It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

You better agree with me, because if you don't everyone will hate you.

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 16 2004 @ 03:18 PM
link   
Oh, and can we include professional athletes with their multi-million dollar contracts.
Team owners.
And, did you remember to add the Catholic Church.

Good work, JJ. I hate PCness...as much as the Colonel hates Repugnants.

posted on May, 16 2004 @ 08:01 PM
link   
I think weightism is a real thing, and those who are, are hated by the Cellulite Group of America.

It naughty to call a fat pig a fat pig.

It's a no no to tell someone that they are an embarisment to humans everywhere.

It's taboo to say that "When you reach 350 lbs. a light should go off in your head, like, 'Whoa, I'm a lardy hog.' ". (no joke, I've gotten crapped on for this quote exactly).

I'm sorry, but fat people piss me off.

SALAD... EAT ONE

posted on May, 16 2004 @ 08:49 PM
link   
Should one not realize that they project as weaknesses or negatives their own downfalls as misappropriated characteristics of self as recognizeable, (so one must know AS these aspects to claim any authority to speak with any knowledge on them as subjects) yet rather than apply self-guided meditations or disciplines as to acknowledge ones own weaknesses and deal with them to nullify them accordingly.

You can say whatever you want as no matter what you think as to proclaim these notions, I believe hate is counterproductive to ones experience as a living being. One can only know themselves, or i as I know what I think I know, state as opinion as I am not and cannot know as yourself or any other. I accept what I cannot change, change what I can and will not allow another as to know they are ignorant of what it is as to know me as I am.
or else you would be typing this to yourself and I would be some hate-guy.

No offense but focus on outside, negative and useless concepts that are weak and sad as primitive fight or flight fears of misunderstanding that ar3e inspired by narrow vision and ignorance or arrogance or both. Oh and by the way, you can rant, swear, or attempt to defy my logical rartionale but that is even counter-productive as you will not change my views as I have self realized truths that many have, and discussion that lacks intelligent points of reason and debate is drivel and misuse of the language.

Not to be as arrogant, I am not, I just want to save you the trouble of wasting however much time it could take you to write a reply that I would not give a thought to, so I guess I am trying to save you effort and that is friendly enough is it not. My friend, what it means to know thyself, or at least have the vocabulary to explain it, is to know you are alone in yur head and can change no one but yourself. Peace, and good luck with your....personal philosophies borne of 85% emotion, 14% logic as to be able to put words together and 1% unknown as only the ignorant speak hate to those who are as objective. Peace! Or maybe you deny it.....like ignorance am I right

posted on May, 16 2004 @ 09:15 PM
link   
How more pious! The words of the Great Worm than those of the false prophets here who perpetuate hate!

posted on May, 16 2004 @ 09:34 PM
link   
i bet a hundred million dollar illuminati filthy green piecesss of paper this post is A FRAUD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

posted on May, 16 2004 @ 10:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by topsecretombomb
i bet a hundred million dollar illuminati filthy green piecesss of paper this post is A FRAUD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Huh? A fraud? What do you mean? Do you think I'm the "They" in that's what They say? I'm confused...

posted on May, 16 2004 @ 10:48 PM
link   
depends on who u talkin to. everyone hates on someone. it's okay for conservatives to hate on liberals though most of the folk on ya list are people liberals hate one we gotta face facts...we live in a playa hatin society now.

Everybody does it its not just liberals and its not just the folk on the list that get hated on...snap, we all get hated on. Folk need to mind they on business. The problem is folk peekin in your windows tryin to regulate how you live.

[Edited on 16-5-2004 by Saphronia]

posted on May, 16 2004 @ 11:17 PM
link   
I hate noone. Hate is a strong word, not to be used lightly.

I see the meaning of your post. People are "hating" these groups because of stereotypes. They are being told to hate them. I think that most of the people that "hate" these groups are ignorant and just jumping on the bandwagon. Deny ignorace. Deny stereotypes.

posted on May, 16 2004 @ 11:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by JustAnIllusion
I hate noone. Hate is a strong word, not to be used lightly.

I see the meaning of your post. People are "hating" these groups because of stereotypes. They are being told to hate them. I think that most of the people that "hate" these groups are ignorant and just jumping on the bandwagon. Deny ignorace. Deny stereotypes.

Awesome post, I agree completely! It's the lack of knowlege that allows someone to hate a group of people. If you're going to hate someone, hate them for who they are, not the group they're affiliated with.

By the way, there is only one person I've ever hated. and since then I've come to forgive them and I've gotten over that hate. Now, I wish them the best, but the circumstances they put themselves into makes that very unlikely.

posted on May, 16 2004 @ 11:52 PM
link   
Son of a bitch...

I'm a white American Catholic male Republican smoker who eats meat, owns guns, thinks animal rights activists ought to be eaten; my father is a cop, I hate drug users, uses Windows, and thinks war is the only way to accomplish some ends.

No damn wonder

posted on May, 17 2004 @ 04:20 AM
link   
Hate, hatred, detest, dislike. These are all part of the human emotion. We all have the ability to hate and we can hate almost anything. Hate is a lower emotion that is hard to avoid for many people.

What people don't realize is that over the years, hundreds, even thousands of years there has been a push for us to hate. The "they" have been keeping people fighting, pitting us against each other for any and every reason "they" could think of.

"They" started most of the wars, religions, hate groups. "They" are in control of almost every big group and Organization, including education, medical fields, politics, religion, media, science and others.

Why do "they" want to keep us hating and fighting with each other?

Order through Chaos. "They" do this for one reason only. "They" want to run the world, "they" want you to think it is the only solution, "they" want you to be willing to give up your rights and freedoms in return for security and peace.

It goes much deeper then this. There's not much we can do about it, except to stop the hate. Change that hate to love. Teach your children to love all people. Teach by example, show your love.

Peace
Connie

posted on May, 17 2004 @ 07:07 AM
link   
You know most of the time, I'm not proud of the rhetoric that gets posted in here. Most of the time I wish it was another moderator that had this forum. But, its the one subject that really hits to the heart of a scandal that makes it all worth while.

In the later half of this post, I've noticed that the subject has centered more around hatred rather than the true topic as I see it. Political Correctness.

I don't think this author meant to say that its okay to hate period. What he meant to shine a light on was the hypocrisy envolved with our political correct agenda. Hey, welcome to the United States of the Offended! Thats what we've all become. This ideology, in my opinion, is nothing more than a tool or weapon to force the social acceptance of things the ordinary everyday individual would never accept let alone work to fund.

Its to keep us from saying; "Hey, you can't use public assistance money to put 24 inch rims on your SUV..and how the hell did you afford that while not working, anyway?" Bam!
"I'm Offended!

or

"Hey, why the hell am I doing twice as much work to make up for Jim who is in drug rehab but can't be replaced with someone who would carry his own weight?"

Bam!
Jim's offended you even asked such a thing. Get back to work, he's got a project due tomorrow you insensitive doof.

And of course anyone who dares stand up for themselves in the wake of being taken advantage of by those who deem themselves entitled for whatever reason are branded with a nice shiney label for all to see whether it be homophobe (if you aren't into promoting their political agenda) to racist if the person screwing you happens to be another nationality whether or not race is a factor.

Oh, and lets not forget enemy of the environment, if you prefer to allow people educated in forestry to manage forests rather than emotional, political activist who, with little knowledge of ecology, have deemed it their duty to stop control burning and clearcutting of downed underbrush and from that have given us massive destructive forest fires as well as the pine beatle infestation in the east which wiped out more timber than controlled logging ever could.

yes, these are the people who point the finger at the automobile industry for producing the SUV and then get in theirs and drive home from the protest. The elite who are somehow exempt from the rules they would have the rest of us follow.

Great post on a subject that cannot be attacked enough.

posted on May, 17 2004 @ 07:21 AM
link   
so prankmonkey, what you're saying is something along the lines of "i may not agree with what you have to say, but i will fight for your right to say it" kinda deal? hmmm, voltairishy... i think i like that. dfh out.

posted on May, 17 2004 @ 08:16 AM
link   
JJ, are you saying that there shouldn't be any Political Correctness?

I am far more left than any of your Liberals in the US....!!

Some people can take a good jibe about their differences, but as a general rule it's considered rude to point out and ridicule someone or group for being different, and I agree.

Unfortunately there are so many categories/groups that people fit into, these days, that the permatations are close to infinte, which is where PCness becomes a little too hard to practice.

I find that the main people who tend to disagree with PCness are from the right wing political affiliates, which doesn't surprise me as they have a distinct inability to empathise with the under dog.

I also found that when myself and my friends were going through our "right on" development, I was the outsider, because I was White, Male and Hetrosexual (WMH), most everthing that was bad could be attributed to this group - WMH.

I would much prefer that PCness didn't have to exist, but there are a great many people in this world who are born without and fail to grasp common sense and respect, and I see many people on this site who fit that bill all too well.

Alot of people cannot help the positions they are in, and normally suffer from low self esteem due to years of ridicule.

So if you're an Old over weight black wheelchair bound lesbian muslim, you have no real reason to be ridiculed, just make sure you don't vote Republican/Conservative, the odds will be stacked against you otherwise...!!

posted on May, 17 2004 @ 09:42 AM
link   
I had to watch this thread a couple days to digest it, or even get my head around where some of these tangents were coming from. There's alot of valid insight(or rather partial truths) being espoused here about the evils of "hate", but that doesn't necessarily mean the implications or direction of the anti-PC movement are correct or even justified.

Basically, you've all been played.

When I was coming along there was a tiny little insignificant reform movement from a group of social think tankers pressing for the rights of the "handicapped" to have access to mainstream education and employment such as requiring ramps and fair practices. As part of the recommendations, it was cited that calling someone "handicapped" denotes in some small way being less than equal. The suggestion was made that they prefer "physically challenged".

A correlation was immediately drawn by some to the previous movement to stop referring to people by the color of their skin (as in "BLACK") opting rather for their origins, like African-American or Asian-American or Hispanic-American, etc. so as not to dehumanize or reduce people to physical components.

The backlash to all these reforms was unified under the rally banner of "POLITCAL CORRECTNESS" as a means of making a joke out of the efforts.

Thus it was was from this small 90's movement to integrate the wheelchair bound into society that the RIGHT (led notably by Gingrich and Limbaugh on this matter) saw a POLITCAL OPPORTUNITY to exploit the mindset of middle class white guys even further.

*POOF*

PC became a household name, a dirty word and yet another reason to hate the left and fight absolutely any societal progress...kicking and screaming as some perverted defense to a perceived threat to white maleness. All of which was completely engineered in the minds of a few Republican strategists.

Contrary to what you've been told, there's no PC police or "vast liberal conspiracy" to enforce one.

It's your right to be an unenlightened bigot and call anyone any name you want. But it's also any company's right to have a policy against it...just like this website does.

The problem (and threat) is all in your head. Opportunistic fear mongering Republican leaders put it there. Just like the Republican diversion tactic that all your jobs go to minorites and all your taxes go to welfare...while they send your jobs overseas and your money to Iraq.

Get a real cause to complain about. Not this spoon fed Republican tripe from AM radio.

posted on May, 17 2004 @ 09:59 AM
link   
"People are so politcally correct these days. You can't say 'colored' or 'negro' anymore. If you see a white woman with a colored feller', you can't say that's a bad thing. I can't call those Chinese people who own that restaurant 'orientals' anymore, and all of those retarded cripple people ain't retarded and crippled anymore!" *spits out chew* "Why, now they got a spanish channel on the tv! America is a white christian nation, the Constitution and stuff was written for us, not you guys. Now go back to where you came from!"

posted on May, 17 2004 @ 10:00 AM
link   
P.C is very dangerous-This is censorship by guilt .
I hate lots of things and people and I'm sure lots of people hate me .
As soon as people are not allowed to express themselves that is the end of democracy.
I HATE DOBERMANS,ROTTWIELERS etc
I ALSO HATE FAT PEOPLE WHO SMELL OF BABY LOTION/WIPES.

posted on May, 17 2004 @ 10:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by imhotep
P.C is very dangerous-This is censorship by guilt .

If you feel guilty, there's probably a good reason.

posted on May, 17 2004 @ 10:45 AM
link   

TextI don't understand, JJ. Most of the groups you list are the very ones that if you hate, will get the Dept. of Homeland Security, FBI, CIA, and DIA breathing down your neck.

I agree with you, my husband calls me radical because I am against anything and everything, I pro choice, and am against any religious organizations, and the way this great country is rule by retarded.

posted on May, 17 2004 @ 11:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by Xenographer
Son of a bitch...

I'm a white American Catholic male Republican smoker who eats meat, owns guns, thinks animal rights activists ought to be eaten; my father is a cop, I hate drug users, uses Windows, and thinks war is the only way to accomplish some ends.

No damn wonder

lol Well, now we all know who to hate

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join