take Place Until 2010.")

tpmlivewire.talkingpointsmemo.com...

and a direct link to White House

I don't know what kind of surprise this is. Every reference to Fox should be immediately followed by "who went to the Supreme Court to affirm their right to lie to the public". Known lies and agitprop from a dangerous enemy within. Not even a conspiracy any more. Threaten any corporate profits, come under attack by Fox.

the White House for smacking these liars and calling them out as Obama promised he would.

posted on Sep, 30 2009 @ 04:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by December_Rain
Every reference to Fox should be immediately followed by "who went to the Supreme Court to affirm their right to lie to the public".

HAHAHAHAHA Star and flag!!!!

Although, I don't know if the white house should engage fox news: Never argue with fools and drunks.

[edit on 30-9-2009 by Kaytagg]

+29 more 
posted on Sep, 30 2009 @ 05:00 PM
link   
Don't throw rocks in a glass house!
coming from the head of lieing himself....BO

The White House could very easily be in over their head, Foxed lied?

I can list at least a dozen house lies in the past month....
should they be accountable too?

[edit on 30-9-2009 by Doc Holiday]

+17 more 
posted on Sep, 30 2009 @ 05:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by Kaytagg

Although, I don't know if the white house should engage fox news: Never argue with fools and drunks.

[edit on 30-9-2009 by Kaytagg]

I was just going to give the same advice to Fox News.

The White House calls Fox News (or anybody for that matter) liars?

This is quite possibly the finest example of the pot calling the kettle black (gross hypocrisy) that I've ever seen.

[edit on 9/30/2009 by centurion1211]

posted on Sep, 30 2009 @ 05:07 PM
link   
The Hannity's and Beck's and O'Reilly's are going to have a field day with this. Bring on Stewart and Colbert, too.

posted on Sep, 30 2009 @ 05:07 PM
link   
reply to post by December_Rain

SOme one should me that Valerie Jarret Obamas top advicor Bushes karl rove) Use to vice chair the oylmpic commitee for chicago as well as has a steak in the money to be raised... So ummm whos lying white house?

posted on Sep, 30 2009 @ 05:08 PM
link   
Every President since Nixon has had to call the Media on it's erroneous reporting. Obama's Administration is doing nothing different than the previous Administration, and all those going back to Nixon had done.

However, I do agree that arguing with drunken idiots is a futile effort that should be a pastime reserved for other drunken idiots. It behooves the Executive Office to do such, point by point when "official" chastisement would have sufficed.

(And this Presidential Administration, as well as all those before it never lied to the American people...they just carefully Spin Doctored what they said! *WINK*)

posted on Sep, 30 2009 @ 05:19 PM
link   
I think it is just terrible for FoxNews to lie like that about Barak Obama. This world is just so evil it makes me want to cry. How could they lie about such a good man.

posted on Sep, 30 2009 @ 05:20 PM
link   
Well, if Beck made a human error and said Vancouver when he was really trying to say Calgary, then the loss numbers are pretty much on spot.

Has any other administration spent so much time focused on debunking media criticism as this admin?

posted on Sep, 30 2009 @ 05:23 PM
link   
reply to post by Kaytagg

Kind of agree with the sentiment that do not argue with fools but from time to time they have to be told they are crossing the line from misrepresentation to "fabrication".

+3 more 
link   
Think Valerie Jarrett.

Mayor Daley

Michelle Obama

Gibbs on Chicago Olympics Crony bid: “Tangible economic benefits;” Jarrett seeking federal HUD funds
michellemalkin.com...

OHHHHHHHHHHH the transparency is blinding.

Chicago 2016 Olympics: Bid team member has ties to prospective Olympic Village developer

www.chicagotribune.com...

De facto Olympics czar Valerie Jarrett — whose own real estate vested interests in the Olympics you’ll remember reading about in Culture of Corruption — met this month with the federal Department of Housing and Urban Development to figure out how to put the public on the hook for some of the Olympic Village financing.

michellemalkin.com...

www.judicialwatch.org...

You know Valerie the one that went ahead with Michelle to Copenhagen, the same Valerie who is the other half of Obama's brain and closet confidant and adviser.

Valerie the one that got Michelle her job at the University of Chicago Hospital, the hospital involved with patient dumping, yes, that Valerie.

You know The First Lady that helped create a notorious program that dumped poor patients on community hospitals,

www.americanthinker.com...

Nice that the news is finally catching up with me.

Judicial Watch Names 10 Most Corrupt Politicians
www.northcountrygazette.org...

Obama Advisor Valerie Jarrett (D-IL): CBS News once called Chicago politician Valerie Jarrett “the other side of Barack Obama’s brain.” Residents of a housing project in Chicago simply know her as “slumlord.”

Jarrett is the former manager of Grove Parc Plaza, a controversial low-income housing project located in Obama’s former state senate district.

According to the “Boston Globe”, the housing complex was considered “uninhabitable by unfixed problems, such as collapsed roofs and fire damage… In 2006, federal inspectors graded the condition of the complex an 11 on a 100-point scale - a score so bad the buildings now face demolition.”

According to documents uncovered by Judicial Watch, Jarrett is also linked to a series of other shady real estate scandals involving convicted felon and former Obama fundraiser Antoin “Tony” Rezko. Jarrett has also been caught up in the Blagojevich scandal as Obama’s Candidate #1 for his senate seat. Most of Blagojevich’s corrupt negotiations with the Obama team centered on the possible Jarrett appointment. She remains mum on the scandal.

Oh Dear Obama is on the list too, imagine that.

[edit on 053030p://bWednesday2009 by Stormdancer777]

link   
Just because Vancouver has as of yet to officially play 'host' to the Olympics, this does not mean that Vancouver has not already (a.k.a. "had") spent money on during the processes of both 'marketing' the city for consideration as well as costs incurred post-award to begin preparing for such event up through the point the statement was made. Nearly every city (that I'm aware of) spends money to market itself as deserving of Olympic host (to the point some cities implement improvement projects so they look like they're committed and ready) and those costs are, or are they not(?), part of the cost of hosting Olympic games?

So find Glen Beck's source and see what was learned.

[edit on 9/30/2009 by abecedarian]

posted on Sep, 30 2009 @ 05:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by redhatty
Has any other administration spent so much time focused on debunking media criticism as this admin?

Can you say Killian Documents boys and girls? I knew you could!

The Bush Administration spent so much time refuting the Killian Documents that they pushed to not only receive a formal apology from CBS but pushed to have one of the most respected journalists of the American Media terminated.

So, unless this Administration starts demanding a formal apology from FOX News and demands that Glenn Beck be fired (not to say that Glenn Beck is a Dan Rather by any stretch of the imagination), then this Administration has not spent as much time focused on debunking media criticism as the last Administration.

[edit on 30-9-2009 by fraterormus]

posted on Sep, 30 2009 @ 05:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by ATSSissyBoy
I think it is just terrible for FoxNews to lie like that about Barak Obama. This world is just so evil it makes me want to cry. How could they lie about such a good man.

This - your avatar and post - has to be "tongue in cheek" - a joke, right?

Line 2.

posted on Sep, 30 2009 @ 05:29 PM
link   
From OP's White House (now isn't that a racist connotation waiting to be exploited?)

RHETORIC: VALERIE JARRETT WILL BENEFIT FINANCIALLY. Beck asked, "Is it possible that she is going to benefit if the Olympics come to Chicago?" Caddell responded, "Well, that’s the word. She has certainly had a lot of dealings going on in real estate." [Transcript, Glenn Beck Show, 9/29/09]

REALITY: UPON ENTERING GOVERNMENT, VALERIE JARRETT DIVESTED ALL HER REAL ESTATE INVESTMENT HOLDINGS EXCEPT FOR A SINGLE INVESTMENT THAT HAS NOTHING TO DO WITH THE OLYMPIC BID. Valerie Jarrett divested all her investment real estate holdings upon entering government except for a single real estate holding that she was unable to sell. This single real estate investment has been determined by White House Counsel and the independent Office of Government Ethics to present no conflict of interest in performing her duties as a White House advisor. It has nothing to do with the Olympic bid.

Like tax evasion and such has not been an issue with so many others associated with O'bama?

-Hey, I'm of Irish descent so I take liberty when I can

[edit on 9/30/2009 by abecedarian]

posted on Sep, 30 2009 @ 05:31 PM
link   
Oh the hypocrisy!!! Guess if fox is a liar, so is ESPN!!

Chicago's bid leaders were doing a walkthrough of their presentation when the White House announced Obama's travel plans. While they tried to contain their enthusiasm -- nobody wants to do anything that could smack of overconfidence -- some of their supporters weren't nearly as restrained.

"Obama will go to Copenhagen! We just got a lot closer to bringing the Olympics home to Chicago!" three-time Olympic champion Rowdy Gaines said in a post on Twitter. "Like icing on the cake," fellow Chicagoan and two-time Olympian Dwyane Wade said.

If this was all about the USA hosting the olympics and how happy this administration was, it would have been reflected. But instead it is all about
Good Ole corrupt 'Chi Town'!!

sports.espn.go.com...

posted on Sep, 30 2009 @ 05:33 PM
link   

posted on Sep, 30 2009 @ 05:34 PM
link   
"I owe I owe so off to Copenhagen I go."

The Obama's

posted on Sep, 30 2009 @ 05:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by fraterormus
Can you say Killian Documents boys and girls? I knew you could!

Fair enough, but wasn't it revealed along the way that those actually were FORGED documents?

Forgery ranks a bit higher in my book than media talking head opinions

posted on Sep, 30 2009 @ 05:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by Stormdancer777
"I owe I owe so off to Copenhagen I go."

The Obama's

Like Nero fiddling while Rome burned in my book. Had to get a historical metaphor in there somehow.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join