It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Every One Speaks about HAARP, but did you know...

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 25 2009 @ 08:35 PM
link   
Yep you are correct

There are dozens of other similar facilities across the globe. In fact HAARP is relatively old technology. Its just bigger and apparently better then the older ones

posted on Sep, 26 2009 @ 04:11 AM
link   
45 minutes in to the read..and I say awesome thread.! S+F

Certainly widens my view and knowledge about HAARP like facilities.
Great stuff!

Cheers

posted on Sep, 26 2009 @ 05:02 AM
link   
Interesting thread, but I am confused a bit. So are you saying these facilities are linked, or part of a network of some sort?
I fail to see any links between many of them. One thing you should look at are the frequency ranges many of these use. Some use HF frequency ranges, some use microwave bands, and some in between. They all have different uses which, if you look into what various frequencies can be used for, lead me to believe that there can be no common usage or link for many of these, if thats what your implying.
I have always been interested in radio, since I was about 16, and I am a licensed amateur radio operator as well ( full qualifications ).
There are antennas everywhere if you open your eyes in your local area, with hundreds of different uses. Some even look very strange, strange enough to ask what it may be used for.
Many of the ones you have listed are nothing but observatories for looking into the stars. Some are nothing but radar stations.
Interesting thread, but the point of listing all these is?????

posted on Sep, 26 2009 @ 05:07 AM
link   
Awesome!

ZORGON RULE AND TEACH!

Great, friend knight!
S&F!!

posted on Sep, 26 2009 @ 06:04 AM
link   
JORN is an OTH-B (Over The Horizon - Backscatter) radar system. OTH-B radars work by reflecting radar waves off the ionosphere to get past the radar horizon. Apparently it detected stealth aircraft over the Nevada desert... In any case there are huge amounts of OTH-B systems all over the world, even dating back to the 1950s - iirc, they do not work like HAARP does although they use the ionosphere.

Similar systems to JORN include.

AN/TPS-71 ROTHR.
Russian Woodpecker
AN/FPS-118
And a bunch in China that are on Google Earth.

Also included was a OTH-SW (Surface Wave) system, which diffracts radar waves around the Earth along the surface of the ocean, allowing them to travel beyond the traditional radar horizon. It does not use the ionosphere like an OTH-B system or HAARP would.

Some links for further reading...
www.etl.noaa.gov...

geimint.blogspot.com...

geimint.blogspot.com...

[edit on 26/9/2009 by C0bzz]

posted on Sep, 26 2009 @ 07:41 AM
link   
reply to post by TheWretched

I agree, such a multiplicity of equipment types, antenna types, frequencies, and intended uses cannot possibly be parts of a coordinated worldwide system.

When I was in the Antarctic as Radio Communications Officer, at one of the Australian bases, we even had a small ionosonde transmitter/receiver system there. It regularly squawked straight up into the ionosphere, and recorded the reflected echo.

Large electrically steerable phased antenna arrays can be used for many purposes, including radio astronomy, over the horizon radars, and ionospheric measurement. Nothing at all sinister in any of that.

posted on Sep, 26 2009 @ 08:33 AM
link   
reply to post by zorgon

...and a new mini-HAARP has been built this year in Andøy, Norway.

www.rocketrange.no...

posted on Sep, 26 2009 @ 09:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by C0bzz
JORN is an OTH-B (Over The Horizon - Backscatter) radar system. OTH-B radars work by reflecting radar waves off the ionosphere to get past the radar horizon. Apparently it detected stealth aircraft over the Nevada desert... In any case there are huge amounts of OTH-B systems all over the world, even dating back to the 1950s - iirc, they do not work like HAARP does although they use the ionosphere.

Similar systems to JORN include.

AN/TPS-71 ROTHR.
Russian Woodpecker
AN/FPS-118
And a bunch in China that are on Google Earth.

Also included was a OTH-SW (Surface Wave) system, which diffracts radar waves around the Earth along the surface of the ocean, allowing them to travel beyond the traditional radar horizon. It does not use the ionosphere like an OTH-B system or HAARP would.

Some links for further reading...
www.etl.noaa.gov...

geimint.blogspot.com...

geimint.blogspot.com...

According to a CEO of Defence contractor when asked whether JORN is only used for what you mentioned // he said there are are many use's for JORN beyond the given story,

How do you fool an Ozzie?

Place a USA base there and tell them its normal

posted on Sep, 26 2009 @ 09:14 AM
link   
This entire Planet is screwed as I see it, I can see government leaders saying if we don't do it someone else will then they will be the head Leaders and have control.

If new technology is used for the good that's one thing but to control or hurt another in anyway is.....................I don't see HAARP as going to be used for anything good but as with everythng time will tell.

These people need to stop trying to play God.

posted on Sep, 26 2009 @ 09:44 AM
link   
reply to post by Somamech

Of course there are other uses for JORN - they are all open source - however it is very similar to many other systems dating back to the 1950s, because OTH-B systems are nothing new. I don't really care what some CEO says, I ask the engineers, analysts, and look at the fundamental differences between the two.

Also, given the amount of help the United States have given us in terms of military issues - why exactly would I care if they have an intelligence base here? Let me guess - you haven't been within five thousand miles of pine gap (Google Earth and MS paint doesn't count), know absolutely nothing about it, the Australian military, or Australian politics? Also, was that a (poor) attempt at humour?

en.wikipedia.org...

math.ucr.edu...

posted on Sep, 26 2009 @ 09:53 AM
link   
Great post, starred and flagged. Did anyone happen to watch the History Channel last night? They had as show called "That's Impossible," and the show as all about HAARP, and the different facilities around the world, and how they use it as a weather weapon. I too have researched this thing, but the show had all of the tech, plus computer animation, and was fabulously presented.

posted on Sep, 26 2009 @ 10:12 AM
link   
s+f

back in the days we used to hunt for northern lights when esicat announced that they where doing "experiments" and the other way around , when we saw northen lights we checked if esicat had announced any "experiments"

at least back in the days they announced everything on their site about when and where.

nifty little toys

posted on Sep, 26 2009 @ 10:14 AM
link   
S&F

HAARP based off Tesla idea

'Woodpecker' signal sound from the DUGA facility in Chernobyl

posted on Sep, 26 2009 @ 10:51 AM
link   
I knew a lot about HAARP, but not much about the other facilities.. one thing that I found interesting is a lot of the aerial view shots of the sites remind me of the ancient Nazca (sp) lines.

posted on Sep, 26 2009 @ 11:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by C0bzz
reply to post by Somamech

Of course there are other uses for JORN - they are all open source - however it is very similar to many other systems dating back to the 1950s, because OTH-B systems are nothing new. I don't really care what some CEO says, I ask the engineers, analysts, and look at the fundamental differences between the two.

Also, given the amount of help the United States have given us in terms of military issues - why exactly would I care if they have an intelligence base here? Let me guess - you haven't been within five thousand miles of pine gap (Google Earth and MS paint doesn't count), know absolutely nothing about it, the Australian military, or Australian politics? Also, was that a (poor) attempt at humour?

en.wikipedia.org...

math.ucr.edu...

Yes... why would you care to post what you did?

posted on Sep, 26 2009 @ 11:21 AM
link   
reply to post by C0bzz

And seeing you claim to know JORN so well why not post the other locations that DSTO use for experimental purpose's ?

posted on Sep, 26 2009 @ 11:24 AM
link   
Interesting info!

Might as well add Svarbard to your list.

This report describes the deployment of a new ionospheric sounder, the Digisonde Portable Sounder (DPS), at Svalbard (78.2 deg N) and discusses the first results obtained with this instrument. The most important new feature in the DPS, not available in the old Digisondes, is the capability of high precision incidence angle measurements and spectral characterization at up to 128 ranges.
This capability can be applied to identify and track irregularities generated by high power HF transmitters as planned for HAARP (HF Active Auroral Research Program) experiments in Alaska.

oai.dtic.mil...

One thing.

I don't understand the need to transmit signals using the ionosphere.
It seems satellite would be much easier.

I have seen where these are supposed to modify the ionosphere, causing me to believe this is about weather control.

These discoveries [Immel et al., 2006] show that the entire ionosphere, sometimes referred to as “the inner edge of space,” regularly responds to the tropospheric weather systems below. The likely mechanism for effectively carrying tropospheric energy upward to the edge of space to modify the ionosphere is the generation and upward propagation of large-scale waves, known as atmospheric tides.

www.agu.org...

posted on Sep, 26 2009 @ 11:28 AM
link   
Zorgon, are there any rumours as to whether there is one on Antarctica? I wasn't expecting to see that many sites to be honest. S&F.

posted on Sep, 26 2009 @ 11:34 AM
link   
I just found this which I thought was interesting.

Other military documents point out HAARP's potential for altering weather patterns for defensive tactical measures, exploring Earth-penetrating tomography (used to locate weapons facilities underground) and geophysical probing for natural resources like oil, mineral deposits and gas.

Dr. Nick Begich, author of Angels Don't Play This HAARP, warns that the consequences of the military's experiment are more serious than mere tampering with the ionosphere. "Energy in certain frequencies when reaching the outermost portions of the ionosphere can be amplified up to 1,000 times by natural processes. A serious environmental disaster-such as geoelectric storms, hurricanes or floods--may well be the result," Begich cautions.

HAARP's inventor, Bernard Eastlund, says there's no cause for concern-yet. "What's up there now is not, in my opinion, big enough to be concerned about. It has to be used judiciously, but it's not the kind of power level that can do the stuff that's in my patents yet. But they're getting up there. This is a very powerful device. Especially if they go to the expanded stage."

Stage III of Eastlund's patent is a considerable expansion incorporating HAARP's military defense goals: 360 antennas together reaching 1.7 gigawatts (1,700,000,000 watts) of power, enabling HAARP to alter a significant portion of the ionosphere, and create a virtual mirror theoretically capable of astounding defensive feats.

HAARP first gained attention in 1993 when the Federal Aviation Administration began advising commercial pilots about the large amounts of electromagnetic radiation that HAARP could generate, possibly interrupting pilot communication and electronic instrumentation.

www.emagazine.com...

Crazy weather, unexplained plane crashes.

Could they be blamed on the HAARP system. Absolutely. You might be on to something Zorgon.

posted on Sep, 26 2009 @ 12:55 PM
link   
reply to post by Eden

Thanks for adding those
I had an audio file of the Woodpecker but it wasn't compatible with ATS media

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join