It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Whoopi says its not "rape-rape"

page: 15
<< 12  13  14    16  17  18 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 2 2009 @ 11:38 AM
link   
I can't believe some of these posts defending this loser....

So, I say to all of you, If you think it was okay, I'll be more than happy to look after your 13 year old daughters - feed them booze and drugs - and then have my way with them.

thank you.

posted on Oct, 2 2009 @ 11:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by Digital_Reality
reply to post by A Fortiori

Yeah, I know it was a bit immature but she is someone that I truly despise.
My apolagies...

Wow! An ATS apology!

Bravo, Sir. Bravo.

posted on Oct, 2 2009 @ 11:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by Leo Strauss
I am not defending Polanski or rapists in general and quite frankly I believe justice should be served in this case. There are good reasons why rape is illegal. However I don't think it is as simple as it has been presented here and I know I am not privy to all the information available.

Then make yourself privy. The court transcripts are available as are interviews from all parties.

He was offered a plea to a lesser charge which he accepted. A condition of that plea was his confession to a crime. Many of you are ignoring that important fact which could be interpreted as coercion by our judicial system. Again I don't know, but it is a possibility

Read my post about the plea process.

Generally sex offenders do not stop their behavior even after being convicted and imprisoned. I asked if anyone could provide any other examples of criminal behavior perpetrated by Polanski. All we have is anecdotal evidence of a relationship with Natassia Kinski. Might be true but no charges have been filed.

Might be true? They both admitted being in a relationship. He admitted in an interview his preference for very young women. His pattern shows that he does tend to chase young women. In the US that is a crime. Elsewhere, no, but the place that he committed the crime, yes.

One more thing...I find it deeply disturbing that all the crusaders for justice on this thread have made no mention of justice against the girls' parents.

*sigh*

Read my posts. I'm crusading and said her parents should be beat with a rubber hose for allowing her to go there. As we do not know if they knew she would be raped we cannot convict them of conspiracy to commit rape, just bad parenting.

If what has been presented is true then the mother should be brought up on charges and imprisoned for her role in endangering a minor. Examples need to be made so that perverted parents will not sell their children for sex. These parents need to realize there are serious criminal consequences for this behavior. I am a parent and I can assure my children would never be alone with any adult for a "photo shoot". I mean really!

Agreed.

posted on Oct, 2 2009 @ 12:06 PM
link   
reply to post by John Matrix

I doubt that any pedophiles will be released as we all know they do not recover and will rape children again
and
again ...
Anyone thinking Pol. hasen't re offended are clueless;
I am positive he has (although once is More than acceptable) and hope everyone in jail takes turns with him again
and
again ...

posted on Oct, 2 2009 @ 12:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by John Matrix
I still don't see Polanski as having got away with anything. He served time and suffered before and during the trial.

So did OJ. So did Scooter Libby. So does anyone on trial for anything. If he did it he should have suffered before and during the trial. He still did not suffer what the victim suffered.

He has not suffered since and has enjoyed a quite decadent life unlike others who have been tried for the same.

His exile was provoked by what he and many others perceived to be an injustice.

Right because he did not feel that having sex with a thirteen year old was a crime. A lot of pedophiles don't think its a crime. He was wrong. In the United States it is, in fact, a crime.

If not for that injustice, he was perfectly willing to accept his punishment and make restitution.
He was willing to go to a six week diagnostic facility and tell people what they wanted to hear, not to go into "county" and serve time which is one of the sentencing options for that particular deed.

That he was able to work, make a new life for himself, make new friends, live well, and became a productive citizen has nothing to do with whether he should be punished further.....it speaks to his rehabbed character.

He was doing all of that while he was forcing himself upon a thirteen year old. That proves nothing. It is consistent with his former behavior. Had he taken up with Natassia Kinski in the US instead of abroad he would have shown patternistic behavior of this type.

A criminal that straightens out his life and becomes successful is deserving of merit...IMHO.

That would mean dating women over 18, donating money to rape crisis centers, etc. Instead he continues on as he did before.

Regardless how rich he became, he was still not able to come to the USA. For any man that made his home here....that would be a severe punishment to endure for 30 years.

WHAT? He can go to Rome, Nice, Cannes, Rio, etc. And do it in style. Yes, what a severe punishment. Tell that to Chris Brown who is out picking garbage or better to the people that go to jail.

As I said in another post, if the guy was a plumber he would be long forgotten and no one would care, but because he is a famous celeb. we have a prosecutor looking to get his face on television.

No, if he were a plumber he would have not gotten the plea bargain to a lesser charge, he would go to jail, and he would be on a registered sex offenders list where he becomes a community pariah.

posted on Oct, 2 2009 @ 12:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by A Fortiori

Might be true? They both admitted being in a relationship. He admitted in an interview his preference for very young women. His pattern shows that he does tend to chase young women. In the US that is a crime. Elsewhere, no, but the place that he committed the crime, yes.

One more thing...I find it deeply disturbing that all the crusaders for justice on this thread have made no mention of justice against the girls' parents.

*sigh*

Read my posts. I'm crusading and said her parents should be beat with a rubber hose for allowing her to go there. As we do not know if they knew she would be raped we cannot convict them of conspiracy to commit rape, just bad parenting.

If what has been presented is true then the mother should be brought up on charges and imprisoned for her role in endangering a minor. Examples need to be made so that perverted parents will not sell their children for sex. These parents need to realize there are serious criminal consequences for this behavior. I am a parent and I can assure my children would never be alone with any adult for a "photo shoot". I mean really!

Agreed.

I have read your posts and find them overwrought, vindictive and self righteous.

Sorry I didn't interpret "Beat with a rubber hose" as a sincere cry for justice but another smug remark.

It is amusing how you can intuit Polanskis every behavior in meticulous detail yet you suddenly "don't know" if her mother was aware of her actions.

You still have not shown a pattern of criminal behavior just innuendo. How about some facts! His relationship with Kinski was not illegal.

Something else that Polanski said was " I didn't know how old she was." You are quick to quote him but you didn't mention that quote.

I think he was lying. My guess would be that you do also.

I am glad we agree that her mother should be charged and imprisoned.

posted on Oct, 2 2009 @ 01:12 PM
link   
reply to post by Leo Strauss

Leo, her mother wasn't tried in a court like Polanski. We don't have her or anyone else's statements on record.

As to my "smug" attitude... smug, no. Smug implies a satisfaction that I do not have. "Angry" is more like it. However, call me smug. Call me angry. Call me vindictive, a harpy, a shrew, mean, whatever. On this topic I will not bend.

Forty four year old men who sleep with thirteen year olds regardless of consent are breaking the law. No one is above or beneath the law. Forty four year old men who rob the joy from a thirteen year old girl by plying her with drugs and forcing sex upon her are rapists.

I find it interesting that you will condemn me for words and give him a pass for his actions. Interesting, indeed.

posted on Oct, 2 2009 @ 01:40 PM
link   

Leo, her mother wasn't tried in a court like Polanski. We don't have her or anyone else's statements on record.

As to my "smug" attitude... smug, no. Smug implies a satisfaction that I do not have. "Angry" is more like it. However, call me smug. Call me angry. Call me vindictive, a harpy, a shrew, mean, whatever. On this topic I will not bend.

Forty four year old men who sleep with thirteen year olds regardless of consent are breaking the law. No one is above or beneath the law. Forty four year old men who rob the joy from a thirteen year old girl by plying her with drugs and forcing sex upon her are rapists.

I find it interesting that you will condemn me for words and give him a pass for his actions. Interesting, indeed.

I meant smug more along the lines of "contentedly confident of one's ability, superiority, or correctness; complacent".

It is obvious you are angry, more angry than the actual victim I would add.

I did not criticize you based on you identity and take offense at your remarks(more innuendo).

Also you lied when you characterized my position regarding rape (strawman).

These examples of your behavior in our limited contact convince me that you could not be trusted render a fair verdict. You are excused.

posted on Oct, 2 2009 @ 02:16 PM
link   

I meant smug more along the lines of "contentedly confident of one's ability, superiority, or correctness; complacent".

It is obvious you are angry, more angry than the actual victim I would add.

You have no idea how the victim is in the privacy of her own home, her own thoughts, and her own company. To presume otherwise is folly.

Also you lied when you characterized my position regarding rape (strawman).

What did I lie about, exactly? Is not the onus on you to make yourself clear? Being mistaken is not lying, but I am not entirely certain that I am mistaken.

These examples of your behavior in our limited contact convince me that you could not be trusted render a fair verdict. You are excused.

I am "excused"? *raises an eyebrow*

Again, tell me why I am more rancorous in my behavior on a message board and less deserving of sympathy than Mr Polanski's behavior in real life with a girl of thirteen.

posted on Oct, 2 2009 @ 04:24 PM
link   

If you simply scroll up the screen you will see my position on rape and this case.

If you have the stomach for it check out what Polanski lived through. The fact his parents were butchered by the Nazis and his wife and unborn son were butchered by the Manson gang gives me sympathy for him. I know I am a softy and he should be repeatedly sodomized then taken out back and shot.

I would bet he could have gotten off fairly easily on an insanity plea. Did it occur to you he might in fact have been insane at the time?

Link to Sharon Tate crime photos

posted on Oct, 2 2009 @ 05:09 PM
link   

Forty four year old men who rob the joy from a thirteen year old girl by plying her with drugs and forcing sex upon her are rapists.

I've read some very abhorrent posts here while they claim to not defend the actions of the accused also consistently try to get us to see that this man has served his time.

This man has in no way served his time and should do the punishment befitting all rapists. And in my opinion only, in addition to jail time, a man found guilty of raping a child (and yes at 13 they are still a child), then they should be castrated and registered as a sex offender for life.

I also find it interesting about the drugs and alcohol. Elizabeth Smart faced in court today the man who kidnapped her at knife point 7 years ago and RAPED her repeatedly. She stated that Mitchell plied her with alcohol and drugs to lower her resistance.

Hmmm....alcohol and drugs to lower resistance. And he RAPED her. I don't read anywhere in the article that Mitchell forced sex on her. I am so disgustingly tired of people writing their comments in this topic who can't even bring themselves to write the word 'rape'. Maybe they think if they don't acknowledge it, then they can diminish what he did.

I say bring the guy back to the U.S. , try him, throw him in prison, take a portion of his wealth and give to the victim and another portion donate to rape crisis centers. Then, castrate him and label him a sex offender for the rest of his life. He needs to suffer.

posted on Oct, 2 2009 @ 05:13 PM
link   

If you have the stomach for it check out what Polanski lived through. The fact his parents were butchered by the Nazis and his wife and unborn son were butchered by the Manson gang gives me sympathy for him. I know I am a softy and he should be repeatedly sodomized then taken out back and shot.

No sympathy. Many others have faced similar unspeakable horrors and they did not go on to prey on innocent children for their own sexual deviant behaviors.

If he were mentally ill, then the system failed to detect it. Perhaps his celebrity overrode this from being fully investigated.

I am not a softy and Polanski should be repeatedly sodomized.

posted on Oct, 2 2009 @ 06:36 PM
link   
I thought I told you to go away with your trolling. Stop posting on this thread. You are dellusional.

reply to post by TheColdDragon

posted on Oct, 2 2009 @ 08:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by TheColdDragon

Uhhhhhhh.....

Have you ever Read "Lolita"?

Your comments make me think perhaps you haven't.

Uhhh, I have. I realize Nabokov intentions with the novel but with any author or artist the reader may take a different message from the story than they intended. As a female I perceive Lolita differently and I see the whole novel as a form of mental masturbation and fantasy for men, whether that was the intention or not.

Agree one hundred percent!! Lolita - a justification for the Nambla variety of criminal though in this case the target is a little girl - the cry of pedophiles everywhere and in every age - "but she came on to me!" ...Please....hogwash and bullpucky...I don't give a rats pattootie if she climbed up in your lap and pulled your pud, if she's underage your responsibility as an adult man is to walk away.

In the case of Polanski - I don't see how some here can say that he has been punished already for his crime - and it was...a crime...he served 42 days in jail at the time of the original charge...thats hardly a sentence for a misdemeanor let alone rape... or "forcing sex with a minor"...

42 days doesn't cut it especially for someone who shows no remorse. Maybe that's the way they do things in France but this isn't France and we don't as rule in America glamorize sex with children...though some of the ads out of Madison Avenue in the last twenty years have certainly tended in that direction which makes me wonder about the CEOs running those companies

posted on Oct, 2 2009 @ 08:25 PM
link   

See the titles under my name? They are apt, they are accurate. My handle? Also accurate.

lmao - good thing you've got those titles.

How about I shove a hot poker up your backside because your titles make me hot.

Oh...and it WILL be your fault. Because you're something else. *wink wink*

posted on Oct, 2 2009 @ 08:44 PM
link   

I am saying various things, Anecdote is not the singular of evidence.

Negative experience creates bias, the stronger the negative experience the more likely an unreasonable bias exists.

Experience in and of itself is not invalid. Personal experience is not proof of anything, but it is the foundation of opinion.

Opinions, rationally, can be said to have a value. Valueless opinions are from people who are incapable of seperating their personal experiences from their objective viewpoints.

posted on Oct, 2 2009 @ 08:49 PM
link   
reply to post by AmericanDaughter

Incorrect. This is a popular, repeated and not well founded assumption.

Allow me to illuminate you with numbers from a 5 and 10 year California study as it relates to Sex Offender Recidivisms.

Uncomfortable statistics

And to explain the chart... it would seem in the study that people found the so-called recidivism almost never has anything to do with sex-offenders re-offending with SEX crimes... .but are more frequently re-arrested on parole violations and other crimes.

posted on Oct, 2 2009 @ 08:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by Valhall

I've gotta ask if you mean hot in a good way, or if I get you irate and steamed.

I sure hope it's not the latter.

posted on Oct, 2 2009 @ 08:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by Valhall

I've gotta ask if you mean hot in a good way, or if I get you irate and steamed.

I sure hope it's not the latter.

Actually, neither. I was hoping it would sear the hole shut that all the bullcrap was emitting from.

You simply can't say no at this point...and if you do I'll just ignore you realizing I know much more than you about what is best at this point. You've driven me to this. It's an overwhelming desire and you simply must just roll over and succumb.

posted on Oct, 2 2009 @ 08:56 PM
link   

If you simply scroll up the screen you will see my position on rape and this case.

If you have the stomach for it check out what Polanski lived through. The fact his parents were butchered by the Nazis

My father's side of the family was sent to Nazi work camps and my mother's side was decimated by Stalin's purges. They were persecuted by the communists in Poland and yet...neither of them have committed a major felony yet.

I am not unsympathetic to what has happened to him, but the neighborhood that I grew up in is littered with hopelessness, gang violence, and bad examples left and right. However, when people from my neighborhood committed a crime they went to jail. Why? Because when you commit a crime you go to jail.

The victim doesn't care why you hurt them, they care that they were hurt.

and his wife and unborn son were butchered by the Manson gang gives me sympathy for him.

Me, too. I am actually sympathetic. I think that it is terribly sad that people from my neighborhood who knew nothing but violence are sent to jail because I see that they were made that way.

That said, you cannot let criminals free who would harm others because that just perpetuates the cycle. I am serious about this. I would be the first to visit him in jail with a good book or a pad of paper to hand him so he could write. I am not cruel and vindictive. I want justice.

I know I am a softy and he should be repeatedly sodomized then taken out back and shot.
I don't think he should be shot. I think he should have gotten jail time.

I would bet he could have gotten off fairly easily on an insanity plea. Did it occur to you he might in fact have been insane at the time?

I'm being serious now, did you know that Hitler had Parkinson's? That he was probably crazy when he did what he did? Should he have just been retired to a mental home? I am interested in your answer.

I can believe that Roman Polanski is a seriously disturbed individual who makes great art. I can enjoy his art, but think he needs to serve jail time because his tragedy does not excuse what was done to someone else.

Crazy in a harmful to others way means that individual needs to be removed from society as not to harm others or themselves.

top topics

<< 12  13  14    16  17  18 >>

join