It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Obama,The Pitchman, Clearly Has Nothing Better to Do!!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 28 2009 @ 10:42 AM
link   

Obama to make 2016 Olympics pitch for Chicago

Barack Obama to become first US president to lobby International Olympic Committee in person

Barack Obama is to deploy his renowned powers of persuasion and charm against the International Olympic Committee this week in an effort to win the 2016 summer games for his old hometown, Chicago.

Obama will become the first US president to lobby the IOC in person when he travels to its meeting in Copenhagen on Friday to try to ensure that Chicago, his hometown before he became president, walks away with the prize.

Obama originally planned to let his wife, Michelle, represent the US at the meeting but, following a trend set by Tony Blair when he flew to Singapore in July 2005 to lobby successfully on behalf of London for the 2012 Olympic games, apparently decided that he could make the difference. Chicago is a narrow favourite to win.

But Obama will be up against a few other heads of state and government. The Japanese, Brazilian and Spanish leaders will be there to promote Tokyo, Rio de Janeiro and Madrid.

Chicago's mayor, Richard Daley, enthused at the influence the first couple could bring.

"President Obama and first lady Michelle Obama symbolise the hope, opportunity and inspiration that makes Chicago great, and we are honoured to have two of our city's most accomplished residents leading our delegation in Copenhagen," he said.

"Who better to share with members of the International Olympic Committee the commitment and enthusiasm Chicago has for the Olympic and Paralympic Movement than the president and first lady."

www.guardian.co.uk...

What is wrong with this picture given the tough times that our nation is currently facing? Unemployment is going up and real estate values are hitting rock bottom. We are involved in a world wide political quagmire and Obama is jetting off to Denmark on the tax payer's back to stump for his Chicago Cronies at the IOC meeting.

He is the first sitting president to ever do this in person!!!! He was also the first sitting clown to appear on late night tv.

Could Obama send a liason? Could he send a videotaped message? Could a representative from Chicago go?

I guess Obama has to many people to pay back and way to many backs he has yet to scratch back in Chicagoland.

This is pathetic.

[edit on 28-9-2009 by jibeho]

posted on Sep, 28 2009 @ 06:51 PM
link   
I think it is a great idea. If he can get the games in Chicago it would be good for the country on several fronts. It will bring in a nice bit of income into our economy, and it may even help to lift the spirits of some people which I never see as a bad thing.

As far as making a point of him being the first on late night t.v. what exactly is your point? How is someone being on Late Night, or The Tonight Show any worse than the being on MTV, or morning shows like Today, or Good Morning America for that matter?

posted on Sep, 29 2009 @ 07:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by Majiq
I think it is a great idea. If he can get the games in Chicago it would be good for the country on several fronts. It will bring in a nice bit of income into our economy, and it may even help to lift the spirits of some people which I never see as a bad thing.

As far as making a point of him being the first on late night t.v. what exactly is your point? How is someone being on Late Night, or The Tonight Show any worse than the being on MTV, or morning shows like Today, or Good Morning America for that matter?

The first sitting POTUS on late night TV correlates to being the first sitting POTUS to pitch for the Olympics in person. These correlate directly for Obama's constant thirst for media attention and subsequent spotlighting to quench his never ending narcissistic tendencies. Obama likes anything associated with the word FIRST. The FIRST president to be totally ignorant of foreign affairs/policy and the opinions and concerns of the masses.

If you really want to give a city a true boost by hosting the Olympics, pick Detroit, Cleveland, Youngstown or Buffalo. Anyway, the true long term costs would outweigh any short term gains in a city like Chicago. Who is going to pony up the cash??

[edit on 29-9-2009 by jibeho]

posted on Sep, 29 2009 @ 07:54 AM
link   
reply to post by jibeho

You just have to remember; This is Obama's country, he is just allowing us to live in it......for the time being.

posted on Sep, 29 2009 @ 08:12 AM
link   
I seem to recall seeing President Clinton play a sax on [I think it was] the Arsenio Hall Show [in or around] 1993. I remember thinking that was pretty cool him having the stones to go on a late nite comedy show, not knowing what would be thrown at him.

In regard to the OP, I guess it just seems so far away (2016) that I don't care. Yes, I believe there are far more pressing and important things for the President to concern himself with. It almost feels to me like a game of "lets pretend everything is going to go on as normal", although I hasten to point out that I am somewhat of a foilhead.

posted on Sep, 29 2009 @ 08:16 AM
link   
When you can't provide substance, you provide theater.

This is theater. Plain and simple.

posted on Sep, 29 2009 @ 08:26 AM
link   
reply to post by argentus

Clinton's appearance on Arsenio was in June of 1992 during the campaign. It was definitely a defining moment for the first MTV president and probably helped him clinch his spot in history. It was a genius move at the time.

Obama on the other hand sat down to rehearsed softball questions from a gushing Letterman for the majority of the show.

posted on Sep, 29 2009 @ 08:26 AM
link   
reply to post by loam

When you can't provide substance, you provide theater.

This is theater. Plain and simple.

NO NO this is fiddling while Rome burns and Congress lit the fire.

Remember Clinton ratified the World Trade Organizations starving millions world wide and exporting our jobs to China. Obama (and Bush) are just more of the same - Banking/Corporate puppets. Obama has that grin on his face because of all the pats on the back from the bankers for mortally crippling the USA.

In Sept. 14, 1994 David Rockefeller, speaking at the UN Business Council,.
"This present window of opportunity, during which a truly peaceful and interdependent world order might be built, will not be open for too long - We are on the verge of a global transformation. All we need is the right major crisis and the nations will accept the New World Order."

In 1995 World Trade Organization (WTO) was ratified.

Control the Food, Control The People - Kissinger

top topics

join